Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

4 posters

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!!

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 26 Empty Re: Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!!

Post by GameMaster Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:23 pm

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 26 Miku YamanashiMegumi

Miku says, "I don't get a whole lot of time off, so mostly I just go out drinking like I am right now. If I had more time, I'd probably do some travelling. Always wanted to take an airship tour of the islands and maybe even the world. What about you?"
    Pretti

Marie says, "I'm gonna be late tonight, but I've got tomorrow off. We could watch it then." When asked about what if the accident hadn't happened, Marie sarcastically says, "A girl without mecha legs? I'da never given you the time of day."
    Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 26 Marie%20Kishi
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:
    Physical Track: /
    Stun Track: /

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 26 Empty Re: Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!!

Post by Skia2016 Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:13 pm

Megumi replies, feeling more comfortable, "Usually my time is spent on threat response and training. There is some aspects of fun in training and improving myself." her thoughts flash back to Jacques for a split second, "But traveling actually sounds like a lot of fun, to explore the world through new perspectives, and embrace new and unique cultures. One of these days it will be a reality, but it would be more fun with a companion."
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Pr3tti
    Physical Track: 4/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:55 pm

Pretti grins at MK’s reply. She also takes her hand. “You were there while these sexy legs were just hunks-a-metal... or... ore. Oh, I don’t know the process.

“But Three-Pie-Oh definitely noticed you at my bedside when he started on me. I’m glad you’re joining me today. It’ll be nice for the Doc to see us together.”

She doesn’t wait for MK to challenge that statement.

“Okay, ya got me. I like showing you off.”

Thoughts on yesterday keep invading Pretti’s head. But they face tough competition: the feel of MK’s voice and the touch of her hand and the memories of the spark that began their relationship. Pretti may not fully realize how right she was that Marie should travel with her. Alone, only the thoughts of Setsuko’s violent murder would plague her mind.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:29 pm

Miku says, "Sounds like you're a company gal like me. Too much time spent working and not enough time for anything else. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing if you enjoy what you're doing.

"So I take it, you're looking for a companion then?"
    Pretti

Marie teasingly says, "Yeah well, I'm a catch. Who wouldn't like showing me off? Count your blessings that I deign grant you the time of day. You know girls aren't usually my thing. Only reason I gave you the chance is because I don't have to deal with you from the waist down. Anyway, lets go make sure those legs are still alright." Marie didn't talk about it much, and never in detail, but there was obviously trauma in her past that made sexual relationships difficult for her. Pretti knew better than to press Marie on it, but Pretti's physical handicaps were always considered a positive to Marie. They took away all the pressure that would otherwise be present in a 'normal' relationship.
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:49 pm

Megumi blushes before weakly saying, "I am." she tries to be a bit braver, speaking up, "I am ready to live with more joy in my life. Even if its small things, like drinks or shows, it won't be fun without the right company."
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:32 am

It had been some time since MK hinted at the thing she doesn’t want to talk about. Between exiting the transport and entering the Doc’s office, Pretti says to MK, “You know you can tell me anything. Even if I don’t ask.

“And I’m thinking, maybe I’m wrong to hide stuff from you... like what I went through yesterday. I’m gonna have to tell Three-Pie-Oh straight up when he checks on me, y’know. You can be there with me or hang in the waiting room, and I’m fine either way. I really couldn’t have handled being alone on the way up. I was a lot needier than usual today.

“If you have it rough, for whatever reason, feel free to tell me what you wanna tell me. I can just listen without a word if it’s what you need.”
    Pretti leaves it at that for now, lingering by the ladies’ room door in the lobby, in case MK wants to talk in private before Pretti checks in.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:16 pm

Miku says, "That sounds like fun. I don't have a whole lot of friends because work keeps me too busy to meet up with them more often than not. But if you want to do something and also happen to be free on my rare day off, I wouldn't mind. Just don't get upset if I can't make it due to work. It won't be personal, I promise."
    Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 26 ThreepioPretti

Marie says, "Don't worry about me. I'm not the one who needs a mechanic. Let's go."

