Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

4 posters

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!!

RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!!

Post by RafV Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:07 am

Sun stares a million-yard stare, trying to process all this information. Eventually, he asks: "So we HAVE to use the guns? What if we don't, and we decide to do indirect damage to our opponents, for example by having a ceiling crash on them?"
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Pr3tti
    Physical Track: 4/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!!

Post by Legendary Sidekick Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:20 am

Why would anyone play this game? Pretti asks herself.

Aloud, she asks, “Am I a scout or a banger? Or what do you predict I’m be, if that’s your coach’s call?

“Oh… and is there any rule against wearing this?”
    Pretti points out her religious charm. For 20,000¥, she hopes there’s no rule against it. She’s gonna need the gods’ help surviving in what she can only think of as a war zone.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:28 am

"Oh, and what about this?" Sun waves his oni mask.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:33 pm

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 2 Nqbuk8Setsuko says, "No one's forcing you to shoot anyone. If you just wanna keep the gun in your holster the whole time, and try to knock people out while they're shooting at you, well go right ahead. I've done it before on rare occasion.

"You can't go wrecking walls though. Unnecessary damage to the field is a either a wound or kill penalty depending on the amount of damage you do. We'll be playing in a city neighborhood remember, one where people do live in and will presumably be returning to after the game. A couple bullet holes can be spackled up by the cleanup crew, but no one wants to come home to find a wall missing or the entire building knocked down.

"As for your stuff, I'm sure the charm is fine so long as you don't have some illegal weaponry or drugs somehow stuffed in it. It'll be inspected before you go in, so don't think about doing something sneaky with it. The facemask is probably a no go. You'll be wearing a helmet as part of the uniform you're given and won't be able to get both on at the same time anyway.

"As for positions, I'm still deciding on that. I'm going to have to let the coach know soon so he can get uniforms in your sizes before the game. I'm leaning towards scout for you, and banger for you,"
    she says as pointing to Pretti first and Sun second.
    Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 2 The-Abandoned-Building
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:44 pm

"I already forgot what a banger is, but alright. We'll manage it somehow. We're not here just to play Urban Brawl though, right? We have some investigation to do as well?"
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:05 pm

Pretti says, “Scout sounds fine. I suppose lighter armor means I can move faster.

“I do have some thoughts on the investigation, now that Sun mentions it, but did you want us to keep our heads in the game for the next week? Or are we supposed to investigate before the big game?”

Having asked that gives Pretti another thought—“And would there even be a big game if the other finalists were behind… well… I would call it murder. Attempted in your case.” Or not.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:04 pm

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 2 Nqbuk8Setsuko says, "The paycheck's just to fill in the empty spots for the game. I don't know for sure that there's anything to investigate. These things happen, so it is entirely possible that it was just over enthusiastic jocks getting too into the game. But if you happen to find proof that someone was illegally rigging the game against us, we'd much appreciate it. Depending on what you find and who is behind it, it's entirely possible that we win by default. You get paid for the game either way and I'd throw you something for your trouble. I'll leave it up to you if you want to spend time investigating or if you just want to focus on training for the game though."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:08 am

Sun puts on a solemn face and slowly strokes his beard.
    "What can you tell us about this most heinous of actions you want us to investigate? A big troll shot your legs out? And what do you know about each member of the opposing team, and its management?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:32 pm

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 2 Nqbuk8Setsuko says, "We've lost a few players over the season that have needed to be replaced. In fact, I was a replacement for Shi Kaminari, who was hit by a train during a match. Deaths do happen as part of the game, so it's entirely possible there's nothing to investigate. Especially seeing as how the teams responsible for our players' deaths aren't the team we're facing in the finals, so I don't want to put too much emphasis on what might just amount to bogus conspiracy theories.

"But if you're going to look into incidents, I've got a list of who was killed, how it happened and the player and team responsible that I can forward you. Just don't get yourself killed in the process. Clearly these are people who have no problem killing other people and I won't have time to find replacements for you if you die between now and the game."

Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:28 pm

Pretti asks Setsuko, “Do you think the troll that hurt you intentionally spared your life? He’s still an asshole, but… I reviewed the film twice now. Only thing is I wouldn’t know the face of a killer from a game-face, as you likely would.

“My only frame of reference is seeing the video of myself being severed in half. In that case, the two men fighting were in the heat of battle. I don’t even know if they were aware that they almost killed me, or if they were… indifferent. But I suspect they were, at least when the camera was still on them.”

She dwells on that experience a little longer than intended. Maybe only a second or two really… just enough for the pause to show.

“I guess that’s what I’m asking. Did the troll enjoy hurting you? Or was it a job? And did he really want to go through with it while you were lying there?

“I’ll understand if this isn’t a moment you care to relive. I know how it was to watch my own loss of legs, and more, but everyone deals with this sorta thing in her own way, as Three-Pi-Oh put it.”

She sticks one hand in her jacket pocket as Setsuko is finally given an opportunity to reply. Her hand finds the card she means to give Setsuko. But first, she lets the poor girl just get a word in.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:32 pm

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 2 Nqbuk8Setsuko says, "I couldn't tell you. I don't really remember much as I blacked out from the pain. I just remember hearing a boom that knocked me off my feet and my face slamming into the ground. I only really know about the second shot from replays and what people have told me. I've no idea what his thoughts or intentions were, but I could have easily died so I doubt he was particularly sparing me."
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:45 am

As Pretti opens up the list, Sun looks over her shoulder. He sees 7 casualties in there, 3 of which are done by the team Matsu Butchers, and 2 by another team called Yuri Youkai. Focusing on the big chunks first, he turns to Setsuko.

"These Matsu Butchers, with Ryoko Hamadate in particular, and the Yuri Youkai, what reputation do they have?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:41 pm

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 2 Nqbuk8Setsuko says, "The Yuri Yokai are kind of our big rivals. Being a sister mountain city and former capital, battles between our teams are among the most heated and popular. They have a quite a few elves on their team who are pretty excellent marksment We've a similar rivalry going on with the Ryuchi Tigers, which is the team we're going up against next week, though they aren't nearly as good at shooting as the Yokai.

The Matsu Butchers are basically all trolls and oni from Lien. Big, thuggish brutes, many of whom are awakened. No mages of course, that kind of magic is banned. But they're a pretty tough lot who tend to focus on victory by wipeout rather than points. Their bangers and scouts usually just come in and club people over the head, knocking them out."

Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:25 am

Pretti cringes at the casualty list. This sport seems needlessly suicidal in a world where video game competitions can fulfill that gladiatorial fetish. But then, maybe the normalization of virtual violence only feeds that craving for the real deal.

She keeps that thought to herself, as she neither wants to offend Setsuko nor back out of a job for Emiko’s friend. What she says is, “It seems like the oni-troll tactics are likely to result in …tragedy.

“But I wouldn’t rule out foul play. The idea of fixing a game is to do so without arousing suspicion. Could be that the tigers wanted to both weaken you and avoid having to face the deadly team themselves.

“Could you send me all of the casualty lists for 3010? I mean not just the ones involving your team.”

She says to Sun, “If the Butchers were deadlier than usual, or the Dragons took a bulk of the casualties this year, then I think we might have a case.”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:53 am

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 2 Nqbuk8Setsuko says, "Well, I don't have that information immediately available, but I guess it's available somewhere. Fans are pretty diligent about that kind of stuff. In the very least the footage is around to view, so you can find out. This list here is just something I put together after talking with Emiko. It's not an official thing by any means. The organizers tend to avoid making their own records because the sport is not technically legal, despite it's popularity. Technically every kill that happens is a potential murder conviction, but we keep our helmets on for plausible deniability and, more importantly, the organizers pay a sizable bribe to the local police force. "
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:36 pm

During a free moment in Setsuko's bootcamp, Sun finds Pretti and asks her to call his prison buddy Minamoto.
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:23 pm

Pretti isn’t sure why he needs help, but replies, “Oh, I have people I can call too.” She says to Sam and Setsuko, “I ran a job for a friend last week, and she’s the sort who can probably help me find a fan-made list that displays all of the casualties.

