Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

5 posters

Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote

Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 3/10

Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 27 Empty Re: Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote

Post by Emiko Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:43 pm

Emiko winces from the pain. "I can't WAIT to get out of here," she says to nobody in particular and follows with, "and I really have to pee again."

Emiko makes sure she is safe from the turret fire and says to the group, "I hope everyone is ok! I am going to try and turn off that turret."

Emiko switches back on her wireless and goes back into the matrix to search for the file. She will run silently and set her deck to D8 F6 A4 S2.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:01 pm

It does not take long for her to find the turret as it is not hidden. Unsurprisingly, the samurai is there with several ninjas, guarding it from digital attack.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:09 pm

"Damn! This is suicidal to attack the turret with these guys here. But, we may not make it in the meat world if I don't get that turret off," Emiko thinks to herself. "Here goes nothing... or everything." Emiko launches her paper bird army at the turret program and prepares to turn her WiFi off afterwards.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kitaro Saito
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by Geert Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:17 am

Kitaro watches in amazement how Sun heroically throws himself on the grenade, then in a fluid motion summer saults over the obstacles while being shot, charges the guard and takes him out with a single punch.
    As the action unfolds Kitaro's eyes grow ever bigger and he mutters to himself.
    "This guy is the greatest shadowrunner ever"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:33 pm

Unseen to those in the meat world, digital origami birds assault the turret, damaging it significantly, but not enough to take it offline entirely. The Samurai and his ninja minions are alerted to the attack and converge on Emiko, whose firewall was already significantly weakened from her previous encounters with the relentless IC. A blue ninja strikes her, leaving a ring of cold on one of her arms. A yellow ninja also strikes her with a chained spear and locks her into matrix space. A black ninja attempts to strike her, but an error in code causes him to miss. Finally, the samurai strikes her, causing her system to glitch ((5 Matrix damage))

Init:
    12 - Emiko
    Blue Ninja
    Yellow Ninja
    Black ninja
    Samurai

Damage:
    Sam (10M, 7S)
    Emiko (9M)
    Torpor (1S)
    Sun (10S)
    Kitaro (6S)
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:12 pm

Emiko goes cold for a moment. "Guys," she pauses, "I'm in a bit of trouble. I've got one shot to take out this turret and then I'll probably be knocked out."

In the matrix, papers rise around Emiko, quickly folding into birds and darting at the turret program.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:55 am

The whirl of origami birds converge on and decimate the turret's icon in matrix space. However, Emiko has little time to celebrate victory as the samurai sweeps in on her with his ninjas not too far away. Almost completely defenseless at this point, Emiko stands no chance against the incoming onslaught and her cyberdeck sparks violently, sending her back into the meat world with a severe case of dizziness. ((4 stun damage and -1 to all skill checks for the next 10 minutes))

Meanwhile in the meat world, the turret sparks, smokes and then stops firing entirely. Sun is pretty sure he's safe, at least from that turret.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:01 am

As the gun fire dies down, Kitaro walks over to the cart.
    "Let's go chummers, we're almost out the door"

He pushes the cart through the rubble that used to be the door.
    Kitaro then heads over to the shelve where the guard stored their phones to collect them.

(( I narrated watching the guard when he took our phones at the beginning of the mission so I should know where he stored them ))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:06 am

Kitaro has no problem finding his commlink and any of the others that were left at the front desk. The exit appears to be locked however.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:12 pm

Sam hurries over to claim his commlink. He studies the front door for any obvious means of easily unlocking it.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:04 pm

The front door is locked with a typical maglock. On your way in, your badges took care of opening it, but it seems your security privileges have been revoked as attempts at scanning them now simply end with a red light flashing at you.

Sun decides to walk over to the glass sliding double door and give it one of his signature punches, which blows through the door with ease. Or at least it should. He strikes square on the central maglock which explodes in a shower of sparks and gives Sun a surprising jolt of electricity. Far more than anyone with any engineering knowledge would expect out of a simple maglock. It should in fact be scientifically impossible, but well... so is Sun. ((3 stun damage plus the usual electric penalties, but I don't expect you to do anything quick enough for them to matter))

When the fireworks fade away, Sun is standing there with a singed beard and hair that is all standing out on end, coughing a little smoke. The sliding doors flop down on the ground loudly. The exit is clear.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:40 pm

Emiko steps outside and takes a deep breath, happy to be outside of the building. Using her commlink, she calls her sedan to pick up the group. Once there, she pops the trunk and helps load the items taken. She then takes her many sweaters, scattered throughout the trunk, and piles them together to make a soft, safe place to keep the egg. She says about the sweaters, "what? I get cold easily!"

