Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

5 posters

Downtime 5 - Sun

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 6 Empty Re: Downtime 5 - Sun

Post by GameMaster Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:44 pm

Miyako isn't kidding when she refers to sex as "a different type of wrestling" as she is very aggressive in bed and doesn't allow Sun to take a break until she is good and satisfied. After an hour or so the pair find themselves laying naked and breathless in the wrestling ring next to one another. She then rolls over, spoons Sun (he of course being the little spoon) and passes out.

The next morning Sun wakes up alone in the wrestling ring, his clothes strewn about the gym and Miyako nowhere to be seen. As he gathers his clothing, he hears the sounds of cooking coming from the kitchen. When he stumbles into the room, he finds Miyako wearing a t-shirt and panties as she makes breakfast.

"Good morning, darling,"
    she says as she places a plate of scrambled eggs, toast and grilled fish on the table, "I made breakfast for you. Don't get too comfortable with the idea of me cooking though, this is pretty much the only thing I know how to cook."

"Hope the ring wasn't too hard for you," she adds with a chuckle, "If you want to do this again sometime, I promise next time we use an actual bed. Or futon if you prefer, I've got both."
    Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 6 7fa0197c3e869fcbee6a9afac94af3d3
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:11 am

"Good morning!" Sun says as he sits down. He tries the food.
    "This is waaay better than the food Dàkèlǔzī made, back at the temple!"

He happily finishes breakfast while making smalltalk with Miyako.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:24 pm

Miyako blushes a bit and says, "Well, as long as you aren't sick of it, I can make this for you any time you're around for breakfast. Outside of this, I mostly eat out or microwave premade stuff. I don't keep much fresh food in the house."

She fixes a plate for herself before sitting down with Sun and asking, "So tell me about this temple life of yours."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:21 pm

"The temple? Nobody's really been interested in it here in Mingmei. We're a small group of monks, where we live from a young age on. We're trained in martial arts as well as religious teachings. I don't know much about the religious teachings, just that it also involves astral stuff. I was more into the fighting and physical exercise, along with my best friend Dàjiâo. I only left the temple a few months ago to come to Mingmei, as the head monk thought that this city would help me grasp the religious aspects. So far, the city has proved him wrong. All I'm doing, are bodyguard jobs and helping my friends out to keep folks with axes from attacking them."
    Sun whinces for a moment, reminiscing Emiko's throat getting cut.
    "What about you? How did you start wrestling?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:47 pm

Miyako says, "This sounds like an odd place to go for spiritual enlightenment. You sure you heard what your teachers said properly? Not that I know anything about religion or anything. I'm just all about wrestling. As for how I got started, well, it was a couple of things. As a kid, I had 3 brothers, so I used to wrestle around with them a lot, but I never thought I'd make a career out of it. I'd never even heard of women's pro-wrestling at the time. I was actually planning on being a teacher, to be honest. Then when I was about 16, I started going to the gym for my health. That led to a body building competitions and eventually I saw a match on the matrix and after that I was hooked. I signed up when I was 18 and have been wrestling ever since."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:29 pm

Sun strokes his beard, accidentally leaving toast crumbs in it.

"Don't people need promoters or such for professional wrestling, just like they need promoters for professional boxing?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:52 pm

Miyako says, "Theoretically yes, but for the most part the Women's Wrestling Association takes care of things like promotion. We're as much actors as we are athletes. We're given a script and some wiggle room for improv. Many of outcomes are decided before we start the match. A lot of the stuff we do would be illegal or straight up criminal in a strict wrestling match. You can't legally start bashing people over the head with a chair, but the crowd loves the theatrics of it and we're trained to do it without hurting each other. So anyway, so long as we follow the rules of the WWA, we don't need to worry about promotion. They organize the shows. We just have to put on a good show that gets the fans excited."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:37 pm

Sun looks at the clock.

"Hey, I got to go and apply for my bounty hunter license. You know the nearest police station?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:11 pm

Miyako says, "Bounty hunter license? That's cool! I'm not exactly sure where the nearest station is, but I'm sure my car can give you a ride, if you like. It'll save you a taxi getting there at least. I'd drive you myself, but I need to get ready for the day. My trainer's coming in about thirty minutes. Here's my commcode by the way. Send me a message when you'd like another wrestling match."

She winks and forwards her commcode to Sun's commlink.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:07 am

Sun says bye and leaves for the nearest police station to apply for his bounty hunter license. Once he arrives, he walks to the front desk and asks the person there about the bounty hunter license, all the while wondering why he has a craving for coconut.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:09 pm

The car drives Sun to the nearest testing location, where he is asked for 1,000 nuyen before being given a comprehensive written test.

