Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+4
WuJen
RafV
Sam Dekker
GameMaster
8 posters

Downtime 2

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Downtime 2 Empty Downtime 2

Post by GameMaster Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:26 pm

With your individual jobs done, you all get some rest and work on fixing up the new HQ...
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Downtime 2 Empty Re: Downtime 2

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:26 am

The first thing Sam does, is find a temporary commlink to use for the night while his cyberdeck is bricked. He'll stop by an electronics store on the way home and pick up a new Hermes Ikon. ((The availability is 10. If he couldn't just pick one up at a Best Buy or whatever, then he asks to borrow one of the ones Torpor was talking about earlier for the night. But, he'll be getting an Ikon during this downtime either way.))
    Sam found himself in a terrible position earlier today, and he's going to make sure he can't be in that position ever again. Buying the Ikon is step one. As soon as he makes the purchase, he installs Towers of Hanoi on it.

The next day he sets about repairing his bricked cyberdeck.[/color=#999999]((I gave him the bought off so that he could rest up and get an edge back, in case of catastrophic failure. Here's three rolls for the repair. That should, hopefully, do it.))[/color]

Sam Dekker carried out 14 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 4 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 4 , Downtime 2 3 , Downtime 2 4 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 5 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 1
    Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 5 , Downtime 2 3 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 4 , Downtime 2 4 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 5 , Downtime 2 5 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 4
    Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 4 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 4 , Downtime 2 3 , Downtime 2 4 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 3 , Downtime 2 1
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:53 am

After three hours of diligent work, Sam has his deck back up and running. And he gets to work on the rest of his plan to ensure he is never stuck in the back of an out of control limousine with no way to defend himself, or play Towers of Hanoi, again.
    He heads out to the local Radio Shack and picks up some electronics parts [color=#999999]((20 packs, which costs $4000))
    He also orders some modules [color:0970="999999"](I imagine that a commlink and electronics parts cold be gotten at a local brick and mortar, but modules would likely have to be custom ordered)) Specifically, he orders a Multidimensional Coprocessor [color=999999](($1400)), and a Program Carrier loaded with the Baby Monitor program [color:0970=999999](($900. Idk if you were planning to institute programs into the game... You had mentioned maybe adding them in at the next mission. If not, I think this is a good way to get a little bit of the functionality that I was missing from not having programs, while also not just making it another chore to track along with deck config. Maybe we can add in utility type programs, but not buff type programs?))

When he gets home with his electronics parts, he gets to work turning this new commlink into a cyberdeck. He was able to jury rig a somewhat working cyberdeck out of Nobu's commlink in the limo by splicing it in with his deck. So, he figures he can make a permanent backup cyberdeck out of the Ikon, for use in emergencies like that one.
    [color:0970=999999]((This is going to be two hardware+logic [mental](15, 15 minute) tests. I'll roll two sets of four, which should get me 15 hits twice and take two hours))

First, he attempts to add a sleaze attribute to the Ikon:
    Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 3 , Downtime 2 5 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 4 , Downtime 2 3 , Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 4 , Downtime 2 2
    Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 3 , Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 3 , Downtime 2 3 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 3 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 4 , Downtime 2 5 , Downtime 2 4
    Downtime 2 5 , Downtime 2 3 , Downtime 2 4 , Downtime 2 4 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 5 , Downtime 2 4 , Downtime 2 3 , Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 3 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 5 , Downtime 2 6
    Downtime 2 4 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 4 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 4 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 4 , Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 3 , Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 5 , Downtime 2 6
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:57 am

[color:a087=999999]((I screwed up all sorts of color tags in the above post. But I don't want to edit it because of the rolls.))

After an hour of work, Sam is reasonably sure that he's made a commlink that can hack. He tests it out by hacking into his own cyberdeck with his new Ikon, and it works! Next he'll try adding an attack rating.

Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 4 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 4 , Downtime 2 2
    Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 3 , Downtime 2 5 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 3 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 3 , Downtime 2 3
    Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 3 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 3 , Downtime 2 3 , Downtime 2 5 , Downtime 2 3 , Downtime 2 5 , Downtime 2 5 , Downtime 2 4 , Downtime 2 2
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:58 am

Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 3 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 5 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 5 , Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 5 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 5 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 5 , Downtime 2 4
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:01 am

After another hour, Sam is reasonably certain that he's successfully added an attack rating to his Ikon. He's closes up the commlink and surveys it. It doesn't look like there's anything different about this commlink, but he knows there is.
    Sam is pretty proud of himself for pulling this together, and decides to reward himself with some StarCraft 4 play time.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:29 am

Sun helps get the base cleaned up and running, mostly doing heavy lifting work, hammering, sawing, and so on. He avoids the tasks like wiring up electricity.

