Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+4
WuJen
RafV
Sam Dekker
GameMaster
8 posters

Downtime 2

Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Downtime 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Downtime 2

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:06 pm

Sam takes the opportunity of the full health bar, and a growing understanding of the game, to do a little bit of experimenting again.

(Matrix Games+Intuition)
    Sam Dekker carried out 11 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 2 - Page 3 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 6 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 6 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 2 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 5 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 5 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 6 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 4 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 6
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:21 pm

Round 2
    Sam's opponent is noticeably slower this round and he is better able to respond to incoming attacks. He actually manages to avoid all incoming damage with a combination of blocks and dodging. He then notices that he has a blinking combo meter at the bottom of his HUD and manages to stumble across his character's ultimate attack right as he is in tight range with his opponent. His character lights up with ki energy and performs a really shiny lightning kick that unleashes a 30 hit combo before following up with a spinning kick that sends his opponent flying. When all is said and done, he is currently at full life and his opponent has about a third left but he notices that his opponent has filled his combo meter and can return with an ultimate attack at any time.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:33 pm

Sam thinks he has a really good handle on this game now, but instead of rushing in to try to finish this contest, he decides to take advantage of his superior position and take some time to figure out how to defend against combo attacks. (He'll also, obviously, take a win if he sees an opening). Hopefully, he'll be able to fend off this next flurry of attack, and then finish off Presumably Akina afterwards.

(Matrix Games +Intuition)
    Sam Dekker carried out 11 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 2 - Page 3 4 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 4 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 2 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 5 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 3 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 3 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 4 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 4 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 4 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 3 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 5
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:45 pm

Round 2
    Sam goes on the defensive, getting ready for the incoming ultimate attack. The moment comes and he blocks it, but the sheer force of the attack still does a significant amount of damage, albeit only a fraction of what it otherwise would have done if he had not been prepared. However, he lets down his guard a little thinking he could go in for a quick finisher and ends up getting caught in tight 10 hit combo. The HUDs read Sam still ahead with just about half of his life remaining and his opponent at one third.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:37 pm

Sam feels like he's got a pretty good handle on the game mechanics now, and so focuses back in on playing the game rather than learning it.

(computer+reaction)
    Sam Dekker carried out 12 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 2 - Page 3 3 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 2 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 2 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 4 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 3 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 3 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 5
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:38 pm

((yuck.))
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by WuJen Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:40 pm

\Smile/
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 2 / 10

Post by Torpor Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:57 pm

((now you are just rolling like Wujen. Lol))
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:59 pm

In spirit, WuJen continues to cheer.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:08 pm

Round 2
    Sam's confidence proves to be his undoing as he gets caught in a deadly storm of fireballs and hurricane kicks that take him out of the round. He feels a painful surge of deadly feedback as his character flies through the air in slow motion and bounces along the ground. The disembodied voice shouts, "You lose!" as Sam's opponent does a dramatic pose, standing away from the audience and allowing the wind to suddenly ruffle his hair. It seems that whoever designed this game, did so with high stakes in mind, and the feedback would explain why the opponent wasn't as fast in the second round.

Soon the HUDs reset and both combatants appear in their starting positions once more. The disembodied voice shouts, "Final round! Fight!"

((Sam takes 5 points of physical damage))
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:10 pm

Ooc: Pops popcorn
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:25 pm

((cheers for Sam. Go Sam go! Go Sam go!))
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:29 pm

I would send s Sprite to assist, however I need to get my compiling chip first. Lol
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:35 pm

Sam grimaces, as some of that pain gets through. This is why he prefers cold sim. He really doesn't like pain.
    But, he thinks he knows what went wrong in that last round. He's pretty sure he's learned what he's going to learn about this game, and it should just be all about playing it now.

(computer+reaction)
    Sam Dekker carried out 12 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 2 - Page 3 5 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 5 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 6 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 3 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 5 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 6 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 5 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 2 , Downtime 2 - Page 3 5
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:49 pm

Ooc: I don't think you can chip resonance skills any more than you can active magic skills.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:24 pm

Final Round
    Sam comes out of the gate with a crazy combo that his opponent totally wasn't expecting. He gets in an incredible 40 hit combo before finishing up with his ultimate move. The final combo tally is 84! The disembodied voice shouts, "Perfect! You win!"

((not only did Sam roll amazing, but Akina also rolled a critical glitch!))

