Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+4
Sam Dekker
GameMaster
Tetsu
winkingchef
8 posters

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat?

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 Empty Re: Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat?

Post by GameMaster Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:57 pm

People are slowly filtering out at the moment as Akane says, "The meetings are every week, so see you next week, I guess..." and turns to leave.

((people are coming out in clumps of one to three people at a time. You will have to delay her for a few minutes or try to time your attack in between people shuffling out to get her without someone seeing))

Meanwhile Sam works on getting back into the system while Nobu and Tetsu are hidden in the closet. Given that there is a crowd walking out, it is best they sit in there anyway. He manages to get a mark on the system. He can continue editing the video, though there is no need currently of keeping Nobu and Tetsu out since they are hidden. The question becomes what to do about Sato and Akane. As they have both been seen by witnesses, editing them out entirely would be problematic if anyone reviews the footage. The feed could be simply cut entirely, if desired. Or Sam could come up with some other way of dealing with it.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 Empty Re: Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat?

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:10 pm

((Sam should be back in the system and accruing OW already by now. My intent was to check overwatch, and then reset. So, Sam checked twenty minutes ago, and then reset the deck about 15 minutes ago and then got back in. There was no reason to be editing them out in real time, as they were making their presence known and not acting sneaky in the first place. I don't see why it would be any more complicated to go back and edit them out, if that's what we want to do, than it would be to do that any other time that Sam has gone back and edited people out of footage?))
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:12 pm

((But, with their level of involvement, them just not being in the video would be just as suspicious as them being there anyway. I guess that was your point?))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:16 pm

((yes, that was my point. ))
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:28 pm

If Sam can edit the footage to cut out Sato and Akane and also look, to a casual observer, like it hasn't been edited, then he does that. If someone is reviewing the footage specifically to see what happened, then it will be suspicious. But if someone is just casually checking footage of the security camera, they probably wouldn't notice that two people are missing.

If cutting Sato and Akane out of the footage would make it so a person looking at the video would notice something weird, then he'll just cut the meeting and replace it with footage of one of the past SA club meetings.

The goal is to not have a casual observer want to look more closely, and also not to leave behind evidence of Sato for people to check on him later, other than the participants' recollections.
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō

Post by winkingchef Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:42 pm

When there's a moment for them to be alone, Sato catches her shoulder as she turns to leave.  His grip is intentionally hard and dominant but he disguises it as desperation.

"Will you pray with me?  My perverted deeds have made me feel so far from the church and I could use extra help."

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 Embed?X36732076
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:22 pm

((@Sam - He can do either one. Just let me know what his plan is.))

Akane reflexively pulls her arm away, surprised by the sudden contact. She then says, "It would not be a good idea for us to be alone together. Perhaps I can get one of our male members to pray with you? I am sure Father Thomas would be more than happy to do so."
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:04 pm

"I...I...I apologize...I don't know what came over me," Sato stammers.  "I apologize, I need to get my head right."  

Sato goes off towards the direction people are coming from.  Since she's right outside the room, he hopes to distract the remaining people enough so that Nobu and Tetsu can grab her.

((Is the coast clear enough?  If so, he sends the signal))
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:32 pm

Sam edits Sato and Akane out of the footage.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:38 pm

((Alright, everyone give me initiative))
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:46 pm

10+
    Sam Dekker carried out 3 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 4
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:49 pm

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 Embed?X36735378

Sato hopefully is down the hall by now, but he's ready.