Having about 5 days to go, Sun goes back to playing with his special staff, seeing if it does funny things like growing bigger while he meditates.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by WuJen Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:02 am

WuJen gets a good nights sleep, and calls Ichigo the next day after breakfast.

"What did you want to discuss?"
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 2 / 10

Post by Torpor Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:48 am

The first night and day Torpor Google's and watches videos on hunting and perception enhancement so he can learn perception (1). Once he's spent ample time watching and observing he purchases perception (1).

Having completed that he digs in helping fix up the base, helping out where needed. After remembering and coming across the spiders once again. He mentions selling them to their new friends. Or perhaps selling one to each of the people they know that might be interested in then.
    (( Almost, almost forgot about the siders. They will need to be fed as long as we have then as well))
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:33 pm

Torpor takes special care cleaning and checking the ventilation system, making sure it is all secure as well as clean. Using his new point in perception to check for security issues.

((Perception check 1+6))

Torpor carried out 7 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 2 2 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 5 , Downtime 2 5 , Downtime 2 6 , Downtime 2 1 , Downtime 2 3
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:01 pm

((Sun will get a new skill too. I cannot choose between first aid, leadership and a face skill beyond etiquette. Gotta make him more useful outside of combat. What do you guys think?))
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:03 pm

((I don't really know what this clubhouse thing is. I wasn't around for the discussion about getting it, which I think was mostly ooc? It seems like it's a thing for magic users to join a cult together and get extra power? That doesn't seem like Sam's bag.
    It also seems like just a nice place for us to all love together like a frat house. That, unfortunately, also doesn't seem like Sam's thing. I'd like to be a part of the team clubhouse, but I think Sam is proud of living on his own in his little shitty apartment with matrix access that costs more than rent, and hasn't come in handy at all in game and is probably just a complete waste of money but I think is a good character decision.
    Anyway, so I don't think Sam will be living at the clubhouse. But, he's more than happy to pitch in by doing some electrical work or reprogramming stuff.))
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:11 pm

(ooc: The original purpose of the base was indeed to serve the needs of the initiation group.  When I first proposed it I didn't think anyone would want to stay there but WuJen, who was street lifestyle at the time.  It has since grown beyond that.  The primary utility of it for non-magical characters was as a hardened safehouse and convenient Roleplay vehicle for converting Karma to Cash and vice versa.)
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:21 pm

((Torpor was always interested in Co-op living. I don't mind crashing with others, being part of the commune. Everything else w have added is great rp wise. The magical part is on top of the rest of it making it useful beyond just a club. The 5 magically active have to donate time and money the rest can do so but aren't required, but it certainly helps.))
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:29 pm

((are the four of us starting the magical group now? How long does it take to make the group, was it a month? 
    Either way, what was the initial cost that we have to divide for the cost of the 5ecc ? Or is that happening at next lifestyle upkeep?))
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi

Post by Valacan Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:08 pm

@wujen...Ichigo will go and talk to wujen. "I would like to know why would you tell Carl about taishoko? I dont think we should be telling people about what happened and what was gotten."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:31 pm

"Demons granting wishes at far too high a price is nothing new. Those of us who study these things have known of it for centuries. One that is so relatively benign is rare indeed, and even we are unwilling to give our essential selves to a demon to cure someone like Carl, others might. He could have family or good friends willing to make the sacrifice, or possibly even enough money to pay someone, though likely they would not understand the price. You yourself may never understand what you have lost or what it would mean for me to lose the same."

"I hope we can help them. It's a truely horrific disease. The demon can, apparently, and is willing. The disease corrupts and destroys souls at least as efficiently as she can. If someone is willing pay the price she demands, I believe someone in Carl's position deserves the chance to be healed and I will gladly take on the risk of summoning her to provide that chance. How could I not?"

"Can you, now that you have the knowledge of a cure, not pursue it yourself? I don't know it's details, but I'll be shocked if you are capable of producing it unaided, if at all... but will you sit on that knowledge even knowing corporations and governments will try to use you or kill you to prevent their rivals from gaining such a world changing breakthrough? I could not, and will not."
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:02 pm

"it may be worth putting the information in a dead drop, in case anything should happen to you it would be broadcast to the world. People may or may not believe it, but that way it's there if something should happen to you, it would still mean something."
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:09 pm

((How are we working with specialization rules? I would like to spend 7 karma to have Sam specialize in cybercombat. But that seems like it might be taking advantage of the special skills rules a little too much? It's also supposed to take a month. So would have to be spread out over more than one downtime))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:18 am

((will answer ooc discussion in this OOC thread to avoid clogging up IC RP here))

After a total of about 5 days worth of meditating with his staff, Sun finds that it in fact is capable of lengthening itself to astonishing lengths, though he does find it can only go so long before it is no longer feasible as a weapon. Still, it does not appear to lose any strength in its lengthening and could perhaps serve as an aid for jumping, climbing or getting down from high places. He also finds that the staff can lengthen with enough force to be used as a short ranged weapon as well.

