Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+5
Fuchou 复仇
WuJen
RafV
Sam Dekker
GameMaster
9 posters

Downtime 3

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Downtime 3 Empty Downtime 3

Post by GameMaster Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:24 pm

The typhoon has passed leaving significant damage to the city infrastructure. Much of the power is down in the city, though the nicer neighborhoods predictably have seen no disruption of service. Unfortunately that does not include your homes or the community center. Emergency radio reports predict it will be a couple of days before power is fully restored to the city, though portions are being restored bit by bit.

Chougou and Torpor make it to the community center early morning after the storm. The others have yet to arrive, but will likely make it sometime that day or at least send word if that is not going to be the case...
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Downtime 3 Empty Re: Downtime 3

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:55 am

Sam gets home, tosses the broom in his broom closet, and, even though he has a perfectly good copy of the whole series saved on his deck, streams Friends until he falls asleep.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:10 am

Sun finishes his masterpiece for the initiation, doing the final tweaking under Sanji's thorough scrutiny. Between that, he discusses the Baba Yaga experience with him, and asks his opinion on something he saw on a trid show called Saga of the Eagle Champions: an under-armor made of needles, like a porcupine's back, that stabs anyone making rough physical contact.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:08 pm

Sun

Sanji says, "I don't really know much about making armor and the only weapon I make use of is my fist. It might be something useful for grappling, or discouraging others from grappling you, I suppose. I wouldn't know where to begin with something like that though. Maybe a shop that sells armored clothing? I don't know if they do custom jobs or anything though. Someone out there must, right?"

Sam

Sams dreams are a filled with Friends episodes in which everyone is a frog. They more or less do the same things, but their names all seem to have been changed to frog names. There's Rachel Green, Joey Ribbity, Phoebe Bullfrog, Ross and Monica Gero, and Chandler Boing. Sam seems to be a random love interest, but in the chaos of dreaming he's unsure exactly who he's supposed to be a love interest to.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:47 pm

Sam wakes up, mildly disorientated (he wakes up mildly British) by his Froggy Friends dream. After a couple of seconds, though, he remembers that he's not a frog anymore. It takes him another couple of seconds to recall the proper names of the Friends, and that they are also not frogs.

When he pulls all of that together, the dream begins to altogether fade to the background.

He checks his emails and sees nothing from Sun, WuJen, or Ichigo. He fires off another email to them, asking if they're planning to try to find better buyers for the peaches.

If he doesn't hear from them in the next few hours, he'll contact the buyers to set up the exchanges.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by WuJen Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:24 pm

WuJen replies to Sam "I have a friend in the Yamaguchi. We might could use him to shop the peaches around to their businesses for a good price. They might also be interested in that broom, if you are set on selling it. Should I call him?"
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:27 pm

"Yes," Sam replies.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:55 pm

WuJen asks Sam, "Broom too, or just Peaches?"

WuJen calls Shenji "Omae, we need to catch up. I have some biz to send your way if you think you find some interested parties. A whole barrel of fresh peaches, and maybe even a flying broom. How about we find a nice spot for a drink and talk about it?"
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:59 pm

"I do not have a use for a flying broom. If we can sell it for a large amount, then we should. If not, it may be useful to keep around. See what your friend would pay for it."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:08 pm

Wujen

Shenji's face appears on the screen, a new scar on his face as he's apparently recently been in some kind of altercation. He says, "Peaches and a flying broom? Did you go diving into an old trid world or something? Hmmm... Tell you what. Bring one of the peaches and the broom with you to Donmai and we'll have a chat. You know the place? It's an izakaya next to Izakaya district train station."
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:17 pm

In the meantime, Sam does some research to find a good local place to get the datajack plus installed. (presumably the same place he got the datajack installed in the first place? But I'll do a matrix search roll in case it's needed)

Sam Dekker carried out 14 launched of one d6text :
    5 , 1 , 3 , 6 , 5 , 6 , 6 , 6 , 2 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 4 , 5
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:18 pm

((Man... Should really have saved that roll for something more important. Maybe Sam found a coupon?))
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:25 pm

Sun contacts both Kamogawa and the team with the question. They all get the following text message:
    "Hgjey asnyopnbe kljnboiw of sdpoikje asremor?"
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:31 pm

WuJen replies to Shenji "Sure, I'll be there within the hour."

