Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+6
Sam Dekker
Valacan
Emiko
Fuchou 复仇
Geert
GameMaster
10 posters

Downtime 4

Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 3/10

Downtime 4 - Page 5 Empty Re: Downtime 4

Post by Emiko Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:16 pm

Emiko messages Setsuko:

>>>>>Wow! You were great out there
    >>>>>I watched you knock out the guy, dodge the gunfire, and score the goal
    >>>>>I’m glad you’re safe
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:56 am

Assuming Fuchou has gone through his transformation and is allowed by the crew to live in the sewers under the community center, he observes the stranger with his flying eyes to try to gather more information.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kitaro Saito
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by Geert Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:19 pm

While the others are talking to the stranger, Kitaro will look at them from a distance and try to judge the intentions of the guy.
    He will also take a good look at the man's neck to make sure he's not wearing a bomb collar.
    (( judge intentions : 5 hits, perception : 1 hit ))
    mrinprophet
    mrinprophet

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Cannis
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 9/11

Post by mrinprophet Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:10 pm

Cannis walks into the community center and looks around. "Hello everyone. I am looking for Ichigo. My father told me if I was ever in need of friends, to find him and I would be in good company." Cannis isn't exactly wary, but he isn't completely at ease either. He moves with the gate of someone who knows how to use the sword in the sheathe on his hip. He stands there waiting.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:57 pm

From downstairs, Sam looks up from Eula, who is currently splayed out on the table of Fougou's shop, when he sees movement in the camera feed of the front office he's keeping up in a corner of his glasses HUD. Seeing the stranger sauntering in carrying a large sword and a shield, Sam switches on the audio.
    Hearing the stranger ask for Ichigo, Sam quickly loses interest and turns back to his work on Eula.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:14 pm

Emiko parks her car and walks to the community center. She is walking with ease and a smile on her face. She enters the center, sees the big man with a sword at his hip, and turns on her heel pretending she just received a call.

"Oh hey! What's going on?"

She walks out and peers around from outside to see what's going on with the stranger.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:32 pm

Downtime 4 - Page 5 1Community Center

The man does not have any visible bomb collars on his person. He does not appear as though he is about to explode or cause any trouble, but it's kind of impossible to prove with 100% certainty that something is not going to happen. Ichigo is in the clinic, tending to patients when he's asked for. A short commlink message later, he's summoned to the front lobby.

---

Meanwhile Emiko receives a reply:
    >>>>> I always am.
    >>>>> Just think, 3 seasons of this and I'll have more than enough to retire for life.
    >>>>> Drinks later?

Sam

Despite Sam not really showing much interest in romance, Hanako seems to be touched by the care he shows in tending her hand. They take a cab to the hospital where Hanako's hand is fixed up and put in a cast. With some revitalization treatments, it is expected to heal within a week or so. Once proper medical treatments are taken care of, the pair return to the cabin. The pair eventually settle down on a sofa and Hanako decides to have a bit of a talk with Sam as she affectionately rests her head on his shoulder. Thanks to his ring, he is able to actually hear it.

"I've known you pretty much for my entire life. You've always been sort of distant and absorbed with your own things, but you've always taken care of me when it's important. It's why when my mother tried so hard to push us together, I didn't mind because I know you are a good man that I can depend on for when I need you. But I guess that doesn't mean we're meant to be lovers. Mom has a way of kind of getting in your head and seeing things that aren't really there. Somewhere along the line she got to me and I saw this relationship as maybe more than it actually was. Thanks for putting up with it all, but if you aren't interested in a romantic relationship, I understand. Just tell me what you want so there's no more confusion between us."
    Downtime 4 - Page 5 927794-bigthumbnail
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:46 pm

"I do not think that I know the answer to your inquiry," Sam responds. "But I like you. And I think that you are nice. And I think that you are pretty."
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi

Post by Valacan Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:55 pm

Ichigo is in his office doing paperwork when he hears his name and comes out to see who's looking for him. "Hello your looking for ichigo? I'm ichigo what can I do for you?"
    mrinprophet
    mrinprophet

Runner Dossier

Post by mrinprophet Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:25 pm

Cannis greets Ichigo. "You were a medic in the military. My dad was in the spec ops division. I've lost my standing with the police because of a murder the son of Delon (the upper class politician) committed. I've lost almost all of my contacts and influence at the police department due to the framing. I have limited resources now and my father told me if I ever got into trouble, to come find you. He said you were good people and that any friend of yours, I could count as a friend of mine."
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:48 pm

"Oh really whos your father?"
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:09 pm

Emiko, seeing that Ichigo has engaged the man and things look safe, wanders into the center.

