Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

2 posters

Downtime 5 - Edison

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Downtime 5 - Edison Empty Downtime 5 - Edison

Post by GameMaster Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:43 pm

In a foreign land with little cast in his pocket, Edison realized he would need to soon find a job...
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Edward Novikov
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 5/11

Downtime 5 - Edison Empty Re: Downtime 5 - Edison

Post by Edison Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:12 pm

Edison kicked off the sheets and sent out a thought to activate the soycafe machine. He could sense little brother in the living room scanning the trid for the days news. He was just starting to feel like he has landed on his feet in this city. Today was the day to start reaching out to find some work. Slipping on some fresh clothes, he walks out to the kitchen to get his hot drink. He could ask one of the sprites to dig through the matrix for interesting news items but little brother enjoyed their morning talks about what he's learned and Edison enjoyed them just as much.
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:26 pm

One thing he could use a courier sprite for is contacting Katrina to see if she is free for a visit later today. He rolls the idea around in his head. It would be good to see a friendly face representing good memories of home.
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:33 pm

While little brother drones on, I consider my options, only paying enough attention to gleen the pertinent information. Aiyuki may be my best option to find some work, if I register a machine sprite I could send it over to help him around the shop before I stop by later today, that may put him into a helpful mood. When I am on my way to visit him in the flesh I'll hopefully run into some of my other chummers around the area.
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:16 pm

Swirling the last dregs of his soycafe, Edison makes the decision to register a machine sprite. He focuses on the whisper of the resonance, beginning to coax and cajole a sprite to form.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:26 pm

Downtime 5 - Edison Tron-ball-delaney-digital-3d-cornwallIt is an exhausting process but within matrix space, Edison sees a digital ball of information appear. He spends the next 5 hours trying to register the sprite with the Matrix. It wears him down and doesn't seem to take. Still, he does have the sprite floating there, waiting for instructions.

((4 services, 4S fading damage, the sprite is compiled, but not registered))
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:15 am

After his failed attempt Edison lays down for an hour of rest and recuperation. When he gets up, he rounds up the crew and jumps into the sedan letting the pilot take him to Denki-cho so he can hit the shops and pay a visit to Aiyuki. He was the first Oni that Edison met, his bulging eyes and exposed tusks were something of a shock to him at first but when Aiyuki realized that little brother was a drone and couldn't hide his excitement it became easy to let his guard down and make a new friend.
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:52 am

The sedan dropped them off on a crowded and flashy street known for the electronic hardware shops that line the street. Even with the AR advertisements blocked off the meatspace ads are almost overwhelming, Aiyukis shop itself is relatively unadorned, it's simplicity like a beacon to Edison. This is a business that thrives on the merit of its proprietor. Entering the shop Edison finds himself surrounded by floor to ceiling bins of electronic components all meticulously sorted and labeled, the order a comfort to Edison. In the back room at his work bench sat Aiyuki Myung. Intent on his project he sounds out a sonorous welcome, only when Edison responds does Aiyuki lift up an eye and flash a toothy smile.
    Konnichiwa! How is my friend
    Edison had no illusion that the friend Aiyuki was referring to was in fact little brother.
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:15 am

While Aiyuki and little brother have their moment together, Edison sets his sprite to work running a diagnostic routine on the project Aiyuki had on his desk. Edison joins in on their conversation and the three of them share some idle chitchat. After awhile Edison shifts the conversation to work, letting Aiyuki know that he is available and willing to take care of any business that needs to be done. When the Sprite is finished with the diagnostics Edison sends it over to aiyuki's comlink.
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:24 am

A grateful Aiyuki assures Edison that if anything comes up he will send him the details. Farewells are exchanged and the sedan pulls up out front having been beckoned by Edison. Stomach rumbling, Edison sets out in search of some food.
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:45 am

One of the things that Edison had grown to love about this city is the food. He can't get enough and right now he has one thing on his mind, Takoyaki! Edison points his sedan in the direction of the best Takoyaki in town.
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:03 am

Edison and little brother enter their favourite Izakaya, being mid afternoon the lunch rush has died down but there are still a few patrons lingering around some in groups and some solitary.
    One of the groups burst into laughter which draws Edison's gaze and he stifles a grimace. Sitting in a booth behind the group is Stan Furukawa, member of the local Yakuza, his usual grim countenance directed at Edison. A slight nod off his head aknowledges Edison, Edison returns the salutation with a deeper more formal bow.
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:18 pm

A waitress walks up to Stan dropping off a crisp beer and some edemame, apparently he was showing up late for lunch as well. Stan gestures towards Edison indicating he should join him. He had the waitress wait until he comes over.

