Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

5 posters

Downtime 5 - Sun

RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 4 Empty Re: Downtime 5 - Sun

Post by RafV Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:27 pm

Sun ponders for a moment. He doesn't really need magic-enhancing stuff, as he has no clue how to cast spells, and the magical powers it would give him aren't of much use to him
    "Say, Ichigo, exactly how much trouble can I get in for having these, and how much trouble can I get in for selling them?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:21 pm

Ichigo says, "Depends. Having them? Some are prescription drugs that are not technically illegal to have, but would be illegal to sell. Others will put you in jail if you get caught selling or possessing them. Unless the laws have changed since I got my license, the immortal flower, rock lizard blood, animal tongue, and shade should be schedule two while the others are schedule one drugs. Schedule one are the ones that will get you arrested for having or selling. If you have enough of it, you could even be executed. I don't think this is enough for that, but all the same, I wouldn't want to test it. The schedule two stuff will probably only get you in trouble if you are selling it. "Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 4 Pills_2103569b
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:06 am

Sun visibly is getting nervous. He's thinking about getting them off his hands as fast as possible, as he'd rather not have anything to do with anything illegal or semi-legal.
    "You're a doctor. You can be seen with any kind of drugs. You want to get them off of my hands? Please? Pretty please? Just put a bag with the money in somewhere, and I just happen to take that bag, and then it's not even sold. It's just me giving you these for free, and at the same time just happen to find a bag of money. All perfectly fine. Ehehehehehe..."
    A bead of sweat starts to run down his forehead as his eyes nervously shift left and right.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:46 pm

Ichigo says, "Hey man, I've got enough trouble on my hands without figuring out what to do with what I can only assume to be a stolen stash of illegal drugs. The immortal flower is tempting as it has useful medical properties that could restore some of the lost limbs of the injured here, but there are only 2 doses so then I would have to choose who got it and who didn't and I really don't want to be in that position."Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 4 Pills_2103569b
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:59 pm

Sun's face is shiny from the sweat running down his face. He thanks Ichigo, then walks back to the city center, trying his best to be as nonchalant as possible, whistling random tunes and everything. At the center, he sits down and ponders... Maybe he can fence it off to WuJen. Maybe the folks at the magic university are interested in it for research. Maybe handing it to the cops is the right thing to do... But then they will arrest him again... Sun thinks and thinks and thinks, then decides to go to Sam and ask him if he can call mr. Kamogawa over one of those secure lines he's heard so much about in the trids.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:54 pm

"Hey Sam, can you call mr. Kamogawa over one of those secure lines I hear about on trids for me?" Sun says as he hands Sam his (Sun's) commlink.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:57 pm

"Sure, Sun." Sam says, taking Sun's commlink. He wipes off a layer of oil from the screen, and sets up an encrypted call with a contact in Sun's address book labeled Kamagowa. Once the line is ringing, her hands the commlink back to Sun.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:19 pm

"Hey mr. Kamogawa. It's Sun here. I got some... ahemm.... rice I don't need. You think you can find a use for some... ahemmm.... rice?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:16 am

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 4 2cf2fd6cc73c8982cfee15130424b350Somewhere in a smoky room, Kamogawa Takamura was receiving a call. Glancing at the call info, he says to himself, "Oh great... It's Sun... Hope it isn't another butt dial."

Putting out his cigarette, he answers the call and greets Sun, but when the dwarf starts going on and on about rice, he tries to figure out what he is talking about. Did the oaf steal a shipment of rice and now wants to sell it to me for some reason? Trying to figure out Sun could be exhausting and stressful at times, and this seemed to be one of those times. Mr Kamogawa slips another cigarette out of a small box and lights up, taking a deep puff before asking, "Just how much rice are we talking about here?"
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:23 am

"We're talking about a briefcase full of... ahhhemmm... rice... and it seems mostly... ahemm.... rice... for magic users and I don't want to go to jail for having this... ahhemm... rice..."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:26 am

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 4 2cf2fd6cc73c8982cfee15130424b350The dwarf was acting nuttier than usual. Either whatever this rice was was goddamn radioactive, or someone handed him some literal rice and convinced him it was illegal magic rice. Mr Kamogawa gave even odds for either. For a moment, his curiosity wrestled in a cage match battle royale with his good sense and his irritation. Curiosity ended up shiving good sense and irritation in the throat and stood victoriously over their corpses. Giving a sigh, he said, "Alright, bring this rice over and I'll take a look at it. Better be some goddamn special rice, because I don't usually deal in rice."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:00 am

Sun shifts his eyes left and right while he looks for the biggest raincoat around that may fit him. He throws it on, shoves the briefcase underneath it, and walks at a brisk pace towards mr. Kamogawa's office, along the way his eyes darting everywhere, while trying to maintain an air of nonchalance by whistling.

Ignoring the two middle-aged prostitutes again, Sun arrives at mr. Kamogawa's office, rings the bell and gets buzzed in.

