Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+2
Fuchou 复仇
Valacan
6 posters

Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy

Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 4 Empty Re: Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:46 pm

Sam begins sifting through the emplyee files that he acquired. He forwards them around to Fuchou, WuJen, and Ichigo.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:40 pm

The files include a thorough list of factory workers. Roughly about 60 of them. There are also 2 managers and 2 security guards, the latter of whom seem to only be around at night to shoo away the occasional trouble maker. They are clearly not representative of the actual amount of security you all have observed at the factory.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by WuJen Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:08 pm

After WuJen and Sam discuss things, it's decided that it would likely be best to you in at night, as there is less risk of collateral casualties.

WuJen waits until nightfall and then returns to the plant in astral space to watch who comes and goes. He pays particular attention to vehicles, astrally aware guards, and any sort of comings and goings from the suspect area of the storage room
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:49 pm

Meanwhile, while WuJen is floating around like a ghost, Sam picks one of the managers and hacks a mark onto his commlink. He browses through the past month of messages, looking for anything about the increased security.

He moves on to the next manager, doing the same thing.

Once he's through with the managers' commlinks, he chooses five random workers and does the same.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:36 pm

Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 4 317dtexYou all get a group call from Michiko. "Hey guys," she says, "I was talking to a contact of mine and he seems interested in helping out. I'll connect him through if you guys want the extra help."
    Takeda

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:
    Physical Track: /
    Stun Track: /

Post by Takeda Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:08 am

Message incoming...
    Connecting...

>>>>> Good evening!
    A mutual acquaintance of ours suggested I should get in contact with you to offer my assistance in the reacquisition of certain lost or stolen goods. If that be the case, perhaps we should meet and discuss all further details in person?
    I know of a nice little spot in a nice quiet area that would be adequately suitable for such a meeting. They make the best okonomiyaki I've ever had, and their mochi are simply to die for! Please, feel free to message me back if you're interested. <<<<<<<<

Disconnecting.....
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:53 pm

Sam, recognizing the commcode that Michiko presumably included in her previous missive, responds to the message.

>>>>>>Okay.
    >>>>>>Send location data.
    >>>>>>Will meet you tomorrow at 14:30.
    Takeda

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Takeda Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:34 pm

Kreecher forwards the location info and the group meets at the appointed time. During the meeting, after all the proper introductions had been made and all the vital information of the mission parameters were given, Kreecher explains his plan to coerce one of the local street gangs into attacking the cannery as a diversion for the group. However, the group expresses their reluctance to his plan due the good working relationship the group has with some of the gangs, and the general lack of faith in the other gangs' willingness to stick to the plan and not double cross the group.
    Instead, they all agree to discuss further options.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:08 pm

Wujen

At night, Wujen projects about the factory. He sees definitely more of a guard presence than the records suggest. One mage and about another dozen other men. The mage doesn't seem to be watching astral space, but Wujen keeps hidden from him, just in case. Around 2 am, an expensive looking black car drives up and a man steps out of the vehicle with a spirit accompanying him. They go into the storage room and open up a panel in the floor which leads to some basement level though Wujen does not dare get close enough to see what is being done to open it for fear of being seen by the spirit. The man descends, leaving the spirit behind to wait outside, so Wujen leaves the room to be safe. About thirty minutes later the man emerges with two women and heads into the car with the spirit in tow before driving away.

Sam

Sam cracks some commlinks with ease and takes a look inside for any mention of the beefing up in security. The workers each have a mass e-mail stating that there will be a temporary government mandated increase in security as the military believes there may be a terrorist attempt to get poison into the fish and that the workers should keep their eyes open for anyone suspicious but should otherwise work normally.

The managers  have an e-mail stating that the owner will temporarily be using the basement storage for personal use and providing extra security to guard the factory during that time. No one is to go in the basement during that time and that some excuse should be made to the employees to explain the increase in security.

The next day

Everyone meets up with the new associate the following day to both meet him, discuss plans and see how/if he fits into them...
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:41 am

WuJen enters the Noodle Shop with Little Dragon at his side. Stopping at the counter to order a meal, they settle in seats at the table to discuss business with Michiko's contact.

"Good afternoon. We hear you are interested in helping with a matter we are looking into. If I might ask, what is your interest in this?"
    Takeda

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Takeda Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:43 pm

Kreecher beams his most winning smile at the two sitting across from him and says,
    "Michiko explained this was for a good cause, which as we all know means there's no money in it. I suppose this is the reason you ask about my motives?"
    "Let's just say I could use some good karma, so I decided to play the samaritan." He quickly continues, "What they're doing to those women is wrong on every level. I want to help put an end to it."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:43 pm

"I ask because what we are about is dangerous, runs afoul of the Yamaguchi, isn't well known *and* doesn't pay. I'll be honest, we could use the help, but this may be more quixotic than normal, even for me."

