Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+6
Sam Dekker
Valacan
Emiko
Fuchou 复仇
Geert
GameMaster
10 posters

Downtime 4

Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kitaro Saito
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Downtime 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Downtime 4

Post by Geert Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:55 am

Sun

Kitaro tells Sun that he does not know where to find a bliss den, but he knows someone that can help him with that.
    For a second he considers asking him why he needs that location, but then he decides he probably doesn't want to know.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:01 pm

Downtime 4 - Page 4 1135680_1436195192427_500_281Sam

Sam does not hear from Hanako or Auntie Muku until their weekly dinner the next day. Muku has prepared oden, a fall soup dish consisting of various fish-based items in a fish broth. Conversation at the table is largely uneventful, with no further probing questions happening regarding Sam's mysterious change of housing. Auntie Muku says, "So I understand you're finally going down to the cabin tomorrow. How nice! Now while I am very much looking forward to grandchildren in the near future, I would prefer you two have a proper wedding before that happens, so be sure to bring proper protection against any accidents."

Hanako glares at her mother and says, "Mom! I can't believe you said that!"

Sam is finding these conversations somewhat easier to follow now that he can hear Hanako's portion of it. "Oh come now. Young love, alone in a cabin with no supervision. I'm not blind to the ways of the world. I had you didn't I? But seriously, if you need me to pick up some condoms because you're too embarrassed to do it on your own, I most certainly can."

Hanako turns beet red and says, "Please stop talking, mother."

Auntie Muku says, "Fine, fine. I'll change the subject. So Sam, what sort of time frame were you thinking before marrying Hanako? You don't want to keep her waiting, after all. I can arrange for a ceremony down at the Church of Happy Science. "

Hanako faceplants onto the dinning table and moans to herself.
    Kitaro

Homura nods knowingly as desert is served: white cakes with strawberries cut to resemble hearts on them. She grins, digs in and says, "Well, I can't say I know the feeling. Not so many people ask me for favors. Thank you for taking me out today, by the way. It's been fun. I've really needed some fun lately."
    Downtime 4 - Page 4 Shortcake_by_tacticalhamster-d4ck33r
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:02 pm

Homura

Kitaro gives Homura a warm smile. "You're very welcome, Miss Homura. Everyone needs a little fun every now and again right."
    Kitaro cuts one of his cakes in half, pricks his fork in it and puts it in his mouth."Hmmm, these are actually really good."
    He wipes his mouth with his napkin "I always like meeting someone who's as interested in fashion as I am, especially if that someone is a lovely girl like you."
    Kitaro gives Homura a little wink and eats the other half of his cake.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:25 pm

"I do not think that either of Hanako or myself are ready to be contemplating marriage yet, Auntie."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:40 pm

Kitaro

With a big toothy grin, Homura takes another bite of cake. Blushing through a full mouth, she says, "Thanks, you're handsome too."

Before long, desert is finished, the meal is paid for and the pair are back in the car, driving away. Homura appears to be in high spirits, apparently having enjoyed the date. As the car self-drives its way through the city streets, there is a bit of an awkward silence and Homura seems to get a little nervous and fidgety. Finally she blurts out, "So... would you like to go out again sometime?"
    Downtime 4 - Page 4 Shortcake_by_tacticalhamster-d4ck33r
    Downtime 4 - Page 4 15cm2c1
    Sam

"Nonsense!" Auntie Muku exclaims, "You've known each other practically your entire lives and don't want to murder each other yet. I'd say you're perfectly ready to be contemplating marriage. Besides, Hanako here isn't getting any younger. I'd already had Hanako by the time I was her age. Best to have children while you're young enough to enjoy them!"
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:49 pm

"Yes, Auntie," Sam intones, hoping that this will end the conversation. At least for now.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:37 am

Seeing as the only member telling him about Bliss dens, is Kitaro, Sun follows up on him and takes Niku to the suggested den.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:42 am

Homura

"It would be my pleasure, miss Homura. How about this, the next time I go to the center to enlighten people about fashion I will give you a call and we can teach them together. Would you like that?"

Sun

Kitaro calls his contact Hanzo "Red" Kimura and asks him for the address of the closest Bliss house. The then forwards the address to Sun with the words "Be careful"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:30 pm

Downtime 4 - Page 4 Shortcake_by_tacticalhamster-d4ck33rKitaro

The young ork woman nods as she reaches for her commlink and says, "That does sound lovely. Here, let me give you my commcode. I only work part time at the moment so I'm free to talk most of the time if you want to chat or whatever." She then transmits her commcode over to Kitaro.

