Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

3 posters

Mission 5a - i-Sexbot

Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 3/10

Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 Empty Re: Mission 5a - i-Sexbot

Post by Emiko Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:51 pm

Emiko, with her agents she has named Garuda and Gamma Bunta, attempts to hack the file now that she feels it is safe to open.

Hack on the Fly in Hot Sim
    Garuda: 2 hits
    Bunta: 5 hits
    HOTF in HS: 7 hits
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:52 pm

Seeing the Gremlins have spotted him, Sam realizes the jig is up. Time to skedaddle.

But, he decides he wants to try having the agents give one more command to the subterranean drones. He has Jeeves help Lycos to command the drones to spin their blades and fly full speed to attack one of the closed doors.

He also continues recording the drone's video feed, paying special attention to the locking mechanism on the doors. (7 hits)

As soon as the agents carry out the command, Sam jacks out safely.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:07 pm

The drones head straight at one of the doors, but their blades only do minor damage. Sam makes note that the door has a maglock on it that is operated by pin code sequence before changing over to AR mode and jacking out of the matrix. His system reboots, erasing his marks and severing any connection he had to the host.

Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 1
    Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 330px-NakamatsuEmiko struggles a little with the encryption, but manages to crack it. Soon she has the files open and is browsing through them. Of the 8 personell, 5 appear to be security guards, two are listed as assistants while one man is listed as a research head. The research head's name is Dr Yoshiro Nakamatsu and his assistants are Hejiro Nakagawa and Shutaro Kureyama. If the records are correct, it seems that the three of them live in the factory as that is the address currently listed under current address. The files themselves don't really have a whole lot of information on any of the employees beyond contact info.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:22 am

Sam opens his eyes, and sees Emiko and Eula where he left them minutes earlier when he jacked in.

"That went surprisingly well," he says to Emiko. "We can leave here now."

They gather their things and leave the nautical love room, paying their tab on the way out, and get into Emiko's car to head back to the community center.

Sam shares the video feeds that he recorded from the drones, and describes the other nodes and information that he discovered. When Emiko shares the personnel files, Sam realizes that three of those doors that he found must be bedrooms of the three research heads.

Sam does matrix searches for each of them on the off chance there might be some info out there that he can learn about the people living in a hole in this sex-bot factory.

Sam Dekker carried out 19 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 4 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 4 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 2 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 4 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 3 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 3 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 2 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 3 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 2 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 3 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 5
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:30 am

It also occurs to Sam that this underground factory is unusual, and probably took some doing to build. He's seen old episodes of Better Call Saul. Underground factories don't just happen.

He checks to see if the factory is zoned to have a significant underground portion, like it seems to. He attempts to pull up floor plans of the building on Zillow.

If he finds that the factory isn't supposed to have such a large underground portion, he searches for noted disturbances in the area in the past that may have been the construction of the underground factory and living area.

((I don't know what the roll for this should be, so just going with matrix search))

Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 4 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 2 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 2 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 3 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 4 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 2 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 2 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 2 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 4 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 2
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:31 pm

Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 330px-NakamatsuSam easily finds some info on Dr Yoshiro Nakamatsu. In fact, there's almost too much of it as he seems to be somewhat famous, at least in some circles. Also known as "Dr. NakaMats", he is both a medical doctor as well as a prolific inventor. Some accounts quote him as having over 3500 patents for his various inventions, placing him well in world record holding status. His first and most famous invention was a hand pump used to siphon soy sauce out of extremely large containers, though he claims to have invented the datachip as well.

He was known to regularly appear on trid and radio shows where he would explain his latest weird invention, but in recent years has stopped doing that. From old interviews, supposedly he does some fantastically bizarre things to encourage his creativity process such as diving underwater to the point of almost drowning, which is when he comes up with his best ideas. He also seems to have a "calm room" which consists of a bathroom constructed with no nails and tilled in 24 carat gold, so as to block out wireless energy waves and allow himself to think. What the 90 year-old celebrity inventor is doing living in the basement of an unused factory is anyone's guess.

As for the two assistants, not much is to be found about them. They appear to be college students, but other than a handful of social media pictures, Sam finds nothing particularly interesting about them.