The pair head up to Threepio's lab and are greeted by the scientist himself, who is currently apparently in the middle of developing some piece of unidentifiable cyberware. "Hello ladies. Welcome! Come in, come in." The old man spoke with a slight Victorian accent, but his Desian was otherwise impeccable. Patting an operating table, he says, "Have a lay down and lets see what's going on with you."
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:47 pm

"As long as you are okay when the same happens to me," Megumi giggles playfully, "The force is a rewarding job, with a lot of unpredictably. But at least now, even if we need to navigate busy schedules, there is something to look forward to on what free time we are given."
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:24 pm

((Nice!!! Love the Threepio avatar!!!))

Pretti removes her jacket and skirt. She still has a tee shirt on which features some prominent female Brightworld characters on it. The shirt can be hiked up to expose where flesh meets metal, at the waist, if need be.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:54 am

Miku says, "Deal then," She offers her contact information to Megumi and after some more talking lets her know that she has an early morning ahead of her and needs to get going. The interaction is pleasant and Miku seems to genuinely want to get together again sometime, and is not just saying that to be polite. She then leaves Megumi to her devices, the night hour growing late.

Threepio grabs some tools and disconnects Pretti's legs for better inspection. She feels a brief, but intense pain like the pins and needles feeling one gets when a limb falls asleep as the nerves in her body disconnect from the hardware. It is pretty awful, but luckily over quickly. Threepio tsks and says, "Been treating these legs roughly, I see. Got at least one bullet lodged in here. The good news is I don't see any real structural damage. Mostly cosmetic. Shouldn't take more than an hour or two to fix it all up. There anything you want me to do to the legs while you're here?"
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:14 am

((Does she need to be hooked up to a life support system? I mean, is her metal pelvis coming off with the legs? That’s what I picture happening.))

Once able to speak, Pretti says, “Only one? I mean, ha-ha, how’d that get there?” She isn’t sure that being shot is something you get to fluff off as a joke.

As for the anything-else question… “What do you have in mind? I am curious as to what you were working on when I came in here.”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:17 am

((no need for life support as the legs are being separated from her metal hips which remain attached to her fleshy body. It still doesn't feel good though))

Threepio says, "The legs are as stuffed full of modifications as they can be. You just about are as well for that matter. But I can swap out and mods in the legs you may wish to change out. Or we could put an air tank in to go with the fins in your legs so you can go scuba diving without gear. As for this thing I was working on, it's a heart."

He shows the device to Pretti, but it looks nothing like what she'd expect a heart to look like. It just looks like a sort of small box with tubes coming out of it. "Might not look like much," he says, "But if it works, it should allow for more efficient pumping of blood and provide the side effect of allowing one's body to support more cyberware than is normal. Not without it's drawbacks. There are drugs one has to take daily to maintain the body's equilibrium, and the user won't have a heartbeat anymore, which is more emotionally troubling than physically so. But the blood will still flow through the body normally, just in a constant stream instead of in pumped bursts. I'm still working on it though."
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:36 am

Pretti is definitely interested in the air tank. But... “You mean like an air tank in my legs? Where would the tank go? I love the idea of swimming without worrying about drowning, but… is this tank going to be something obvious?”

Pretti wants to ‘pass for human’ from the waist up.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:07 am

Threepio laughs and says, "Nah, unrelated to your legs. Those are as stuffed as we can get them. I suppose we could swap out the raptor feet for monkey feet. Or a magnetic system. Oooh telescopic legs! You could be 2 meters taller! I'd have to take out the hydraulic jacks though... Anyway, I'm getting side tracked. The air tank would go in your chest, not your legs. "

Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:38 am

”Strictly interior? So my body—waist up—will appear cyber-free?” Pretti is pretty sure Threepio knows how important it is to her to be ‘herself’ from the waist up. Yeah, she accepted the cyber eyes... and synthetic skin makes operations easier, she suspects. She doesn’t really want to know how much of her insides are wire and metal.

If the tank won’t show, she’s interested and will ask follow-ups: “Will the tank be like gills, converting water so I can breathe while submerged? Or does the oxygen somehow keep replenishing, like from the carbon dioxide I exhale? I guess ‘limited supply’ is more obvious, but then how would the tank fill?”