“And then there’s Three-Pie-Oh… he’s the guy who created these legs. I don’t know what your budget is, Setsuko, and I won’t ask, but if you would like me to, I can make an introduction.”

Pretti hands Setsuko PR3π0’s business card, and then takes a look at Sun’s device so she can help call the friend.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:31 pm

Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 2 Nqbuk8Setsuko says to Pretti, "My budget on legs was already spent on the legs I've got. Thanks for the offer though. Maybe if I'm looking for upgrades somewhere down the line, I'll keep it in mind."

From the look of Sun's commlink, it seems pretty obvious to Pretti that he doesn't really know how to use the thing and seems to suffer from permanent 'Old People Syndrome' that prevents him from figuring it out no matter how many times it is explained to him.  
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:49 pm

Pretti smiles, and doesn’t comment at all on the state of the comm link. She looks up the name, and if Sun would like, she begins the call.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:10 pm

Sun gratefully takes his commlink.

"Hey, Minamoto! Sun here. Remember me? The punchy dwarf from prison? Yeah, I was wondering if you know any rumors or gossip of Urban Brawl, specifically of the Matsu Butchers or Yuri Youkai, or their players."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:26 pm

Minamoto says, "You're an Urban Brawl fan? I love Urban Brawl! No, I don't know any rumors about either team. They've been eliminated so who cares about them?The Butchers aren't a particularly good team though. They don't even bother to score points. They just come out to beat up their opponent and everyone knows it. The Yokai usually do better. They're fast and their heavies and blaster are brutal for defense, but it can't be helped when you play a good team early on. One of the teams has gotta lose, right? Anyway, I hear they're replacing their scouts with some crazy adepts next season. Like ninja level shit. Should be fun to watch."Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 2 Minamoto
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:06 am

"So the Butchers pretty much do to everyone what they did to this Setsuko girl and her team? What about the Uyeda Lasers and the Usagi Rabbits?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:10 pm

Minamoto says, "Well, I suppose there were an unusual number of deaths. Usually they just get clobbered and surrender or get dragged off the field. People don't really die that often. Their armor usually keeps them from taking any serious injury.

"Anyway lets see, the Lasers are pretty much a gimme team. They've not made it past the first round in years. Not an augmentation on the entire team, so you can't expect much out of them. The Rabbits are at least mildly better than the Lasers, but they don't have much in the way of sponsors so they usually don't get very far either. They've got maybe one or two good players, but the others are average at best."
    Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 2 Minamoto
    Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!! - Page 2 Pc_orkfemale_excl_oniAs Sun is talking on the commlink, a young oni female walks in, looking half Desian, half some sort of gaijin. "Yo, Setsuko," she calls out.

"Oh! Megumi! You made it. I was worried you would be too busy to show," Setsuko says before turning to the dwarf and the pretty elf with digitigrade cyberlegs and saying, "Guys, this is Megumi, a friend of mine. She'll hopefully be taking my place for the final. Megumi, these two are Sun and Pretti. They'll be replacing the other two teammates who died."
    Skia2016
    Skia2016

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias:
    Physical Track: /
    Stun Track: /

Post by Skia2016 Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:02 am

"A pleasure to meet you, and sorry about those who were killed. I am honestly very excited to be a part of this opportunity, even though I could stand to do without all the unnecessary killing"

She walks in and leans herself on a wall "From what I can tell of the rules, this will be like a day in the Sheriff Slaughterhouse. So what did I miss?"
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:15 am

Sun looks over at the oni.
    "I'm sure you haven't missed as much as we have," he says, as he tosses Megumi the gun Setsuko handed him.
    "I'm Sun Dashou, by the way. Pleased to meet you."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:12 am