A search for disturbances is less successful in finding anything specifically useful. However the Yamaguchi are known to be adept at sōkaiya, which is a kind of blackmailing of large businesses, usually for profit, but occasionally for favors. They are known to perform sōkaiya on construction companies, allowing them to do occasional construction off the books. Many of their places have secret hidden rooms thanks to this. If anyone could build a small basement under a factory without causing too much fuss, it is the Yamaguchi. The only real way to see if anyone noticed anything would be to go door to door to residences in the area and hope someone is both willing and able to talk.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:41 pm

Sam reads the message that Fouchou forwards him, and sighs.

"She is asking for me," Sam tells Fouchou.

He thinks for a moment, and comes up with some nonsense to respond to Roku with:

>>>>>>Unless current activities naturally trend right,
    >>>>>>until such time forever,
    >>>>>>only urchins can have our underwear!

There. That's the sort of bullshit she should respond well to.

After sending off that message, Sam contacts Tetsu.
    >>>>>>I am setting our friend up with some of my other friends.
    >>>>>>I imagine she will be interested in helping them out.
    >>>>>>While she is working with them, can you help me out with a job I am working on?
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:36 pm

Sam and Emiko are discussing plans for their heist when Sam mentions Emiko should pick up a sequencer, if she could find one.

Emiko makes a few calls looking for a rating 4 sequencer.

Item search (CHA + NEG): 6 hits
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:17 pm

Sam narrows his search on Dr. NakaMats to the time period when he stopped appearing for interviews, to see if he can find a reason why he would have suddenly stopped. He also searches for other people's conspiracy theories on what might have happened to Dr. NakaMats.

Matrix Search
    Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 4 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 4 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 4 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 4 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 2 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 1
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:25 am

Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 IPhone-black-market-China-780x585Emiko

Emiko does some black market shopping for electronics to see if she can find what she is looking for. It takes her about 6 hours of searching, but she eventually finds a sequencer that meets her requirements. Hopefully it will be sufficient for the doors in the factory.

Sam

Meanwhile, Sam contacts Tetsu to see if he'll show up to provide some much needed backup muscle. It takes a few minutes but Tetsu eventually replies:

>>>>> What's the job and what does it pay?

While waiting on the reply, Sam conducts a matrix search for the last known interview of Dr NakaMats. It appears to be some foreign trideo show called "Lifestyles of the Filthy Rich". In it he essentially shows off his ridiculously huge home, including a massive diving tank, a personal elevator (which he insists on calling a 'vertical moving room'), and a 24 carat gold plated bathroom among other lavish luxuries. The home is (unsurprisingly) located near the top of the mountain in the Goujasu district. Quite a change from his current home. The interview was approximately a year ago.

Chatter on the matrix as to why he hasn't been interviewing lately seems to point to his age. The man is 90 years old, and while he is healthy for his age and claims that he will live until 144, it is certainly well into what one would normally call retirement age. Given his wealth, he certainly doesn't need to work for a paycheck anymore. Even the craziest of conspiracy folk are pretty sure that old age is catching up to him and perhaps he has some sort of illness (physical or mental) that prevents him from going out anymore.
    Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 31d373650b1b6bd26ca696f1df04ac6f--dwarf-shadowrun
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:33 am

Emiko calls her contact, Ken Tochigi, the information broker:

Hi Ken, this is Emiko. It’s been a while; how have you been?” Emiko continues with some informal conversation before getting to business. “I’m working on something and need information. I’m looking into Dr. Yoshiro Nakamatsu, also called Dr NakaMats. I’m also getting information about the warehouse facility he’s currently in. Please let me know what you find and what it’s going to cost. Thanks, bye!]
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:43 am

Thinking of his recent conversation with Roku, Sam decides that, while communicating with her is a pain in the ass, she does kind of have a point. Maybe putting plans to rob a factory into writing wouldn't be the best idea.

So, he does the unthinkable and places a voice call to Tetsu.

"There is a Yamaguchi owned factory that makes high end... androids. The chips that they are manufacturing to put in the androids are much more advanced than what is publicly available. We're going in to get as many of those chips as we can. You would get one third of what we find.
    I am also looking in to a man who seems to work there. I think he may be being forced to live and work in this factory. I will give you more information about him as I learn it."

After his conversation with Tetsu, Sam decides to look in to Dr. NakaMat's ridiculously huge home. Does he still own it? Is it being cared for while he is living in a hovel underground?

