Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+6
Sam Dekker
Valacan
Emiko
Fuchou 复仇
Geert
GameMaster
10 posters

Downtime 4

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Downtime 4 Empty Downtime 4

Post by GameMaster Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:03 pm

The city has largely been restored to normal working order. There has been no official news about the sealing of the tunnels where the poorest (and largest population) of Mingmei citizens lived, but this is not surprising as it is not exactly something the government would seek to advertise.

But at least you are all safe(ish) with your jobs done and money for them either in hand or soon to come. Now for a well deserved rest before you take a look for your next job.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kitaro Saito
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Downtime 4 Empty Re: Downtime 4

Post by Geert Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:08 pm

Returning from the their run at the Yakuza office building, Kitaro manages to get into his car and drives back to the community center.

Just a he opens the door the stimpatch runs out.
    ".... Hello ch ... chummers"
    Kitaro faceplants into the floor and passes out.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:33 pm

Fuchou walks over Kitaro with his eyes only on his bed and faceplants in a similar fashion. Laughing
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Stun Track: 3/10

Post by Emiko Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:08 pm

[From ooc-disussion]
    While in the community center, the loot obtained from the Yakuza building is being gone over. Sam is checking out a brownish, leather book. Weary of opening it, he asks for a volunteer to open it.  Emiko offers to do it.

Emiko takes the book, lays it on a table, and carefully opens the front cover. She will slowly turn the pages and saying out loud what she sees.
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Valacan Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:25 pm

After checking on both wujen and fuchougou ichigo will go into the main part of the center and see someone on the ground will rush to this person and check'em out. Seeing that its kitaro he will help him to a chair of couch if we have one and check on him.
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:27 pm

Biotechnology+6 
    Logic+3
    Valacan carried out 9 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 4 4 , Downtime 4 2 , Downtime 4 5 , Downtime 4 6 , Downtime 4 4 , Downtime 4 2 , Downtime 4 5 , Downtime 4 1 , Downtime 4 2
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:18 pm

As Emiko browses through the book, she hears whispering in her head, beckoning her to gaze at the book in the astral plane. Browsing through it on the physical plane reveals nothing but a bunch of blank pages. She assumes that it is meant to be read astrally.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:15 pm

Emiko says, "guys, I think this book is speaking to me! It's telling me to look into the astral plane to read the book."

Emiko looks into the astral plane to read the book.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:16 pm

As Emiko focuses on the book's astral form, magical words appear on the pages as if they are being written as she reads them. The words move about on the page with a coppery taste that smells crimson. She makes out the words "Liber Sanguinis."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:45 pm

Emiko takes the book over to Kitaro and says, "this book is weird, try looking at it astrally."
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:39 am

After hearing Emiko say what the title is and remembering the blood magic scrolls he investigated earlier, Kitaro squints his eyes and a mistrusting expression appears on his face.
    "I don't know miss Emiko. This all seems kinda creepy to me."
    Kitaro sighs.
    "Just imagine what they must have been planning with this egg. The idea alone makes my skin crawl"
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker

Post by Sam Dekker Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:44 pm

Sam (and presumably Sun) return from Mingmei University and reports back what he learned from Professor Morikami, particularly the danger of hanging on to the egg, and the high meat cost of trying to raise a dragon, but also what the blackrock is.

"We should contact this Ryu Ningenkue. Maybe he would be interested in commissioning us to recover the dragon egg that we have learned is being kept in a safe at a Yakuza research lab," Sam suggests.

He performs a matrix search to see what information he can find about this guy/dragon that might help in contacting him and/or planning out what to say to him.

Matrix search + 9 teamwork (rolled in discord)
    Sam Dekker carried out 23 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 4 3 , Downtime 4 6 , Downtime 4 3 , Downtime 4 5 , Downtime 4 4 , Downtime 4 4 , Downtime 4 6 , Downtime 4 6 , Downtime 4 6 , Downtime 4 3 , Downtime 4 6 , Downtime 4 3 , Downtime 4 1 , Downtime 4 2 , Downtime 4 6 , Downtime 4 4 , Downtime 4 5 , Downtime 4 3 , Downtime 4 6 , Downtime 4 4 , Downtime 4 5 , Downtime 4 2 , Downtime 4 2
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:50 pm

After having had a good night's sleep, Kitaro decides to bring a visit to Madouka Doumeki, his magical supplier and spell teacher from the past.
    He has a little chat and informs about the following things.
    - Does she have an "increase reflexes" spell scroll for sale, if yes for how much.
    - What would the going price for refined reagents be should we wish to sell some.
    - Does she have a force 2 health sustaining focus for sale and if so for how much.
    - Does she have shinto  magical lodge materials in stock for a force 6 lodge and again what's the price.
    Kitaro would definetily be interested in a package deal if she can aquire all of the above for him.
    (( loyalty 1 , connection 3 ))
    (( negotiation : 9 hits if applicable )

Last edited by Geert on Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:30 pm

"Hey guys I don't want to sound greedy or anything but I need the dragon egg for medical use. But i really need that egg!" (Ichigos seems to have a very sad look on his face when asking for the egg.) 

