Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+6
Sam Dekker
Valacan
Emiko
Fuchou 复仇
Geert
GameMaster
10 posters

Downtime 4

RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Downtime 4 - Page 3 Empty Re: Downtime 4

Post by RafV Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:35 pm

Sun has a dumbfounded look on his face. "Bliss? What's that? Wait, nevermind. I'm not asking you to snitch on anyone. They just don't seem like good friends. If you're in trouble, they don't seem the kind of people to help you out. And if it's about getting work, I can give you some chores to get you started, and look around for something for you with a bit more future and growth potential"
    --------------------
    "Sorry, miss. No Jiangshi. I'm looking into a certain gang, ran by a certain Ork named King Cobra. I heard they're based out of some ruins and love snacks. I'm looking for any and all info available on them. If you can help me out, of course without endangering yourself, I can give you the scoop when we finish, so you know even before the police does. What do you say?"
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kitaro Saito
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by Geert Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:59 pm

Sam

A few hours later Sam's doll arrives back at his doorstep with a bill of 4437 Nuyen looking like this.
    Downtime 4 - Page 3 8b511fa3c010
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:37 pm

Sam transfers the money to Kitaro.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:52 am

Downtime 4 - Page 3 1534349116754Sam

Hanako responds:
    >>>>> I'm on my way

Auntie Muku says, "Sam dear! Are you alright? Hanako is frantic. She says that your home has been ransacked and police were about. You haven't been getting yourself into any trouble have you? We can't have Mingmei's hero getting arrested, now can we? Is there something I can do to help you? Where are you now?"
    Sun

Niku rolls his eyes and says, "My mom's got a chores job. Works full time as at a hotel, doing room service. It barely keeps the roof over our head. Half the time we have to choose between paying the food bill or the power bill. Selling bliss earns me 5 times what she gets so we can live in comfort without starving all the time."

---

Michiko says, "Gang activity isn't really my wheelhouse. I mostly like investigating weird occult stuff like that Jiangshi thing. I suppose I could tap one of my colleagues and see what he has to say about them. Hold on."

She taps out a message on her commlink. Moments later it chirps with a reply. Reading what she sees, she says, "Yeah, they have a base out west where they scavenge for parts. They pretty much all have cyberware in them which they use to run their bikes. They go all over town, pretty much exclusively raiding food shipment trucks, though they sometimes get in tussles with other gangs. Let's see... They apparently have a fair stash of firearms. The police pretty much leave them alone as they see them as more trouble to apprehend than they are worth. Looks like they make money by cooking up combat drugs, which they also occasionally use. Is there something specific you were hoping to find out?"
    Downtime 4 - Page 3 F477d778989118d2fce883122992e157
    Downtime 4 - Page 3 Shortcake_by_tacticalhamster-d4ck33rKitaro

Homura says, "Oh," and stops asking questions. The silence grows between the two like a yawning chasm of awkwardness. It is so intense, one can almost feel it in their bones; this strange feeling that someone should talk, but neither is currently bothering to do so. The ork quietly sips on a glass of water, apparently unsure what she should do or say.

Emiko

Setsuko smirks and says, "Sure, look who's talking like she he doesn't turn the head of every guy and a fair number of girls she walks past."

She taps one of the nearby muscle men on the arm and says, "I'll have some umeshu," to him before turning back to Emiko and saying, "Don't know if you've been paying attention to the games or anything, but I just kicked butt in my last match. Next match is in a few days and I'm feeling good about it. Little nervous, but nothing that a big serving of meat and booze won't calm. Funny thing is since I started playing, people recognize me, but are kind of intimidated at the same time. I mean, I guess I shattered that one troll's jaw, but it ain't like I'm going around busting EVERYONE up, right? It's seriously cutting into my love life. Haven't gotten laid in months. You know how they say that exercise helps take the edge off? Yeah, that's bullshit.

"Anyway, what about you? Up to anything interesting? You sound kind of different."

