Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

3 posters

Downtime 6 - Megumi, Misaki, Kuroi

Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:
    Physical Track: /
    Stun Track: /

Downtime 6 - Megumi, Misaki, Kuroi - Page 2 Empty Re: Downtime 6 - Megumi, Misaki, Kuroi

Post by Skia2016 Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:32 pm

"It may be a problem for the client if some of that moral grey area causes suffering for a portion of the populations." Megumi replies matter of factly, "Then he might see his whole charade catching up to him. Its not like the majority of those at the bottom choose their lifestyle freely."

KuroiHitsuji likes this post

KuroiHitsuji
    KuroiHitsuji

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kuroi Hitsuji / Theodore Anderson
    Physical Track: 5/11
    Stun Track: 7/10

Downtime 6 - Megumi, Misaki, Kuroi - Page 2 Empty Re: Downtime 6 - Megumi, Misaki, Kuroi

Post by KuroiHitsuji Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:44 pm

"Well Misaki, will it be fine?"
    "As I understood it, she seems okay with some grey stuff"

"I had expected a stonecold killer, but this works too"
    "She might have some insights into the bodyguard business"

kuroi waves at the bartender for a coke more.

"Aynways, do any of you have a plan?"
    Misaki
    Misaki

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Misaki Ogawa
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Misaki Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:09 am

Misaki spends a few moments reading her fixer's reply to her inquiries.

"Shohei says that he was accused of insider trading," Misaki says and shrugs afterwards. I hope that doesn't rub your morals the wrong way," Misaki said to Megumi.

Misaki texted Kuroi:
    You really think it's ok to pull scores in the presence of a cop?

"As for the plan, we have a few days to figure it out. I can probably be the aggressor by using a remote drone."

Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:23 am

Megumi has to think about this, as she says insider trading, and insider trading could mean anything. "I guess that is okay, although i honestly don't see any reason why he would want to fake his death over something menial."

KuroiHitsuji
    KuroiHitsuji

Runner Dossier

Post by KuroiHitsuji Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:44 pm

Kuroi responds to the text from Misaki:

>>>>>"Well your fixer set this up, so she must be a runner though with quite a cover"
    "Yes, she may have some higher morals, but so did we once"

"Well the dude is a celebrity, maybe he just wants out"
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:15 pm

There is something not right about this, but she better play it cool. "Makes sense. But are there not a variety of ways to change your appearance already?"

All you need to do is find the right doctor to give you a new face, body, genitals, ect. She makes her own comlink search on Mason Lam

KuroiHitsuji
    KuroiHitsuji

Runner Dossier

Post by KuroiHitsuji Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:28 pm

Kuroi smiles

"Indeed there are many ways to change your appearance, makes it harder to be recognized later, you can even have your DNA changed or so I have heard"

Kuroi empties his coke, as the waitor brings him a new one.

"but whatever motive he has for wanting to disappear it does not change the job"
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:51 pm

"Your right, it doesn't," Megumi mentions as she takes another drink, "yet it also doesn't keep the client from magically returning and turning on us."

KuroiHitsuji
    KuroiHitsuji

Runner Dossier

Post by KuroiHitsuji Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:00 pm

Kuroi lifts one eyebrow and looks at Dragonfly

"The client don't even know who we are, and the target and the client may not even know each other"
    Kuroi takes a sip of his coke
    "the target will not know who we are either, also there are many ways to make the target forget what happened"

Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:03 am

There are a variety of things Megumi wants to say in return, its her careful nature coming out. This time though, she just shrugs and replies, "fair enough."

Misaki
    Misaki

Runner Dossier

Post by Misaki Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:20 am

"Ok. Well if we're all in this, we just have to meet with Shohei to learn about the details."

Misaki sniffed. Somehow, the last bit of conversation seemed to sap all the potential fun of out of the mission. Misaki downed the last portion of her drink and waited to get the attention of the bartender so that she could order another one.

"So Dragonfly, do you run with a regular crew?"

Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:32 am

"Not really," Megumi replies evenly, "Honestly I never really got out much, let alone ran the shadows before now," she has noticed something changed as she vents her thoughts freely. "Most of my days were devoted to being super cop: a portion devoted to patrol, then saving time for high risk captures, and the rest is off duty. But I guess something changed when i filled in for a player for the Dragons."

Reminiscing is bitter sweet to her, as she is used to death, but something changed after Setsuko's departure. "I lost my friend, and nearly lost my life, during the game. Something about it felt like a bit of a divine awakening in a sense."

Misaki
    Misaki

Runner Dossier

Post by Misaki Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:34 am

Misaki's eyes widen.