To Setsuko, Emiko replies:

>>>>>That would be great
    >>>>>Early retirement and drinks Wink
    >>>>>Name the time and place
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:24 pm

As the stranger has his conversation with Ichigo, seemingly without a bomb collar, Kitaro relaxes a little.
    He decides not to get involved in the conversation but instead grabs his commlink and calls Homura.

"Hi, Homura darling! How are you? I promised to call you when I was going do teach some tailoring at the center, remember? Well, I'm about to get started now, would you like to come? I'll be here for the next couple of days, so just swing by when you feel like it okay. Or I can send the car to pick you up."
    If Homura would like to come by Kitaro will send her the address to the center, or send the car to pick her up, whatever she prefers.

Kitaro will then sit in the center between his big piles of cloth and help anyone who is interested make their own clothes.
    Of course, he will encourage them to do so following the tradition and rules of Feng Shui.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:34 pm

Sam works for two hours and change, but finally completes his first mod of Eula. He decides to test out the new mod.
    Sam prints out seven identical notes addressed to each of the team members:
    Dear __________,
    It has been over a week since the Yakuza raided my apartment. I do not think it is safe for me to move back there. But, I do think it is probably safe enough to clean out the rest of my things. I would appreciate it if you would accompany me to my apartment, just in case I am wrong.
    Sam

He gives the notes to Eula and instructs her to deliver them to each member of the team when they are in the community center next, and to attempt to do so without touching the floor.

As Kitaro is instructing his modest sized clothing making class, he notices a human sized figure entering the room through the doorway, scurrying along the wall.
    Eula, hanging on the wall by one hand, tosses a crumpled piece of paper, which bounces off Kitaro's face landing in front of him on the pile of cloth.

Eula then scurries back along the wall and out the door.

Each of you similarly receive crumpled pieces of paper thrown at you via Eula in similar ways, the next time you are at the community center.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9

Post by WuJen Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:53 pm

WuJen is startled by the apparition of Sam's sexbot crawling on the ceiling and pelting him with balled up paper. Reading the note, he gets out some parchment and pen and writes a reply;

"Sam, I'll be happy to help you move your things and help deal with any complications that may arise in doing so. Just let me know when and we can take care of it.
    ~~Masaru RyotoSuma"

He carefully folds the paper into a small paper airplane and summons a force 2 Air Elemental, instructing it to carry it to Sam as if by a breeze, and to return with a reply if Sam chooses to send one.

Summoning Force 2 Air Spirit
    WuJen carried out 12 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 4 - Page 5 2 , Downtime 4 - Page 5 2 , Downtime 4 - Page 5 2 , Downtime 4 - Page 5 5 , Downtime 4 - Page 5 6 , Downtime 4 - Page 5 3 , Downtime 4 - Page 5 1 , Downtime 4 - Page 5 4 , Downtime 4 - Page 5 2 , Downtime 4 - Page 5 2 , Downtime 4 - Page 5 1 , Downtime 4 - Page 5 4

Drain
    WuJen carried out 11 launched of one d6 :
    Downtime 4 - Page 5 5 , Downtime 4 - Page 5 2 , Downtime 4 - Page 5 4 , Downtime 4 - Page 5 5 , Downtime 4 - Page 5 5 , Downtime 4 - Page 5 6 , Downtime 4 - Page 5 2 , Downtime 4 - Page 5 3 , Downtime 4 - Page 5 3 , Downtime 4 - Page 5 6 , Downtime 4 - Page 5 5
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:34 am

Kitaro immediately recognizes Eula by her fabulous wardrobe. As she exits the room he shouts "Hello mister Dekker" and waves.
    Kitaro then unfolds the paper, reads it, and sends a text message to Sam.
    "Dear mister Dekker. I have a bad back so I'm probably not the best for moving heavy furniture, but I would be glad to keep an eye out for you while you move your things."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:08 pm

Emiko is walking passed Ichigo, hearing him ask, “oh really, who’s your father,” and Emiko thinks it’s strange to see the other man just standing there not answering. It is, however, not as strange as watching a woman scale the wall, moving towards Emiko, and tossing a crumpled paper at her head.