Downtime 4 - Page 3 Nqbuk8
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:38 am

"Kid, your mom does such a honest job to provide for you. I understand well enough that you'd want to make life for you and your mom a little better. That's very admirable of you. Think of your mom, though. Would she be okay, knowing her son is doing what he's doing? Wouldn't she be happier knowing her dearest would be helping out in a honest way, a way that'll keep him safe and out of trouble? If someday cops crack down on your friends, or rivals move into their turf, and you get caught in the middle, I'm sure it would break her heart."
    --------
    "The most useful things would be if there's any reports on their numbers, if they have a set way of going about their business, specifics on their vehicles and weapons, and anything related to the ruins. Stuff like documents about them from before they were ruins, or from after that if that exists, maps, structural information, and information about the area it's in. I'm thinking wildlife specifics, denseness of the plants growing there, any known communities near there. That sorta stuff."
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:26 am

Kitaro notices his plan worked a little too well and decides to break the silence with

If I was an ice cream flavour I would be strawberry, because I'm sweet and a little fruity. How about you?
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:49 am

"I am fine, Auntie. I am at my friends' community center. I do not think that I have anything to worry about from the police. But, you never do know with police. If it seems like I may be in trouble, I will let you know."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:34 pm

Auntie Muku says, "Alright. I was just checking in to make sure you are fine for the time being. You can tell us more about the matter over dinner. You are coming this week as usual right? It's getting cooler so I was thinking of making a nice oden. The persimmon tree out back is filling up nicely as well. You're free to take home as much as you like. The tree always grows more than we can ever eat."
    Sun

Niku says, "You think my mom doesn't know where her teenage kid is suddenly getting big money? Of course she does. The lights don't go on by themselves. I give her part of my stash to pay the bills and feed us, then keep the rest for me. She doesn't like it exactly, but not like her legit job is paying the bills. You do what you gotta do, you know? I ain't gonna get caught or nothing. I can smell a cop from a mile away."

---

Michiko says, "Well, I can't help you with all of that. Their bikes just seem to be made of random parts hacked together. Not all of them motorcycle parts. Reports say they just drive by trucks, shoot them up with some automatic weaponry, then loot as much as they can carry before driving off. They don't usually bother with anyone unless they are bothered first, except possibly the truck drivers. A few have been killed or taken while others are just left behind."

She keeps looking at her commlink as she continues, "Sorry, did I say west before? I meant south. They are off to the south. I swear I'm terrible with directions.

"I don't know if you remember, but there was a big arcology built there by Daiaku Motors. It was meant to be the solution to all the folk housed in the tunnels under the mountain and was praised as the solution to affordable housing and underemployment. It had drones all over to help supervise everything to cut down on law enforcement and general maintenance costs. Well, something happened to the central system and no one's really sure what happened exactly, but there's a few things we do know. First of all, arcology locked down and the drones probably massacred the residents. Luckily it wasn't fully online at the time so there were only a small number of test residents who were living there or it could have been truly terrible. Daiaku Motors was forced to send special forces in to shut down the system and while they were in there a massive explosion basically destroyed the arcology and any other evidence down there, possibly including any survivors that may have still been in there. The ruins have been left alone since then as it is too much trouble to bother with anymore, but there are reports of drones still functioning in the area and attacking those who get close. From what I understand, Daiaku Motors is still in court battles over the incident.

"You're not going to find any wildlife or people other than the Black Cobras around there. Most people aren't that crazy. It's pretty much deemed uninhabitable at the moment. Plantlife was presumably uprooted and paved over at the time of construction, but I don't know if anything has started growing since then.

"Anyway, Black Cobra apparently scavenges the area for parts. Given that they likely have to deal with murderous drones and possibly lethal levels of radiation, I'm sure they're pretty tough and resourceful compared to a lot of gangs out there. Reports estimate that the group has around 50 members though their attacks usually consist of about five to ten at a time. Haven't got any maps for you as any that would have been made are probably useless since the explosion, but their compound appears to be just to the west of where the drones are known to operate in."

Homura thinks for a moment and says, "Matcha, because I love traditional things used in non-traditional ways. Also because it seems bitter and weird, but only when you don't enjoy it with enough sweetness to balance it."

The meals arrive at this time and Homura's consists of a cheese omelette with a side of meat on a bed of rice. It comes in a teacup shaped bowl with a rabbit ear headband attached to it. Homura pulls the headband off the teacup and slips it on her head. The over-sized, pink rabbit ears seem to match her hair and outfit. She gives a big, tusk-bearing grin and says, "How do I look?"
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:38 pm

"Yes, Auntie. I will be there for dinner."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Stun Track: 3/10

Post by Emiko Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:07 pm

Emiko smiles, giggles, and puts a hand on Setsuko's shoulder during the 'head turning' comment. At the mention of Setsuko's love life, however, Emiko leans in closer.

