Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+6
Sam Dekker
winkingchef
Torpor
RafV
WuJen
GameMaster
10 posters

Downtime after mission

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Downtime after mission - Page 2 Empty Re: Downtime after mission

Post by GameMaster Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:58 pm

WuJen wrote:I can do a ritual up to force 12, like spellcasting?

yes. You don't want the whole group soaking up the drain of a force 12 ritual. That can be potentially lethal (you all take drain equal to the number of hits on a force x 2 check). Strictures will lower the force of the ritual, reagents lower the drain. You need force drams of reagents to lower the drain by 1. So if you get the force down, you will also be using a lot fewer reagents, partially because each point of drain avoided is cheaper, and also because there will be less drain overall to avoid.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:02 pm

WuJen wrote:It seems the lodge isn't needed for the ritual.  You can use reagents to make a temporary lodge, which reduces the price considerably.

Not sure if you have to have the lodge to have a group though.

You can do it with a temporary lodge, but lodges are useful for all sorts of magic, and provides a useful mana barrier if you guys need a respite from magical assailants, so might as well invest in a permanent one since it doesn't cost all that much to do. You certainly don't have to if you don't want one though.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by WuJen Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:19 pm

For Sure, I might one day actually bind a spirit or something.  Lodges are useful.  But if we want to start the group now and the chunk of NuYen isn't available, then just using reagents to make the Foundation is pretty negligible.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:20 pm

In case you are wondering about the relative cost, temporary lodges are 1 reagent per force, and 1 reagent is 20 nuyen. So the most you have to spend on it is 240 for the ritual (if you don't lower it beyond force 12) vs potentially 6,000 for the permanent version. Time is also an issue. Temporary ones take 1 hour per force while permanent ones take 1 day per force. If you need to move a permanent lodge, you can, you just take the same time to take it down as you did to put it up, and then have to put it back up again.

Temporary lodges last until sunrise/sunset.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:58 pm

During the time after your previous mission, the lot of you occasionally meet up at the noodle shop to talk about possible job opportunities, discuss the magical group you plan on forming, try to come up with a name and other assorted activities. The owners of the noodle shop are happy to have you there and your meals are on the house. Wujen even has a dish named after him: the Wujen "Guts" Soba. It is a bowl of soba noodles in miso broth with wakame seaweed, chashu pork, a heaping helping of garlc (to ward of vampires), and what appears to be edible glitter which makes the whole thing look like a magical mess.

While there, you get a group call from Michiko saying, "I hope you guys are enjoying your fame. We have been having lots of calls to the station from people who want to help you guys do what you do. Most of them are kind of wacky, but two of them seem like they might have skill sets that are useful to your profession. If you want, I can send them by wherever you are for you to interview. Or I can just send them on their way. One appears to be a combat medic and the other is some kind of dwarven blade master, I guess? He has a big, scary-looking axe anyway. What should I do with them?"
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 2 / 10

Post by Torpor Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:15 pm

Torpor seems lost in thought, "Tell her to send them over we can always use a medic. How about HydraH for a name? "
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:21 pm

WuJen nods at the mention of more help, and looks thoughtful "I guess it depends on what kind of work we want to attract.  I didn't mind the business with the Jiangshi, though some things I've heard that freelancers like ourselves don't sound nearly as wholesome"

"Paracritter Pest Control?", "Freelancers?", "Ronin?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:21 pm

Michiko nods and says, "Alright, I will send them along to that noodle shop we met at before. You can vet them there. Thanks again for your help with the story."

About a half hour later, a dwarf and an ork walk into the noodle shop, and this is somehow not the setup for a fantasy-themed joke.

((cue new players))
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by winkingchef Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:01 pm

Sato is up for helping people find gear using his negotiation skills.

He's also up for joining the magical group whenever as he will want to initiate for more power points sooner rather than later, but he will not be interested in living there (he has other responsibilities).
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:21 pm

Sato spends a few hours of the downtime each on two contact-related tasks:

(1) He brings one of the two peaches to his kyodai, wrapped in an elaborate furoshiki and makes a full report, complete with video footage.  In his description, he downplays his own role in it, but the TV footage no doubt shows a human male in a long coat that is very likely him). When the Jiangshi's head becomes available, he will send it in a sealed glass box - proof of his mission (even though they believe his story and the news, he promised them proof so he will deliver).

((He considers an in-person report part of his duty to his kyodai and is appropriately humble in his thanks for any hint of the favor mentioned in the wrap up))

(2) He spends a few hours to visit Prof Morikami at Mingmei University during his office hours.
    He brings one of the peaches he bought from Sun and the Jiangshi's hat, each wrapped in an elaborate furoshiki.  In addition to the gifts, he thanks him for his advice and guidance and provides a detailed (printed) report complete with photos taken from the footage of the capture of the beast.  If possible, he will get anything Mikuzume offers as the result of the research ((though I suspect she/it will be silent))

((he is looking to gain Prof Morikami as a contact))
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:18 am

