Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

3 posters

Downtime 5 - Pretti

Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Pr3tti
    Physical Track: 4/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Downtime 5 - Pretti - Page 3 Empty Re: Downtime 5 - Pretti

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:28 am

As the concert date approaches, Pretti starts tinkering with her AR Fashion, picking out a skirt, or possibly even a maxi dress, to wear on her date.

She asks Marie, “Think a long dress’ll he’ll me blend in?—especially in a crowd where people can’t even see my feet!”

((What I really want out of this RP is to know exactly what AR Fashion does. Is it basically a sleeves of many garments? And who would see past the illusion? Or am I totally mistaken about what this tech does?))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:55 pm

Downtime 5 - Pretti - Page 3 Rmk4joMarie says, "Just bring some glow sticks and you will be fine. Maybe some kind of cosplay, if you're feeling really fancy," her hair still wet from the shower and her body wrapped in a towel.

She picks up her AR goggles and takes a look at Pretti. The AR outfits being completely digital, it is impossible to see them without a commlink or some other device with an image link. While in public most people have such devices constantly on, Marie had taken hers off to take a shower. Looking at the chosen outfit, she says, "Besides, it's a vocaloid concert. If ever you're going to find a crowd of cyber enhanced people, well that's the place to look. You won't stick out any more than any of the others there. Some of them may even be envious."
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:18 pm

Pretti says to MK, “Are you suggesting I show off the legs rather than cover ’em? I don’t need an app to not wear pants, but maybe a little skirt, just to keep the jealous ones guessing where the metal ends and the flesh begins.”

Pretti looks up at Marie, finding her glistening skin so much shinier than polished metal.

“What they should really envy me for is my date.”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:36 pm

Downtime 5 - Pretti - Page 3 Rmk4joMarie says, "I'm saying wear whatever you want to wear. No one will be judgy at a vocaloid concert. We're all a bunch of otaku going to see a computer generated girl sing in holographic form on a stage. Society might be judgy, but the people there most definitely won't be."
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:01 pm

Pretti says with a grin, “I was trying to charm that towel off you with my envy-me-for-my-date line.

“But if you’re gonna cover up your beautiful, freshly-showered bod, how about an AR fashion show? Show me what you’d wear. I won’t twinsie you, but I’ll try to pick something complementary.”

Pretti is just as happy to go down on her girl as she is to try on virtual outfits with her.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:25 pm

Downtime 5 - Pretti - Page 3 Rmk4joMarie smirks and says, "We're going to miss the train if you keep goofing around. I'm not going to forgive you if we miss the show. I've been really looking forward to it."

She slips on one of her AR adapted outfits. Looks like a normal shirt and skirt, but subtle, unseen sensors are built into it to give the AR outfits a better idea of where and how they should fit the body. She has nowhere near as many options for outfits as Pretti has as she has only a subscription to the cosplay line. Mostly she just changes the colors of her outfit to match those of the vocaloid you're going to see, sort of a black and yellow flowing dress thing. Her hair also turns pink to match.
    Downtime 5 - Pretti - Page 3 Megurine_luka
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:29 pm

Pretti enjoys the reaction, and settles on one of the outfits she prepared while MK was in the shower.

“Cosplay it is, then.”

She dresses as the Gold Solar Scout, transforming her cutoff shirt and bracers into space-valkyrie armor, complete with an armor skirt and winged tiara.

“You look so cute, Marie! I’ve been looking forward to this too! Shall we?”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:51 pm

The two of you finish getting dressed and dash out to get the train. Pretti has little trouble running there, but Marie has no hope at being anywhere near as fast as her counterpart. Still, the pair manage to make the train in time and the concert afterward. The concert consists of a large stage where a digital hologram of a computer generated singer dances about and sings while a live band plays music for her. Just about everyone in the crowd has adjustable electric glowsticks which the fans change color and wave in sync with the music. Clearly the crowd favorite of the night was some absurd song about spinning around in a circle. The song makes little sense, but the tune is catchy never the less and the crowd goes particularly wild for it.
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:07 pm

“That’s what our love child would be if we could make one—an anime girl who dances!”

Pretti’s years in dance prepared her for this day. If the crowd really would envy her metal legs, it wouldn’t just be for looks, but how gracefully she can move on them. When the only thing to do is hold up a glow stick, only one hand is needed for that. The other hand is holding MK’s.