“What the hell is going on around here?”

Emiko unfolds the paper and reads the message. Thoughts race through Emiko’s mind:
    - Crap!
    - When is this?
    - What excuse can I use to get out of this?
    - Wait, why is Sam using paper?

With the wall climbing lady gone and not available to deliver Emiko’s message, Sam gets a digital one instead:

>>>>>When are you thinking of moving?

“... so I can make plans to be busy at that time,” Emiko says to herself chuckling. “No, I’ll help,” she concludes.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:46 pm

Downtime 4 - Page 5 Shortcake_by_tacticalhamster-d4ck33rKitaro

Homura picks up the commlink, obviously excited, but trying her best to act casual. She fails abysmally at this, as she is clearly out of breath, having apparently rushed to answer the call. "Oh hi. Um... let me check my schedule..." she says as she pretends to flip through something, "Yeah it looks like I'm free today. I can be there in an hour."

She shows up in 45 minutes. The class was not particularly advertised so the attendance is low. In fact only one other person shows up: a troll old lady who apparently loves knitting. Still, the trio have great time working on clothes. By the end of the day, each person has a simple outfit made. Not exactly designer quality given the time restraints, but good enough.  

Sam

Hanako's cheeks flush red but at the same time her eyes droop with disappointment. "Well, I like you, too," she says, "But I don't want to be like my mother, forcing us together just because I want there to be a romantic relationship that isn't there yet. So if you aren't ready for something like that, then I understand. Take your time to consider your feelings. For now, we'll just be friends again. I have my college studies to do anyway, so I should be focusing on them. If you make up your mind about things one way or the other, then tell me."
    Downtime 4 - Page 5 15adaebd92d05ac909d2ac34bae8cb21
    Downtime 4 - Page 5 Nqbuk8Emiko receives a link to an izakaya called "Donmai" somewhere near where Setsuko lives. It is the type of casual place where you pay for drinks by the hour and food is reasonably priced, if not exceptionally large in portion. The attached message reads:

>>>>> See you tonight at 8?
    mrinprophet
    mrinprophet

Runner Dossier

Post by mrinprophet Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:19 pm

Cannis startled from his momentary daydream. "I apologize. To you, my father was just another soldier. But to him, you were the man that came and visited him when he had no one else. You were the voice he heard during his recovery. You were the person who gave him comfort when there was no one else. I can't thank you enough for what you did for him and would be glad to count you a friend."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:59 pm

Emiko replies to Setsuko:

>>>>>Perfect, see you then!

She walks passed the room Kitaro is in and thinks, “I’m going take one of his classes.”

If Kitaro sees her, she waves at him.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:40 pm

After Fuchou gets back from the people saving mission he prepares for the transformation to take hold of him. He contacts Crazy Carl their cowboy ghoul contact and asks for advice on living the lifestyle and offers to buy some nourishment for himself when he comes to, also making it known that he will be looking for work and would like to make some contacts within the ghoul community at some point.

He mentions the woman that they found who had been infected and relates all the information he has about her whereabouts in the hopes of getting to meet her again...and maybe fall in love he thinks sheepishly to himself, realizing how ridiculous it sounds but still wanting something to hold on to that might help him maintain his will to go on.

Fuchou asks Sam for his thoughts on if someone could be killed an go on living in the Matrix somehow, because he can't think of any other way for Nikaru to have survived the massacre that he saw. He keeps to himself otherwise, remanding himself to the care of Ichigo and waiting for the pain to come. He's experienced pain his whole life, this was just going to be another step along that same path.

He let himself have a brief moment of longing for a time when he wouldn't be hurt, or having to hurt anyone else, or seeing people be hurt; but he just as quickly shoved it back down into the place that he kept his impossible dreams. As he felt the transformation come on, he gave in to the pain and let go of control.

His last thought before he lost the ability to think clearly about anything except the misery of the transformation was how he was going to find and kill Nikaru and the vengeance for all those afflicted he would unleash to live up to his name.

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:04 pm

Downtime 4 - Page 5 BootsSun
    A few days after he placed his order, a package arrives at the dojo. Within the package are a pair of sturdy, yet distinctive-looking combat boots as well as a pair of white gloves with some kind of red sigil emblazoned on the back. A note is included, explaining their function.

