Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+2
Fuchou 复仇
Valacan
6 posters

Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 14 Empty Re: Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy

Post by GameMaster Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:53 pm

"This is the second time I'm hearing about girls being held up as sex slaves in a factory recently," the bartender says, "I guess that's what all the noise on the news was about today. Something about terrorists trying to poison the fish and getting thwarted by security. I thought it sounded like a cover-up story more than real news. Too dumb of a plot to be real. Alright. Gimme your commcode and I'll send you a private matrix link. You should be able to meet some folk there."Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 14 32ztaiv
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by WuJen Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:54 pm

"Yeah, don't believe everything on the trid. That business is even dirtier than it sounds. The girls aren't slaves, they are living drones, robbed even of the dignity of a slave. While that headware is active they have no identity, no sense of self. They are literally animate meat. It's horrible, and even worse it's a byproduct of some other research, these girls are just an afterthought. It needs to stop. I appreciate the link, and in the future you need some additional hands look me up at the 5 elements community center. We have many interesting programs aimed at helping people live better lives."

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:27 pm

Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 14 Rei%20TanakaThe bartender says, "I'm fine here with my bar. It's as good a life as I could want. But if I happen across anyone who needs help, I'll point them your way," and provides Wujen with the promised matrix link.

As he's about to leave, the blonde guy walks over to Wujen and says, "Hey, I'm Rei Tanaka, though most folk around here call me Dash. Seems ole Yuusuke decided to let you in to the club. Congrats on that. Careful who you go trusting on there. Some are good folk while others are less so. Not to say they'll betray you or anything, at least not as long as your money lasts, but some of them tend to go in big and noisy, consequences be damned. If you're looking to hire someone who's quick and quiet, my handle on there is 'Speedy'. Anyway, I've got work to do, you have a good day!"
    Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 14 32ztaiv
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:55 pm

Wujen thanks the man, and heads back to Nakamats house. On the way he finds a thread on the XYZ board about Nakamats, and posts a message there looking for help in dealing with the situation.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:55 pm

After she me discussion on XYZ WuJen fills in Sam on the potential ally, The Justice, and arranged a meet at everyone's earliest convenience.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:20 pm

WuJen settles comfortably in Nakamats house and leaves his body to update his astral recon of the Yakuza safehouse.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:33 pm

Sam notices a message from WuJen, and puts down his tools for a moment to respond.

>>>>>>I need at least two more days to fix Eula.
    >>>>>>Set a meeting for then.
    >>>>>>In the meantime, we should learn more about the compound.
    >>>>>>I will go there now in the matrix and try to determine people based on their devices.
    >>>>>>You go there and try to determine people based on their souls.
    >>>>>>Or whatever it is you do.
    >>>>>>Then we will compare notes.

Sam jacks into cold sim VR running silently, and heads over to the compound to see what he can see.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:34 pm

Sam examines the footage from his spy drone, as well as matrix space in general. There isn't much noticeable activity at the compound, though guards come and go, change shifts, etc. One person in particular can be seen waving around incense along the perimeter of the compound's walls. Scanning for commlinks, he picks up 10 devices.

Wujen meanwhile does an astral scan of the premises. There are slightly more guards now than he saw before as well as a fairly powerful patrolling fire spirit. As before, one of the rooms is masked in an astral barrier. In addition, someone appears to be in the middle of constructing a larger barrier around the entire perimeter. Luckily it's not done yet so he can still slip in and out without much issue, but it is only a matter of time before that changes.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:07 pm

Sam watches the commlinks for a little to find at least two commlinks that seem to be nearby to other commlinks. Ideally the two commlinks seem to be apart from each other, but nearby to other commlinks so that Sam can hear two separate conversations.
    ((1st commlink: 5 hits for mark, 9 hits control device
    2nd commlink: 10 hits for mark, 9 hits control device))

He listens in on each of the new audio feeds for a little to see if he's getting any conversation. If not, he'll try another commlink.

Once he has successfully found and hacked a couple commlinks with people talking nearby, he loads up fly on the wall, and switches to AR. He sets an alarm to make his deck alert him when babymonitor detects his overwatch score above 33.

Then he contacts WuJen to compare notes on the locations of the commlinks Sam saw and the locations of people that WuJen saw. He shares one of the slaved mic audio feeds to WuJen for WuJen to monitor.

After comparing notes with WuJen, Sam sends the OpticX to circle the perimeter of the compound to try to get a view of the inside of the compound through a window. Sam is specifically interested in seeing into the windows of the master suite.

After monitoring the OpticX's flight, Sam gets back to working on Eula, listening to the second of the slaved audio feeds as he works.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:15 am

The commlinks seem to be mostly in pairs. 2 at the front door, 2 constantly circling outside the wall, 2 circling inside the wall, and then the remaining 4 are in the house, relatively near one another.