Sam spends a lot of time gaming. He participates in a StarCraft 5 Tournament.
    ((Rolling logic+cyber combat to see how he does in the tournament))
    Sam Dekker carried out 15 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime after mission - Page 2 5 , Downtime after mission - Page 2 2 , Downtime after mission - Page 2 5 , Downtime after mission - Page 2 5 , Downtime after mission - Page 2 4 , Downtime after mission - Page 2 1 , Downtime after mission - Page 2 3 , Downtime after mission - Page 2 1 , Downtime after mission - Page 2 1 , Downtime after mission - Page 2 2 , Downtime after mission - Page 2 6 , Downtime after mission - Page 2 5 , Downtime after mission - Page 2 4 , Downtime after mission - Page 2 2 , Downtime after mission - Page 2 6

He also follows through with his promise to meet Auntie Muku for dinner the following week. It is equally uncomfortable and embarrassing and adorable a scene as it was last time.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:34 am

Oh. He also stops by a Walgreens and picks up a med kit, because I forgot to get one at chargen
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi

Post by Valacan Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:51 am

For those who are looking outside the noodle shop there is an orc standing in front looking up at the sign nodding his head then proceeds to walk into the shop. As i walk in i look at everyone whom i pass and to see if the guys I saw on tv are here. If and when I see one of the guys I will walk up to him(Wujen) and say...."excuse me I'm sorry for bothering you but I was wondering if you guys were looking for extra help?
    Tetsu
    Tetsu

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tetsu
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/11

Post by Tetsu Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:57 pm

Tetsu arrives at the noodle shop. As he walks through the entrance, he scans the room looking for the group he spoke to Michiko about. while walking toward the group, he examines the rest of the noodle shop looking for potential threats. Not noting anything too sinister, he makes his way towards the group and says "I saw what you did on the news. If you have anything else planned, I'd like to be involved... If you want me."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:06 pm

Oh poop, yeah! The peaches! 200 per peach, for 8 peaches, right? How do we divide that?
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:02 pm

WuJen looks up from his noodles at the 2 newbros "Good Morning Chummers, have a seat and let's share some noodles.  We got a message to expect you and your bonafides have preceded you."

Gesturing with his chopsticks at some empty chairs, he continues on "I'll be honest, we didn't exactly plan the events you saw in the screamsheets, though we are taking steps to become a benevolent resource in the community.  You should be aware that while we are interested in making a living, profit is not our primary motivation.  You might see some cred, but mostly you will see good works being done because the powers that be are too busy watching their own profits."

In AR he passes them both the latest flyer design for the 5ECC.  "This is what we are currently looking to start.  It provides a point of contact for those who might seek our services, and possibly a shelter for when things like the Jianshi come stalking from the shadows.  Everyone who works with us will be expected to help support the Center in some way.  You will be a part of this, and your input will be welcome as well.  I don't expect to be anyone's boss, but rather to have partners.  The good news is that we are not yet established, though we do have a property in mind and are drawing up plans even now.  Do you still want in?"
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:11 pm

Torpor nods to Wujen's comments and adds,  "While the community center is not our primary goal it will allow us to help the masses while giving us the potential to do more as well. More than a couple of us have an invested interest in this,  but we would like everyone to be involved by choice. "
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:30 pm

I nod with approval and smerk. "Well it's great to hear this...I'm ichigo." Grabs a chair and sits at the table and motions for some noodles.
    Tetsu
    Tetsu

Runner Dossier

Post by Tetsu Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:59 pm

Tetsu nods to the others "In". He sits down in the remaining chair, positioning it so he can survey the entire room, and orders some noodles.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:28 pm

"Obviously we will be taking paying work from private individuals. We don't have public funding and most of those who would need the help of the community center are SINless, the sort of people the powers that be don't give a frag about."

"The tide raises all ships though. We can help others by helping ourselves, and in so doing maybe get some positive Qi into all our lives."
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:53 pm

Ichigo looks at WuJen and says "I'm a medic with some combat experience a few other skills"
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:30 pm

Torpor chuckles, "We could definitely use a medic among us. I only dabble, if that. "
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:53 pm

Sato sits in the chair furthest from the aisle, next to the window.  A smaller bowl than his colleagues sits empty in front of him and he is leaning back in his chair.  His hand sits on the windowsill, holding a half-smoked cigarette so the thin trail of smoke drifts lazily outside to not disturb anyone.

At first glance, his unstained clean-pressed black suit is meticulously average, but on closer inspection, it becomes clear that it is custom tailored and of the finest quality.  His clothing makes him stand out from the ragtag crew, but he has an easy smile and jokes and laughs with the little crew in a familiar manner.

"Welcome.  I hear you are interested in joining our little family.  We are humbled by your interest.  We're pretty easy going, but we have had to make a few rules recently that we should go over with you."

He pauses and leans forward to stare at each of the newcomers with a serious expression.

"Are either of you a bat-shit crazy elf woman?"

After a few heartbeats, he breaks the silence by throwing his head back and barking a laugh, his teeth gleam exceptionally white in the dimly-lit noodle shop.

Last edited by winkingchef on Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tetsu
    Tetsu

Runner Dossier

Post by Tetsu Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:07 pm

Tetsu examines Sato carefully, puzzled by this comment. After a moment he responds "Well I'm certainly no elf woman, but Bat shit crazy, maybe" and his lips twitched into a half smile.
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:55 pm

"Not since the last time i checked !! Lol" "so what are these rules?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content