Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

5 posters

Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 Empty Re: Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote

Post by GameMaster Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:48 pm

The wives accounts have pictures of various meals, selfies and the occasional image of the family. Though the husbands are present in these pictures, they always seem quite reluctant to be in them. None of the pictures appear to be work related or containing a uniform.

The company website does not make a point to advertise the cleaning staff. Though there are pictures of some of the top researchers, the cleaning staff is completely absent.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Sam Dekker Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:09 pm

Sam gives up on the cleaning staff for the moment, turning his attention to the people with the highest security clearance.
    He searches the matrix for any information about them, looking for any possible leads on things they do outside of work which might give Emiko and/or Kitaro an opportunity to scan their badge.
    ((If I need to roll separate matrix searches for each person, Sam is going to start with Dr Nozomi Emoto))

Teamwork rolls
    Sam Dekker carried out 14 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 3 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 3 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 4 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 4 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 6 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 6 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 4 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 2 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 3 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 3 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 6 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 2 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 3 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 1
    Sam Dekker carried out 10 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 6 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 3 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 1 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 5 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 6 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 2 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 5 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 2 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 2 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 3
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:10 pm

Matrix search

Sam Dekker carried out 21 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 6 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 3 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 2 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 3 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 5 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 5 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 4 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 5 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 6 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 1 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 1 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 2 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 1 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 3 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 5 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 1 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 4 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 3 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 1 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 5 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 6
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:03 pm

Though Sam finds very little about their private lives on the matrix, he does see that Dr Akio Nakamura and Dr Nozomi Emoto both teach classes once a week. The former teaches a class on Advanced Centering at the Mingmei Institute of Sorcery and the latter teaches Armament Engineering at Mingmei University. He is able to find syllabuses for each class.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:31 pm

Sam forwards that information to Kitaro and Emiko:

>>>>>>Here is a possible lead for you to get a security card scanned.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:45 pm

Feeling pretty good about getting a possible lead to Emiko and Kitaro, Sam turns his attention back to the cleaning crew. He doesn't((meaning, I don't)) have any more ideas for trying to find a picture of the uniforms, but thinks he might be able to find out what they do before work, if they have some sort of routine. He jacks in to cold sim running silent, picks a worker at random from the crew working last night who is no longer working, finds his icon and hacks it:

Teamwork
    Sam Dekker carried out 12 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 6 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 5 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 4 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 4 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 1 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 6 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 3 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 1 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 2 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 1 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 3 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 5
    Sam Dekker carried out 8 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 5 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 4 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 6 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 2 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 6 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 2 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 5 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 5
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:47 pm

Hack on the fly
    Sam Dekker carried out 26 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 1 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 1 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 4 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 4 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 6 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 2 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 3 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 4 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 4 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 3 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 2 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 2 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 5 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 5 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 4 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 3 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 1 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 3 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 3 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 4 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 4 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 2 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 5 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 3 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 5 , Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 1
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kitaro Saito
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by Geert Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:21 am

After a good night's sleep. Kitaro wakes up bright and early. He performs some stretching exercises and sits down in his favorite chair.
    He closes his eyes, focuses and begins summoning a spirit of man.
    ((failed summoning force 6 spirit of man, took 3 drain damage))
    The spirit puts up an incredible struggle, but through sheer determination Kitaro manages to resist most the drain. However in the end he has to let the spirit go.
    "Well, if it's gonna be like that then just stay where you are!"
    Afterwards Kitaro will put on his new Feng-Shui approved outfit and ride towards the store to pick up his custom fit armour clothing that he can wear beneath it.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:56 am

After having picked up his new armoured underwear, Kitaro drives towards the center where Dr Akio Nakamura teaches her weekly class.
    While driving there he will use his disguise kit to make himself look a little different. This time he goes for the "just out of bed" look with messy hair.
    ((0 hits))
    Having completely messed up the look he was going for, Kitaro grumbles.
    "Looks like it's gonna be one of those days"
    He then proceeds cast a Makeover spell to try and salvage the look as  best as he can.
    ((Makeover, 5 hits, no drain))
    After all this, he will study the syllabus on the advanced centering class.
    When he arrives at the center, he will see if there is someone at the reception he can talk too about joining a class.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:26 pm

Kitaro arrives at the campus of the Mingmei Institute of Sorcery. He immediately feels a charge in the air. It seems this place is strong with magic, which is not surprising given that a magical university was built here. He finds a map of the campus which he uses to locate the administration office. When asked about attending classes, he is referred to the school's matrix site where he can apply to be a student in the spring as applications for incoming fall students are closed.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Stun Track: 3/10