Once everything is the car, Emiko hops in the driver's seat, ready to go.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:56 pm

Sam hurries out of the building and in to Emiko's car, trying his best to keep his face hidden from any street cameras.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:00 pm

Kitaro helps Emiko to load all the stuff from the cart into her car.
    "See you back at the center"
    Then he quickly walks off towards his own car that he parked a few blocks away.
    Kitaro makes sure he's safely inside his car before the stim patch wears off and orders the car to take him to the community center.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:14 am

Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 27 MaxresdefaultYou all hop into your various vehicles and move out. Though it has felt like an eternity, you've managed to leave relatively quickly with no signs of High Threat Response. Given how battered you all are at this point, it is most definitely for the best.

Neither is there any apparent police response. Given the Yakuza connection to the building, it is likely none will be coming.

It is not long before you have all split up and retired for the night. Mission accomplished. All that is left now is to decide what to do with the goods you've stolen.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:38 pm

When the car gets a reasonable distance away from the office building, and Sam feels safely away from it, he jacks in to cold sim VR to play a quick 20 disc game of Towers of Hanoi to calm his nerves.

He has Emiko drop him off at the community center. He's going to have to steer clear of his apartment, for a little while at least. He'll figure out a way to get the rest of his stuff out of there another time. Right now, he just needs a safe place to pass out after this latest caper.

When he wakes up, he sets to work on restoring his deck again. It takes him roughly an hour and a half to get it back up and running.

While he's at it, he takes out the busted mods, and makes a new mod to his array (8, 7, 6, 1). Another hour and a half of work later, and his deck has its new attribute array.

Next, Sam fires off a message to Akina:

>>>>>>I need another multidimensional coprocessor.
    >>>>>>Would it be cheaper to buy these in bulk?
    ((list price $1400, 7R Avail))

He sends a message to Sato, who he hasn't heard from since Sato took over his dad's business.

>>>>>>I am looking for a pair of glasses with an image link, thermographic vision, and 2R vision enhancement.
    >>>>>>Do you know of a good LensCrafters?

(($1925 list price 10 Avail))

Once he's accomplished all of that, he heads downstairs to check out the loot from last night's job.

After Kitaro and WuJen have done their best to identify the stuff, Sam does his best to take pictures of each of the items at as many angles as possible, without taking them out of their cases. He prints out the pictures.

"I am going to go to Mingmei University to ask Professor Morikami if he knows anything about these. Does anyone else want to come?"

On the way to the University, he stops by Radio Shack and picks up a new program carrier and slots it into place on his deck. (($900))
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:51 pm

Sun rests up overnight and sees no problem in joining Sam on a visit to the professor.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:51 pm

The night passes uneventfully for you and you are all able to sleep off the beatings you all took.

Akina responds to Sam:

>>>>> I don't acquire them in bulk, so I wouldn't know. But I suppose I can look into it if you're burning through them so quickly. I can get you the one in a day though.

Sato also responds:

>>>>> Send me your prescription and I can get them sent to you within a couple of days.

Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 27 Professor-Toru-Morikami
    The next day Sam and Sun make their way to the university to see the professor. Now a bit more familiar with his eccentricities, the pair enter his office without asking to be let in. He greets the pair and, after some pleasantries and crazy theories, Professor Morikami looks over the images. He has little to say about the reagents, scrolls or book.

He says that the black rock looks like a mineral called blackrock which apparently absorbs magical energy like a sponge until it eventually reaches a critical mass and explodes. It is often used in prisons meant to contain magic users, but is considered somewhat of a human rights violation as extended exposure gradually makes the awakened sick. The fact that it is often fashioned into a collar that dampens their magic and potentially explodes should they try too hard to use it doesn't help its reputation.

Of all the images, his eyes light up when he comes across the egg. Once he calms down enough to explain what it is, he tells the pair that it is a dragon's egg.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:40 pm

After Emiko drops off Sam, she asks him if he wouldn't mind fixing her deck again.  She then heads to her apartment.