Sam's commlink is switched to AR mode and then he is allowed to disengage from the matrix. As he looks around, he finds that he has been moved while he was unconscious. There are a bunch of cybered out people standing around him clapping as a medic tends to an unconscious elf woman in a wheelchair. The elf is eventually brought to consciousness through a combination of drugs and magical healing, but never rises from the wheelchair. Though she isn't fully healed, its enough for a meeting. She rubs her head and says, "I guess you ARE Ballzdeep. Didn't think I'd ever be meeting THE Ballzdeep in person." The elf begins fan-girling, clearly unable to contain her excitement as a stream of questions tumble from her lips, "What's-your-favorite-game? How-did-you-get-so-good? How-did-you-manage-that-thing-in-the-Diablo-20-tournament? Did-you-REALLY-defeat-a-jiangshi? Can-I-have-your-autograph? Are-you-single? Do-you-like-elven-women?"

The other people in the area laugh and one says, "Welcome to our home. As you can see, our girl has been dying to meet you."

Another one jokes, "I think she named her vibrator after you."

The elf blushes and shouts at the guy, "Shut up, asshole! I did no such thing!" She then quietly says, "Don't listen to them. They're just jealous that you came all the way down here to talk to me. Anyway, can you please answer all of those questions? Particularly the last two."
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:41 pm

Sam blushes. Like, a lot. His whole body is basically a blush.
    "Halo. Practice. ((I have no Diablo knowledge to make up any sort of reasonable thing... Don't you just click a bunch and watch things die? That always seemed like the entire game to me... Sam gives a brief one to two word answer to that question)). I helped. Sure." He blushes when brighter answering the next two questions. "I'm not sure? Yes."
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:44 pm

((I don't know, can I chip my tasking(res) skill?))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:57 am

((Here's the descrip for it: Activesofts: Activesofts replace physical active skills, basically every Active skill that isn’t based on Magic or Resonance. A skillwire system (p. 455) is needed to translate the ‘softs into usable muscle memory. There’s a limit to the number of skills you can use at once, based on your skillwire’s rating.
    So no, but you CAN use it to get computers/electronics skills which will let you do 90% of what you need to do. Your magical resonance stuff will have to go up the old fashioned way))

The elf wheels over to Sam and offers him a marker and her personal deck to autograph. When she gets close she whispers in his ear, "Whenever you're sure that you are single, let me know."

Once Sam signs the cyberdeck, about a couple dozen of the other yakuza members sheepishly approach and ask for autographs of their own.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:24 am

Sam wordlessly signs any deck that's offered to him.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:15 am

Sam spends the next 20 minutes signing autographs for excited Yakuza. Once everyone has had something signed, the elf wheels over and says, "I suppose I haven't formally introduced myself yet. My name is Akina Nagamimi. Hacker. Fixer. Dream girl. How can I help you?"
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:42 am

((Was Sato able to get Sam the Ikon commlink? And can Sam get his own hacker programs easily, or does he need to go through her? One of the modules that I'm planning to get is the program carrier, which is avail 3 and comes with a program already loaded... So that doesn't make tons of sense. But Sam should be able to get that himself, right?))
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:19 pm

Ok then I work in googling and watching videos or whatever I can find on tasking(res) so I can spend 2 karma and learn it at rating (1).
    How much longer would it take to learn it to rating 2? If I have the time I will do that. (And my resonance will always be whatever my initiate grade is, currently a 1)
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō

Post by winkingchef Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:58 pm

Sam Dekker wrote:((Was Sato able to get Sam the Ikon commlink? And can Sam get his own hacker programs easily, or does he need to go through her? One of the modules that I'm planning to get is the program carrier, which is avail 3 and comes with a program already loaded... So that doesn't make tons of sense. But Sam should be able to get that himself, right?))

Yup. Success.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:59 pm

((@Sam - Sato can get you the commlink. The hacking programs are restricted so you need to go through Akina. Common programs Sam can get on his own. The module probably is intended to come with a common program, which have an availability of 0, not a hacking program. He can get the module by himself provided it has a common program on it (virtual machine might be a good option as it allows you to have more programs, though it makes you more vulnerable to attack)

@Torpor - For a regular skill, I believe it is a day per rating (so 1+2=3 days to get to rating 2) and you can learn a number of different skills equal to half your logic per downtime. So you should be able to get it up to 2 or even higher provided you have the karma to use))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:23 pm