"So, you have any questions for us?"
    Takeda

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Takeda Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:52 pm

"Just need a rundown of all pertinent info you two have been able to suss out so far and what plan of action you've come up with." he picks up a mochi and takes a bite before continuing, "I'm aware it will be dangerous and difficult, however the only thing that worries me is that we're dealing with the biggest Yakuza outfit in the Nine Isles. I imagine our lifespans will be artificially shortened if they can identify us."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:55 pm

"There will certainly be a price to pay. If not want to pay odds on them not knowing who has acted against them. Still, some things just need to get done."
    Takeda

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Takeda Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:09 pm

"Agreed. So, when does this party get started?" he finishes his meal and places his hashi in his inside breast pocket, a very determined expression coming over his face. "I'll get the bill. Would you be so kind as to leave a tip?"
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:41 pm

When Sam and WuJen eventually both return from their extra-body excursions, WuJen tells Sam about the security that he incorporeally witnessed. WuJen suggests that the Yamaguchi guards may have some more information that would be useful on their commlinks.

Sam jacks back in, and hacks into a representative sample of 3 of the guards' commlinks to see what info he can find. (buying 6 hits)
    Takeda

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Takeda Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:40 pm

After the meeting Kreecher makes his way home to prepare his gear and also tries to contact Dr. Harrison to see what he knows about this Bunraku business.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:54 pm

Sam

Sam quickly gets into a few of commlinks. They appear to be strictly work issued and don't have a whole lot on them. The call logs show they only have been used with one another. Messages seem to be group orders describing the guard routine for the night that has already been observed. They are under strict orders to keep a particularly tight eye on the storage room and to kill any intruders on sight.

The commlinks themselves appear to be rating 5 devices. So, fairly secure and sophisticated compared to the others he'd hacked earlier, but not top of the line. From their PANs, he can see they have some cyberware registered. Some of the things listed include cybereyes and low level wired reflexes. These are clearly not the rent-a-cop variety of guard that Sam and Emiko had encountered at the previous factory.

Kreecher

Dr Harrison's face appears on the display. After initial greetings, he is asked about bunraku and he says, "Well, it is a natural progression of personafix chips and the sex trade, I'm afraid. What did you want to know about them?"
    Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 4 Ff66id
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:58 pm

The next night, Sam and Eula find a safe spot close enough to the plant to avoid noise, and Sam jacks in while Eula stands watch over him. He hacks a mark onto the host and prepares to re-enter the fish tank. (10 hits limited to 7)
    Takeda

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Takeda Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:38 am

Kreecher gets to the point and asks the Doc everything he knows about Nakamats. He also asks if there have been any rumors within the cyberware community hinting at where Nakamats currently is, or if the Doc knows anyone who might have this info. Kreecher reminds the Doc to be careful how he asks his questions, that he should avoid arousing undue suspicion.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:02 pm

Fuchou calls Tammy and tells her about the women being held as sex slaves and asks her what types of transport she would recommend and could deploy there along with the costs.

He also puts a kanmushi close to the outside of the plant and spends time gradually sneaking it closer and closer to the factory hoping to find a way in, hiding and sneaking being as careful as possible not to get caught.
    Takeda

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Takeda Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:41 pm

After having received all the info he was going to get from Dr. Harrison, Kreecher sends Ami Yumi a message. He tells her to expect him tonight so he can ask her and the waitstaff questions about whether or not any of the Yamaguchi hang out there, and that he will stick around to try and possibly listen in on a conversation or two.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:28 pm

Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 4 2qth6k7Kreecher

Dr Harrison says, "Nakamats has been missing for months. He used to be on the trideo every day with some new invention of his, but no one's seen word of him since around five or six months ago. More maybe? I don't know, I don't really keep close tabs on the man. Cyberware isn't really his specialty. He has just been dabbling in it lately for some of his new inventions. As I recall, he recently created a 'mood maker' as he called it, that supposedly allowed one to control their own libido through their commlink. 'Turn yourself on or off with the touch of a button!' he said. The man is a strange one. Anyway, no I've no idea where he is nor who else would. Most suspect he is locked away at home working on whatever his next invention is."

-----

Ami Yumi says, "Well, the lowlife riffraff don't come by. We mostly cater to upscale clientele. I'm not personally aware of any Yamaguchis coming to my club. The Sumiyoshis sometimes come by for protection money, so I would assume the club is not within Yamaguchi territory, but I do not really keep track of the comings and goings of street thugs. We make more than enough to pay the protection money and the Sumiyoshis haven't caused any trouble for us, so I suppose it is money well spent."
    Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 4 Ff66id
    Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 4 Fish_wallpaper_background_2730-770x472Sam

Sam easily gets into the host. More so than usual. As before the host is an aquarium, with various fishes representing the connected systems. The system appears to have calmed down since yesterday, which is a good thing. The only IC currently visible is the goldfish looking around for intruders.
    Fuchougou

Tammy says, "Dealing with them girls again eh? Hope it works out better than last time. Now the last time I got called out, I was asked to drive, then to bring a vehicle later. You sure the only thing you need is a vehicle? Because I can get you a shipping truck easily enough if you give me a day or two, but I'm not gonna haul my butt out to get shot at in the middle of the night at the last minute. Anyway, 100 nuyen to rent the truck, but you have to pay for any repairs needed after. Otherwise you can pay 1,000 and not worry about it. Which will it be?"
    Mission 6d - Mission of Mercy - Page 4 Pc_humanfemale_damianszydlo
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:32 pm

Sam proceeds to place a mark on one of the drones to see what it is programmed to do. (10 hits to place a mark, limited to 7)
    Takeda

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Takeda Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:42 am

Kreecher heads to the cannery on his motorcycle to wait for the guards to change shifts, in order to tail them and see where they go after work.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:34 am