Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

5 posters

Downtime 5 - Sun

RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 5 Empty Re: Downtime 5 - Sun

Post by RafV Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:28 pm

"Sure, I'd love to watch you fight!" Sun takes a bite of piman. "These are GOOOOOOD! Here, have one too!" and offers Miyako a skewer of piman.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:26 pm

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 5 7fa0197c3e869fcbee6a9afac94af3d3Miyako happily strips the stick clean with her teeth and says, "That's what I'm talkin' about! Hold on, lemme get you those tickets."
    She then pulls out a high end commlink, taps the screen a few times as she rapidly strips clean several other skewers. Moments later, Sun's commlink buzzes. "There ya go," she says, "You should have 2 tickets in your commlink now. Starts in an hour at the big gym up the street, so I gotta get going to suit up and warm up the crowd. Hope to see you there!"

She finishes up her beer and remaining skewers, pays off her portion of the bill and gives Sun a wave goodbye.  And like that, she's gone.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:34 pm

Sun picks up his remaining skewers and walks over to the dwarves. "This seat taken, chums?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:56 pm

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 5 Long-asian-men-hairstylesThe pair glance over at Sun, a little confused that he is asking to sit at their table. One with long hair says, "We're not looking to buy anything, if that's what you're after." The other with much shorter hair and the sides shaved adds, "Or join any religions either."Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 5 8b4a5f25925c633928303b5d531834f5
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:19 am

Sun gives them a dirty glance. "We only take those who are physically the best, so you don't have to be afraid of me trying to get you to join my temple. It's just been a very long time since I've been in the company of dwarves since I came to this city. They seem rather uncommon here."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:15 pm

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 5 Long-asian-men-hairstylesThe dwarf with long hair says with an absolute straight face, "We are a pretty small minority."

The short-haired dwarf stares at him in disbelief. He then says, "Last I heard, dwarves make for less than 1% of the city. You want to see dwarves, you head north to Daija. They make up a third of the island's population and most of them work for Daiaku Motors."
    Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 5 8b4a5f25925c633928303b5d531834f5
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:55 pm

Sun coughs a short cough. "Harummm... That's a bit far at the moment. There aren't any dwarf comnunities or gathering places here in Mingmei?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:02 pm

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 5 Long-asian-men-hairstylesThe two dwarves glance at each other, apparently thinking on the matter. Eventually long-hair says, "I dunno. Ever try looking for some kind of meetup group on the matrix? Surely there's something like that somewhere."
    Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 5 8b4a5f25925c633928303b5d531834f5
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:06 pm

Sun shows them his commlink. "Not toi Matrix savvy, me, but I'll keep the suggestion in mind. Thanks for the help. Been nice chatting with you guys, but I got a fight to catch!"

Sun finishes his food, pays his bill and moves out, to the place Miyako mentioned.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:44 pm

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 5 WrestlingSun makes his way to the wrestling event, which is easy to find due to the large banner over the top of the building. When asked for his ticket, he shows his battered commlink and tries to figure out how to show the ticket to the doorman. It isn't going well, but luckily, 'The Green Machine' happens to come out to sign autographs and welcome visitors. She notices Sun and tells the doorman, "He's my guest, please let him in. Glad you could make it, Sun! Go on in and find a seat, I'll be out there for the third match."

Sun easily finds a seat. The gym is about half empty, but there are drones floating about with trideo cameras there to record and broadcast the entire event to the matrix. The fans who ARE there are absolutely fanatical though. They scream and boo and jump around with signs of the different wrestlers and seem to generally get really into the spectacle. The first round consists of a troll named, "Horny Momma" and a human with cyberarms and legs named, "the Metal Marauder". They first meet up on a stage and talk smack talk to each other for a good five minutes. From the context of the conversation and the reaction of the crowd, Sun gets the impression that Horny Momma is supposed to be the 'bad guy'.  