WuJen then calls Sam to let him know he's on his way over to get a Peach and the Broom before meeting with Shenji in a little bit, before leaving to pick up those items and head to the meet.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:34 pm

((The peaches were probably being stored communally at the clubhouse. But, Sam will hand over the broom when WuJen arrives for it. If Sam has peaches, and Wujen shows up without any peaches for whatever reason, Sam will give WuJen a peach))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:03 pm

Wujen
    It is not hard to find the aforementioned izakaya. A cloth sign drapes over the entrance cut into squares, each with a letter on them. Wujen slides the sliding door aside and takes off his shoes before stepping onto a slightly raised wooden platform around a table where Shenji is currently kneeling on a zabuton while sipping a beer from a mug in one hand and smoking a cigarette in the other. A trid system plays nearby, showing some show about traveling around the country and sampling different local dishes. Shenji glances at the door as it opens and gives a wave to Wujen, offering him a place to kneel on the zabuton next to him. "Oy. Have a seat, omae. Got that cute spirit chick along with ya?"
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:09 pm

WuJen smiles "Of course. Tatsuo is never far from my side. And how are you doing these days? Staying in the appropriate amount of trouble I trust?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:20 pm

Sam
    Sam finds a place that will sell him the cyberware, though they don't actually handle the installation. He need only make the purchase and it will be sent to the cyber-physician of his choice. Given that he currently has a Tasukeichi contract, it is not very hard for him to set up an appointment with one. There are three different models currently available, each with three different levels of memory. If he wants to make a special custom order, he can but delivery is expected to take 6-8 weeks.

((Right now, Sam can get the datajack plus in regular, alpha or beta grade, ratings 1-3. If you want to wait, you can get delta grade instead.))

Wujen

Shenji says, "I do my best. Work is good. I'm sure my bosses would be happy to throw some your way if you want to join up. They keep asking me about you. 'How's that fella with the spirit girl doing these days?' 'He looking for work?' Drek like that. They could get you off the streets, you know. Be the family yours never could."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:40 pm

"I deeply appreciate their generosity in helping me after my father disowned me. I am actually not on the street anymore, but rather am part of a group dedicated to helping the community. We do some work for all sorts in the interest of making the city a better place to live. I would be happy to help with some work, but I would prefer to remain unattached to the family at this time. I do have these fine peaches in the meantime, a unique opportunity that would not have been realized if I had not been independent."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:52 pm

Wujen
    Shenji says, "Yeah, lemme take a look at that. Where the hell did you get peaches anyway? I thought they went extinct years ago."
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:01 pm

((Has Ichigo taken a look at Chougou yet? How's he doing?))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:03 pm

((Chougou is about as messed up as he can possibly be and not be dead. His stun track almost fully cleared over the night, but his physical track is completely full))

At the community center

When the farm group finally makes it back to the community center, Sato is nowhere to be found, but that is normal. Torpor has brought Chougou into the clinic where he's presumably sleeping and not dead. Though the condition of his body certainly makes it a questionable diagnosis for a lay person. His stomach has been torn open, only barely held together by a trauma patch. His head is bandaged as he has apparently suffered some kind of injury there. His face and arms are covered in the kind of scrapes one might get from falling down. His clothing and beard is stained with the remains of vomit and blood. Assuming he survives, he will most certainly have scars, and may even have some permanent damage. It's a miracle he survived the night and he will need some major medical care to continue surviving. Luckily Ichigo is a doctor and you guys have a clinic handy.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:20 pm

((How does healing work? Do we only get the one shot at healing with first aid? Sam would like to assist Ichigo, but I don't want to roll a first aid check and then have Sam's be the primary care that Chougou gets.))
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi

Post by Valacan Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:04 am

((Ichigo will tend to chougou injuries)) biotech 6, logic 3
      Valacan carried out 9 launched of one d6text :
    5 , 3 , 3 , 2 , 4 , 4 , 4 , 5 , 1
    Sam Dekker