He randomly grabs one from the pair at the door and one from the pair outside the wall. Neither is particularly talkative. What chatter they do have seems like small talk about weekend plans, girls they met, and other assorted things that people talk about to pass the time. None of it appears relevant to the task at hand.

A fly around of the building doesn't reveal much you don't already know. The bedroom windows have curtains up, blocking any view of the interior. He can see into some of the other windows, but they are just a view of empty rooms (other than the furniture in them). He does notice one person wandering around the interior wall with incense who does not appear to have a commlink on him.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:35 am

Sam works on Eula until he gets an alert from baby monitor, or a shift switch
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:43 pm

It's about 2 shifts in when Sam's drone spots an unmarked van driving into the property. A woman with bindings and a black sack over her head is brought into the the building by two men dressed in black jumpsuits with ski masks on.

Listening over the comms Sam hears someone say, "He's done with the last one. Just set her down in the front room and someone'll take her in to him when he's ready for her."
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:32 pm

Sam jacks in to VR and goes back to the compound to watch the matrix space there.

He looks for commlinks that are approaching the master suite, where the woman has presumably been left in front of the door.

When he sees a commlink that is approaching the door, he hacks it and slaves its mic to hopefully be able to listen in on any interaction between the people on either side of the door.

Once the mic is slaved, Sam also checks for any devices on the guard that he may be able to get a video feed from. The commlink is almost certainly in the guard's pocket, so that probably won't give a picture of anything but pocket. Hopefully this guy has contacts or something.

((Max hits for marking and 8 hits for control device. I think current max is 9))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:16 pm

Sam manages to hack the commlinks and waits. And waits. And waits. Then decides to let Lycos take care of it before playing some video games and going to sleep sometime around 2 am. It is around 8 am when the alarm goes off and Sam just about snoozes through it. After the second alert or so, he groggily wakes up and listens in on the commlinks. As predicted, they are sitting in pockets so video is useless, but he hears  the following conversation:

"... alley. Doubt anyone will miss her."

"Alright I will get to work on her after breakfast. I trust no one has touched my natto?"

"Nobody wants your natto. Sit tight and I'll get it for you."

Some time passes, sounds of footsteps and movement.

"Here. You'd better get back to work. Boss says he has a client and the rest of the girls were stolen."

"Wouldn't be a problem if you could all do your jobs properly."

"Yeah, yeah. Pinkies were lost all around. Security is being tightened and the men know what's on the line. Won't happen again."

"See that it doesn't. I hate to see my work wasted."

A door closes
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:07 pm

Sam types a transcript of the dialogue that he just heard, and sends it to WuJen.

>>>>>>That is our best confirmation that NakaMats is in the master bedroom at the compound.
    >>>>>>Maybe we can access the bedroom from the exterior directly.
    >>>>>>Then we may not have to encounter too many of the Yamaguchi.
    >>>>>>I am suspicious of those windows.
    >>>>>>They are not barred.
    >>>>>>I think they are likely not normal windows.
    >>>>>>Maybe The Justice will have an idea to access the bedroom directly, if the windows are not normal windows.
    >>>>>>I am going to continue repairing Eula.
    >>>>>>Continue to monitor the audio feeds I send you.

Sam slaves another couple commlink microphones, sends a link to WuJen for one of the audio feeds, and listens in on the other one himself as he goes back to working on repairing Eula.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:11 pm

8/28

Another day of surveillance passes as Sam spends most of his time repairing Eula. An examination of the drone's footage reveals the following information of note:

- There are always at least 10 guards on the premises who are swapped out roughly every 8 hours.
    - A pair patrols outside the wall, circling clockwise, though this direction changes once an hour.
    - A pair patrols inside the wall, circling counter clockwise and like the outer pair they change direction once an hour so each pair is always circling in the opposite direction.
    - The pair at the front gate don't move, but are swapped out once every 2 hours by guards in the house.
    - During the day, assorted yakuza come by to visit for a short while. They mostly arrive on foot from the surrounding apartment buildings.
    - At night, there only appear to be the guards around, other than the first night when some yakuza dropped off a woman.
    - The man with the  incense stops doing what he was doing by sunset of the second day and departs.

Once Eula is repaired, Wujen and Sam arrange to meet up with The Justice at the noodle shop. They arrive on time but The Justice is nowhere to be found. At that point, Wujen receives a message from The Justice saying that he has arrived and that he is waiting in the alley behind the noodle shop. By the time Wujen can read the message, there is a terrified scream heard from behind the noodle shop. The staff and patrons make note to specifically ignore this.
    Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 14 Ramen shop
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:30 pm

At the Community Center
    Sam finishes repairing Eula, and powers her back on. When she opens her eyes, Sam says, "Hello Eula. In the future, do not be so cavalier opening a door when a person is behind it with a machine gun."