"Does any of our magic slinging team mates know anyone who sells celestial blood by any chance?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:48 pm

Downtime 4 Latest?cb=20180622184845&path-prefix=enSam

A matrix search on Ryu Ningenkue provides a wealth of information, though how much of it is actually true is up for debate. Some of the rumors surrounding him include:
    - he sleeps on a pile of platinum credsticks
    - he bathes in the blood of virgins
    - his diet consists entire of impoverished children
    - he is secretly a powerful illusionist who pretends to be a dragon
    - his whiskers grant eternal life to whoever can steal them
    - anyone who can drink a cup of his blood will have good luck for the rest of their life

What is unquestionably true is that he is one of the most powerful and wealthy beings on the planet as he is the CEO of a AAA corporation. Denso Electronics is based out of Ryuchi, which is the capital of the Desian province of Hachi. He, like many of the locals in the largely lawless province, is known to have a fondness for gambling. In particular, his favorite game is Mah-jong. He has built his empire largely on matrix gambling as well as the security required to ensure that any transactions on the matrix are safe.
    Kitaro

Madouka has everything Kitaro needs. "If you've got some refined reagents on hand, I usually sell them for 350 nuyen, so I'd give you that much in store credit or half that in cash."

"But for everything else, oh yeah, I can get all that. No problem. The scroll will cost you 500 nuyen. You've got your spell casting license handy, I assume? Haha! I joke. I don't care about that. The sustaining focus is 2,000 nuyen and the lodge materials are 3,000 nuyen. I can have it all for you in a day or two. So lets see 5,500 plus acquisition fee is... 6,050 nuyen. Tell you what though, my little sister's been kind of in the dumps lately because she got dumped by her boyfriend. You take her out on a date and show her a good time and I'll cover the cost of the date plus knock off the acquisition fee. You're her type, so I'm sure she'd be excited to go out with you. Who knows? Maybe love will blossom, yeah?"

She flashes a holopic of her little sister to Kitaro from her commlink to see if he's interested. "Eh? What do you think? Cute, right?"
    Downtime 4 Dcfdd08a5c30060eb9c70be22ca5f914
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker

Post by Sam Dekker Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:43 pm

Sam forwards all the information he finds about Ryu Ningenkue to Kitaro and Emiko.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9

Post by WuJen Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:44 pm

WuJen makes sure to ask Little Dragon her advice about the dragon egg on his next visit, as well as checking into Celestial Blood, explaining for any overhearing family members about the cure for the ghoul virus.

"If you don't mind I'd like at least a little time to study the blood magic scrolls and book, maybe make some notes. I'm not looking to become a bloodmage, but some of the concepts can be very valuable and powerful. If nothing else it might give a clue as to a counter for that kind of magic."
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:39 am

Madouka

Kitaro is always in for a night out. And after the events of the past few days he could use some fun.
    "You got yourself a deal miss Madouka. Just let me know when and where I can pick up your sister and I'll make sure she has a wonderful time!"
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:42 am

Ichigo

Kitaro squints, looks at at Ichigo with a distrustful expression on his face and says.
    "Medical use? what exactly does this medical us entail?"
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:50 am

In the days after their return from the mission, Kitaro spends roughly half a day creating the following items.
    - A fluffy light green pillow
    - A small light green scarf with the word "eggsie" on it in white letters
    - A tiny light green woolen cap
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:03 am

@kintaro "i unfortunately can not disclose that information at this time, all I can say it is not for my personal use but that of a patient of mine. And does anyone know of anyone who sells or know how to get celestial blood time is a factor.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:45 am

Disappointed Kitaro didn't look at the book, Emiko takes it over to WuJen. "WuJen, you are interested in studying the book? I hope you do. There's something about it that seems very interesting," she says and hands the book to WuJen.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:24 am

Fuchou will ask everyone to gather at some point, physically or over the comms if their schedules conflict and tells them all that he is infected. He will of course not be living in his normal accommodations, but would like to build a base of operations near the Community Center so that he can stay close and possibly still be useful to the group. He tries to take a positive approach to the whole thing.

"I will become slightly stronger, and there is a good chance that I will keep my senses and wits about me. I'll still be the same person as I was before, now just with new options on how to complete my mission here on Gilon. My first objective is going to be figuring out how to survive and how I can be useful to you all and to the people of the city. What we saw in the tunnels...the world doesn't have to be this way. We can make things better."

"I will be going back to help save any more of the uninfected that we can, but my transition should begin soon. Please know that you all can always contact me and I still have one purpose in this life: to make the world better. Until I have nothing left to give and no possible way to do it I am going to continue to fight, even at the cost of my own life; I just ask that you all do not forget about me and help give me purpose through work. I will defend the tunnels under the Community Center and assist in any way that I can. Thank you."

Fuchou looks down at the table, unable to make eye contact.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:23 pm

Kitaro stands up from his chair and takes a step towards Fuchou, planning to give  him a pat on the back.
    He hesitates, changes his mind and sits back down.

"What a horrible ordeal mister Fuchou. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know."
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:47 pm

"Well since fuchougou has told all of you about his condition. I now maybe speak more freely about the dragon egg. So i can cure our friend but i need two things to do it...(pause for effect)  i need the dragson egg and i need celestial blood. Does anyone here know someone any who sells or can get or can tell/show where and or how to get some?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:56 pm