"What have I been up to?  Nothing too exciting like you but I can't help but keep from getting into trouble.  Just out there having fun, making a few nuyen in the process," Emiko says with a wink. "I got a little hurt and I'm getting much better."

Emiko thinks to herself, "I should go back and find samples of my voice to practice with and make sure not nobody else notices a difference."  

Continuing the conversation, Emiko puts her hand on Setsuko's, and says, "That's why I have a hard time watching you play. I mean, I know you can kick ass but I would worry if something happened to you."" Emiko follows up to lighten the conversation by saying, "let's get that big serving of meat and booze and see what we can do about calming those nerves."

She then leans back and says, "so you broke a troll's jaw, tell me all about it!"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:52 am

Auntie Muku says, "Alright. See you then. Stay safe now!" and then hangs up, her image winking out from the display on Sam's glasses.

About twenty minutes later, Hanako arrives and starts talking in a frantic, yet completely inaudible manner. Luckily Sam invested in his little ring to help with this. Once he turns it on, he can hear her clearly say, "... ried! I was afraid something had happened to you! Tell me everything that happened! Why is your apartment empty and why are you living here?"
    Emiko

Setsuko grabs some slices of meat with a pair of tongs and slaps them down on the small grill in the table. They sizzle as the gas flames rapidly cook them over the course of about 30 seconds. She flips the meat expertly as she talks, the oils from which cause the flames to flare up into a huge inferno that she does not seem particularly bothered by. Using the tongs to pick up an ice cube from a nearby bowl, she tamps down the flames pretty quickly. "It's not so bad. There's always a medic about to patch you up and with advances in medicine and magic these days, even a really horrible bullet wound can be completely healed up in a day or two. Just gotta survive long enough to get to the doctor is all. So long as you have your protective gear on, it's pretty rare that anyone gets REALLY badly injured.

"But yeah, you shoulda seen it. I'm in this blown out building, right? And I can see the goal through a hole in the wall. The way looks clear and I figure my team mates are keeping the other side pinned down elsewhere so I slip out of the building and make a run for the goal when out of nowhere this troll leaps down from atop a building or something. He's got these crazy pneumatic cyberlegs to he's fine, even though he crushes the road he lands on. I run right into him and fall on my ass. He comes to tackle me and I roll back onto my feet, just as I hear their Outrider coming up from behind me. So he's got this SMG and it's all DUKA DUKA DUKA! I'm like shit! I'm so dead! So instead of standing up, I jump straight at the troll's face and freaking deck him with a headbutt to the jaw. He doesn't see it coming and is out like a light, so I end up using him as a body shield as the Outrider's all shooting at me. I pull out my shotgun and boom! The Outrider loses control of his motorcycle and crashes into a light post. I book it for the goal and score. It was amazing."

RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:08 am

Sun scratches his beard for a moment, then starts talking about random pleasantries for a bit, to then follow with: "So Niku, why did you join the big brother project?"

----------------------------------------

"Thank you for the info. You've been most helpful! I'll make sure you get the scoop once we finish things." Sun says goodbye to the journalist, and relays the info he got back to the rest of the team.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:54 am

Homura

Kitaro smiles and says "Very nice miss Homura, it's really ... you" He points at the bunny ears and asks "May I?".
    As Homura hands him the bunny ears, Kitaro uses his fashion spell to make them match the color of his suit perfectly and puts them on his head.
    "How do they look on me?"
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:27 am

"I am not really able to talk about it," Sam tells Hanako. He speaks slowly, choosing his words carefully. "I had a... problem... with an... assignment... I was working on. At work. You know I am not allowed to talk about what I do at work. But it is being handled. I may have to move."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:13 pm

While Setsuko is sharing her story, Emiko cooks meat for herself and drinks her fruity beverage.

Emiko says wide-eyed, "Wow! That sounds intense."

"Here's to you kickin' ass," Emiko says raising her glass to Setsuko's to clink. "I'll have to go back and watch it.  In fact, if you're not doing anything later, how about coming back to my place after this and we can watch it together?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:20 pm

Through his ring, Sam hears Hanako say, "Move? Move where?" in a clearly panicked voice. "You aren't being transferred out of town, are you? So suddenly? Why don't you get a new job in the city? I'm sure there're lots of places that would hire you."
    Sun

Niku says, "I didn't. Ma enrolled me. Come on man, you couldn't have ALWAYS been as old as dirt. What kid in their right mind would sign up for a glorified babysitter? Nah man. I'd rather be off getting paid than getting lectured. Ma thought it would be good for me, for whatever reason."

