Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

5 posters

At the community center

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

At the community center Empty At the community center

Post by GameMaster Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:13 pm

It's been a month since you all have had any real work together. By coincidence, everyone happens to gather at the community center at the same time to see if there's any work to be done. It seems some new people have gathered the motley crew of misfits as well...
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Pr3tti
    Physical Track: 4/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

At the community center Empty Re: At the community center

Post by Legendary Sidekick Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:28 pm

Pretti is clad in a cut-off shirt, a leather jacket, amazonian bracelets, and… no pants. Her bare midriff is attached to a mechanical pelvis at the waist. She has taloned metal legs and a tail with a pointy end like a she-devil.

Her smile is more angelic. Those familiar with Shinto religion might note her charm from the Temple of the Heart. She only recognizes Kin, and of course she knows Emiko, who drove her here from the temple.

She introduces herself to the strangers. “You can call me Pretti,” she says with a friendly wave. Then almost immediately she adds, “’Cause it’s my name, I mean. Not like—I’m not bragging, y’know?”
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kin
    Physical Track: 9/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Deadeye Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:37 pm

Kin comes out of his bedroom to a crowd gathered in a common area. It's good to see everyone back together. Though he's had a busy time after the King Cobra encounter, he's anxious to get back to work.

Finally settled in his new abode, Kin greets each of the individuals who are present with a big, genuine smile and nods to each in turn.

Last edited by Deadeye on Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Edward Novikov
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 5/11

Post by Edison Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:18 pm

Edison could tell by the way Little Brother pulls the layers of clothes tighter around his not quite human frame that he was self conscious about being around strangers and being discovered as an anthrodrone. He was sympathetic to his little brother's emotions, Edison couldn't conceal his heritage either, he was feeling a little self conscious himself. Regardless of this he did his best to match the vibe of the crowd, introducing Little Brother as "LB"
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Stun Track: 3/10

Post by Emiko Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:29 pm

Emiko walks in with Pretti and says hello to everyone. Not having met Edison before, she bows to him and says, "hello, I am Emiko Amaterasu. It's a pleasure to meet you."

She tries to strike up small talk with those in the room, asking what they have been up to.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kin
    Physical Track: 9/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Deadeye Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:05 am

Kin turns to Emiko.

"Well, let's see. Had a little work done to my car, went for a swim, met up with an old friend, and had a fun night of karaoke."

He gives her a big smile and a wink.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:03 am

Mission 6a - It fell from the heavens

As you are all settling in, a man in a suit and shades walks in and nods towards Edison. "I see you found your way here," he says to Edison before addressing the group at large, "I have a job that needs taking care of, and I understand that some of this center's members may be of use in this. The job itself is simple. An asteroid crashed in the woods at the bottom of this mountain. I have coordinates for where it crashed. My employer needs is a team to go down there, pick it up and bring it back to me, no questions asked. I suspect there will be other interested parties also seeking to retrieve it, so speed is of the essence to both claim it first and to avoid unnecessary interference. I have no idea how large this asteroid is, but just in case I would suggest you bring a truck or some other kind of large cargo vehicle. The pay is 200,000 nuyen for the job, paid upon completion. Any questions?"

((Job will require lots of problem solving skills, someone who can pilot a vehicle, and potentially some combat. Danger level is significant. Team size: 3-5))
    At the community center TOFOazi
    At the community center Nqbuk8Mission 6b - Let's get ready to rumble!!!

Emiko mentions that her friend, Setsuko Kaigara, is looking for some replacements for some lost team members on her Urban Brawl team, the Mingmei Dragons for the upcoming final match against the Tigers. Those who are interested will need to pass a physical test to prove they are fit for Urban Brawl. Her coach is authorized to pay 50,000 nuyen to each person willing to sub in, with an extra 15,000 bonus if the match is won. Emiko also mentions that a few of Setsuko's team mates have died during matches. While this is not unheard of, the number of fatalities lead her to believe that there may be some kind of match fixing involved. Setsuko would personally appreciate it if any proof of that can be found. You have one week until the match!

((Possibly some detective work required, but primarily highly physical characters needed. Those with little physical ability will have a very hard time. Danger level is high. Team size: 2-3))

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane

Sun mentions that while he was at the police station, he noticed a bounty posted for 200,000 nuyen. Apparently a serial killer is hunting down and murdering mages across the city. The Cowboys want this case closed before the news starts to get a whiff of it. Between this and all the other problems in the city at the moment, they don't want to spread any more panic among the populace. The serial killer is presumed to be armed and dangerous. Access to further information and evidence will be granted upon acceptance of the bounty. Due to the sensitive nature of the bounty, an official contract must be signed, including a 50,000 nuyen liability clause should any information about the case be leaked.

