Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+4
WuJen
RafV
Sam Dekker
GameMaster
8 posters

Downtime 2

winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Downtime 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Downtime 2

Post by winkingchef Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:38 pm

Sato makes some calls to hook up his colleagues:
    ((note if the gear is stolen or restricted, his Made Man quality gets him 10% off))

Downtime 2 - Page 2 Embed?X38394508

((not sure if Topor wants me to look for him, but to save time, here we go))
    Downtime 2 - Page 2 Embed?X38394527
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:53 pm

Sam thanks Roku (and also Sato) and goes to the location indicated.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by WuJen Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:18 pm

Ooc: @torpor you might also check out whatever 5th edition has on technomancers. In 4th they could use threading to simulate any kind of software, including activesofts for use with either skillwires or if they had an echo and hat let them behave as if they had skillwires.
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 2 / 10

Post by Torpor Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:16 pm

((@Wujen thanks. Ill check that out as well))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:03 am

((subscription services are expensive and only work while you are connected to them, but useful in the short term if you need to do a lot of skill swapping. no idea about the technomancer thing as I haven't really looked at their powers outside of the core book))

Sam
    Originally built to be a low income housing development, poor management on the part of the government left the neighborhood to decay until all that was left were decrepit, crumbling buildings inhabited by criminals, drug addicts, and people with nowhere else to go. Sam, presumably riding through on his scooter, is extremely out of place here and he feels as though he is most definitely going to get robbed at any moment. He is about a block away from the address when a rotodrone flies up next to him and points a large gun at him. A voice pipes through the speaker, "You ain't from the projects. This ain't a place for tourists, so I suggest you turn around before you get yourself killed."

Torpor
    Torpor does some research on skillsofts and realizes that the data is protected and cannot be copied. The physical chips can be shared, but would only be useful as long as the chip was physically inserted into the jack.
    It seems most serious users make use of subscription services, but they are expensive, ranging from 2,000 to 20,000 a month, depending on the quality of the data available. This however requires a constant matrix connection.
    He does manage to find a community of people who swap chips (a site something like craigslist). However it is unclear how safe this is to do. There are stories on the news about people getting robbed or killed while meeting up through the site.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:02 am

"Oh, uh, hi Mr. Drone person. Um. Do you know a, um," Sam checks a little piece of scrap paper that he wrote down the name on. "Akina Naga... um... Nagami? Nagamimi? I was told she would be here?"
    He finishes, waiting expectantly. And then remembers.
    "Oh! Uh. I'm supposed to tell you Rokudenashiko sent me."
    Sam smiles, pleased with himself.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:50 am

Sam
    There is a pause as the operator apparently spends some time conversing with others. Judging by the fact that Sam isn't shot, it seems to go well. The speakers say, "Follow me and mind your manners."

Without further word, the drone flies ahead of Sam, leading him to a crumbling brick building covered in cameras, antennas and the occasional sentry turret. Dozens of security drones in various states of disrepair buzz around, apparently on the lookout for intruders.

A garage door rolls up and admits both the drone and Sam into the inner sanctum of the Kozakura-ikka base. Once there, the door rolls down and Sam finds himself in darkness. A spotlight abruptly shines in Sam's face and a masked voice booms, "Rokudenashiko told me to be expecting you. She does not have much to say for your skills, but I'm familiar with your supposed online persona. But then, since no one knows who Ballzdeep actually is you could just as well be a poser. I don't like posers. So prove to me you are who you say you are. Plug into the matrix. You will see an icon in front of you for a game of my own design. Beat me in it and I'll believe you."
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:03 pm

Sam plugs in as directed.
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 2 / 10

Post by Torpor Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:27 pm

@Sato yes I need to pick up a couple chips, so I need someone/somewhere to get them.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:33 pm

Sam

The icon opens up a hyperealistic game and Sam finds himself involuntarily locked into hot sim VR mode. After displaying the name of the game "Fight Fighter II", a prompt appears in front of him that says, "Choose your fighter!" Below are about a dozen different images of various fighters. The list contains:

- Main Karate Guy
    - Same Karate guy but with a different sprite
    - Sumo Wrestler
    - Token Female Agile Fighter
    - Animal Mutant Dude
    - Slow But Crazy Strong Guy
    - GI Joe
    - Mystic Shaman
    - Totally Not Mike Tyson
    - Mini Boss Kickboxer
    - Mysterious Masked Man
    - Final Boss, But Not As Strong For Game Balance
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:50 pm

I have not had any video game instincts since the early 2000s, so I'm just picking a character at random. If Sam has some way of choosing that isn't just a random choice, he'll make a better decision.

So... I'm going to do a video games knowledge roll. And, if there's no real difference between the character choice other than flavor, go with token female character.

((Matrix games+intuition? Is that the right stat to add to knowledge checks?))
    Sam Dekker carried out 11 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 2 - Page 2 6 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 4 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 6 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 6 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 3 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 3 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 5 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 2 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 3
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō

Post by winkingchef Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:13 pm

((I am eagerly reading along Sam's story, though as a long-time SFII player, if the game is unpatched, there's lots of cheese you can apply with GI Joe...and as a Ken player I take offense at Karate Guy #2))
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:18 pm

((Oh, it's SFII. Ha. I totally didn't get that. I was, at best, a casual SFII player. I was more of a MK guy. But, not good at that either))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:35 pm

Sam
    As Sam has never played this particular home brew, he has no idea which character would be superior so he just leaves it to chance and shortly materializes in a small battlefield. The area consists of a small Desian market with people selling chickens and some random guy constantly biking back and forth around the battlefield. He can smell the stench of raw chicken hanging in the noon sun and feel the sun's rays beating down on his skin. The developer apparently went to great lengths to make this game as realistic as possible. A small hud at the top of his vision displays a health bar for both him and his opponent with a 99 second timer in the center.

