Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

4 posters

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!!

Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:
    Physical Track: /
    Stun Track: /

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 25 Empty Re: Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!!

Post by Skia2016 Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:42 am

"Oh..." Megumi replies, a bit of anxiety in her voice. How can she be so trusting? "Well when i say self defense training, i don't mean jump into the fray and be a hero." she tries to clarify while trying to remove that image from her head, "Its more for in case the runner is after you, or someone personal to you. Unfortunately Cowboy Sheriff usually gets dispatched during mid threat, or afterwards. Not to mention i usually don't get much in the way of helping the common citizens the majority of the time."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 25 Empty Re: Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!!

Post by GameMaster Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:22 am

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 25 Miku YamanashiMegumi

It appears that the source of the woman's loose lips is the drink in her hand. She isn't sloshed, but clearly drinking makes her chatty. She says, "No one breaking into work is interested in me. I'm just a secretary. So long as I don't give them trouble, they won't give me trouble. It's safer that I don't know how to defend myself than to risk my life starting a fight with someone. Stuff gets replaced. I've only got one me."
    Pretti

Marie says, "I'm starting to feel like you're intentionally missing what I'm saying. I'm not saying that I don't appreciate the insurance or idea of moving somewhere nicer. I just don't want to pay for any of it with your blood. You have to promise me that you'll prioritize your safety. I don't care if anyone else dies because of it. I don't know them, and I don't care about them. I don't care if it means failing a job and missing out on a payout. I want you home at the end of the day. I hope that's clear enough. And no I don't want to see what has happened to you. If you're trying to cover it up, it's probably something I'm better off not seeing."  
    Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 25 Marie Kishi

Last edited by GameMaster on Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:33 am

"Your right," Megumi replies, "the last thing we need is to lose you."

She blushes mumbling the last words, hastily getting up from her seat, "It has been nice talking to you, but i have to talk to Jacques in the morning about balancing my schedule." She starts to walk away, embarrassed for taking advantage of an inebriated woman.

Last edited by Skia2016 on Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Pr3tti
    Physical Track: 4/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Legendary Sidekick Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:45 am

Pretti gently takes MK’s hand, unless her body language indicates she shouldn’t. “Of course I won’t die for the mission. That’s how Emiko’s girl died. For nothing.

“But I do care… and caring isn’t weakness. When people care, they help each other survive. Like the medic. She cared, at least enough to tell me what she told Emiko’s girl. I thought of you when the medic spoke, and I listened.”
    Pretti lowers her head. “I just wish I’d said something to Emiko’s girl. I was afraid I’d offend her… she spent a week training me, so who was I to give her advice? And five minutes later… she’s dead.”

If Pretti is still confused about her cyber-eyes, the blurry vision confirms what Marie was saying about tear ducts.

“I promise you, Marie… I won’t make her mistake.” Saying the word ‘mistake’ hurts to the point that Pretti can’t say anything more. She ‘knows’ Setsuko was targeted—it’s obvious to her! But she also knows that Setsu’s critics are... well, they’re wrong, but they have a point. She could’ve gone to the healing tent. Then she’d be alive... and the Tiger’s outrider would be alive too. And Emiko and a wife and a daughter wouldn’t have to hurt so much.

If I just spoke up... her death is MY mistake.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:14 pm

The woman seems as though she is about to say something, pauses, then raises her glass and says, "I see. Well, you have a good night then. Nice talking to you."
    Pretti

Marie says, "Well, I don't mean you have to be a monster. You can care about the wellbeing of other people. Just care less about them than your own safety. If everyone survives, great. Encourage that. But if you have to make a choice between your life and someone else's, choose you. I don't want a dead ex."  
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:58 pm

Megumi pauses before she goes, looking embarrassed as she replies, "Well maybe i can stay a little longer." nervousness wracks her, "I am actually not used to people being comfortable around me."

"That is, if you want me to stay." Socializing is not one of her best suits, especially after years of fear from others, and her work.
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:50 pm

At this point, Pretti’s too much of a teary mess to say much. “I promise,” she manages.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:07 am

"Stay or go. I'm not your mother." the woman says with a smirk as she sips her drink, "I'm sure you sat her for a reason other than to hear me bitch about work security. How about you just go ahead and tell me what it is instead of whatever it is that you're doing."
    Pretti

Marie sighs and strokes Pretti's head. She had put out Pretti's futon for her while she was in the shower so Pretti wouldn't need to. Futons pretty much only came in single sleeper versions as they were meant to be folded up and put away during the day, allowing use of the room for other purposes. Sharing a bed just wasn't something most people did, but even if it was, Pretti's deadly, taloned, metal legs are not ideal for sharing a bed.