Once home, she fills the apartment with scented candles, fills the bathtub with hot water and bubbles, and soaks for a long time.

After a restful evening she sends a message to Dr. Emoto:

- - - - -
    RE: Completed Assignment

Dear Professor Emoto,

I have completed the extra credit assignment.

Thank you for opportunity.

Emiko
    - - - - -

For the next two hours, Emiko fixes her deck and then heads to community center.

6 hits (4, 6, 6, 1, 2, 5, 6, 2, 6, 2, 4, 5, 3) #fixing deck (10 hits)
    4 hits (4, 2, 1, 5, 2, 5, 2, 4, 2, 1, 3, 5, 6) #fixing deck (4 points remaining)
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:41 pm

About 5 minutes after Emiko sends off her e-mail, Kitaro and Emiko receive knocks on their doors at about the same time. When they answer, a rotodrone scans their faces and seems to be satisfied with the result. A credstick is ejected from the rotodrone and it flies off. The balance on each credstick is 5,000 nuyen. A message is sent to both Kitaro and Emiko's commlinks that reads:

You were loud and messy, but arguably successful. I am providing half of the agreed upon amount for the unnecessary chaos.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:49 pm

While Sam shows the pictures to the professor, Sun tries to find a right moment to ask the professor about his magic staff.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:06 pm

As para-critters are really his specialty, the professor really has nothing useful to say about the staff beyond the fact that it is a magical weapon and likely illegal.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:37 pm

"Tell me more about dragons and dragon eggs," Sam says to Professor Morikama. "How rare are they? What people are interested in them? What are they worth? How would one hatch an egg? How would one raise a baby dragon after hatching? What else should a person in possession of a dragon egg be aware of?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:32 pm

The professor says, "Well, I've never seen one in person before as dragons tend to be rather protective of them, so extremely rare. At least to non-dragons anyway. As for who would be interested in them, well all sorts of people I suppose. Some wealthy with a taste for exotic pets might want to add one to their collection. I doubt any reputable zoo would take one in unless it was personally donated by a dragon as putting one out publicly on display would just be asking for a dragon to come down on your head. I suppose one of the big corporations might be interesting in using it for study. Of the top of my head probably Ankev Industries and Cowboy Systems would have an interest. Possibly Wishmaker and Tomiyama as well. I'm sure some of the criminal syndicates would be interested as well.

"I am not sure I can really place a value on a dragon egg as they are not something that is legally sold. Any sale would be an underground thing and the danger of those sorts of transactions is you never know for sure if you can trust the other buyer. I know that other high end paracritters can go for for anything from tens of thousands to millions of nuyen. I would expect a dragon egg to go for a similar range at least, assuming you can find a buyer that isn't going to just kill you and take it for themselves. Something like this is radioactive. I wouldn't want to hold on to it for long. Once word gets out that you have it, you have to watch your back constantly.

"I hope you aren't planning on raising the thing. Hatching it is not such a big deal, just keep it warm for a few years until it hatches. Raising it on the other hand is a much bigger deal, if you aren't one of significant resources. They eat primarily meat, and a large amount of it. I am not sure exactly how much it would take, but I imagine you would be spending tens or hundreds of thousands of nuyen in food. They must also be allowed to fly freely and get exercise or they will grow unhealthy. Not something you generally want them doing in the middle of a dense city. Other than that, they are not much different than raising any other type of reptile. Any reptile book should be able to give you the basics of that.

"As for other things to be concerned about, where to start. Well, it depends on the type of dragon, but I'll assume this is a Desian variety of dragon. You can expect them to have fire breath and various magical abilities, of course. They're telepathic and I know that some can take human form. I am not sure if that is something they learn when they're older, or if it's unique to certain dragons or what though. Come to think of it, Ryu Ningenkue, the CEO of Denso Electronics, is a dragon who possesses this ability. I suppose he might even have interest in acquiring a dragon egg as well. As I understand, the species of dragon is often determined by the dragon who raises the egg rather than the one who birthed it so sometimes dragons have been known to steal eggs from other dragons to raise as their own. Those that aren't hatched by dragons end up as the mother's species though."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:35 am