Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+2
Sam Dekker
mrinprophet
6 posters

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork Empty Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork

Post by GameMaster Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:09 pm

7/23  

Three weeks have passed since your last job and with rent looming soon, it would be a good idea to get another pay day. Tensions throughout the city have been high as Fire Force soldiers patrol the streets, searching for ghouls. They rarely find any, but whenever they do, the ghouls and whatever building they were found in is usually burnt to the ground. People are beginning to grow concerned that a neighbor may make a false report that might result in a visit from the Fire Force. But none of that is your problem right now.

It's a cold and rainy fall evening when Sun, Deadeye, Cannis and Wujen meet up in one of the small bedrooms of the community center to spitball plans for the coming attack. King Cobra is the leader of the Black Cobra gang, and a formidable opponent with a fair amount of cyberware as well as combat drugs to aid him. He also has a significant number of gang members protecting him. All you currently know is that the gang's base is somewhere in the Minami Ruins and that the gang's members are about 50 or so in number. The members have shown themselves to be skilled riggers with significant firepower. At least one mage was among them, though she was slain by Fuchougou during your last encounter with this gang. It is possible that there are more among the other members.

The Minami ruins are known for an archology that was meant to house the underprivileged members of society. Something happened and the arcology was destroyed. The area around the arcology is known to be occupied by drones that attack anyone who enter the area, though they luckily do not seem to be interested in leaving the area immediately surrounding the ruins. It seems that the Black Cobra gang scavenges most of their gear from these ruins.

Your primary mission is to take down King Cobra by any means necessary and bring him (or his remains) to the police. Sun however wishes to take on the ork himself in a fair fight. If this can be arranged without getting everyone killed in the process, that would be ideal to him. If it can't, well the police don't care how King Cobra was defeated to pay out the bounty, so long as he's in custody. Should you succeed, the reward money is enough that each of you will be getting a 50,000 nuyen pay day. Who knows? You might scavenge some useful goodies from the gang as well...
    Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork 1
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork Empty Re: Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork

Post by WuJen Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:50 am

WuJen looks around at those assembled as Tatsuo serves tea.

"Ok, we have our work cut out on this. That gang is seriously out of hand and needs to be reigned in, and the cowboys are too busy eating doughnuts and killing Innocents with flamethrowers to do anything about it. At least they posted a bounty but I'd be willing to do this as a public service regardless."

"Unfortunately, our friends that do tech work are busy, so we are going to have to take a look at things the old fashioned way- with our eyeballs. It will be tricky getting in since we know that old arcology has some working security and it's almost certain they have taken any working cameras and at least some of the drones over for themselves."

"Little Dragon and I can do some astral recon. I'd appreciate some one with a little more combat experience help out with that, you can get Shade at the local Hoodoo shop, but it's expensive. I can maybe summon a Spirit from the area and it might know a thing or two as well."
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kin
    Physical Track: 9/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork Empty Re: Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork

Post by Deadeye Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:06 pm

Kin takes a sip of tea, hearing the rain falling steadily outside. His empty stomach grumbles as the tea slides down into it.  His parents fill his thoughts day and night. It will be nice to turn his focus to something besides them, for a change. Plus, there's the payoff to consider. He knows he could put that bounty to good use. But first, he has to complete the task at hand and survive doing it.

He sets his cup down onto the table, a little harder than he meant to, but he's ready to get to work. He looks at each of those seated around him.

"What can I do to help?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:41 pm

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork 94.Fyz.t%C4%9Blo,du%C5%A1e%20odch%C3%A1z%C3%AD%20k%20PSVVWujen meditates for a moment and leaves his conscious self behind. Those in the room simply see him sitting there with his eyes closed, but to Wujen, he is flying down the mountain at the speed of thought to the Minami Ruins. As he approaches the general area, it is easy to see the black cloud of death that surrounds the remains of the old Daiaku arcology. At the edge of the cloud sits a small collection of scrap metal (at least small compared to the nearby arcology) that has been cobbled together to form walls surrounding a little shanty town. Wujen does not spot any astral beings such as spirits or fellow astrally projecting mages, which is good news since that means they do not spot him either. Thus he dares to get a bit closer and get a good look at the base.

He doesn't really see much in the way of drones, just some autoturrets mounted on the walls, powered by noisy, old gas generators. He spots about 12 of them spaced evenly around the compound walls, their smoke cutting through the astral's mana trails. The folk inside are going about their own business, mostly chatting or working on motorcycles built from cobbled together scrap. He notices a group of about six of them eventually hop on their bikes and head out through the front gate, rolling noisily along the road up the mountain.