Post by Emiko Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:25 pm

Emiko contacts Kitaro and says, "Kitaro, I am going to visit Dr. Emoto and I would like you to join me. Would you like to go? I could use your help."
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:09 pm

Kitaro replies.
    "Ofcourse miss Emiko, I would gladly be of assistance"
    He then hops into his pearl white GMC Phoenix sports car and heads out to meet Emiko.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:20 am

Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 IStock-657392778_16x9Abruptly leaving the magic university behind, Kitaro meets up with Emiko at Mingmei University. Unlike MIS, there is no innate feelings of magic here. The students walking about largely ignore the pair as they make their way to classes while chatting about professors, tests, parties, politics, research projects and various other subjects.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:55 pm

Emiko suggests the two scout out where Dr. Emoto's is, trying her office first.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:24 pm

Emiko and Kitaro find a map of campus and navigate themselves to the professor's office. The door is closed, but a light is on. Sounds like someone is inside.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:36 am

Kitaro turns to Emiko and says.
    "I think you better do the talking here. I don't have much technical knowledge I'm afraid."
    From outside the door Kitaro also uses his magic sense quality to see if he can detect any magic around him, and does a quick astral perception to see if there is anything there.
    ((astral perception 2 hits))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:10 pm

A quick scan of the are a reveals no magic of note, though that is hardly surprising. The astral plane seems fairly average with nothing much to see.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:57 pm

Emiko looks to Kitaro and says, "I'm not sure how this is going to play out but I'll try my best. I think we should go in and we say we're interested in taking her course next semester. At best, we distract her and get the card. The least we can hope is to see if she keeps the card on her at all times. The worst... let's not think of it."

If Kitaro agrees, Emiko will lightly knock on the door.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:37 am

Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 Tokyo+-+Headshot+-+Photographer+Anthony+Wood+%289%29
    A voice inside says, "Come in," and Emiko opens the door to a small, tidy office. Seated at a desk with a computer console at it is the woman from the files. Turning to the pair as they come in, she says, "Hello? How can I help you?"
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:26 am

"Hello Dr. Emoto," Emiko says with a bow, "my name is Mieko and I am thinking of studying armament engineering. I was hoping you have a moment to talk about your course and what subjects I should study up on before registering next semester."

Emiko glances around the room.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:37 am

Kitaro follows Emiko inside.
    He makes a polite bow but says nothing.
    Kitaro looks at the desk to see if there might be a wallet lying on top of it, or a handbag standing besides it.
    ((perception 5 hits))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:12 am

Mission 4A - Mudra She Wrote  - Page 14 Tokyo+-+Headshot+-+Photographer+Anthony+Wood+%289%29
    Dr Nozomi Emoto says, "I see. Well have a seat," as she waits for the pair to be seated. Assuming they do, she continues, "Well, it is a graduate level course, so ideally you should be in the graduate program and an engineering major. If you meet those requirements, you should know enough to take the course. It is primarily theory as the school has neither the facilities nor the government permission to allow for students to be involved in actual weapons manufacture. Still, once you've finished my course, you have enough practical knowledge to be employed by the government or a corporate contractor as a weapons researcher.

"I have personally been one for about 20 years now, so I know a lot about the business and do try my best to impart both my knowledge and experience upon my students."

Meanwhile Kitaro quietly looks about the room and notices nothing special about the room. It is extremely neat and contains no personal effects like posters, pictures, desk toys, etc. No purse or handbag is currently visible, though it is possible that there is one behind the desk where Kitaro can't see or stuffed into a drawer or something like that.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:55 am

Kitaro sits next to Emiko with an innocent smile on his face.
    He concentrates and casts an influence spell on Dr Emoto.
    The line he tries to implant in her mind is "I think I'm gonna throw up, I better run to the bathroom before I splatter vomit all over the floor."
    ((influence spell : 5 hits))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:33 pm

Dr Emoto suddenly looks ill and says, "If you pardon me a moment, I need to step out for a second. I shall not be long."

She gives an apologetic bow and steps outside the office.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:21 pm

Emiko fist bumps Kitaro and says, "well done! Now, we have to move quickly. Stand by the door and make sure nobody walks in."

Emiko will bound around the desk and search for the card. Before she opens any drawer, she will check for any signs of an alarm.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:55 pm