((intuition + logic check!))
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:37 pm

Sun sits down, puts the tip of his tongue between the corner of his mouth, and starts writing, trying his hardest to do better than with the speeches he's given lately.

((2 hits))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:42 pm

Sun hands in the test and it is tallied up. His score isn't perfect, but it is passing. The person at the desk congratulates him and takes some basic biometrics as well as a picture for the database. He is then issued a Bounty Hunter's license, which is also digitally attached to his SIN.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:42 am

Sun checks the direct area of the reception desk, and asks the person there, for a list of bounties he can hunt.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:37 pm

There is a big list of minor bounties. All low risk SINless with minor offenses and none believed to be dangerous. Easy work, but nothing to get excited about.

((AKA: you can work for the man doing this, trading karma for nuyen at the usual rate))

There is one bounty that sticks out about an unknown serial killer who has been targeting mages. There is a 200,000 nuyen bounty for their capture.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:44 pm

Noting down the info on the mage killer, Sun leaves and goes to the shady shop to place an order of 20K Nuyen for a mask, then goes back to Izayaka to inconspicuously hang out in front of a place so insanely loud he normally would never even think of going: a pachinko parlour.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:03 pm

As usual, the shady shopkeep promises to deliver the mask at some point in the future, once paid.

When Sun makes it to the pachinko parlour, he is assaulted by a cacophony of assorted electronic sounds as well as the noise of thousands of little metal balls clacking around. Dozens of people are seated at machines, idly dumping little metal balls into them and turning a knob repeatedly. The din of noise is deafening and the scent of cigarette smoke lays heavily in the air.
    Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 6 131-picture1
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:03 pm

Sun's ears hurt from simply being inside the parlour. He looks around, presses on, but eventually gets bored and walks back out. Outside, he leans against the wall next to the bouncer. He takes out a pack of gums, takes a piece himself and offers some to the bouncer.
    "Hey chum, you understand why people are into this pachinko stuff?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:43 pm

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 6 KnGK-lnR9I9BK_gzg6SgJb3naV_92-D4d20tNdPiRsZSpRzlEpa2DP6SabIO5kdS7Ksm2_n9aku7BwCaiUgB_UT-dWQHZ472oNXHZmZ0EMotmgEh3_afIxQiThe pachinko parlor has no bouncer as it is a legal establishment with little chance of trouble among its patrons. However, Sun does manage to find a random customer on his way in to ask his question to. He is a young human male with a cigarette in his mouth. He says, "Well, it's basically like legal gambling. You don't win money, you win prizes. But there's a shop around the corner that buys prizes, so it's kind of like playing for money. I won 20 nuyen last night."Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 6 131-picture1
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:52 pm

Sun's expression doesn't change at all, still a blank, neutral stare as his teeth grind away on the gum.
    "But the noise! How does anyone stand the noise! And the customers are one thing, but the staff is in there all day, every day! They must all be something else for sure."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:20 pm

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 6 KnGK-lnR9I9BK_gzg6SgJb3naV_92-D4d20tNdPiRsZSpRzlEpa2DP6SabIO5kdS7Ksm2_n9aku7BwCaiUgB_UT-dWQHZ472oNXHZmZ0EMotmgEh3_afIxQiThe young man shrugs and says, "You get used to it. Some people wear headphones. Most people just get used to it though. It's not THAT loud. No worse than going to a concert or whatever."Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 6 131-picture1
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:59 pm

"Still, why doesn't the manager put stuff like rubber balls instead of metals ones in? Or sound-proof glass? Or anything else to keep that hellish noise down?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:34 pm

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 6 KnGK-lnR9I9BK_gzg6SgJb3naV_92-D4d20tNdPiRsZSpRzlEpa2DP6SabIO5kdS7Ksm2_n9aku7BwCaiUgB_UT-dWQHZ472oNXHZmZ0EMotmgEh3_afIxQiThe young man chuckle and says, "The machines themselves make noise regardless of the balls. The vast majority of noise comes from the machines really. It's part of the fun. Why are you so concerned about the noise? If you don't like it, don't go in. Out here it's fine."Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 6 131-picture1
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:42 am

"It's just so painful on the ears, chum. Isn't there anything else to do here, besides playing with balls while being deafened?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:01 am

Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 6 KnGK-lnR9I9BK_gzg6SgJb3naV_92-D4d20tNdPiRsZSpRzlEpa2DP6SabIO5kdS7Ksm2_n9aku7BwCaiUgB_UT-dWQHZ472oNXHZmZ0EMotmgEh3_afIxQiThe young man says, "Well, there's a mah jong place up the street. But that's kind of gambling for old people, isn't it? Anything else will probably get you involved with the Yakuza because it ain't legal. You don't want to get involved with the Yakuza."Downtime 5 - Sun - Page 6 131-picture1

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:46 pm