Matrix Search
    Sam Dekker carried out 21 launched of one d6 :
    Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 3 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 2 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 4 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 4 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 4 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 6 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 2 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 3 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 5 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 1 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 4 , Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 4
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:15 pm

Waiting to hear back from Ken, Emiko thinks about the info Sam told her about Dr. NakaMats, regarding the age he expects to live.

Why 144, what’s the significance?

Emiko jacks in hot sim and does a search:
    matrix perception hs (6+6+6+2): 9 hits

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:51 pm

Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 Backer_dwarfmale_paulthorgrimsonEmiko

Ken picks up and says, "Dr NakaMats? No one's seen that weirdo in months. You know something I don't? I know some folk that would really like to know his current location. Tell you what, you give me that location and I'll give you some equally valuable info in trade. Ask anything. If I don't know it already, I'll have it for you quick."

---

Meanwhile her search on the number 144 reveals several different numerology sites. Most seem to have something to do with guardian angels, 'light bringers' or other types of celestial beings. In general, it is considered to be a very fortuitous number.  
    Sam

Tetsu says, "Alright. Tell me when and where to go and I'll be there." There is some noise in the background like a crash followed by a scream. Tetsu turns his gaze to something and the connection is disconnected.

---

A quick search of the matrix shows that the property has not changed hands since Dr NakaMats acquired it. There is no obvious way of knowing if it is being currently cared for, short of either going over there to check or some other physical means.
    Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 31d373650b1b6bd26ca696f1df04ac6f--dwarf-shadowrun
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:15 pm

Sam assumes Tetsu will be able to handle whatever it is that just happened without Sam's help.

"Dr. NakaMats house still appears to be owned by him," Sam says to Emiko, who has nearby to him this whole time as they have been independently doing things. "Do you want to go by there and see what it looks like now? I am interested to know if it has been maintained for the past year since he has seemed to have gone missing."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:29 pm

To Ken, Emiko says,
    ok, I’ll call you back and will let you know.

Great idea Sam, I’ll grab my sweater, pee real quick, and will be ready to go

On the way to the warehouse, Emiko tells Sam about the conversation she had with Ken.

My contact can get me information on Dr. NakaMats, and probably the warehouse, but he wants the Dr’s location in return. What do you think?

Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:35 pm

"Do you trust this person?" Sam asks Emiko.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:36 am

Trust him? Emiko thinks about this. “I trust that his information would be good but I also trust he would take the information we give him and sell it. That may give us problems, so let’s go to the mansion and try to do this on our own; use Ken as last resort.

Emiko looks for an inconsistent spot to park her sedan while having a good view of the mansion.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:42 pm

Emiko heads up the mountain to the wealthy Goujasu district. Large brick homes line the streets, each one at least about the size of a small apartment block and walled off from intruders. Given that it is a residential district, there is not much in the way of parking lots or other places to park short of driving into someone's private parking so she ends up parking at a 24 hour convenience store, a few blocks away. From there, it's a matter of walking over to the residence.

It is not hard to find the residence. While the building is a rather simple featureless white brick house, the entrance gate manages to be both simple and tasteless at the same time. Plain concrete slabs flank a thick black wooden door with an arch above it that reads, "Dr NakaMats House" in solid gold letters. This must be the place.
    Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 Nakamats-house
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:46 pm

Sam uses heat vision to try to determine if there is anyone on the grounds!
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:12 pm

Sam quickly realizes that while thermographic vision is excellent for seeing through darkness, it is considerably less useful for seeing through walls. When he activates the thermographic vision, all he manages to see is a thermal representation of the wall in front of him.Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 Nakamats-house
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:16 pm

Sam examines the door to see if it has a locking mechanism, is locked, can be easily unlocked, and can be easily opened.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:47 pm

Meanwhile, Emiko gets her gecko tape gloves from car and does some quick stretches in case she needs to climb the wall.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:58 pm

The door has a maglock on it that appears to open using a voice recognition system to operate. It has no wireless connection, but Sam is pretty sure he could crack it open with his tools and then hack it with his deck if they can't find any other way to defeat the system. Mission 5a - i-Sexbot - Page 3 Nakamats-house
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:08 pm

Sam sees the door is locked and says he can open it but Emiko tells him to wait. She puts on her gecko gloves, activates her chameleon processor to be unseen, and looks for an easy and inconspicuous spot to climb.

1 hit

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:19 pm