Dear Customer,

You have ordered a pair of ultra-leap combat boots and Mustang gloves. Before either item will function, it is recommended that you spend some time attuning them to your aura. The boots, white quite perfect for kicking, you will also magnify your jumping abilities and soften landings from great heights. The gloves on the other hand provide some minor magical ability, though you may need some training to perfect their use. Simply point at an enemy target and snap your fingers to activate a bolt of flame. This can be quite draining to accomplish, so use it sparingly.

Please enjoy your purchase,
    Majoukoya Oddities

(( The boots are a rating 6 qi focus built into a pair of "Lone Star Bates-Brown Tactical Combat Boots". The boots themselves are str+2P, -4 ap, accuracy 4 when used to kick things. You also effectively have light body at rating 6 whenever the focus is active, which takes a simple action to activate and free action to deactivate. They cost 12 karma to attune and do not function until they have been attuned.

The gloves  are 2 more qi foci, one glove contains the ability to cast the spell fire bolt. The other gives you +1 to your spellcasting skill, assuming you actually have invested any points into the skill. You do not currently. The first glove counts as a rating 4 qi focus that requires 8 karma to attune and the second counts as a rating 2 qi focus that requires 4 karma to attune. Drain resistance is Willpower + Body

Keep in mind that while you can possess any number of foci, you may only have a cumulative number of foci rating currently active equal to your magic before you start suffering from focus addiction. So you can activate the gloves or the boots, but better not to activate both at once))
    Downtime 4 - Page 5 691-1b
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:18 pm

"Well thank you for the kind words and im glad that i was able to help your dad out. Im not the team leader here but we could always use an extra pair of hands."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:38 am

Sun puts on his new boots and tries on his new gloves. They turn out to fit like... well... a glove!

However, he feels bad about how he treated that girl they rescued from the tunnels. After alot of thinking, Sun realizes all he really knows, is punching and kicking. He neglected all other classes back at the temple. He finally realizes why the temple taught the other classes, focusing on broadening the mental and spiritual horizons. All the meditation classes, all the classes on auras, everything he just slept through and never paid attention to... It makes sense now.

He doesn't know where to even begin, so he goes back to the only other thing he actually knows besides punching and kicking: temples. Strapping his new boots tighter, he sets out on a pilgrimage to each temple he can visit on the mountain, ending with the temple he donated the seed from Baba Yaga's hut to.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:19 pm

Walking around the community center, Emiko sees that everyone is occupied with something.  This creates a bit of anxiety in Emiko since she does not like having nothing to do nor does she like being alone.

Fortunately, she has started spending time with Setsuko and wants to continue.  Setsuko mentioned she enjoyed the night with Emiko but it was not her thing normally, so Emiko will be very careful not to make Setsuko uncomfortable or think Emiko is looking for a serious relationship.  Emiko will watch Setsuko, see how her body reacts, leaning in to Emiko or away, and other body tells.  When the two meet for dinner Emiko will talk to Setsuko about being trained how to defend herself (Emiko took two levels of Unarmed Combat)

Emiko looks to improve her ability on the Matrix and wants to pick up a better agent.  She asks around but is unable to find what she is looking for.  She then turns to Sam and asks for one of his contacts to speak to; he tells Emiko to speak to Akina. (Emiko wants to buy an agent with a rating of 6)

Emiko also orders Shock Gloves and a Form-Fitting Body Armor.  She also splurges on a nice Armante' dress.

(Body Armor: equal hits 5:(6, 3, 6, 5, 5, 5, 3, 4, 1) vs 5:(6, 6, 1, 2, 6, 2, 3, 3, 2, 5, 1, 2, 6, 1)
    Found in Double Time

Seeing the other guys lending their time to the community, Emiko thinks about how she can contribute?  Teach hacking to the youth?  No, she doesn't think that would be in-line with the center.  Teach how to trick people into getting what you want?  No, that's also devious and will probably be frowned up.  Emiko decides she'll offer classes on yoga and fitness, asking the guys if she can use the dojo a few times a week.  She decides this is a win-win where she can keep in shape and help others.

When she's at home alone, Emiko looks for profiles of people online.  She studies their names, what they do at home, places they travel, and people they know.  In addition, she watches videos and listens for ways to mimic their voices and mannerisms.  Emiko begins building a repertoire of people she can become when she needs to be someone else; for a job or if she has to change identities again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:35 am