Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

4 posters

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!!

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 27 Empty Re: Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!!

Post by GameMaster Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:08 pm

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 27 ThreepioPretti

Threepio says, "Alright. Well, let me get the dings out of your legs first. I don't have the tank in stock so I'll have to order it. But I can install it for you as soon as I've got it on hand. Anything else you had in mind?"

He takes the legs over to a table and starts tinkering with them, examining for wear and tear as well as any major structural damage.

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 27 Marie%20Kishi
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Pr3tti
    Physical Track: 4/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 27 Empty Re: Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!!

Post by Legendary Sidekick Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:23 am

Pretti replies, “Nothing I can think of. The bullet-resistant skin is great… I don’t want anything so rigid as armor plating on my upper body. I wouldn’t want to remove anything from the legs besides that bullet…

“Yeah, just the tank for now. Maybe next paycheck, I’ll think of something.”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:56 pm

Threepio glances at Marie and says, "Gotcha. How about a little something for the girlfriend?"

Marie smirks and says, "The girlfriend is fine. My eyes and datajack are all I need. Unlike some people, I don't get shot at on a regular basis.

"Maybe an internal commlink?" Threepio asks, "Or some other headware like a visualizer or math SPU? Lot of good cyberware out there to buff up that brain of yours."

Marie shakes her head and says, "Nah, I'm good. Besides, if I wanted to do something like that, I'd probably go bio, not cyber."

Threepio shrugs and says, "Fair enough. I can't help you out with bioware, alright you two entertain yourselves while I get to work on these legs." Threepio then turns to the legs and starts working out the cosmetic damage, a process that would take a couple of hours.

Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:11 pm

Pretti is relieved to hear MK turn down cyber-anything.

“I’m so glad you would never do this to yourself. I’m flattered you like me as I am, but I didn’t choose to lose my legs.” With a sigh, she adds, “Not just my legs.”

She holds a hand out toward MK.

“I’m glad you came. I’m not sure what to do for entertainment, though.” She tucks her chin to look at her legless body. “Guess we can rule out dancing.”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:05 pm

Marie shrugs and says, "Not that I'm particularly against the idea, I just don't have particular need of it. Besides, it's not like it's a minor monetary investment either. I don't have the money and I don't want to spend your money on it."

She turns to Threepio and says, "Yo, old man. You got a trode set we can borrow while you work?"

Threepio nods and offers something to Marie that looks like a headset with electrodes that touch the scalp and a few key points, including the temples. Marie says to Pretti, "Games or trid, your pick.'

Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:58 pm

Pretti says, “Games only if it’s co-op.”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:28 am

Marie says, "Alright, I've got something," and the girls get to playing the latest installment of Monster Hunter together as Threepio works on the legs. The damage isn't extensive, but Threepio puts a lot of attention to detail and wants to make sure that every ding is polished out to perfection. It takes about two hours for him to complete his work.

Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:01 am

In the game, Pretti says, “Let’s take a leviathan. All that oxygen tank makes me wanna play an underwater level.”

Despite what critics say about ‘female armor,’ Pretti picks armor that is basically a miniskirt with leg-warmers and a sweater. It actually has decent defense because it’s made from a wooly-mammoth-based creature. But what Pretti really likes is that her avatar has fleshy legs. Pretti misses that part of herself.

MK is what makes this phase of her life better than before.

((I imagine MK would pick one of the MH armors that looks like something Sami’s Aran would wear in Metroid.))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:52 pm

Marie shows up with some high end armor with ridiculously oversized weapons. Her gear's clearly way too much for the task at hand, making her job mostly about keeping Pretti alive for it to be fun rather than absolutely dominating the battle. The pair have a good time destroying leviathan and various other oversized monsters for a couple of hours until the doc can finish up his work. He then sends a message to Pretti, alerting her that he's ready to put the legs back on.Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 27 Monster-hunter-rise-mystery-spider-armor-female-01
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:37 pm

Pretti builds a new armor suit which has 450 less DEF than MK’s, as opposed to her first one that was less by 500 DEF.

She has a good time, even though cats have to rush her unconscious huntress back to base camp once or twice in some hunts.

“Ohhhh, playtime’s over,” she says to Marie. And to the doc: “Ready!”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:42 am

Pretti's legs are reattached and she once again feels a surge of pain as the circuits synch up to her nervous system. A quick check over everything and it all seems to be working properly. The dings and scuffs have all been removed, making the legs look as good as new. "Come by in a couple days and I'll put the tank in," Threepio says, "I'll put in an order for one. Just give me a call before you come in, just in case the delivery is delayed."

Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:48 am

Pretti accompanies MK on her way to Brightworld. If there’s time for a meal or a drink (coffee), she’ll treat.

“That was fun. Thanks for being there... like our early days together. I sucked at Monster Hunter then too.”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:04 am

Pretti

"You're lucky I didn't pick you for your game skills," Marie says, "It was no problem seeing you to the doc. Thanks for seeing me to work. Take the day to relax. I'll see you when I get home, alright?"
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:37 am

Pretti says her goodbyes and blows MK a kiss from the window of her departing train. Her thoughts are pleasant now…

((I suppose all this happened before Pretti saw the news and got triggered by the sports update.))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:27 am

((yeah, should have))
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:09 pm

((Okay... I’ll continue Pretti’s following of that when Emiko’s mission is over.
    I don’t see any posts from Serenity, but I’m checking in for that too.))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:12 pm