Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

2 posters

Downtime 6 - Megumi

Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:
    Physical Track: /
    Stun Track: /

Downtime 6 - Megumi Empty Downtime 6 - Megumi

Post by Skia2016 Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:33 pm

Megumi feels absolutely emboldened, empowered, by the time she spent with Miku. Its as if the whole week of dealing with stereotypes in Urban Brawl, the death of Setsuko, and nearly getting killed for sport has a silver lining. Yet even as she comes down, she knows she will have to talk to Jacques about the issue of her scheduling. I only work ten hours a week, she thinks to herself, along with emergencies, she admonishes further. However, she could see training for Urban Brawl as another means of police training. She just needs too persuade Jacques of such: calling him, she replies "Jacques, we really need to discuss the elephant in the room if I will be joining the dragons."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Downtime 6 - Megumi Empty Re: Downtime 6 - Megumi

Post by GameMaster Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:55 pm

Downtime 6 - Megumi Jacque JonesJacque raises an eyebrow to the oni and says, "Elephant in the room? And just what elephant might that be?"
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:22 am

"My police work," she replies unscathed, "I work ten hours a week for the force, along with being on call. I will honestly have little problem with training and competing without any interference from my day job."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:45 am

Downtime 6 - Megumi Jacque JonesJacque says, "I'm gonna level with ya. You can keep your job in the off season, but once things start ramping up, having a second job will get in the way. I'll need you for training, but they'll need you for a patrol. Or worse, you'll be unable to leave work during a match. Besides that, law enforcement doesn't exactly take kindly to urban brawl. You start being a regular in the league and I imagine your bosses on the force will have words to say about it. The two aren't gonna be compatible with one another."
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:08 pm

Megumi responds, "I realize, and i will admit, i was skeptical about the stereotypes, and nearly getting killed for sport, but maybe one good example can change some of the game." She starts to sound cold as she continues, "Besides, my bosses on the fucking force were just as skeptical about having a fucking oni on the force, but i prove to do my job more efficiency than those who are exploiting civilians and suspects alike FOR TARGET PRACTICE!!!"

She takes a moment to breathe, "My point is if i am just there for the off seasons, or as a fill in on occasions, so be it. I am not concerned about the fame, or money, as i am more concerned about my self empowerment, and making a better example for my race."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:11 pm

Downtime 6 - Megumi Jacque JonesJacque raises a confused eyebrow and says, "You done? Because none of that has anything to do with the topic at hand. Whatever insecurities you have about the color of your skin or the horns on your head have nothing to do with getting work done. If you're going to work for us, we need you to work, not show up when you please. Off season's when we aren't playing. Only thing we do then is training. If you show up for training, but not for the games, it kind of defeats the purpose of the training, you get me? Besides that, you go running around after criminals and maybe you get hurt. That means we're down a player and may have to forfeit if we can't find a replacement on short notice. The league charges us for forfeits so that means you'll be costing us money.

"Same goes for your police job. They don't like urban brawl. It's one of the reasons why the league moves around and doesn't announce where it's gonna be playing it's next match. The police tend to come in and give the league a hard time, even if everything we're doing is technically legal. Even if that wasn't the case, they wouldn't want you showing up to work with injuries from playing urban brawl. That makes you a liability when you're chasing the bad guys. You start associating with the league and your police buddies are gonna want you to stop. It would be the same if you were a human, elf, or fragging dragon. So bottom line, it's police or urban brawl. Both aren't gonna work simultaneously."
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:13 pm

"Then i apologize for wasting your time," she replies calmly, "I knew the risks i was taking when i joined the force; as if i am to die, i would rather do it defending the innocent than for sport." She clicks the end call quickly not wanting any further objections.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:49 pm

The line is cut and the offer apparently declined, leaving Megumi to her own devices.
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:02 pm

As Megumi prepares to hit the afterburner, she decides to give Yuuna a call. Obviously everything of her recent conversation sounds suspicious, so maybe an outsider's perspective could be helpful.

Once she gets Yuuna on the line, she replies, "Hey girl, you will not believe what just happened."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:00 am

Downtime 6 - Megumi Yuuna SuzukiThe image of Yuuna appears. She is still in uniform as she responds, "Did you agree to another date with someone you were arresting? You really need to not do that, Megumi-san. There is a dating pool outside of the criminals you arrest, I swear. Besides, I'm pretty sure it violates all sorts of ethics clauses in our contracts for that matter..."
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:51 am

Megumi laughs at this, what was once a sting at her credibility and integrity from desperate individuals feels hilarious after her time with Miku. "Nah, actually, i found a nice receptionist a few nights ago." she still feels like shes on cloud nine after the mix of embarrassment and nervousness from that night, "But I will tell you about that one later. Tonight i was contacted by either a very bold or very stupid runner claiming i would be perfect for helping someone fake their death. Either this is a trap or something that needing to be sorted immediately."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:26 am

Downtime 6 - Megumi Yuuna SuzukiYuuna raises her eyebrow and says, "Well that sounds more sketchy than I was expecting. You're not planning on actually helping with that, right? I don't need to be any kind of accessory to whatever very illegal sounding plan that might involve. I'd advise you to keep away from that runner as well."
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:42 am

"Well no shit it sounds sketchy." Megumi replies sarcastically, "Only thing i am doing is trying to gather some information on whoever obtained my number for this. As it sounds like people i closed the door on years ago."

This is actually a half truth: while Megumi exiled her family years ago, for the lies that sparked her ambition to join the force, she knows her family isn't stupid enough to pull a stunt like this. Yet someone is...and yet again, she may be walking into a trap alone.

Rethinking it all, she replies, "You know what? Its not worth it. Miku is right, i REALLY have to find better influences in my life. Which speaking of her, i will have to tell you all about her."

"And how you won an Urban Brawl Championship?" Scolding herself on Jacque's words. This is going to be complicated, but she will find a way to explain everything later.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:00 am

Downtime 6 - Megumi Yuuna SuzukiYuuna says, "That the 'nice receptionist' you mentioned? She's like... a normal person? As in not a criminal. Because it's good to meet people outside of work. In fact, it's a hell of a lot better place to do it. Literally anywhere but work."
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:18 pm

"Surprisingly, I did." Megumi replies, thinking of a way to tell her story, while leaving specific parts out, "I did a thing a few nights ago and decided to check out a cyber burlesque show. It helped me come out of my shell a bit more and I decided to talk to her."

"Maybe if I fuck up, she can tell Miku my last thoughts were of her." She thinks admonishing herself. Trying to get cover if she fucked up was obviously a mistake.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:56 am

Downtime 6 - Megumi Yuuna Suzuki"That's fabulous news,"Yuuna says, clearly happy for Megumi, "I hope it works out well, I really do. So tell me about her. What's she like?"
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:33 am

Megumi blushes, feeling a sense of joy from her approval. She is sweet and understanding, thankfully could see past my initial shyness. Thankfully she also understands the dilemma of a busy work schedule with little free time to decompress. I will be thankful for the time we have to spend."

Being on cloud 9, she has all but forgotten where she is going for a moment.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:13 pm

Downtime 6 - Megumi Yuuna Suzuki"I'm happy to hear it," Yuuna says, "You know when you're going to be seeing her again? Oh! Should I run a background check on her? See if I can dig up anything interesting? I'm sure she's all on the up and up, but I don't mind double checking to be sure. I bet that's why you called right? To make sure? You don't have to say a word. I'll get it done first thing tomorrow morning."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:25 am