At the Noodle Shop

Sam sends Eula ahead to the alley to see what is happening back there. He follows a safe distance behind. (i.e. doesn't turn the corner down the alley)
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:50 pm

WuJen rushes to the alley, casting increase reflexes as be goes.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:15 pm

At the community center

Eula responds, "Understood."

Noodle Shop

Eula and Wujen make it to the alley just as the body of a battered young man comes flying out of it. In the alley stands a man dressed in black leather with a gasmask covering his features. His voice warbles, partially due to his face being covered by a mask, but just as much from a built in voice warper, "Evil fiend! The Justice shall bring down God's righteous fury upon ALL who defile His creation with unsavory mortal filth! Consider yourself fortunate to leave with only broken bones for your transgressions tonight!"

The masked man then reaches down to the ground to retrieve a discarded beer can and calmly places it in a nearby dumpster.
    Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 14 The Justice
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:13 pm

WuJen gives a mental request to Little Dragon to help the help the young man as he plants himself infront of The Justice. "I appreciate your enthusiasm, but this neighborhood requires a bit more nuance. Punishment should fit the crime, and you have wronged that man by inflicting far more punishment than his crime warranted. While you are in my territory and my invitation please restrain yourself. Besides, we have far more pressing matters to discuss. "
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:48 pm

The hooded figure responds, slowly growing more and more agitated as he does, "'Nuance'. 'Subtlety'. 'Shades of gray'. These words are the propaganda of the wicked which tempt the righteous into acts of evil, allowing it a foothold of legitimacy. Once it's roots slip into the foundations of society, it is only a matter of time before they spread; crumbling the society to pieces no matter how strong its foundation may have originally been.

"That fool's punishment DID fit his crime. He yet lives, does he not? He still has his freedom, does he not? He is now free to learn from his sins and repent them thanks to the divine flagellation of God. What other punishment could possibly be more appropriate? A fine? Such a 'punishment' is merely lucre to line the pockets of the so called 'law enforcers' of this city and serves as no deterrent to the wealthy, while the poor are forced into a debt they can never hope to repay. That is not justice! Justice cannot apply differently simply because the evildoer happens to have a larger number written in their bank account. That is a perversion of God's justice brought about by the greed of man."

He then takes a deep breath, calms down and says, "But you speak the truth of one thing. There are greater evils to pursue this night and no one can take on every evil at once. Battles must be chosen carefully as mortal resources are limited. My fists tingle in anticipation of bringing this evil to an end. Tell me more of this righteous task." 
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:34 pm

With the danger seeming to have passed, Sam steps into the alley.

"Hello, The Justice. I am Sam," he says.

He projects an image of the map of the compound for The Justice to see.

"Dr. NakaMats is being kept in the master suite. We have retrieved ten women that he has implanted with sophisticated pilot chips. The Yamaguchi are still bringing him more women to wipe their minds and implant chips into.
    There is an astral barrier around his room. There is a larger astral barrier around the whole of the compound.
    There are always at least 10 guards on the premises.
    A pair patrols outside the wall. The change direction once an hour.
    A pair patrols inside the wall. The change direction once an hour.
    The pair inside the wall patrol in the opposite direction as the pair outside the wall.
    The pair at the front gate do not leave the front gate."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:06 am

WuJen gives The Justice a sour look "So long as you can properly prioritize we won't have much trouble, though I'd like to continue this more later. You are dangerous if that's how you dispense your justice. "

" I am concerned that there are still innocent girls on the premises, and that we avoid injuring them if we can. I'm still on the fence about Nakamats himself. I don't think he would choose to do this if he were free, though he obviously doesn't feel much moral conflict about it. If the only way to stop him is to kill him, so be it.. do you have any ideas on how to proceed? "
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:03 pm

The hooded figure considers the information he is given and says, "You speak as though a mere ten mortal men would provide any hindrance to God's wrath. We practically outnumber them, provided we strike the guards while they are split up and avoid alerting the others. First the pair outside, then the gate guards followed by the inner perimeter guards. Two by two by two. Then the battle is merely four men versus ourselves. With the fiend's servants defeated, we need only send the foul fiend to his maker." 
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:30 pm

"Yes," Sam says. "The problem with that plan is disabling three sets of guards silently. If any of the six of them notice us before they are disabled, we will be quickly outnumbered. I would prefer to find a way to get directly to Dr. NakaMats with as little contact with the other guards as possible. Also, there is a fire spirit."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:01 am