Looking down at himself he realizes he has become his character. As is common among such games, his outfit is tight fitting and leaves little to the imagination, and a split dress that is fairly unreasonable for a fighter to wear and yet does not seem to impede movement at all. Due to his general gaming knowledge, he instinctively realizes that his character's best skill is kicking, a function usually designed by designers to provide plenty of opportunity for pantie shots. It is at this point that Sam realizes that he is wearing a rather tight thong that is essentially invisible in the back as it rides up his obnoxiously toned ass.

Across from Sam stands his opponent: Secret Character Who Is Really Just Karate Guy With Another Sprite and Faster Moves. He appears to be a man in a black karate gi with the sleeves torn off and ki energy flowing all around him. His muscles are too large for him to reasonably be able to put on the clothing he is wearing.

A disembodied voice says, "Ready! Fight!" and the digital battle has begun!
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:00 pm

((Initiative time?))
    Deck at D8 F6 A5 S4
    Sam Dekker carried out 4 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 2 - Page 2 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 5 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 6 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 3
    +13
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:11 pm

((No need for initiative or deck stats. We won't be treating this as a matrix battle. We'll just go back and forth and you tell me how Sam wants to fight with his character given you are playing an unfamiliar game against someone who presumably knows what they are doing. You can either use your computer skill (to try and reflex your way to victory) or video games knowledge (to try and figure out combos and special moves), up to you which you want to give a try. Best out of 3 rounds.))
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:18 pm

((Straight skill rolls? Or skill plus a stat?

(Does Sam know if there) is a strategic advantage for one approach over the other? Or am I just going for biggest dice pool. Is one hit on a knowledge check equivalent to one hit on a computers check, basically.))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:20 pm

((skill plus stat, as usual. As for which is better, it's more than straight hits, so there is benefit to not sticking to one the entire time but not gonna give the full mechanics. just go on feeling Smile
    anyway go ahead and tell me what sam's doing for his opening move))
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:28 pm

Sam tries to figure out some combos and the mechanics of the game, sticking mostly to kicking moves because of what he knows about female fighting game characters.
    ((I still don't know what stat goes with a knowledge check. I'm guessing intuition. I also don't know what stat to use + computer for the other option. I'm guessing reaction))

Intuition+Matrix Games
    Sam Dekker carried out 11 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 2 - Page 2 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 5 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 3 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 6 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 3 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 2 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 5 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 2
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:46 pm

((depends on the knowledge skill logic for professional or academic knowledge skills, intuition for interest and street knowledge skills. This would be an interest knowledge skill, so intuition. Languages also use intuition))

Round 1
    Sam attempts some standard combinations for fighting games and manages to figure out a helicopter kick that specifically involves flipping upside down in a split skirt for no conceivable reason other than for fan service. He also comes up with a lightning kick move which is more modest but still provides a breeze down below. While he is getting the hang of these moves, he leaves himself open to an attack in the form of a flurry of fireballs. Luckily the lightning kick manages to catch his opponent as he comes down in a jump kick. A quick glance at the health bars shows that he is down by about half his health while his opponent is down a third. Not bad so far considering it's his first time at the game.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:57 pm

Having figured out some techniques, and started to get a little bit of a feel for the game, Sam stops experimenting so much and falls back on his 1337 twitch skillz.
    (Computers+reaction)
    Sam Dekker carried out 12 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 2 - Page 2 2 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 5 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 5 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 2 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 6 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 4 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 3 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 2 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 3 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 2 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 3 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 1
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:35 pm

Round 1

Sam is still a little rough on the game, but manages to block a handful of special moves that would have otherwise taken out of the round. He can feel every punch, kick and fireball striking his body as if it were really his own and the distraction causes him to take a solid hurricane kick to the face. In between blocking his opponent's special moves he gets a good combo in that does some real damage, but as he glances at the HUD, he appears to be still down slightly. His bar has about a quarter left while his opponent has about a third. This round is going to be tight...
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:45 pm

Sam grits his teeth and bears down. He knows he doesn't have enough time to try learning to master this game that his opponent created, so he relies on his skills an hopes he can pull out a spectacular finish.
    [color]((Using my point of edge to push the limit))[/color]

(computer+reaction+5)
    Sam Dekker carried out 17 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 2 - Page 2 5 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 2 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 5 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 3 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 6 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 3 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 4 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 5 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 5 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 4 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 2 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 2 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 6 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 2
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:45 pm

Rule of Sixes:
    Sam Dekker carried out 2 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 2 - Page 2 1 , Downtime 2 - Page 2 5
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:02 pm

Round 1

After a few exchanges of minor blows, Sam's opponent pulls out some crazy super combo that lights the battlefield with fire and death. Luckily for Sam, he happened to jump at the time and avoid the entire thing and it will apparently take some time for his opponent to build up the energy to try that again. On the landing he manages a flying kick to the face that finishes off the opponent's life bar. The opponent flies to the ground in slow motion as a painful moan echoes and then the body bounces on the ground. A disembodied voice shouts, "You win!" then Sam's character (and Sam by extension) does a little giggle followed by a jump and a peace sign to some unknown audience.

Both of the health bars fill up on the HUD and both opponents are restored to their starting positions. The disembodied voice shouts, "Round 2! Fight!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:38 am