She also will of course want to know the cost, and if her body can handle it. ((I have no idea what my 0.57 essence means, aside from that being a terribly low number.))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:10 am

Threepio raises an eyebrow and says, "Dear, your bones are already made of titanium and you have a tail. Pretty much the only thing in you that's still completely cyber free are your organs, and even then only if you ignore your eyes. 'Cyber free' is a ship that has sailed and landed in several foreign ports by now. Your body is able to handle the tank. It will replace part of your lungs and will contain enough air for you to hold your breath for hours. How many depends on how much you're looking to spend. 6,750 nuyen per hour up to three hours worth of air. Refilling can be done over the course of about 6 hours of regular breathing, or in a few minutes through an intake valve you would have under your rib cage."  

Last edited by GameMaster on Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:28 am

”I just want to, on the outside, waist-up... y’know.” Does Pretti really want to explain how she likes to hold MK? Stare in a mirror and pretend there’s flesh below the waist?

Or just skip to the part that swimming sounds fun!

“Well, if you’re gonna open me up, I’ll spend the thirteen-five for the full three hours. Only if this is a hundred percent internal. If I have to have an intake valve popping outta my sternum or something, I’d rather not undergo the operation.

“I do love the idea of swimming underwater without gear. This is second only to gills!”
    Figuring it doesn’t hurt to ask: “Are gills an option? Or will they be someday?”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:02 am

Threepio nods and says, "Gills are an option. I can only provide you with the cyber version, though there's a bio version as well. I only offered the suggestion of the air tank because there are many situations in which not needing to breathe can be useful. Smoggy days, for example. The cybergill requires you to inhale water into your lungs that you later need to flush out, which is both time consuming, loud and not exactly pleasant. It technically allows unlimited time underwater, barring other dangers such as nitrogen narcosis which many people often implant air tanks in addition to the gills, but with pure helium to manage their body’s levels of nitrogen. As I said, the tank does require a small port just under the rib cage, but it will hardly be an issue."

Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:52 am

“All internal.” That is Pretti’s understanding. She will pay the 13500 for the tank. She does remember the bio option for the gills, and may look into a gill option another time.

“Let’s do it. Oh, but it is an oxygen tank, right? Would breathing helium give somebody a really high-pitched voice?” She’s amused by the thought, but not enough to laugh at her own joke.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:36 pm

Threepio says, "It's a tank. What gas you choose to put into said tank is up to you. You could put chlorine gas in there and poison yourself if that's really what you want. But that's a rather expensive and roundabout way of doing that. Like I said, it's typically used for oxygen if one wants to breathe from it, or helium if one wants to flush nitrogen from their system. Either way, it's designed to be filled through a port and while I can certainly install it without cutting a hole for the port, you'd be losing out on some function and would feel the pressure of the port pushing on you from inside. If you really want, I'll do it, but it's a silly hill to die on."

Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:31 pm

“So all internal... but just a hole? Like, in my torso? Where would that be?”

Pretti is uneasy, but at the same time, curious. Intrigued, in fact. If a bikini strap can cover the hole…
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:55 pm

Threepio says, "As I mentioned before, the port goes in your side, right under your rib cage. Up to you which side you want it to be, if you have a preference. It's about the size of a bike tire valve, though it obviously won't be poking out as far as one of those. It'll be almost flush with your flesh. "

Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:04 am

Pretti replies, “Okay, Threepio… for the full thirteen-five then. If you’re gonna put an oxygen tank in me, it may as well be the best my body can support.”

She removes her shirt, then slides her right hand up her right side, then reaches under her breasts to her left side. She’s feeling for what seems less awkward for her dominant hand. She repeats…

Patting her left side, she says decisively, “Third nipple goes here…” Pretti turns to MK, and adds, “…but only with Marie’s consent.”

She then says to MK, “We can afford it. I can definitely see the potential benefits beyond deep-sea diving. But do you have any reservations?”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:27 pm

Marie shrugs and says, "Honey, you've already got bullet resistant skin, knives for feet, a tail and crazy animal legs. You literally can't wear pants or shoes. You've not exactly been worried about subtlety until now. An extra stub in your side will hardly make a difference if this is something you want."

Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:41 pm

Pretti smiles at MK from the operating table. “I just want to make sure you’re fine with it, sweetie. If an upgrade would ever hurt my look, I know you’d tell me.”

To Threepio, “We’re doing this, then!”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:30 pm