The car comes to a stop and announces that it has arrived at its intended destination. "Well," Homura says somewhat reluctantly, "Guess this is my stop. I mean it though. You can call me pretty much any time."
    Sun

Heads down to one of the local slums to a supposed "bliss den" but just finds a few ruins of buildings that were torn down by the recent typhoon. There are no signs of drug users of any kind. Touring around the slum for a few hours, he finds people doing their best to make shelter out of the scraps of building material that remained of the buildings here. The nicer neighborhoods are pretty much rebuilt, but no one is wasting money to rebuild the slum.

Beneath a busy highway stand the only in-tact buildings. They had apparently been shielded from the winds by the highway itself. The road between them is a muddy sludge that never seems to dry out and stray dogs pounce about, looking for scraps of food. The people you can find are huddled in the buildings, their only source of warmth against the fall chill being a metal barrel filled with vaguely flammable refuse that has been set ablaze.

The health of those living here is awful. They haven't bathed in weeks, most are rail thin from malnutrition and many are showing signs of addiction and/or withdrawl from who knows what substances. A young human woman who is little more than skin and bones approaches Sun and says, "Hey big guy. Like what you see? A hundred nuyen an hour and I'll do anything you like. Anything."

Niku says, "Niiice. I think I have a couple hundred to spare. How about you and I go find someplace private?"

The girl looks Niku up and down and says, "Cute kid. How about you go run along while I talk with your daddy, alright?"

Niku bristles at that and says, "He's not my dad, slitch!" as he turns away, clearly pissed off that he was being treated like a child and wasn't going to be getting laid.

Downtime 4 - Page 4 D3bdzz5-83a6357a-ce94-4393-b3d7-58468e3565a7.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2MwMmM5NjFlLWZlNmYtNGUzYy1iOThlLWI5YjUyOWI4OGM3NlwvZDNiZHp6NS04M2E2MzU3YS1jZTk0LTQzOTMtYjNkNy01ODQ2OGUzNTY1YTcuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
    Downtime 4 - Page 4 927794-bigthumbnailSam

Auntie Muku doesn't press the matter much further and you all finish your meal. Sam eventually heads back to the community center after Auntie Muku gives him the address to the cabin and Hanako tells him that she will meet him there sometime the next day.

The cabin is clean and well maintained, sitting on the edge of a lake with a little canoe out back should anyone wish to go out for a ride on the lake. The interior has all the modern amenities one could possibly wish for and some one wouldn't even imagine. Even the door itself has a facial scanner that recognizes Sam as he approaches and opens the door for him. A computerized voice from the speakers in the wall says, "Welcome Sam-sama. I am Yori, this home's automated assistant. Hanako was delayed and will be along to meet you shortly. Please feel free to make yourself comfortable and unpack your things. If you require refreshments, I have been instructed to prepare them for you."
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:08 pm

Sam heads inside and unpacks his things.
    "Eula," he says to Eula. "Make me a sandwich. And bring me a soda with it."
    Then he finds a comfortable armchair and gets to work. He brought some tutorial files along with him for various I-doll upgrades. He's got a nice relaxing weekend of upgrading Eula planned! ((training up to two skill in build))
    Most of the tutorials seem to be how to get the dolls to perform various sex acts. But there are also some useful tutorials, like how to waterproof the doll, or make the sensors better.
    Sam sticks with the more useful ones for now, trying to figure out what materials he would need and how difficult the procedures seem to be.
    In the course of studying the tutorials, Sam checks some I-Doll message boards, to check on various details here has trouble understanding in the walkthroughs.
    From even a cursory glance at the message boards, Sam realizes that most people are mainly having sex with their dolls. But, also, many people talk about upgrading the pilot program to make their dolls perform better all around.
    Sam decides that, if he wants Eula to be more than just a sandwich maker, he's going to want to upgrade that pilot.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:05 am

Homura

Kitaro exits the car and gets out to open Homura's door for her. As she gets out of the car he says "Thank you for the lovely evening, miss Homura. I'll be in touch."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:01 pm

Downtime 4 - Page 4 Shortcake_by_tacticalhamster-d4ck33rKitaro

Homura steps out of the car and lingers a moment before saying, "Alright. I'll be waiting for your call. Thanks again for tonight. Drive safely. Well... of course you'll drive safely, the car drives for you. That was kind of a stupid thing to say. Sorry. Anyway. Goodnight! See you soon!"