She says, "I don't want to have to be an asshole, but if I have to be to make sure you come home every night, I will. Get some sleep, dear. I'll help you with whatever you need to take care of this mess in the morning."
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:28 am

Megumi laughs, both out of embarrassment and humor as she reseats herself, "Your right," she replies, trying to hold back laugher and the pain from her wounds, holding her sides, "I think you would have more fun listening to me bitch about my relationship problems," she says partially jokingly. Regaining her composure, she continues, "Trying to find a partner, yet alone a lover is difficult for me. I have practically given up on me, as the majority of them tend to find reasons for me to arrest them, followed by thinking a few crocodile tears, and the night we had, and love, will make me rethink my responsibilities. As for women...I tend to be more shy and have that looming fear consume me. It makes me wonder if anyone is trustable anymore, or do they love me for my power?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:26 am

The woman raises an eyebrow and says, "You know, there's something like 26 million people in this town, and of that massive number of people, maybe a something like a few thousand are in jail, though admittedly the whole thing with the prison did mean a lot got out and that jail capacity's been pretty limited. But still, maybe if you want to avoid arresting your girlfriends, you should try expanding the dating pool beyond criminals. I promise there's a lot of them around." She gives a playful wink.
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:45 am

She smiles sweetly, "Where do you suggest i look?"
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:21 am

Pretti gives Marie a goodnight kiss, and she isn’t sure at what point her face is on the pillow, or whether the kiss was a minute ago, or did she sleep for several minutes and wake up again? She doesn’t even look up to see if MK is still awake or still by her side as she says, “You’re not an asshole. That’s why I love you: for not being an asshole.”

That will have to pass for both sweetness and humor, until Pretti has the energy to do either properly.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:37 am

The woman swirls her glass before taking a sip and says, "Wherever you've been looking, the opposite of that. Shouldn't be hard. If you picked a random person out of a crowd, the odds of them not being a criminal is much higher than the contrary. I'm guessing as a cop, you only get called when people are at their worst. Don't date those people."

She gives a chuckle and says, "If all you're finding is criminals, then it sounds like that's all you've been looking for."
    Pretti

Marie was tired before Pretti got home and is only more so by the time Pretti winds down. She mumbles good night and is soon off to sleep. She would be more helpful the next day, should Pretti need it...
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:11 am

Pretti’s alarm wakes her. She forgot to turn it off, but it’s just as well. She sends messages to people, asking them to meet.

• Emiko: Pretti simply writes, “hope all is well; let me know when we can meet.”
    • Green Machine: Pretti expresses an interest in meeting “sometime this week to talk about training.”
    • Three-Pie-Oh: Pretti expresses an interest in meeting him to make sure her cyber’s in order.

((Answers can wait until official downtime.))

Satisfied she started the day looking out for herself, Pretti considers MK. I can make waffles, she thinks. Then she actually thinks. The hell I can!

[2] bars & clubs

What’s a place she knows that makes really great waffles? A breakfast date! That sounds like a better start to the day than the waffle iron triggering the smoke alarm. She lays out some clothes, and if MK’s still in bed, Pretti might get some more rest. She lies down near MK, perpendicular to her so her head is close to her girl, and her talons are six feet away from her.

And if we oversleep, lunch dates are good too.
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:16 am

Megumi giggles with her "Your right. Work has consumed my life for far too long, and i need to find a healthier balance." She mentions the last few words slightly more seductively before outstretching her hand, "Where are my manners? I'm Megumi."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:16 pm

The woman smirks and says, "I was beginning to  wonder when the hell you were going to introduce yourself. Half expected you to be selling me some Church of Happy Science rhetoric. I'm Miku Yamanashi, nice to meet you."
    Pretti

Three-Pi-Oh is the only one who responds immediately, letting Pretti know that she can come in any time she needs to. Emiko keeps late hours, and Green Machine is often busy with work, so presumably they'll get back to Pretti later. Waffles not being the typical menu item at a bar or club, Pretti can think of none that feature them. There are bakeries and ice cream places that sell them, but they're more the kind of place that you pick them up and eat them with you or bring them home sort of places than somewhere you'd want to sit down for breakfast.
    Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 25 P1180403
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:15 pm

Megumi laughs heartily at that, "Nah, if anything, i am hoping my ancestors see my means to better myself, compared to clumping me with my family's dishonor."
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:31 pm

After an hour (or... hours), Pretti wakes up MK. “Either we eat out, or you lay here and I’ll do the eating out.”

