Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+4
Sam Dekker
GameMaster
Tetsu
winkingchef
8 posters

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat?

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 Empty Re: Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat?

Post by GameMaster Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:01 pm

Nobu and Tetsu await outside for Sato as they receive his message. ((@Nobu - No problem. I figure that probably happens a lot with your job.))

Round 1, phase 2

Sam manages to get rid of one of the vaginas, but his opponent remains on the offensive, marking him again and severely damaging his deck! Smoke is slowly starting to fill the limo as Sam's deck sparks and sizzles. ((6 matrix damage))

Before any further damage can be done though, Sato pulls the datajack from the suspect's deck. He does not appear to have any prosthesis or makeup on, but he does release a feminine yelp of surprise due to abruptly being yanked into reality. The Xena poke does seem to have brought paralysis from the neck down, but consciousness remains.

((we can leave combat rounds for now))
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 Empty Re: Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat?

Post by Sam Dekker Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:19 pm

((I think that bricked me))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:27 pm

((You're right, I forgot to count up the first bit of matrix damage, and only totaled up 8. Sam's deck should be around 13 total now.))

The safety mechanisms on Sam's deck cause it to shut down to prevent catastrophic damage. However this results in some dump shock of his own. The shock to his system knocks him out cold.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:51 pm

((I only count 11, but that should still brick me))
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō

Post by winkingchef Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:51 pm

((Can our target speak?  I was hoping paralysis included silence so we could extract her with minimal fuss.  Presuming that is what happened))

Without breaking stride, Sato delivers a quick strike to paralyze his target and keeps walking down the aisle towards the restrooms in the back of the parlour.  He guides her body so that it appears she collapsed against the pachinko machine.

He messages Nobu "ready for the pickup?  I will make a distraction"
    McThunder
    McThunder

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Oakgu Nobunaka
    Physical Track: 0/14

Post by McThunder Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:11 am

Nobu responds "Ready" and slowly makes his way toward the target.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:03 am

The target, still paralyzed from the first strike, is not visibly affected by the second, but then one can only be so paralyzed and further strikes might start to shut down vital organs so it is probably best not to do that any further. While unable to move and still disoriented by dump shock, the target is awake and capable of talking. The coherency is somewhat limited though. Luckily the noise of pachinko basically means anything less than a full on shout is unlikely to be heard, much less noticed. The act of carrying a body out of the pachinko parlor is far more likely to attract attention than anything the paralyzed body could manage to do.

Given the noise of the place, whatever distraction Sato has in mind will have to be really flashy to capture the attention of the people inside.
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:46 pm

((I wasn't intending to hit her a second time, just following continuity for the sake of the story))

Sato walks into the bathroom, looks around to ensure there's no occupants and drops two smoke grenades, counting on the smoke to simulate a fire and leak out into the parlour to cause panic...and hence his distraction.

Leaving the bathroom, he messages Nobu : "I've set off smoke in the bathroom - once the panic starts, grab our target and carry her out the door in the chaos."  

Immediately after, he messages the driver to be ready for the pickup.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:04 am

Moments later, smoke billows from the bathroom and the fire alarm goes off! The sprinklers activate, causing people to scream and make their way to the doors.
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:05 am

Still disguised as a young woman, Sato is an island of calm in the chaos as he walks through the pachinko parlour.  

Half way to the front door, he pauses for a moment, using the endcap of a row of forgotten machines to shield him from the throng rushing to the door.

He lights a cigarette in one smooth motion.  It flares to life despite the downpour from the sprinklers.

Across the sea of panicing humanity, he spots the huge figure of Nobunaka standing head and shoulders above the rest of the crowd.

He makes eye contact and nods, then walks quickly to the door, trailed by a plume of smoke.

((time for the extraction and make sure to muzzle the target))
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:08 am

((Don't forget to grab her messenger bag))
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:29 am

((Good call. Sam’s deck is clearly cursed worse than our new home base))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:59 am

((but not worse than Wujen's dice))
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:14 pm

((have we lost Nobu again?  Can we autopilot him through the extraction?))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:08 pm

((seems so, I'll have Tetsu do it, since he's quit and I feel less guilty about botting him))

Tetsu, having left his ax behind in the limo so as not to cause any more issues by walking around with a giant axe, slips into the pachinko parlor and manages to grab the mark and slip out with the crowd. Soon you are all back in the limo and making your way off to anywhere but here.