Then the two come down to the wrestling ring and start tossing each other around. Horny Momma obviously has the advantage with her reach, but The Metal Maruander looks like she actually beats the troll for pure strength. In the end, it's not enough as Horny Momma starts slamming The Metal Maruader's head against the edge of the ring. The crowd boos and the referee keeps trying to stop her, but Horny Momma just pushes the referee away and keeps smashing the poor wrestler's head into the ground. Things are looking bad for The Metal Marauder, but suddenly a human woman in a white cloak, pants and leotard appears at the top of the stairs and starts walking down to the ring. The crowd completely loses it's mind as they scream and cheer the woman in white on. She tears off her cloak and pants, revealing a white leotard beneath and announces, "You let her go and fight me, Horny Momma!"

The announcer shouts, "It looks like Snow White has shown up to break up the fight! Unbelievable!" as she leaps into the ring and pulls Horny Momma off of The Metal Marauder, who remains unmoving on the ground. Snow White and Horny Momma push each other around for a bit until the referee finally manages to get between them and call off the match. Microphones fall from the ceiling and the two start yelling smack talk at each other and eventually decide that they are going to fight a match against one another week's time. The crowd cheers on Snow White and Horny Momma departs while Snow White sticks around for a medic to treat Metal Marauder. Once the medic gives a thumbs up, Snow White carries the unconscious wrestler out of the arena.

The next match is between Snow White and a woman in purple called 'Violet Femme'. Snow White is absolutely creamed by 'Violet Femme', much to the fans' dismay. She ends up tapping out in a solid single leg prawn hold. The announcer announces victory to 'Violet Femme' and goes on to say how with a loss like that it doesn't look good for her upcoming match with Horny Momma.

Finally comes Miyako's match. Once again there's the five minutes of smack talk as The Green Machine says how she's going to crush a human woman in a black cloak called 'Shadow Mistress'. The two then go down to the ring and square off. The Shadow Mistress's thing is apparently that she is a mage and she uses various telekinetic powers to fling The Green Machine around the ring. At one point the Shadow Mistress starts flinging empty metal chairs at Green Machine, which the crowd boos tremendously. By this point Sun is starting to understand that every match has a 'good guy' and a 'bad guy' and it seems as though Green Machine is supposed to be the 'good guy'. She catches one of the incoming chairs and flings it straight at Shadow Mistress, knocking her down. Before she can get up, Green Machine charges and leaps right atop her, tears off her own shirt and wraps it around Shadow Mistress' head so she can't see, which apparently prevents her from using any more spells, according to the announcer. Green Machine does a big flex, revealing her muscles and the green leotard beneath her black shirt before she body slams Shadow Mistress and pins her for the win.
    Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 5 7fa0197c3e869fcbee6a9afac94af3d3
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:43 am

As Miyako's match unfolds, Sun whoops and cheers along with the rest of the crowd. When her victory is announced, he stands up -- which isn't really noticed as he's at head height of the folks around him at this point -- and starts scanning: "GREEN MA-CHINE! GREEN MA-CHINE!" Eventually, when the crowd disperses, he makes his way to a small group gathered near the ring.

"Excuse me, chums. You don't happen to know where I can find Miyako?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:12 pm

After the show, Miyako is signing autographs to a small crowd of adoring fans. As Sun is asking around, she notices him and calls him over, while still taking care of her fans. "Hey!" she says, "What'd you think of the show? Fun, right?"Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 5 7fa0197c3e869fcbee6a9afac94af3d3
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:16 pm

A grin adorns Sun's face, ear to ear. "I've never seen fighting as entertaining as this! It's almost like watching a trid's action scene!"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:21 pm

Miyako beams at the compliment and says, "Great! Glad you enjoyed it. Hey, I'm gonna need a little time to take care of my fans here. I'll probably be about a half hour or so, then I'll be free for the night. Would you like to hang out afterward?"Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 5 7fa0197c3e869fcbee6a9afac94af3d3
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:28 pm

