Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

4 posters

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!!

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!!

Post by GameMaster Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:54 pm

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 14 Hiroshi%20TairaHiroshi says, "You won't be needing a diving mask or air supply for what we'll be doing. In fact, it would hinder the training. Just the wetsuit will be fine."

You all eventually meet up out back by Hiroshi's private waterfall. A stone is visible just above the waterline of the pool below which is pounded by a constant flow of water from above. "How experienced are the rest of you with meditation?" Hiroshi asks.
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Pr3tti
    Physical Track: 4/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!!

Post by Legendary Sidekick Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:03 pm

Pretti says, “A little.” She is wearing her heart amulet in addition to the bikini top. Holding up the religious symbol, she says, “I meditate at the temple… well… sort of. I like to talk to the Miko, and I guess meditation’s supposed to… not have that.

“Talking,”
    she awkwardly clarifies.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:16 pm

Sun gets a little nervous. "There was meditation as part of our classes at the temple..."
    It's clear from his pronunciation he's choosing his words carefully.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:37 pm

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 14 Hiroshi%20TairaHiroshi says, "Very well. First we are going to take a brief lesson on meditation..."

The next half hour is spent teaching you each how to focus and ignore needless distractions. You work on your breathing and posture as Hiroshi soothingly speaks. Once he is confident that you each have the general idea, he has you each take turns doing the same thing while sitting underneath the waterfall. The roaring waters crash down on your shoulders, forcing you down if your posture is not perfect. The sounds fill your ears, making it difficult to hear anything and the constant assault makes it almost impossible to open your eyes and see. Even smelling is impossible unless you want a noseful of water.  It is like all your senses are being jammed by the white noise of the waterfall.

As you grow accustomed to the sensations, Hiroshi shouts, barely audible over the watery din, "Here is your task for today. Situational awareness. During the game, there will be a lot of chaos around you, which can make it easy to miss important cues. Being able to focus on your surroundings despite the chaos could mean the difference between scoring a goal and leaving the field in a body bag. For this exercise, I am going to fire tennis balls at you with a tennis ball launcher. Your job is to sense where the balls are coming from and catch them before they hit you. Any questions?"
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:48 pm

Pretti’s question: Why doesn’t the real sport use tennis balls instead of bullets?

Pretti’s response: “No questions, sensei!” There is apparent respect in her voice.*

*(I mean if she doesn’t get a mouthful of waterfall. Neither respect nor words are apparent if she says, “Blbblbblbblb—*ack~cough~gag*”
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:41 pm

Sun just shakes his head, not understanding why he would have questions for something as straightforward as this.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:04 pm

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 14 Hiroshi%20TairaHiroshi fetches a pair of tennis ball canons, hands one to Kazunori and the pair moving around the pond and firing high speed tennis balls at you. They certainly won't kill you, but it's not particularly pleasant to be hit by them. The roaring waterfall waters make it difficult to sense them much less catch or otherwise avoid them from your seated position.

((intuition + perception check followed by a reaction + intuition check from everyone))
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:30 pm

1 INT + 2 PERC = 3
    3 REACT + 0 INT = 3
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:56 pm

Pretty confident about just a bit of water and a few tennis balls, Sun gets underneath the waterfall and sits down the way they did it at his temple.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:01 pm

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 14 Hiroshi%20TairaSun has little trouble catching the tennis balls as they fly at him as the temple training he'd thought he'd been slacking off on suddenly comes back to him. Pretti fairs quite well as well, managing to deflect most of the balls, though she does catch one to the jaw that she didn't notice coming.

The rest of the afternoon's training is relatively benign, consisting of various speed and endurance drills, all with a focus on sensing danger and avoiding it. You all finish the day exhausted with all the prep you are going to get. "Good job guys," Kazunori says, having gone into the house and retrieved a six pack of cold beer. "Have a drink and relax."

Hiroshi makes a face of disapproval and says, "Beer? Really?"

"Chill out, Hiro-kun," Kazunori replies, "They did well and who doesn't like a good beer after a hard day's work?"

"Just don't overdo it," Hiroshi says, "We don't need any addled minds for the game tomorrow. I am going in to fetch some iced ulong tea if anyone prefers that."

"You CAN drink without getting drunk you know!" Kazunori calls out as Hiroshi heads inside.

"That's what EVERY drunk says," Hiroshi calls back.
    Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 14 Kazunori Nakajima
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:46 pm

Not having grown up in the typical dwarven environments, but in a temple with a focus on physical and spiritual well-being, Sun doesn't quite think alcohol is a good idea after rigorous physical activity. He gladly accepts the offer for tea, instead.
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:35 pm

Pretti’s used to the bar scene, mostly from the Finish Line. “Thanks,” she says, accepting a beer (and silently committing to one, then following that with a tea.