Your mark remains paralyzed for the time being and can easily be dropped off at Cowboy HQ for your reward whenever you want it. Until then, (s)he remains conscious and alert enough to talk despite the paralysis.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:12 pm

((Do we know how long the paralysis lasts? Also, how's Sam doing? Did he take stun damage when he was knocked out? How knocked out is he?))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:14 pm

((it will last a minimum of an hour without healing. Likely much longer since Sato got such a solid strike on her while she was defenseless. If someone has a stim patch, Sam can be awake now. If not, then he will probably wake up before her paralysis wears off at any rate))
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:07 pm

Sato messages : “Lets meet in the limo. Bring her bag. I want to talk to her to see if there’s another way out of this without what surely is a death sentence.”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:39 pm

Everyone who hasn't already gathers into the limo, messenger bag included.
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:33 pm

A sleek limousine pulls up to the curb, it's unusually deep black making it look like a black hole carving through the supernova of humanity exploding out of the pachinko parlour.  

The squat, powerful form of Tetsu parts the river of panicked souls, an unconscious body slung across his broad shoulders, to all appearances the savior of an woman who succumbed to the vapors.

Sato rides the wave, not pushing through the crowd, but gliding with the surge, taking what it gives him.  As he approaches the limousine, the door slides open smoothly and he and Tetsu duck inside one after the other. 

As Tetsu deposits the form of the woman in the bench seat across from him, Sato mutters: "There's a stim patch for him in the medkit under the seat for him," and he nods to the slumped form of Sam next to him.  "Once he's up, have him look through her 'deck...carefully."

Sato then leans forward and starts to frisk Roku, looking for datachips and weapons.  His face is expressionless, an inch of ash forgotten on the end of his cigarette as he focuses on his task.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:45 pm

((Presumably, Tetsu applies the stim patch as requested))
    Sam's eyes flash open as the stim patch rips him from unconsciousness. His eyes well up as he struggles to fight back tears.

He curls up in a fetal position and whimpers. He's not having a full on meltdown, like before. But he's going to need a minute to compose himself.
    Though, he's still in the back of the limo, so he's probably curled up in his own dried saliva and mucus from before.

He reaches into his coat and pulls out his cyberdeck, which he clutches close to his chest and cuddles like a teddy bear.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:56 pm

((Sato probably wants to interrogate Roku, and so he likely will start while Sam is whimpering pathetically. So, Sato's next action might take place before Sam collects himself. But, in the interest of moving things forward...))

After a minute, Sam's pathetic whimpering stops. Another minute or so later, he sniffles and wipes his nose on his coat sleeve. He sits back upright and tries to key a few commands to his deck.

He frowns as he realizes that it is bricked. But, he doesn't lose his shit. Especially since there's another cyberdeck in the limo for him to play with. He picks up Roku's deck and keys in a few commands.

(( I'm going to do a couple rolls here, because I'm not really sure what I should be rolling. I want to know what deck I'm looking at. I think, work the customization available for cyberdecks, that will likely need a matrix perception. So, I'm going to roll a matrix perception to get just sort of a basic info of the deck.
    Is it safe to plug my data jack into another decker's deck? If there are traps that could be set that would be harmful to me plugging in, even though the deck is not currently locked and was being used before Roku was yanked out of it, I want to check for that. So, I'm going to roll a second matrix perception for that, in case the first one wouldn't cover it.

If that comes up safe, Sam plugs in to the deck and starts poking around. I'll do my rolls, and pick up there))
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:00 am

Sam Dekker carried out 12 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:07 am

Sam has found this whole situation fishy, from the start. The Cowboys seem more eager to be rid of Roku than they reasonably should be. True, she's been embarrassing them. But Cowboys, more or less, putting a hit out on someone? And they seemed particularly unwilling to discuss details of Roku's crimes when he asked back at the station. Now that he has her deck, maybe he can find out a little backstory as to what's going on here.

He doesn't really know what he's looking for, though. So, he's just poking around in folders and searching messages. Before opening any files, he checks them for data bombs.

((I'm not sure if this should be a matrix perception, or a matrix search roll for poking around the deck looking for something interesting. But, they're the same roll. So this is whichever one is the relevant roll. And then I'll make a separate post of just a bunch of matrix perception rolls to be used for looking for traps))

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:08 am

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 22 2

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:04 am