Sun gives a big thumbs up. "'Sure thing! I'll see ya at the ring!"
    Sun walks over to the ring and starts checking it out.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:58 pm

Sun checks out the ring and sees that it's a steel frame with wooden planks, foam padding and a canvas cover. It's clearly meant to absorb at least some of the shock that comes from having people body slammed onto it. Not that it feels good, but at least injuries are minimized. The fans slowly disperse and the other wrestlers make their way out of the arena. Miyako walks over to Sun and says, "Thanks for waiting. Want to come over to my place?" Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 5 7fa0197c3e869fcbee6a9afac94af3d3
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:08 pm

Sun blushes and tries to speak, but only stammering comes out. He turns around, facing away from Miyako. "W... w... w.. hat a nice ring this is! Such craftsmanship!"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:16 pm

Miyako makes a little face, somewhere between amused and frustrated before she says, "Well, I can't take any credit for that. I didn't build it. But if you're not interested in my place, we can go elsewhere. Did you have something else in mind?" Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 5 7fa0197c3e869fcbee6a9afac94af3d3
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:19 pm

Sun turns around, his face resembling a bearded tomato. He tries to speak, but the tiniest voice comes out. "Your place is fine, miss"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:15 pm

Miyako says, "Great, we'll take my car. Come with me"

She takes Sun to a nearby parking garage and the pair get into a green sedan. During the drive, she engages in small talk, asking the usual things one asks when getting to know someone. Sun learns that she was born in Mingmei and tours around with the other wrestlers quite often. Usually to other islands within the country, but they do international trips about once a year. She is 25 years old, her favorite color is green and her blood type is B.

About a half hour later they arrive at a house. Not an apartment. An actual house. And a fairly sizable 2-story affair at that. Not an epic mansion, but she's clearly not struggling to get by. She gives the grand tour of the place, which includes a dining room, living room, kitchen, 3 bedrooms and a small personal gym, complete with personal wrestling ring. The house is clean and modern. A display case in the gym is filled with posters, trophies and medals of past accomplishments. Judging by the size of the collection, Miyako must be a fairly successful, at least within the world of women's professional wrestling.

"And that's my place," she says as the tour ends at the gym, "Since you're so interested in wrestling rings, you wanna try climbing into this one? I can show you some moves."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:56 am

Sun is visibly impressed with what a nice place Miyako has.
    "I'm impressed with what a nice place you got," he says. Taking a quick leap, he jumps into the ring, and yells: "Ready when you are!"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:30 pm

Miyako gives some minor wrestling pointers. Physically, she is surprisingly strong, roughly equal to Sun. And while his martial arts training does apply to some extent, he is obviously less experienced in wrestling than she is, giving her the upper hand. Eventually she pins him down with surprising force (though not in a painful way). She grins says, "I don't get a whole lot of opportunity to meet people outside of work. But I have to ask, what made you decide to sit down at my table?"

She brings her face intimately close to Sun's and says, "Could it be that strong women are your type?"
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:35 pm

Keeping the repeated yelling of his old teachers in mind, Sun first taps out. Within the possible, he turns to look at Miyako.
    "It's the skewers. Someone sitting by themselves with that big an appetite while obviously being in good shape, is bound to be an interesting person. So I sat down and lo and behold: I was right! It doesn't happen often that someone beats me, let alone a girl!"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:16 pm

Miyako blushes a bit and says, "Well it is not often that I get the chance to meet someone who isn't a coworker or a crazed fan and still likes me. I don't get much time to meet people or date, so sorry if I'm seeming a little forward. Men tend to get put off by women who aren't dainty, shy little things. Nice to meet someone who isn't a wall of stubborn macho pride."

She then grins and says, "And in the interest of saving time and circumventing macho man norms, how about you get out of those clothes and we get down to a different type of wrestling?"  
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:06 pm

Just like Sun's pants, the lights go out and soft jazz plays.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:34 am