Despite the interesting capabilities he has unlocked, Sun is sure that there is more to learn about the staff.

((It can extend up to a length equal to your magic rating x 2 in meters. It can provide up to 2 points of reach when used for melee (beyond which it's just too long to effectively use as a weapon). It can also give you +2 dice for jumping or climbing tests when you use it to help you, provided the distance you want to go is within the max length of the staff. You can slide down it like a fireman's pole, reducing fall distance by however long you lengthen the staff. If you use it as a ranged weapon, you must used exotic ranged weapon: extending staff as your attacking skill. When used this way, it deals 8P damage with -4 AP and a range equal to the max length of the staff.))
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō

Post by winkingchef Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:10 pm

Sato spends time and effort to contribute to the outreach portion of the community center.  He's interested in helping with job training, but also subtly looking for promising recruits for the Yakuza ((his 6,000Y "working for the people" conversion from Mission #1 - still thinking about what to do with the rewards from Mission #2a now that they are are posted))

Note, he has his own lifestyle ((and curse which makes cohabitation risky)) so he will contribute for the building, but not for lifestyle costs ((this may change later if he is estranged from his gang)).

Sato is also very interested in contributing to the ritual for initiation.

Thirdly, he is interested in understanding his Spirit Knife.  He will talk with WuJen about it to see if he can help him identify it.

Finally, to aid with further disguises, he looks for Ares Industrious clothing ((basically standard issue blue collar tradesperson uniforms)) with electrochromic coating ((so he can change the corp badges and coloring to match))  https://gilon3010.forumotion.com/t33p25-satou-haunted-spirit-hunter#4568
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:34 pm

Before leaving the night that they filmed the Roku death, Sam asks Sato if he knows a guy who can get Sam a clean commlink. He specifies that he's hoping to get his hands on a Hermes Ikon.

The next day, after meeting up with the police, he sends a message to Roku. He uses his B@llzDeEp696969 icon.
    "Hey, Roku. It's Sam. Just got back from showing the Cowboys our little movie. Seems like they bought it.
    I'm thinking of adding some mods to my deck, so maybe next time I go up against someone like you I won't get my ass quite so handed to me. Do you know anyone who can get me some modules?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:25 pm

Rokudenashiko replies to Sam by text:

>>>> Huh. I didn't realize I was doing battle with a celebrity. Normally I'd charge a fee for access to this girl, but seeing as how you and your friends got me out of the police's sights for the time being I'll set up an introduction. She doesn't do business in matrix space with people she doesn't know, but she has connections that let her hook you up with whatever gear you might need. She can even arrange fake SINs or licenses if you need them. Charges a 15% finder's fee, but it's worth it.
    >>>> The girl's name is Akina Nagamimi. She's part of a small yakuza clan in the Higashi Projects called the Kozakura-ikka. They're mostly a matrix gang, but they own the area, such as it is. I'll send you an address. Go there and say you know me. That'll at least get you in the door. Up to you to make a good impression after that. Bring your A game and you should be fine. Piss the Kozakura-ikka off and they'll have no problem ending you. You'll probably be fine though. Really.

A map and address is included with the message.
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:11 pm

I look online for a support group kind of thing, maybe a group of skilljack users that swap chip data. Like everyone brings a chip and swaps around to load in the data with each other (I know it's grasping at straws, but it won't hurt I guess)
    Maybe ask Sam for help looking for something

Also active softs are available 8, with knowsofts being 4. If I cannot find a place that sells active softs, I would ask Sato too use his contacts. 
    However I'm looking for a used skillsoft dealer, there has to be one somewhere. I'm looking for either level 2s or 4s. 1s if I must.

(( Not sure how this works, it says I can have as many as I want in my storage but can only have x active (I know the numbers) is it possible to borrow my friends chips, load them into storage, and have them there for when I want to load them into active duty. ))
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:37 pm

Ooc: pretty sure you can buy subscription to skillsoft services. I'd still look to own some chips, because active wireless while running is bad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:52 pm