[1] Charisma

Pretti’s words may have passed for a weird joke at best. She doesn’t have the energy to be seductive. Hopefully, MK sees this is at least an improvement over last night’s joyless homecoming.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:22 am

Miku finishes up the last sip of her drink and says, "Sheesh. Start off complaining about your arrested criminal exes, then follow up by airing out your family's dirty laundry. I think you need to work on your small talk skills." She laughs and says, "Most folk tend to hide their dirty past. You lead with it. Hope this isn't the 'good' stuff or I'm in for a hell of a ride."
    Pretti

Marie punches Pretti playfully in the arm and says, "You're impossible, you know that?" She rolls her eye at Pretti's joke and says, "You don't have to act tough for me. If you're sad, be sad. If it's too hard for you to make calls, give me the names and commcodes and I'll make them for you. Save you the awkwardness, if you want."
    Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 25 Marie%20Kishi
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:06 am

"Your right," Megumi blushes and laughs, "I have been a shut in for the majority of my life, so i haven't really known what small talk looks like." She replies in a bit of a flirty style, "I could always do with some lessons."
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:51 pm

Pretti replies, “I am sad, but I don’t wanna drag you into my private hell. I made some calls this morning. One was to Three-Pie-Oh, to make sure my cyber’s fully functional.

“As for what you can do for me... just come with me. I shouldn’t be alone right now. It’s hard to unsee that woman being murdered.”
    Especially when your cybereyes can replay the video.

What she can replay is the coach’s showing of it, along with his dismissal that it was intended, despite that scout’s insane stunt. If alone on a train, Pretti would likely watch the killing over and over, hating the killer more and more every viewing. That can’t be healthy.

Tears start to flow. This is no act. “Or we can have food brought to us if you don’t think I should go to Three-Pie-Oh today. Whatever we do, I shouldn’t be alone today. I really should not be alone today.”

She wipes her cheek.

“Oh fuck. Are you working today?”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:21 am

Miku looks Megumi up and down like she's a child who apparently needs some introduction to how to function in the real world and says, "Start by avoiding talking about negative stuff. No one wants to hear that from someone they are just meeting. Makes you seem like you're just a drama magnet. Confessing your deep dark secrets happens once you're close with someone. Keep it light. Ask questions, but nothing too probing. Like hey, what do you like to do for fun?"
    Pretti

Marie says, "Yeah, I've got work this afternoon but I can hang until then at least. Let me get dressed and I'll go with you to the crazy doc. It probably doesn't hurt to have a checkup and make sure all your bits are in working order."
    Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 25 Marie%20Kishi
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:39 am

Pretti showers and dresses, clad in an outfit that is sort of business-casual with a miniskirt. Even that will need to be removed for the check-up.

And possibly her top. MK might see what the magical healing couldn’t hide after the fact.

For now, she doesn’t concern herself with that. MK can be with her and the Doc, or hang back in the waiting room. Either way, Pretti’s happy to have the company.
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:

Post by Skia2016 Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:43 am

Megumi blushes, realizing her probing could have caused her more embarrassment than she anticipated. She really has been a shut in for too long. So she decides to go the safe route and asks, "So what do you like doing for fun?"
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:46 am

After breakfast (the disappointing waffles in plastic wrap—a convenient choice so MK won’t be late for work), Pretti says to MK, “Let me know if you want to go out tonight. Or we can try a new series. There’s one called Wanna Be the Strongest in the World. It’s about girls’ wrestling.

“I’m guessing it’ll be like that boys’-swimming one we finished, as far as both rivalry and overfriendliness goes. But I’m interested in the topic. I left a message with Sun’s girlfriend, hoping to get a little more training. I mean, yeah, the wrestling is choreographed, but ya gotta have the real skill to look good onstage.”

Pretti’s eyes fall to her own metal legs.

“I looked good onstage the night I lost my legs. I wonder if the accident never happened, if we still would’ve somehow met anyway. Maybe I could’ve danced for a show at Brightworld.”

By now, MK knows Pretti doesn’t bemoan the incident. It’s what brought Pretti and MK together.

Pretti never brought up a what-if before.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:28 am