Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

3 posters

Downtime 5 - Pretti

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Downtime 5 - Pretti - Page 4 Empty Re: Downtime 5 - Pretti

Post by GameMaster Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:12 pm

Kireina nods and says, "Well, it sounds more like you need a prayer for safety to ensure the continuation of your love. We have charms that help promote safety for only 5 nuyen at our temple gift shop."

She glances about for a moment to see if anyone is listening and then says, "For those who are especially generous to the temple, we also have a limited supply of magical charms, if you are interested. We do not normally let the general public know about them, so we would appreciate it if you kept this to yourself.."
    Downtime 5 - Pretti - Page 4 2jbjus2
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Pr3tti
    Physical Track: 4/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Legendary Sidekick Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:28 pm

“How generous are we talking? Would a hundred do, or is there a set price for specific charms? I mean… MK and I are on a fixed budget, but on the other hand, your prayers for me did so much.”

Pretti decides to hear Kireina out.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:52 pm

Kireina says, "Forgive me. Perhaps I should not have mentioned it then. It is likely beyond your budget as the cheapest of such charms cost 20,000 nuyen. While it will most certainly increase your safety, it would be irresponsible of me to offer it to someone who has financial troubles." Downtime 5 - Pretti - Page 4 2jbjus2
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:32 pm

Pretti does actually contemplate it. “Well… I don’t mean like we’re destitute. Just frugal. I do have a budget for upgrades from my new job. How safe would the relatively cheap charm make me?”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:09 pm

Kireina says, "It is hard to say in concrete terms. You'll only know it's working when something bad that could have happened, doesn't happen. I know it sounds vague, but such is faith in the protection of the gods."

((mechanically, you essentially get rating one combat sense, as per the adept power on page 309 of the core rulebook))
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:13 pm

Pretti clasps both her hands around Kireina’s.

“Then let my first 20,000 earned from my new job go here to your temple. And you can consider the Temple of the Heart mine as well.”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:20 pm

Kireina says, "May it protect you always. We have more powerful charms as well, should your new profession provide a significant windfall. Just come by when you have the funds and I will let the priests to have one ready for you."
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:33 pm

Pretti giggles with joy at the new charm. “Too bad the completely depletes my new account; otherwise, I’d donate another 5 to get a charm for MK. She loves charms, even if they aren’t magical!”

Pretty decides to leave a message of love on the “ema.”

MK,
    You’re my everything. Your love is the strength that I’m gonna need…

...and after completing the message and signing it “TT,” she writes another.

Dear moms,
    I can never thank you enough for the love you gave me. I hope to make you proud

She has so much mote to say to the women that got her out of the tunnels, but it’s not the sort of sentiment you can leave in writing. She punctuates proud with a period, then changes it to an exclamation point. She contemplates not signing it, but given the other message in her handwriting, she signs TT to this one as well.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:12 pm

Downtime 5 - Pretti - Page 4 91ygntU6eWL._AC_SX522_The little charms, also known as 'omamori' are not much to look at. They are just little sealed cloth bags tied to a string that read "safety and good health" on them. The 5 nuyen one looks almost identical to the 20,000 nuyen charm. The colors are slightly more vibrant, and the stitching more detailed, but otherwise nothing that one would expect such a high difference in price tag for. Unfortunately Pretti knows nothing about magic, so she has no way of knowing if it is truly magical on her own, but she could probably find someone to verify it if she wanted. Not that she had any reason to suspect Kireina would pull a fast one on her; it would be extremely shocking and out of her character to do something like that. For now, she would just have to trust that the gods were protecting her.  
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:48 pm

Pretti has 20,041.67¥. So she donates 20,005, leaving herself with 36.67¥. Even though the 5¥ charm does nothing, she wants MK to have one more for the collection.

She then says to Kireina before leaving, “Thank you so much! I better wear mine so I don’t mix them up,” she adds with an awkward giggle.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:40 pm

Kireina gives a light bow and says, "Farewell. I wish you safety at your new profession. Be sure to pray at the shrine before you go to let the gods know to watch over you."

She gestures over to a line at one side of the temple, leading to a hanging rope with a box in front of it and a shrine in front of that. One by one, members of the line take hold of the rope and shake it, ringing a bell tied to the top. They then clap twice, bow twice clap one more time and toss a coin into the box before making a silent prayer to the gods.
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:13 am

Pretti makes sure she has a coin, even if that means donating 20,006¥ and asking for 1¥ in change to donate at the prayer bell.

The line is long, but Pretti sees beauty in Kireina’s faith. The people’s prayer is like a simple dance. She studies them to ensure she will perform her prayer-dance flawlessly.

{5} Gymnastics

Pretti follows the steps with grace (some might even say ‘amazing?’), rhythmically timing the pace of the claps, bell and toss of the coin.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:46 pm

Pretti isn't super well versed in the Shinto faith. But then, most who don't live their life as a priest really do. Religion in the Desian Islands isn't something for the masses, at least not as other countries practice it. There is no holy book that every one reads (or at least pretends to have read). There are no weekly services. People are not expected to have religion rule their every decision.

Instead, priests are seen as sort of a middleman between the spirit world and the physical one. You go to them when you need advice and during certain holidays and make donations for their help. They are also called upon for their blessing after major events such as a birth, a death, the purchase of a new house, etc. The understanding is that the priests know all the little quirks that the spirits have and it is their job to let the public know how to appease or gain favor with them. Religion is strictly seen as their job and no one else's. Of course, that isn't to say there aren't those who choose to learn for themselves rather than dealing with a middle man. It just isn't all that common, particularly among the mundane.

Pretti performs the solemn ritual of begging the spirits for protection along with everyone else. As far as she can tell, nothing happens. But then, it's not her job to.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 3/10

Post by Emiko Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:43 pm

>>>>> That sounds really cool
    >>>>> I do have some jobs I know of
    >>>>> I was just heading to the center to talk with the group about them
    >>>>> Would you like to meet me there
    >>>>> or I can pick you up
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 3/10

Post by Emiko Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:37 pm

Emiko reads the message and then looks at Pretti to gauge why she didn’t just ask.

Emiko writes back
    >>>>> We’ve been friends for a while

Emiko looks at Pretti and thinks, “girl, you sure are mysterious!”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:43 pm