((Most of the job involves detective work, but apprehending the killer will be dangerous. Team size: 3-5))
    At the community center Wanted-poster-wild-west-design-template-wanted-vector-11522704
    At the community center NakamatsuMission 6d - Mission of Mercy

Sam also has a job. There's no pay and the potential for a shitton of trouble, but during their last job together, Sam and Emiko found out that famous inventor and national treasure, Dr Nakamats, has been working for the Yamaguchi clan of yakuza. More specifically, he has been implanting devices to reprogram SINless women and use them as illegal sex slaves in brothels, claiming they are just very life-like drones. It is unclear whether Dr Nakamats is a prisoner or not, but he doesn't seem too put out about the whole affair as it has given him the opportunity to test some kind of mind transfer technology that would allow one to transfer their consciousness into the body of a prepared host.

Sam has acquired some traffic footage tracking the last known whereabouts of the doctor to a known yakuza compound. A garbage truck containing dozens of victims entered a fish processing plant. It would probably be a good idea to both stop Nakamats' madness as well as rescue the victims, if possible. No one is financing this mission though. It'll just be a feel good mission that could potentially piss off one of the most powerful organized crime syndicates in the world. No biggie, right?

((a decker is recommended, but not strictly necessary. Needs either stealth or expert murdering skills depending on how things go. Danger is extreme and it will take some creativity to get paid. Team size: 3-5))  
    Mission 6e - Salvage

Sun has another potential job for the adventurous. A water-filled tunnel beneath the Black Cobras old base is a short scuba dive to the old archology ruins. Drones are active and armed there, but there is probably some interesting scrap salvage to be had for those interested in drone stuff. Personally, Sun thinks it's a waste of time, but then he and gizmos don't really mix much.

((deckers/techies recommended. earn you some gear. Moderate risk. Not time sensitive. Team size:3-5))
    At the community center 40dbff8e71e5e4fabaedba84d05e15da
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:00 am

Pretti turns to Emiko. “I want to talk to your friend, Setsuko, before I go and throw myself into a game where people aren’t supposed to die… but they did. It reminds me of the job I did a couple weeks back, preventing a cheat. But that wasn’t very dangerous.

“I wouldn’t even consider throwing myself into this sorta thing, but… she’s your friend. I meet her before I meet her coach.”
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:57 pm

“Of course! Let’s see if we can get her on the commlink.”

Emiko holds the commlink so she and Pretti can be seen.

If Setsuko answers
    “Hi Setsuko! This is my friend Pretti. She is interested in filling in and wanted to talk to you about it.”

If Setsuko does not answer, Emiko leaves a message
    “Hi Setsuko! I have someone interested in filling in for you and has a few questions she’d like to talk to you about. Give me a call.”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:00 pm

At the community center Nqbuk8Setsuko picks up and says, "Alright. Well, what do you want to know?
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:52 pm

Pretti says, Plenty. But I guess we can start with what exactly happened to you, and don’t hold back on the gory details.

Pretti takes the com so the camera pans down to her bare midriff, to the waist where flesh meets metal, and all the way down her legs, stopping at the talons. After a couple seconds, she pans back up to her face, saying,

“Been a victim of senseless violence myself. The second thing is, what time can we meet? Can we meet today? With only a week to learn this… game… I don’t wanna waste any time.”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:57 pm

At the community center Nqbuk8Setsuko says, "I don't know what to say that the trid replays can't say already. Big troll snuck up on me while I was running for a goal and took out my legs with a shotgun. He got a kill penalty for it, but I was out of the game too. If you're looking to jump in, I can see what you've got today. Just give me an hour."
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:39 pm

Pretti replies, “Sure! I got your number from Emiko’s comm, so…”

She sends a text to Setsuko that just says,
    Call me!
    ♥, Pretti

“…now you got mine. Send a location, and I’ll be there within the hour!”

She then says to Emiko, “Um… if any jobs are left undone after a week or so, I’m happy to work with you assuming I do alright with your friend. Also, tell me something when you can.”

Pretti types a text message, sent to Emiko, which she can check later.
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:56 pm

When Emiko immediately replies, Pretti grins a little and waits for Setsuko to send a location.

“Well, I’ll do my best to help your friend. Can you show me these replay videos she mentioned? As much as it pains me to ask, I mean the replays of her teammates as well. Not that I… I don’t wanna watch anyone die.

“But I do want to see the faces of their killers. And the face of the one who hurt Setsuko, too.”
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:17 pm

“I actually have a hard time watching them. I can set you up to watch some highlights from last game but I’d prefer not to watch. It’s probably how MK feels about you working.”

Emiko downloads some clips and shows Pretti how to work her deck. Emiko giggles to herself thinking how Sam would think it’s ridiculous to let another person touch her deck.

“Let me know if you need any help, Pretti. I’ll be back.”

Emiko goes off to chat with others.
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:06 pm

Pretti excuses herself for a few minutes…

When she returns, she comes back in looking deeply disturbed. It’s not lost on her that Emiko compared herself to MK. Pretti might have smiled upon hearing that. After that video, smiling about anything just seems… wrong.

“I sent the highlight reel to my own comm. I saw… your friend. I couldn’t watch more than that. I’ve seen the full video of what happened to me but… it’s different to see someone else go through that sorta thing.”

Pretti gives Emiko her comm back, then says with conviction, “I won’t let you down, Emiko. Oh, but I won’t let MK watch the game either… just in case.”
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:23 am

Emiko takes back her deck and says, “be careful.”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content