I'll have what he's having to start, in a bit bring me some Takoyaki.

When the waitress asks what little brother would like, he replies that he is not hungry.
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:36 pm

Stan is notoriously stern, he hardly says more than a grunt here and there. Edison fills some of the silence repeating the news little brother had told him about this morning.

The more he spoke, the less Stan listened. Sometime before the Takoyaki showed up Stan abruptly asked Edison what he wanted.

Edison let him know that he was available to help with whatever he needed help with. As an outsider he felt an urge to do some work and let the locals know that he's not afraid to get his hands dirty, help earn his place in Mingmei.

Using a napkin to clean some beer off of his upper lip, Stan Getz up to leave. If I can think of something, I'll let you know. Thanks for lunch.

Stan walks off, leaving Edison to pay the bill.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:45 am

The takoyaki is alright, but nothing to write home about. An izakaya being not the best place to look for such food. As Stan heads out, Edison sees no job prospects coming at him. Or so he thinks until a large man wearing a suit and smoking a cigarette sits himself down at Edison's table uninvited. "I couldn't help hear you're looking for work," the man says, "What kind of skills do you have?"Downtime 5 - Edison TOFOazi
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:03 am

I have a certain attunement to the matrix and a particular connection to drones and similar machines. Furthermore I am willing to do whatever needs to be done to ensure my endeavors are successful.
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:31 am

Edison reaches out with his mind to assess this man and what he is operating with. If he is going to be a potential employer Edison wants to know all that he can about him, that way if he pulls any shady manoeuvres, not only can Edison be prepared but he can respond quickly and set a precedent. Letting people know that he is not a man you can deceive.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:26 am

Edison notices the man has a commlink, but no other wireless electronics of note. He says, "Drone guy, eh? Can you drive a truck? Because I need someone who can drive a vehicle someplace where there aren't any roads so gridguides aren't going to be helpful. You're going to be picking up something that is potentially heavy so some muscle wouldn't hurt neither. You don't look particularly muscular though."Downtime 5 - Edison TOFOazi
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:17 pm

I can drive a truck, especially if it has been adapted for a rigger. My friend here, Edison gestures to LB (little brother), is deceptively strong. I'm sure between the two of us we can manage any task you you could put us up against, he is my partner and explicitly loyal.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:49 pm

The man eyes little brother, then shrugs. "Alright, well, there's a chance there could be some trouble so I was about to go as around about some other people that might be going with you. The job pays quite well, 60,000 nuyen if you bring back what I'm looking for, undamaged. Think about it, there's a community center at this address. Meet me there in an hour if you're interested and I'll give you more details."

He then forwards the address info to Edison's commlink.
    Downtime 5 - Edison TOFOazi
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:38 pm

Edison and LB jump into the sedan. Edison doesn't want to do this job without having his rotodrone flying Overwatch. He should be able to pick it up make make it to the community centre by the appointed time.
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:29 pm

While on the move, Edison dismisses his current sprite. He would rather have a generalist sprite for this task. He takes a minute to compile one.
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:30 pm

Edison has his generalist sprite but at too high a price. He sits back and let's the machines do the work. Letting LB know what he wants him to do in case Edison falls unconscious. Even though Edison is right on the verge of being unable to operate, 60000 will last longer than it will take him to recover.
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:36 pm

If there is any time for recouperation Edison takes advantage of it.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:13 pm

Edison hops into his car and takes a nap as it drives him to the community center. He wakes up somewhat refreshed. This is the address. He can see there are people inside, but the man from the bar is nowhere to be seen yet.

((Continued here...))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:25 pm