Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

4 posters

Downtime 5 - Sam

Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Downtime 5 - Sam - Page 3 Empty Re: Downtime 5 - Sam

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:50 pm

Sam replies to Emiko:
    >>>>>>Are you referring to the Skate or Die tournament?
    >>>>>>I am competing in that tournament.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 3/10

Post by Emiko Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:21 am

>>>>> you are?
    >>>>> of course you are!
    >>>>> I’m going to be there
    >>>>> good luck!
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:43 pm

There does not appear to be any activity on Yoshinari's phone other than texting directly to the burner phone. The next reply comes back significantly sooner than the last:

>>>>> Seriously, who is this?
    >>>>> Why would my father be held by the Yakuza?

Downtime 5 - Sam - Page 3 10hm-dragon
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:33 am

Sam doesn't immediately respond. He waits for up to a half hour to see what Yoshinari does with this information.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:24 pm

Over the next half hour, Sam's burner receives increasingly irritated messages as Yoshinari insists on knowing what the hell this is about and gets more and more angry that he's getting no response about it. By around the 15th angry text, he sends a text to his father:

>>>>> Hello father. Sorry for disturbing you. Are you home now?

Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:34 pm

Sam clips the video of Dr. Nakamats that Emiko sent to him and sends it to Yoshinari.

>>>>>>Your father is being held by the Yamaguchi.

The clip Sam sends shows Dr. Nakamats saying, "If the desire to live makes me insane, then so be it. I rather be insane than dead."

Sam follows up the clip with another message:

>>>>>>You should probably alert the Police.
    >>>>>>And the media.

Sam turns off the burner, but continues monitoring Yoshinari's commlink.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:21 pm

An hour passes with no activity. Then another. Thanks to the fly on the wall utility, Sam feels pretty safe about his monitoring but staring at a screen where nothing is obviously happening is getting kind of boring.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:13 pm

Bored by this manual monitoring of Yoshinari's commlink, Sam decides to automate the process.

He places two more marks on the commlink, to bring his total to three. (8 hits for each mark)

Then, he loads bootstrap into the memory of his deck, and uses it to write a little script into the boot sector of Yoshinari's commlink so that it will send Sam's deck a message when there is some activity, and also record the activity. (5 hits)

The script being written and loaded onto Yoshinari's commlink, Sam reboots the commlink. (5 hits)

Then, noticing his baby monitor showing a higher than desirable number, Sam reboots his own deck.

The key logger now set, Sam goes about his non-Yoshinari monitoring business.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:17 am

Sam calls the commcode Tammy gave him and connects with Akane Honda. She tells him to bring the pilots by hey garage.

Sam and Eula take a ride on his scooter over to Akane's garage, with the briefcase full of pilots.

Sam sells 27 of the remaining 29 pilots to Akane. She transfers the 270,000 nuyen into his account, and he transfers 99,666 nuyen into each of Emiko's and Tetsu's accounts.

Before leaving, Sam asks Akane for the autosofts and agility upgrades for Eula. (As noted being purchased previously)
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:01 pm

Sam sets up the commlink to receive alerts and seems pretty confident that he doesn't need to monitor things manually. About an hour later he gets an alert that Yoshinari is calling the police. He tells them that he's been getting strange phone calls about his father and asks them to check his home to see if he is alright. They say that they will and let him know what they find.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:07 pm

Sam takes note of Yoshinari's call to the police. Happy that Yoshinari has the police at least doing some amount of investigating, Sam goes back to his video games to wait for more activity from Yoshinari.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:35 pm

An hour later, Yoshinari receives a call from the police saying that Nakamats' house is empty but there is no evidence of a break in or kidnapping. Still, they ask if he wants to file a missing person's report. He decides to go down to the station to do so.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:47 pm

Sam decides that he would like to listen in to Yoshinari at the station. Here sets about hacking back in to Yoshinari's commlink to slave the microphone.

He loads fly on the wall and baby monitor back into memory, then hacks two marks onto Yoshinari's commlink.(9 hits, 6 hits)

When he sees that Yoshinari is close to the police station, he activates the microphone, so he can listen in. (4 hits)
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:35 am

There's about a half hour of assorted background sounds and the friction of Yoshinari's commlink rubbing against the fabric of his pocket. Eventually Sam hears voices, but they're muffled and distant. Sounds like he's being asked to fill out a form for a while. Some more ambient sound, some muffled talking and then the sound of the commlink being pulled out of the pocket. Yoshinari's voice becomes clearer and says, "... this is the one the messages were sent to."

Another voice says, "Alright, give us a few minutes to check it out."
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:27 am

Sam hurriedly places a third mark so that he can erase his presence from the commlink before it is examined. (8 hits)

He removes the key logger from the boot sector (7 hits).

Then he reboots his deck, to remove any presence of his deck from the commlink.