Sam

Eula does as Sam asks, heading to the kitchen to make a nice tuna sandwich and fetch a can of soda. When she returns, Sam is fully engrossed in his research so she places the sandwich and soda on a nearby table. He finds some information on pilots, but quickly realizes that for his purposes the commercially available pilot chips will probably not be enough. Some of the shadow boards talk about high end stuff, mostly for military use. It seems unlikely that the military would be investing so much into pilot chips for a sex bot though. He keeps browsing around and comes across a technical blog for an anonymous drone modder who apparently does custom work for high end brothels. Given the level of work he claims to do, he must work out of a high end drone facility. On the bright side, he seems to have exactly the pilot chip that Sam wants, along with several other high end pilot chips. Unfortunately, they do not appear to be for sale. Given his recent successful heist, he figures what's another theft? It will take some legwork, but he's certain he can track down the facility and it is bound to have lots of other high-end pilot chips that either the other members of the community center could benefit from, or they could just be sold off on the black market for some quick cash.

As he's contemplating his growing life of crime, the door opens and Hanako enters dragging a suit case with her. She sees the i-bot and gives an uncharacteristically loud squeal. Sam looks up and grabs his ring, allowing him to hear, "...THAT and why is it here?"
    Downtime 4 - Page 4 927794-bigthumbnail
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:29 pm

"Eula?" Sam asks. "I bought an android. I thought that it would be fun to modify it, and teach it to do things. Eventually, I want to train it to guard me. So that I will not have to worry about what happened at my apartment as much. Right now it can only make sandwiches though. Eula, make Hanako a sandwich."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Stun Track: 3/10

Post by Emiko Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:14 pm

The next morning Emiko wakes up, puts on a long shirt, and starts cooking breakfast.

When Setsuko gets up and enters the kitchen, Emiko says, "good morning! Thank you for the fun night last night. Breakfast?"

"I don't want you to feel uncomfortable about this, so if last night was not your thing, I understand. Otherwise, I hope we can do another girls' night again soon."

- - - - -
    After Setsuko leaves, Emiko messages the group
    >>>>>Anything I can help with you today?
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:03 pm

Sam

"Yes Sam-sama," Eula says with a deep bow before heading off to the kitchen to make a sandwich for Hanako.  

Hanako has a look of horror in her eyes and exclaims, "Why would you bring that with you here?! Sam, you big dummy! This is supposed to be our romantic weekend together and you brought a robo girlfriend?! Are you serious!?"

Eula returns, sandwhich on a plate and ready to go. She holds it out for Hanako and says, "I have prepared your sandwich, ma'am!"

Hanako screams at the drone, "I don't want a sandwich! I want to be the one making lunch for Sam!"

Eula does not respond, but Hanako is shaking, her hands clenched at her sides. "Explain yourself, Sam," she growls between her tightly grinding teeth, "Why did you bring her HERE? TODAY of all days?!"
    Downtime 4 - Page 4 Nqbuk8Setsuko gets up to gather her clothes, giving Emiko a full view of her extremely tone and athletic body. Lots of lean muscle on her. She blushes a bit as she picks up her panties off a light shade and slips them on. "Well, I wouldn't be completely against it," she says, "It scratches that itch and I don't have to worry about a baby getting in the way of my career. Not sure how I feel about it in the long term, but I certainly can't complain in the short. You feel like having another girls' night, you let me know, yeah?"
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:17 am

Thinking that Hanako seems upset with him, Sam pulls up an emotion face chart on his glasses display.
    Yup, he confirms. Her face looks unhappy.
    "Oh," he says. "It did not occur to me that you would be unhappy about Eula. I thought a relaxing weekend would be a good time to get some studying and work done on her. But, I am sorry. I will not have her make any more sandwiches for us."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:22 am

Noticing Niku's reaction, and that there's no bliss den to show the kid, Sun hurries to get both of them out of the slums.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:21 pm

Downtime 4 - Page 4 1Community Center

At some point when people aren't overly busy dealing with their own things, a lone man parks outside the community center. His ride is a motorcycle, a typical chopper with an attached side car. He is a human who walks with the kind of practiced posture common among trained police or military personnel, but he is not wearing a uniform, nor does he have any obvious insignia at the moment. The front door opens and he steps in, apparently looking around for someone. With no one currently out front to greet him, he rings the bell to get someone's attention...
    Sam

Hanako closes her eyes and takes a deep breath before saying, "The point of the weekend was for us to spend time together. I worked really hard learning how to make a few meals so I could cook them for you this weekend, but you look like you rather spend time with a robot girlfriend, eating sandwiches. I can't believe you!"

