Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

5 posters

Downtime 5 - Sun

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 2 Empty Re: Downtime 5 - Sun

Post by GameMaster Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:36 pm

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 2 15b05b2159815d076b5c0a573fde06ffThe clerk scratches his head wondering why the strange dwarf doesn't seem to understand what he's saying and decides to keep it simple. He says, "Yes. This drysuit over here."Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 2 Nagostore
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:20 am

"Is this a different drysuit than the one that gets people killed?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:28 am

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 2 15b05b2159815d076b5c0a573fde06ffThe clerk takes a deep breath, then nods and says, "Yes. It will not kill you. It will keep you perfectly safe. We even have dwarf sizes, so it should be perfect for you. Is there anything else you will be needing?"Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 2 Nagostore
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:16 pm

Sun takes both drysuits from the salesman and looks them over. He then hands both back.

"These both have the same model number. See, on the tag here? They're the same. Are you trying to get me killed or what?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:14 pm

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 2 15b05b2159815d076b5c0a573fde06ffThe clerk calmly says, "Not yet, sir. But I don't get paid on commission or anything, so it makes little difference to me which you buy. If you don't want it, don't buy it."Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 2 Nagostore
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:06 pm

"I can tell you don't get paid anything. You poor guy don't even have money to buy a shirt."

Sun puts 50 nuyen in the salesman's hands.

"Here, at least you don't have to starve today."

Looking around, Sun spots a rack with drysuits, clearly the same model as the two previous ones, and a shelf with armored diving gear next to it. He walks to the armored gear, takes a pack out and puts it next to a diving suit he got from the rack, stroking his beard while comparing the two.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:33 am

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 2 15b05b2159815d076b5c0a573fde06ffThe clerk doesn't want to mix in with crazy any further than he already has and allows Sun to do whatever comparison shopping he wants. The dry suit is clearly completely self contained and meant to keep the wearer from ever touching water at all. The diving armor is basically just armor that you can wear in the water in case of shark attack or whatever. It's not as protective as what he is wearing by far, but it also won't weigh you down in the water. It does not come with any breathing gear at all though. For proper diving, one would need to add a face mask or possibly the enclosed breathing helmet, if one wishes to splurge on all the bells and whistles. Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 2 Nagostore
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:02 pm

Sun gets out his commlink. After reaching an electronic voice telling the time after the beep, the Association of Associated Associates, some guy thinking Sun's his girlfriend's secret lover, an old lady who insists she's talking to Susan and keeps asking how the kids are doing, the Center of Telemarketeers, and something that screeches a high-pitched sound in his ear, going PRRRRT WEEEYUUUUU WEEWEEWEEWEE, Sun finally manages to make a video call to Fuchou. Chou's screen currently shows part of an ear, a tuff of hair, and a sectional ceiling.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:21 am

"Hello? Chou? Hello? Hello? Chou? Are you there? Chou? Hello? Are you there? Hello? Are you there? Chou? Hello? Chou? Hello? Hello? Chou? Chou? Are you there? Hello?"
    After a few minutes of this, and being profoundly confused about why Chou would answer the call and then not reply, Sun decides to hang up.

He then calls Sam.
    "Hello, this is Sanji. Sun? How many times did I tell you not to make pocket calls to me!"
    "I'm not making a pocket call, Sanji! I'm deliberately calling."
    "Alright man. What can I do for you?"
    "Nothing. Got the wrong number. Sorry!"

Sun hangs up and tries again, finally managing to actually call Sam.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:26 am

Sam answers the call, expecting to hear the muffled sounds of Sun's pocket. "Hello?"
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:37 am

"Hey Sam! I need your expertise on something. You see, I'm looking for diving gear, and I want to make sure I don't die in literal crap. See these two suits here?"

Sun aims the camera of his commlink to the drysuit, and then the diving armor. The first shows like a bit of sleeve and cuff, way too closeby. Then camera then swerves with a sudden jerk to the diving armor, which shows in the call as a corner of the collar, in the bottom edge of the screen, the rest being wall. The screen then suddenly jerks in another direction and there's a view up Sun's nose, between a forest of beard hair, as he holds the commlink against his chin to talk into it.

"Will either one of these have me die in literal crap?"
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:56 am

"I have never been diving, Sun. I do not know anything about diving suits. Where are you? Chad's Surf 'n' Stuff? Wait a moment."
    Sun sees a flurry of activity on his commlink as Sam performs a matrix search, quickly scrolling through and tabbing amongst multiple sites.
    "Many of the reviews people have posted for that store mention that the staff is particularly friendly and knowledgable. Have you tried asking for help from a clerk there? Many of the reviews mention a particular clerk by name. They say that Drew knows all there is to know about diving accessories. One poster even left a picture of Drew. You should find out if he is working, and ask for his opinion. Here is his picture:"
    Sun's commlink screen is suddenly filled with a picture of a shirtless man:
    Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 2 15b05b2159815d076b5c0a573fde06ff
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:10 am

There's a moment of silence. For a second, Sun seems to be starting making a sentence, then goes silent again. Another moment of silence. Then finally, Sun speaks again.