After wiping his feet and bowing to the rotund man, Sun nervously looks around and slides the briefcase from under his raincoat.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:32 am

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 4 2cf2fd6cc73c8982cfee15130424b350Mr Kamogawa sighed as he clicked open the briefcase, still have expecting it to be filled with actual rice. What he actually finds is a stash of very valuable drugs. Glancing up at Sun, he asks, "And just where did you acquire this... rice." 
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:25 pm

"A prison buddy gave this... ahemmm... rice... to me as thanks for rendered services."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:12 pm

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 4 2cf2fd6cc73c8982cfee15130424b350Mr Kamogawa closes the briefcase and says, "I don't know that I can actually sell this. Stuff like this either comes from the Yakuza or a pharmaceutical lab. Trying to find a buyer who isn't going to sell me out to one of the two is both dangerous and a pain. I'll give you 2,000 nuyen for the lot. Take it or leave it." 
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:37 pm

Remembering that Ichigo said it's worth ten times as much as what mr. Kamogawa is offering, Sun decides not to get taken for a fool. He takes the briefcase, bows to mr. Kamogawa.
    "Thank you for your kind offer, mr. Kamogawa. I wouldn't want to create any trouble for you, so I'll take this... ahemmm... rice... to make sure you don't suffer anything because of them."

He shoves the briefcase back under his coat and leaves, wondering what to do next... Who would want to get these off his hands. Maybe the dryad can use them... But knowing the value, Sun also doesn't want to be underpaid, and he knows the farmers don't have 20K to spare. Who else... Who else... . For now, Sun shoves the briefcase under his mattress, and goes to wander the grilled chicken places in Izakaya.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:32 am

Mr Kamogawa breathes a sigh of relief that the offer wasn't taken. Truth be told, he wanted nothing to do with those drugs. He liked to get things that he knew he could line up a buyer for and drugs of that value would take some searching. Oh sure, the typical junkie would want them, but they wouldn't be able to afford them. And those who could afford them, probably wouldn't want them. Likely being stolen Yakuza property didn't make the deal any more enticing. Still, he keeps a straight face and says, "I'm sorry we couldn't come to an arrangement. Good luck."

Sun finds himself at a yakitoriya called simply enough: 'Chicken'. The smell of smoke, cooking chicken and a tinge of sweet soy sauce entices the senses as he approaches. A young human male flips skewers of chicken on a little grill and welcomes Sun to the restaurant. The front bar has a couple of empty seats. Those seats that are filled have what appear to be human salarymen in business suits, joking around and sipping on beer. There are several tables around, all low to the ground and intended to be knelt at, though there are small cushions around them for the comfort of the guests. Two tables have been pushed together and has about 9 or 10 human girls in their 20's seated, having a good time and obviously tipsy.  A pair of male dwarves sit at another table. The last occupied table seats a solitary female ork, a cup containing the remains of at least 100 skewers sitting in front of her.
    Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 4 59f61d291800001900d59ffc
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:00 am

Sun sees the two dwarves and feels inclined to finally sit together with his own, finally having met some dwarves in this city of humans, elves and orks. However, his eyes keep getting pulled at the ridiculous number of skewers on the ork's table. He gives a friendly nod to the dwarves and walks over to the ork.

"Excuse me, miss. Is this seat taken?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:04 pm

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 4 7fa0197c3e869fcbee6a9afac94af3d3The woman looks over at Sun and says, "No, I suppose not," before taking a huge swig from her tankard of beer. She looks down sadly at her empty plate and pushes a button on the table. Seconds later a waiter shows up with an order console and says, "Hello! What can I get you?"

The woman glances at the menu on the wall and says, "3 sticks each of Gyutan, toriniku, nankotsu, sunagimo, negmia and butabara. Tare flavored for all of them. Oh and another draft beer."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:22 pm

Sun orders three sticks each of gyutan, piman, chorizo, bonjiri, sunagimo and reba.

Looking at the ork, he says: "You sure have a healthy appetite! This round's on me, alright?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:57 pm

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 4 7fa0197c3e869fcbee6a9afac94af3d3The woman smiles and says, "Not gonna argue over free food. My name's Miyako Ohara. Though most folk just call me 'hara' on account of my endless stomach. I pity folk who have to diet to keep their figure. Anyway, what's your name?"
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:02 am

"I'm Sun Dashou, although most people just call me: 'Oh No', for a variety of reasons. So what do you do if not enjoying some nice food?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:38 am

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 4 7fa0197c3e869fcbee6a9afac94af3d3Miyako gives a somewhat embarrassed chuckle and says, "I'm a professional women's wrestler, so when I'm not working or eating, I'm usually training. You ever watch?" She taps her shirt, which reads 'Green Machine' and says, "I'm the Green Machine."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:23 pm

Sun finishes chewing his meat, before speaking: "Never heard of wrestling professional women, and don't often watch fights. I'm usually the one whose fighting is being watched."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:20 pm

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 4 7fa0197c3e869fcbee6a9afac94af3d3Miyako says, "Well, I can't say that I'm surprised. Not too many people know about women's wrestling. People are more focused on men's pro-wrestling or sumo. Women's sports in general for that matter don't get the same coverage as men's. But it's a lot of fun. Tough ladies tossing each other around the ring... Nothing like it! I can get you some tickets if you'd like to watch sometime."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:27 am