“I can’t say I fully understand this sport, but I really enjoyed getting acquainted with the team. I’ll do my best out there tomorrow and hope it’s enough.” As much as she wants advice, she instead asks the men about themselves—

—how long they’ve played…

—what’s their position…

—and what do they like to do besides Urban Brawl?
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:40 pm

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 14 Hiroshi%20TairaHiroshi is much more reluctant to answer questions than Kazunori. Though he doesn't refuse to answer, his answers are brief and provide only the minimum information required to answer the questions. He has played for 2 years, his position is a scout and his hobbies are meditation, various martial arts, kyudo (Japanese archery) and sado (Japanese tea ceremony).

Kazunori is much more relaxed, occasionally sipping his beer as he says, "I started the same time as Hiro-kun and I've been a banger the whole time. We were classmates in middle school, actually. We both had cyberarms at the time so we kinda gravitated together. Been friends and sparring partners ever since. As for my hobbies, I like martial arts, particularly kyokushin karate. I also like karaoke and cars."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:59 am

Sun sips his tea. "Kyudo and martial arts, eh? I heard the new head of Urban Brawl, Keito Yamaguchi, is a big fan and practitioner of those as well. Did either of you ever come across him?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:57 am

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 14 Hiroshi%20TairaKazunori says, "Can't say that I have. What about you, Hiro-kun?"

Hiroshi says, "I've seen him around at mixed martial arts tournaments and sometimes he comes to watch the Urban Brawl games, but I have never interacted with him personally. I understand he trains privately, from what I hear."
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:53 pm

Pretti jumps into the conversation, adding, “I took private lessons myself, from Takao Yuudai. I’m hoping to learn to wrestle, now that I’ve had the pleasure of meeting a lady wrestler!

“I definitely have more strength in my legs than in my arms, so I might as well put my cyber to use.”

As for the men checking with each other… Pretti wonders if they really don’t know about the new Urban Brawl boss.

[1] Judge Intentions
    ((I blame the beer.))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:29 pm

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 14 Hiroshi%20TairaPretti has no reason to believe that these guys are lying. When she mentions her mentor, Kazunori replies, "Takao Yuudai? That's the movie star guy, right? He actually any good or is that all special effects and stunt men?"
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:43 am

“Well, I was a dancer before the incident that left me metal from the waist down, so the kind of kicking was obviously different than kick-boxing. I may not be the best judge of speed and power, but Takao doesn’t rely on special effects. He says anything he can’t do should be done my another actor… though he likes the break-away walls.

“If you want, I recorded a sparring session.”

If the guys want to watch the Pretti’s-eye-view, they’ll see a lightning fast troll. He takes a few blows from Pretti. It’s apparent that this is a master giving his student openings, and only taking the hit if she’s fast enough to land the blow. She is… about 50% of the time.

The match ends with a lightning-fast sliding sidekick that stops less than an inch from Pretti’s cyber-eyes. In fact, Pretti’s dodge attempt was toward the kick, as if from ten feet away the master could anticipate how she would move if he made such a sudden advance. He also had the control to stop the kick.

“The guy’s control is amazing. In those movies where he sends guys flying, the secret is to steady the kick on impact, and the stuntman kinda dashes back. There are cushions off-camera, and the break-away walls actually make the landings much safer.”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:23 pm

Kazunori chuckles as he watches the footage. "No shit," he says in a tone of vague interest, "You seriously trained with that guy, eh? He didn't hook you up with a movie gig as an extra or some shit? Certainly safer that Urban Brawling. Or is the danger the point?"
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:
    Physical Track: /
    Stun Track: /

Post by Skia2016 Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:22 am

All this time, Megumi has been in the backdrop: outside of training, she gears up for her shifts, practices at the shooting range, along with her dojo. While she doesn't say it out loud, her facial expressions and actions say it all, she is afraid of losing control of herself.
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:41 pm

Pretti says, “Setsu’s a friend of a friend. When she showed me the video of Setsu losing her legs…”

Pretti knocks on her own metal legs.

“…I could relate. Danger isn’t exactly the point, but I traded the body of a dancer for a body that’s a weapon. I don’t know what life I can have that isn’t dangerous.” She sips her beer and grins. “Other than show biz.

“I wonder… after lessons with Takao Yuudai, being part of this year’s Urban Brawl champion team, and spending all of next month of training with female wrestlers… maybe I can land a big roll in a film about MMA roller derby.”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:01 pm

Kazunori smirks and says, "Well I don't know about BIG. Seems a pretty niche subject."
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:19 pm

“I’ll remember you said that when I become an A-list B-movie extra.” Pretti sips her beer.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:04 pm

The tea Sun is drinking is of remarkable quality. Sun looks over at Hiroshi. "This tea is of remarkable quality! Way better than the stuff Karaoke and the other guy served the other day."

((Sun uses the proper names. I just forgot them OoC))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:22 am

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 14 Hiroshi%20TairaKazunori laughs and says to Pretti, "You can most certainly make me eat my words when that happens."

Hiroshi says to Sun, "It is but simple barley tea. An excellent thirst quencher for sure, but not especially high quality. If you think it is particularly good, it is likely only due to the thirst you've built up after a good workout. I am certain even the trogs couldn't screw up pre-bottled barley tea."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:21 am