"He told me this suit would make me die in literal crap ... ..."
    There's some grumbled mumbling that's too silent to understand.
    "Alright, Sam. I'll ask him again and will see if maybe there's a trick to avoiding dying in literal crap when wearing the suit he recommended. Thanks for your help!"
    There's a beeping tone signifying Sun hung up, yet somehow the video still shows. Sam sees Sun obviously holding his commlink in one hand, the other hovering over it as he pushes the screen several times with his thumb before the video feed closes as well.

Looking back to the sales clerk, Sun tries his best to look friendly, even though he doesn't like going back on the conversation they had before. The result is a rather terrifying grimace.

"Dreeeeeeew, buddyyyyy heeeeey how ya beeeeeen. You know any way for this drysuit to not get me killed? You're a smart fellow who knows his stuff, you're bound to know how I can use this without lethal consequences."
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:36 pm

Fuchou notices that Sun called him after a day and calls him back. He relates that he knows nothing of diving gear as well...
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:16 pm

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 2 15b05b2159815d076b5c0a573fde06ffDrew says, "The drysuit will keep you safe. However, like all diving gear, it is recommended that you be licensed in their use so as to know how to operate it all effectively. Improper use of any equipment can be dangerous and, judging by how you use equipment..." he eyes Sun's commlink which is likely scratched, battered, and currently on a call with someone he doesn't know, "You could probably benefit from some lessons. If you wish, I am also a certified diving instructor and can offer you a crash course on everything you need to know about diving and the use of diving equipment to ensure whatever your endeavor is, it remains a safe one. By the end of the course, you will be a certified diver with a license and everything. It only takes two weeks to complete if you are available every day for training."Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 2 Nagostore
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:45 am

Sun's commlink is laying in the palm of his hand. It's obviously supposed to be flat, but due to the size of the hand, it's become slightly curved. Where the screen isn't touching the casing anymore, at the apex of the curve, the gaps are closed with duct tape. The duct tape has been coming loose again, and has been reattached with some glue. There are several dents along the side, especially wherever buttons, like the power button, are, all roughly the size of Sun's fingers. Here and there, the screen itself seems dented as well. A tiewrap is looped through the keychain hole. several post-it notes, laminated and ringed, with step by step instructions dangle from the tiewrap.

Sun looks at his commlink, at the lights that flash on it, and his shoulders slump. He drops all attempts to save face, and simply stares at his feet.

"Are there many electronics in the drysuit? And can I accidentally mess them up in any way? I'm not terribly good with tech, so the less that can act up or break, the better."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:17 am

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 2 15b05b2159815d076b5c0a573fde06ffDrew opens his mouth, pauses then finally says, "You'll be hard pressed to find something that doesn't have electronics. The drysuit here has a several sensors along the outside that analyze the environment and provide you real-time information about it such as temperature, depth, pressure, and chemical composition. It also monitors and regulates your air supply, which is one of the more important features, assuming you like to be able to breathe."Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 2 Nagostore
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:29 am

Sun looks a bit uncomfortable at the sound of all that tech.
    "Ummm... well... If I can't mess with them, y'know if they're autonomous, maybe it can work. When can we start the classes?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:35 am

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 2 15b05b2159815d076b5c0a573fde06ffDrew says, "My next session starts tonight. I just need 2,000 nuyen and a completed waiver form. I'll send the waiver form to your commlink so you can fill it out before you get here."

He then taps his commlink a few times and says, "There. You should have it now."

Sun's commlink buzzes with a notification. Hopefully he can find whatever it is the clerk sent him without too much of an ordeal...
    Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 2 Nagostore
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:07 pm

Sun fits a few drysuits, finding one that fits, before paying and leaving, with the drysuit. He runs to the community center, hoping to find Sam there, to help him with the form he has to fill out, in the meantime checking the laminated notes for any explaining how to print that waiver, so he can fill it out on paper.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:51 pm

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 2 15b05b2159815d076b5c0a573fde06ffThe drysuit comes to another 2,500 nuyen. When Sun tries to figure out how to print out the form, he realizes he lacks one key component to that: a printer. The form doesn't seem to be designed to be printed out anyway. It's fully fillable through a commlink. Convenient to most. Less so to SunDowntime 5 - Sun - Page 2 Nagostore
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:54 pm

Sun pays and makes his way to the community center, to look for Sam's help with the form.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kin
    Physical Track: 9/10

Post by Deadeye Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:33 am

>>>>>Are you still thinking about seeing what's in the basement at that King Cobra place and, if so, do you need a hand?
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:14 am

>>>> Osqurdosqyslomhfobomhvzsddrddpofpmyforomzoyrtszvtsasmujrzaodpgvpitdrsaatrvosyrf
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kin
    Physical Track: 9/10

Post by Deadeye Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:20 am

>>>>>Got your message. Should I be concerned? Are you ok?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:40 pm