"Dragons? Game? Are you talking about Urban Brawl? Woah shit, that's heavy. Were you a player as well?"

Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:29 am

"A fill in for the championship game." Megumi replies embarrassed..."why am i saying all this" she thinks to herself. "Anyway, its not important."

She would be more likely to brag if Jacques would have been more flexible. Yet, his rigidness could lead to a slew of opportunities for her.

KuroiHitsuji
    KuroiHitsuji

Runner Dossier

Post by KuroiHitsuji Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:27 am

"Right, let us get under way"

Kuroi empties his coke. pays his bill and turns towards the doors to get outside on the streets.

"Nebula, Dragonfly, you got wheels?"
    Misaki
    Misaki

Runner Dossier

Post by Misaki Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:57 am

Misaki laughed.

"Do I have wheels..."

She walked with the two of them and led them to her van.

"So how should we approach this? Should I be the assassin side or the bodyguard?"

Last edited by Misaki on Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:48 pm

"I have an Americar" Megumi reples evenly. Thinking of it as the no frills car of the law abiding citizen...well...in her case, the off duty law enforcer. "Its not made for defensive driving, but its not like I am trying to find trouble when I am off the clock."

As the words come out of her mouth, she imagines how Miku will probably think of her as extremely dull. Surprise fills her as she thinks of how someone as dull and skiddish as her could actually have found a friend, let alone a potential partner.

Misaki
    Misaki

Runner Dossier

Post by Misaki Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:34 am

"So... should I portray the hired guard, or the assassin? As the guard, I can be the armored transport, and as the assassin, I can show up with Bunny or Pretzel. They're drones, if you don't catch my drift. Either way, I don't need to show my face and take the reputation hit."

KuroiHitsuji
    KuroiHitsuji

Runner Dossier

Post by KuroiHitsuji Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:03 pm

"Hmmm, maybe the drone attack would be good, any way to track them back to you or us?"
    Kuroi walks to Misakis car
    "Also remember to load gel rounds, and at least a few capsule rounds loaded with blood"
    "We will need video material that looks like kill shots, so go ahead and overdo the shooting, maybe go full auto"

kuroi holds the door open for Misaki
    "Megumi and I should play the roles of first responders, and take the guy away"
    "Also I have an idea that could make sure that our target will get declared dead"
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:00 pm

Megumi is only paying half attention as they talk. She still can't shake the bigger at hand: this client shouldn't have to go to this much trouble to disappear, especially if she suspects someone dangerous is after them.

"I could do the first responder role," she replies in a daze, "I will at least have an alibi."...and hopefully Yuuna will understand.

KuroiHitsuji
    KuroiHitsuji

Runner Dossier

Post by KuroiHitsuji Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:11 pm

"Awesome Megumi, Do you think you might could get your hands on some uniforms for you and me?"

Kuroi waits for them to enter the car

"If you two have any ideas please let me know"
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:31 pm

"Sure, i have a whole closet full of them at home." Megumi replies sarcastically, before changing to an aggressive tone, "What the fuck do you think?! My job is my livelihood, and i am not going to be careless and throw it all away over a side hussle." When she calms down, she continues, "I am deeply embedded in the system, so asking me to retrieve anything illegal is beyond imprudent."

KuroiHitsuji
    KuroiHitsuji

Runner Dossier

Post by KuroiHitsuji Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:54 pm

Kuroi is quite taken aback by Megumis harshness.
    "I think you might have mistaken what I said. I did not ask you to steal uniforms, but get some, as the one with the experience you should know how they should look and how to wear them"
    "So calm the frag down, and at one point you will have to cross that line, you can't run and not commit any criminal acts"
    Kuroi is feeling worried about Megumi, what is this, what is her problem.
    "I mean you are aware of what we are going to do right?"
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:09 pm

"Well no drek," Megumi snipes back, "which is why i want to do things more discretely. I have a lot more on the line if the trails comes back to me."

She gave up an Urban Brawl ticket to stay on the force, she will not expend it so imprudently.

KuroiHitsuji
    KuroiHitsuji

Runner Dossier

Post by KuroiHitsuji Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:37 pm

"I guess you understand me, we wont be posing as cops, to high profile, but EMT's coming by the incident by pure luck, pick him up and go"
    "nobody ever take real notice of the EMT or check their ID's when they have an emergency going on, and noone in their right mind would stop them"

Kuroi sees the plan unfold in his mind
    "You do have a fake ID right?"
    "don't leave a trail an such"

"Oh yeha, and if you have some expenses getting the gear, I will pay out of my pocket"
    Kuroi thinks about it again
    "Might have to get our hands on an ambulance"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:53 am