All in all there are dozens of people about, and it is difficult to pick out and identify any one specific person in the haze without getting really close and doing some assensing.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:11 pm

WuJen will get close enough to start assensing, looking particularly for evidence of cybernetic enhancement.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:43 pm

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork 94.Fyz.t%C4%9Blo,du%C5%A1e%20odch%C3%A1z%C3%AD%20k%20PSVVFocusing on their auras, Wujen sees that everyone within the gang has at least some level of cyberware. Best guess is that the majority of the enhancement are low quality control rigs, though some people have enhancements in places other than their heads.

He doesn't see very much in the way of magic. There are two people who register at all as magical. Like everyone else, they have low quality headware installed.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:57 am

Upon giving the compound of the gang a good look WuJen returns to his body and recounts what he saw, illustrated by Trid Phantasm to show the layout of the compound and positions of the turrets and any other important features.

" If you have contacts in the gangs it would be good to check for rumors of helpful tidbits to use against them. It seems they have people out on a regular basis and King Cobra isn't always out with them. That's one potential avenue of getting information."
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:14 am

Kin scoots his chair back and stands, looking at WuJen. "I have a man I can talk to." He walks outside, slides behind the wheel of his car and speeds away.

Last edited by Deadeye on Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:29 am

It takes about an hour drive to get down to the Kita barrens. The buildings are decrepit and covered in graffiti. The high end sports car looks really out of place in an area where most of the locals can't even afford a junker. When Buki answers the door he smirks and glances at Kin's fancy car. "Hey, nice to see you! Nice wheels. Why don't you pull it in around back unless you want to find your tires missing by the time you leave."

He opens up a garage door and allows Kin to drive into the building. Once he's parked, Buki says, "Still with the Predator in your pocket I see. You come here to finally pick up a REAL gun?"
    Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork Npc_humanmale_is0beltrust_securitycaptain
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:35 am

Kin looks at Buki and smiles. "Perhaps I'll see what you've got. First, I need to know anything you can tell me about a gang by the name of the Black Cobras."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:54 pm

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork SR5_Weapon_Yamaha_Raiden"The Black Cobras?" Buki asks with a look of mild disgust, "Why would you want to know about them? I've never dealt with them personally, but they're a bunch of nutbag bikers who rob snack trucks. I hear that they sometimes capture the drivers and eat them. What's more, their leader's an ork."

While he speaks as though the gang in general is distasteful, he seems to particularly show his disgust when mentioning the leader is an ork, as if that is somehow a worse sin than being a cannibal. "You don't want to tangle with that mess," he continues, "They carry some serious gear from what I hear. SMGs and the like. I know you love your pistol there, but I wouldn't want to be caught in a shoot out with something like that."

Thinking a bit he says, "You know, I think I have a box or two of anti-vehicular rounds that might fit your predator if you're interested. Only 200 nuyen a box, since we're such good friends and all. Or if you want to drop that pistol for a more substantial weapon, I got a shipment of Raidens the other day. They're pretty sweet. Electronic firing, sound suppression, even a built in smartgun system. Plus I had these things outfitted with a gas-vent 3 system. You'll barely feel the recoil on this thing, but your targets will certainly feel the pain. A damn bargain for only 4,000 nuyen. Don't have any AV ammo for those, but the extra power should more than make up for that. I can sell you some regular rounds for it anyway, if you need them."

((In case you need some explanation, this is an assault rifle that fires in burst fire and full auto modes, aka throws a lot of bullets at once. Throwing all those bullets knocks the gun around, which is called recoil. The electronic firing system and gas vent system reduce that recoil so don't have as many penalties when firing many many bullets. Sound suppression and electronic firing are also quieter, in case you don't want to be heard shooting. It's a pretty gun that does a lot of damage, but your specialty is in pistols, so you'll be throwing fewer dice when using it. Assault rifles also have much further ranges than hand guns.

The AV rounds on the other hand let your pistol partially ignore the armor on a vehicle you happen to shoot at.))

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork Npc_humanmale_is0beltrust_securitycaptain
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:34 pm

Kin takes in everything that Buki has told him and he's right. A pistol won't get it done, as least as a primary weapon. Kin needs something stronger. 4,000 nuyen is a lot of money, but it doesn't matter if he's dead. The payday will more than compensate and he'll have a nice weapon at the end of this. He looks Buki in the eyes.