---

Michiko says, "Alright. I'm not sure what things you're planning on finishing, but try not to get yourself killed. The jiangshi thing was bad enough. Fooling around with a gang is probably worse."

Homura says, "Sure!" as she hands over the rabbit ears. When they change color, she claps and says, "Nice! You're a magician too? Well, of course you are. You're an elf and my sister knows you. Only way she'd know an elf is if they were customers. What else can you do?"

She digs into her meal as she waits for a response.

Emiko

Setsuko clinks her glass and takes a sip of her drink, a large green plum floating at the bottom. She says, "Trixflix and chill at your place? My dear Emiko, if I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to seduce me."

Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:40 pm

"No. I am not leaving the city. I will probably stay here. At least until I can find a new apartment in the city."
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:23 am

"Ooh, I figured Madouka would have mentioned that already."
    Kitaro bends a little over the table towards Homura.
    "I can do lots of fun stuff."
    Kitaro touches Homura's hand for a moment and uses his 'Makeover' spell to color her fingernails in a variety of flashy colors.
    "See."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:17 am

Putting her hands out together, wrists upright, Emiko smiles and says, "you got me! Can't blame a girl for trying."

"I think it's the intoxicating drinks, all these shirtless men, the mouthwatering meat, " Emiko pauses, "and you looking so amazing that I'm feeling really good right now and I want to take you home and spend the evening with you." Emiko leans in closer to Setsuko, "Let's get out of here and take this party back to my place."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:34 pm

Hanako noticeably calms a little when she hears Sam. She then pauses a moment and says, "If you need a place to stay, I'm sure mom wouldn't mind if you stayed with us for a while. She'd probably be really happy to have you around, truth be told."

Emiko

Setsuko ponders a bit and says, "Well, girls aren't usually my thing but... I suppose it would be less potentially threatening to my career than taking one of these guys home might be. Alright, what the heck. Let's finish up here and go to your place."

Homura says, "Well, she didn't say a whole lot. Wanted me to make up my own mind about you rather than trying to sell you up. She just gave me your name and a picture from the security camera in the shop. Really blurry thing though, it was barely good enough for me to recognize you when you drove up. You look much better in real life."

She gazes down at her fingers and giggles. "Nice!" she says, "I wasn't born with any magical talent myself. Sewing is the one thing I'm good at. Well, I'm fair at sports, but I suppose it's unfair to compare my strength to the human kids. They're just all naturally weak. I don't even have to work out or anything."

Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:57 pm

"I think that you are probably right. I will consider it. But, for now, I am comfortable here."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:09 pm

Downtime 4 - Page 3 500_F_245518349_4VUrCsCbLVbEmJiLjorYbHTCwsmWGAuAEmiko

The pair finish off their meal which is good, but not great. Clearly the restaurant was trying to get by on atmosphere more than cuisine. Still, the girls have other things on their minds and head off to Emiko's apartment where they spend a couple hours getting drunk and playing strip Magic the Gathering. Things quickly devolve from there and the two soon find themselves in each other in her bedroom for the rest of the night. They awaken the next day, their clothes strewn about the room.
    Hanako seems a little disappointed by Sam's answer, but doesn't go out of her way to say anything about it. It is likely Sam doesn't even notice it. "Alright," she says, "Think about it though. We have plenty of room if you decide to stay with us. Well, you must have work to do. I'll see you at dinner this week, okay?"Downtime 4 - Page 3 15adaebd92d05ac909d2ac34bae8cb21
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:55 pm

Sam does not notice it.
    "Okay," he says. "I will see you then." And he turns away from Hanako to go tinker some more with his new android in his room, shutting the door behind him.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:38 am

Homura

Kitaro puts up an index finger and says "Don't be down on yourself miss Homura. Sewing is a VERY nice skill to have. I would go as far as putting it in my top 5 favorite skills ever!"

He straightens his napkin and slowly begins to nibble on his food."I don't go around bragging about my magical skills you know. As a matter of fact, I usually try to hide being awakened. Once people know you're a magician they always seem to want something from you."

Last edited by Geert on Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:38 am; edited 2 times in total
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:43 am

Sun finishes the conversation with Niku by talking about general pleasantries, including stuff the kid enjoys doing, tales of when Sun was younger, and such. He sets up a date for the next time they meet, and parts.

Back at the community center, he asks around if anyone has any idea where to find a Bliss den, to show the kid what it does to those who use it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:52 pm