((hot sim initiative is 4d6+Data Processing))
    Tetsu
    Tetsu

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tetsu
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/11

Post by Tetsu Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:24 am

Tetsu carried out 3 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 5
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:28 pm

((Muscle guys, given her cyber-ware, you may want to consider using edge to either act first or Blitz. We should not jump her unless the coast is clear))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:39 pm

((@Sato - pretty sure Sam is doing cold sim since hot sim is addicting and more dangerous

Also Sam has analyzed her cyberware. She doesn't have wired reflexes, reflex enhancers, or any other kind of cyberware that would make her faster. While it is possible that she has some kind of bioware that does it which he may have missed as bioware would not be connected to her commlink, her enhancements seem to be primarily focused on things that are cosmetic or useful in sexual encounters (both real and virtual) ))

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:33 pm

((While we wait for the last init, here's what there is to see so you can all give me what you plan on your first actions to be))

Sato looks around for a good opening in the exiting traffic and thinks he sees one when he gives the signal to the others. Just as he does though, he can hear Father Thomas talking to someone in the classroom, about to come out. Sato has enough time to intercept the priest and whoever he is talking to if he hurries, but Tetsu and Nobu have already opened the door, ready to grab Akane, so it is too late to stop them.

Meanwhile as Sam is editing everyone out of the footage, one of the angels finally spots him and alerts several others to drive him out by playing some notes on its harp. There is an angelic chorus of "HAAAALLELUJAH!" followed by a heavenly light, then two angels with long branding irons and two with golden chains appear in the matrix. ((remember that either you or Jeeves has to spend a complex action each combat turn (not pass) to keep the single camera feed edited))

Initiatives so far:
    22 - Tetsu
    19 - Sam
    13 - Sato
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:52 pm

"Fuck... What a conveniently inopportune time for them to have found me running silent," Sam says, pulling dual pistols from his coat. "Jeeves, keep the camera edited," he says as he opens fire on the angels.

((Presumably, real time editing of this video feed only matters if there's someone actively monitoring it. Do we have any reason to be believe that either someone would be monitoring it, or else that there is a different reason real time editing would matter?))

((I think my deck was probably set to D7 F7 S5 A4. If I can, I'd like to switch it to A7 F7 S5 D4, but I think commanding Jeeves was a free action already.))

Sam Dekker carried out 15 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 4
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:54 pm

((Guess it doesn't matter if I rearranged the deck or not.))
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:44 am

Sato hurries into the meeting room with an estatic expression on his face, rushes up to the priest and grips his arm in gratitude, drawing him subtly back into the meeting room and hopefully drawing some attention from the mingling SA members.  

He starts speaking excitedly - fast and a little louder than normal.  

"Father, I just went out there to pray for the first time in years.  I had the most wonderful revelation.  I saw a vision, father. It was Mary Magdalene ((or equivalent whore-turned-good in this faith)).  She came to me and spoke to me.  She offered me comfort and advice.  It's a miracle father!...it reminds me of when I was a boy and a priest much like yourself gave me guidance...."

((he is using an adept power called Enthralling Performance which uses the net successes on his Con check as a threshold for anyone's perception checks))  

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 Embed?X36752471

((1 edge to reroll failures))

Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 Embed?X36752477

((keep 6 successes))
    McThunder
    McThunder

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Oakgu Nobunaka
    Physical Track: 0/14

Post by McThunder Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:52 am

Initiative: 7 +

McThunder carried out 1 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 1
    McThunder
    McThunder

Runner Dossier

Post by McThunder Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:56 am

((Ha! Picking my nose while shit hits the fan. smh))
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:23 am

((Nobu and Tetsu, say what you want to do on your first turn))
    McThunder
    McThunder

Runner Dossier

Post by McThunder Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:39 am

So, Nobu seizes Akane by the neck and squeezes(To avoid her screaming) and secures her arms with his other arm, and moves as quick as possible back into the closet.

[/((GM, roll for grapple?))
    McThunder
    McThunder

Runner Dossier

Post by McThunder Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:54 am

To grab her:

McThunder carried out 12 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 3 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 6 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 4 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 5 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 1 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 2 , Mission 2a - What's New Pussycat? - Page 7 2
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:25 am

((Given the initiative order, I will spend another point of edge to Seize the Initiativve and go first in the round))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:02 pm