Unfortunately, he can't monitor the commlink anymore, either.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:22 am

As expected, he disengages from the commlink and no longer has a connection to it. As far as he knows, all traces of his activity on the commlink should be wiped from the system.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:34 pm

In another bearimy, Sam hears from Emiko about a new piece of cyberware she's had installedb that allows her to load any knowsoft that she wants straight into her brain, and a subscription to be able to stream pretty much any known knowsoft at will

Sam loves the idea of being able to know basically anything at any time, so looks into the device.

Even though he doesn't like surgery, because he is always afraid of the pain from recovery, and any possible complications during, he finds that the skilljack can fit into the same location that he currently has a datalock installed, which he has never used. He had the data lock installed because it was a prereq for a job that he had interviewed for, but didn't get.

Sam finds a doctor, and has his datalock replaced with the skilljack, and purchases a one month trial of the basic skillsoft network. (R1 skilljack. 12,000 nuyen total for device and monthly network. No essence change)
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:26 am

Downtime 5 - Sam - Page 3 15cm2c1Before long comes dinner with Auntie Muku. She answers the door with a notably different demeanor. Instead of her usual bombardment of personal questions, she gives him a long appraising look and says, "Oh. Hello, Sam. Hanako won't be joining us tonight. She has other engagements. Come in."

She then turns and walks into the house, not bothering to hold the door open for Sam as she normally does.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:30 am

Sam enters the house, followed by Eula. He walks to the dinner table and sits in his normal seat.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:36 am

"I have a question, Auntie," Sam calls out to his aunt ((Who I'm imagining is busying herself I'm the kitchen)) "What do you know about bunraku parlors?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:47 pm

Downtime 5 - Sam - Page 3 15cm2c1Auntie Muku clenches her hands at her side then turns to Sam and growls out, "You ditch my daughter for this toy and now you're looking around for BUNRAKU? What in the world has gotten into your head? Don't you care about Hanako's feelings AT ALL?! You broke her heart, you know that? And here you are, parading your robo girlfriend like it's nothing and looking for whores besides! Seriously, what has happened to you?!"
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:20 pm

"What do you mean?" Sam asks, sure that there must have been some simple miscommunication. "Girlfriend? You mean Eula? She is not a girlfriend. She is not even a human. She is just an anthropomorhpic droid. Of course I care about Hanako's feelings. I did not break her heart. She hurt her hand. And I wrapped it for her. And then she said she did not want to date me anymore. And I am not looking for whores. I am trying to help them."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:24 pm

Downtime 5 - Sam - Page 3 15cm2c1Auntie Muku pinches the bridge of her nose and says, "Sam... Sam... Sam... There is a lot you need to learn about how to treat a woman. We are going to take this slow because despite you being a very smart boy, you are in need of remedial courses when it comes to matters of the heart.

"Let's talk about this Eula. I don't know why you thought you needed to purchase such a thing, but let's take a look at it. It looks like a beautiful woman who is programmed to fulfill your every desire. Part of a relationship is taking care of one another. Hanako wanted to devote her life to you and take care of you. She was ready to tell you as much that weekend, but when you show up with a robot who can take care of you already, she felt replaced and cheated. Imagine you were playing one of your matrix games and were expecting a fair cooperative match, but your partner uses cheat codes and ends up winning everything without you. You were planning on having a good game together, but instead you are just watching as the cheater does everything themself. That's how Hanako felt. She wanted to play with you, but you denied her the opportunity by using cheat codes. I don't know what she told you about the matter, but you crushed her heart and now she's too proud to admit it.

"She won't say it directly, but I can guarantee that is why she is suddenly busy tonight. She's never once been busy for our dinners together. She always looked forward to them. For her to suddenly have things to do now is no coincidence. Now if you don't want a relationship with my daughter, so be it. I would however prefer that you leave the robot at home when you visit. I would also suggest you offer that girl a proper apology. And since subtlety is not your forte, I would also include a clear declaration about how you feel about her and any chances of a relationship going forward."
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:17 pm

"No," Sam says. "I do not think it is like that at all. It is like if I played a game with someone, and they brought a new NPC that helped us both in the co-op game. Hanako was upset when she saw Eula at first, but then I explained and she understood. And then she said that we should break up. Why would she say that if she did not want to break up with me?

I think that you must be mistaken about Hanako. I will call her and straighten everything out.

But, right now I need to talk to you about bunraku parlors.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:30 am

Downtime 5 - Sam - Page 3 15cm2c1Auntie Muku sighs and says, "Pride, Sam. She didn't want to appear desperate for someone who wasn't interested in her. She was embarrassed by the situation and was trying to save face.

"Now why do you insist on talking about bunraku parlors? They're filthy places where the only thing you will get out of them is a disease. Please tell me you aren't planning on patroning one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:08 pm