The next moment is somewhat of a blur. Hanako winds up and tries to punch Eula in the face but is neither trained in punching people, nor is she prepared to strike a robot. There is a sickening crack and Eula is completely unharmed by the impact, needing only to step back slightly to maintain her balance. On the other hand, Hanako seems to be much the worse for wear, clutching her hand in agony as it swells up badly, apparently broken by the impact.  
    Downtime 4 - Page 4 F477d778989118d2fce883122992e157Sun

Sun and Niku leave the slum behind. Niku seems more upset that he couldn't lose his virginity than anything else, sulking the whole train ride back. Eventually the pair arrive at the community center and notice the chopper parked in the parking lot. Stepping into the building itself, they find an armored, but currently unarmed human man standing inside, ringing the bell at the front desk to get someone's attention.
    Downtime 4 - Page 4 996845812b6755262c47079bd584b79d
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:17 pm

Sam watches Hanako punching Eula incredulously.

"That was not very smart," he says. "Eula is just a toy. And made of metal. It can not feel being punched. But punching it would hurt.

I am sorry that my bringing Eula along has upset you. I did not mean to. I just thought I would have some quiet time here to learn how to upgrade and use it better. Here. I will send it away.

Eula, go in the other room."

When Eula leaves, Sam continues, "Now, Let me take a look at that hand. That looked painful."

Sam takes out his medkit and does his best to splint up Hanako's hand.

(It's medicine + logic + medkit rating, right?)
    Sam Dekker carried out 12 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 4 - Page 4 3 , Downtime 4 - Page 4 2 , Downtime 4 - Page 4 4 , Downtime 4 - Page 4 1 , Downtime 4 - Page 4 5 , Downtime 4 - Page 4 5 , Downtime 4 - Page 4 2 , Downtime 4 - Page 4 2 , Downtime 4 - Page 4 5 , Downtime 4 - Page 4 2 , Downtime 4 - Page 4 3 , Downtime 4 - Page 4 3
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:41 pm

Sun walks up to the guy ringing the bell.
    "Hey, I'm Sun Dashou and this here is little Niku. How can we be of assistance?"
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Stun Track: 3/10

Post by Emiko Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:47 pm

Emiko feels like today is going to be a wonderful day. She says goodbye to Setsuko, goes out shopping for new clothes, and gets a coffee drink that takes a minute to say.

Instead of going home, she drives to the community center to see if anyone is around.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:43 pm

Kitaro is sitting in a corner of the room between piles of colorful cloth.
    He eyes the stranger with suspicion, as he does not have good memories of the last time a stranger showed up at the door of the center.
    Kitaro thinks to himself "This chummer looks like someone I saw on that old trid show, Chips"

If the stranger happens to look into his direction Kitaro will offer a polite bow. He will continue with his work but will regularly glance at the stranger to try and see what he's up too.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9

Post by WuJen Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:39 pm

Hearing the bell ring, WuJen comes out of his room, Little Dragon following close behind. His immediate area in AR is filled with a complex diagram that somehow seems to be in at least 4 dimensions and gives an overwhelming impression of a dragon, somehow.

"Hello, can I help yo... Oh, hi Sun, welcome back. If you are busy with the young man there, I can handle this."

Wujen smiles at Niko and then turns back to the man who rang the bell. "As we were saying, what brings you to Five Elements today? I'm sure one of us can help you."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:58 pm

Sam

From what Sam knows about broken hands, one should probably take a look to see if the bone is in the right position with an x-ray machine. Given that he does not have that, he gives Hanako some pain killers and does his best to feel the bone through the skin. Luckily it doesn't feel too out of place so a splint should be fine to at least keep the hand from getting worse until a doctor can look at it and put it in a cast. That is somewhat beyond the scope of the medkit he has on him though and he ends up having to McGuyver one up using a large set of cooking chopsticks in the kitchen. It's about as good as he can get it with what he has, but she really should be taken to a hospital or it might not heal properly.

Hanako does her best not to cry from the pain, but at least the pain killers take the edge off of it. After Sam has done what he can for the hand, Hanako still looks upset but she ends up burying her head in his shoulder and giving him a hug with her good hand. She mumbles something into his shoulder, which he doesn't get, partially because he isn't pointing his ring at her at the time and partially because it is muffled into his shoulder. Her tears begin to slowly soak through his shirt but she squeezes him tightly, not wanting to let go.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:19 pm

Still not sure why Hanako was upset in the first place, Sam stands there limply and lets her cry on his shoulder.

When she is finished, he says, "We should go to a hospital to get your hand properly taken care of."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:10 am