"If I decide to go ahead with this I need more punch. I'm looking at a box of the AV rounds for my Predator, a spare clip for the Predator, the Raiden, along with a spare clip for it and 3 boxes of ammo for the Raiden. What'll that set me back? Keep in mind, I'm gonna bury as many of these rounds as I can into that Orc scumbag, so give me your best deal."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:51 pm

Buki says, "Gonna need more than 3 boxes to load up the Raiden. The gun holds 60 bullets and each box holds only 10. Plus if you're used to firing off a semi auto, you'll be kind of surprised at how quickly full auto blows through ammo. In the time it would take you to go through all your ammo in a pistol, you'll probably have to reload the Raiden three times despite the much larger carrying capacity. High firing rate's a bitch if you don't pay attention to what you're doing, but I rather take my chances with a weapon named after a god of lightning, right? You can have the clips for free and an ammo fill up for the Raiden  as well as it's spare clip are on the house. So the total will come to 4,200 nuyen."
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:12 pm

Kin agrees to the price. Money is exchanged as Kin walks out and hides his new weapon and accessories in the car. He hurries back to the Community Center and enters the front door, in search of his new friends. Once finding them, he relays the information given him.

"My contact says the Black Cobras are bad news, but we already knew that, right?  Couldn't give me a lot of information, but mentioned that most of them should be packing sub-machine guns, so we'll probably need to avoid engaging them toe-to-toe. I brought back a little firepower with me that might help swing things in our favor."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:03 am

Hearing about the turrets around the shanty town makes Sun's eyes light up. Remembering the info he got before, saying there's no non-gangers anywhere near the ruins, those in the shanty town must all be part of King Cobra's gang. Just to be sure, though, he'll check with WuJen's findings.
    "What was your impression about the people there? Did they seem all gang members, or were there any there that seemed innocent? And how many people were there, roughly? The gang is said to have around 50 members. Was more or less everyone there?"
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:40 am

"My impression is that most are just people. That area and that life is hard, and their leader is a nearly inhuman monster. I'd bet they follow him because he is strong. We need more info on the gang itself. It's possible his second or third in command would be more reasonable."

"There are likely at least some family there. I didnt see any children but I spotted at least one pregnant woman."

"I did see a group leaving. I don't know if we can catch them, but they no doubt send them out on a regular basis for supplies. If we could catch one of those I could try to prove his mind for more specific details."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:14 pm

"A pregnant woman does complicate things. The mother herself may be as much a criminal as the ones we met before, but the unborn baby isn't. Blindly taking them all down won't be an option then."
    Sun pulls out an old-fashioned paper map, clearly gotten from some tourism point, as it's filled with markers on all the tourist traps, and lined with advertising for all the overpriced "street food" places.
    "Let's see... Here is the city... And here is the old arcology, so from what you explained, the base should be here... What direction did you see that group drive off to? Maybe we got enough time to intercept them."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:01 pm

The bikers appeared to be heading towards the city, up the mountain to the northwest.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:05 pm

"Ok, so let's hear out and find us some neutral territory not to far from their compound."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:52 am

Sun places a big, thick finger on the map, where the Minami ruins are. The finger covers half the distance to the Kokoro temple as well.
    "This is where they're located."

He places another finger right next to the one on the ruins and moves it north-west.

"This is roughly how they're going. Depending on how far westward they're going, they could be paying a visit to the Daiterebi or the Odori district, or anything inbetween."

He moves the finger that plotted the route to slightly NE of the Daiterebi district. The finger covers the area both NE and NW of the district.

"This seems to be the safest place to intercept them, unless they decide to go straight south and then straight east, passing by the Kokoro temple on their way back. It doesn't seem there would be any reason for them to do that, so here, somewhere north of the Daiterebi district, seems the best place to intercept them. What does everyone think?"
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier

Post by Deadeye Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:13 am

"Sun, I trust your judgement. I think that's as good a place as any to set this up. Not everyone can fit in my car, but one of you can."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:16 pm

Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork CzfJMysUQAArvsQThe three of you head to a spot somewhere nearish to the gang's base as pointed out by Sun's map. You find yourselves in an alley in an old slum. The smell of mildew fills the air along with the sounds of people yelling, cars driving, horns blaring and other sounds of the city. Cannis parks his motorcycle and Jin parks his sports car in the alley as you all come up with a plan on how to intercept the returning gang successfully...
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:36 pm

Getting as comfortable as possible in the cramped seats of the Westwind, WuJen settles back and leaves his body. Manifesting briefly he says "Ok, no joyriding with my body. Tatsuo and I will go find them and send word back"

Then his translucent form fades out as he flies up to get his bearings and begins searching for the riders in the direction he saw them drive off earlier.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:26 am

Wujen zooms through the astral plane in search of the biker gang's current position and eventually manages to find them as they are driving off from the shot up remains of a food shipment truck. The gang appears to be in good spirits, their saddle bags filled to the brim with what appears to be convenience store bento boxes. They are currently a few blocks away from your group's current position and headed back to their base. If you hurry, your vehicles should be able to cut them off.Mission 5b - Come along with the Snork Akira_example_2
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:30 am

WuJen tells Little Dragon to keep them in sight as he takes off at full speed for his body.

"We are in luck, they are just a few blocks over that way, headed for home" he says as he belts himself in for the ride.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:52 am