Pretti contemplates looking up the lyrics and translating them to MK on the train ride home, if she wants to know the meanings (and hasn’t looked up a translation already).
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:40 pm

Downtime 5 - Pretti - Page 3 Rmk4joMarie smirks and says to Pretti, "Don't get any funny maternal ideas,"

Later, when Pretti looks up the lyrics on the way home, she realizes they are in Desian Common, which is what everyone in the country speaks. The fuzzy digital voice made it somewhat hard to understand though. Marie is looking satisfied with the concert, having purchased a charm to add to her commlink. There are already so many charms attached to the commlink that it is significantly more charm that commlink. The charms certainly outweigh the commlink 10 to 1 at the very least.
    Downtime 5 - Pretti - Page 3 31Qjr7jJD8L._SL500_AC_SS350_
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:24 pm

Pretti says, “No worries, sweetie. None of my funny ideas’ll knock you up.”

Pretti was able to understand the Desian words, but for the life of her, she can’t remember them. She reads lyrics to Marie in Desian, like reading poetry, then translates. If MK doesn’t ask for a specific song, Pretti’s choices gravitate toward lyrics she appreciates for their meaning.

Once back at home, Pretti wants to shower right away.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:31 am

Pretti and Marie get home on the last train and stumble exhausted into the door. Marie is wiped and all she bothers to do is gargle, wash her hands, go to the bathroom, then crashes in bed. She doesn't even bother to change. Pretti takes a shower and gets the smell of tobacco smoke out of her hair.
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:44 am

Pretti feels as if the shower steam has the stink of second-hand smoke. And once out of the shower and dried off, she sees MK is already zonked out.

“Ohhhh, you smell like a spent cigarette butt.” Pretti climbs into bed and lovingly adds, “My cigarette butt.”

She spoons MK, embracing her like a mother would cuddle a sleeping child, which is a funny maternal idea—a real mom would insist on the shower.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:35 am

The night passes and come morning, Marie takes a shower and heads out to work at the local theme park. She announces she is leaving as she quickly runs out the door with a slice of toast clenched in her teeth.
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:04 pm

Pretti sees her girl running late. She jumps out of bed herself, throws on a jacket over her pajama shirt and—having showered mere hours ago—she zips along, ready to help MK any way she can.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:07 pm

Marie smirks and says, "I can get to work on my own. Thanks for the thought," as she runs off to catch the bus.
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:34 pm

Pretti smiles back. “Y’know how it is. I hate to see ya go, but I love to watch you leave.

“Have fun at work, Cutie!”

Not sure what to do with herself at the moment, Pretti decides to go back inside and wash the cigarette smell out of the bedsheets, and her clothes, and MK’s. Shower after laundry, then…

How far is the Shrine of the Heart?
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:21 pm

Downtime 5 - Pretti - Page 3 Z7G5xqdChecking out the map function of her commlink, Pretti locates the Kokoro temple on the far southern side of the mountain. Marie and Pretti live in the Yuuenchi district, so a good 40 miles as the bird flies. If she takes the train, it should take about a half hour to get there.
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:44 pm

Pretti skates on over to the train station. I wonder if Kireina will be there.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:33 pm

Downtime 5 - Pretti - Page 3 1280px-Kasuga-taisha_shrine_in_Nara_07Pretti soon finds herself at the Kokoro Temple, also known as the temple of the heart. Wooden boards called "ema" are tied to stands with messages of love from various visitors to the temple. Some hope for new love, others wish for continued love and a sad number pray to get over a love lost. Spirits of man work with mikos to keep the grounds clean. Kireina is one of those mikos currently at work.Downtime 5 - Pretti - Page 3 2jbjus2
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:12 pm

Pretti gives a friendly and enthusiastic wave. “Hi, Kireina! I see you’re keeping the place beautiful as always!” (If etiquette demands voices be kept to a dull roar, Pretti catches herself and softens her voice mid-sentence.)
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:28 pm

"Just doing my job," Kireina says, "What brings you to the temple? Just coming by to say hello or did you need some help with matters of the heart?" As she says this, a couple of teenagers run by and snap some pictures on their commlinks of the two of you talking before running off giggling. Downtime 5 - Pretti - Page 3 2jbjus2
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:53 pm

Pretti says, “Maybe some of both? All’s well with MK and I, considering that I’m… y’know.” She pats the side of her bare hip, which of course is unclothed because nothing below the waist needs covering for decency’s sake.

“But I’m getting more work that puts my talents to use, and she’s understandably scared. I just don’t want her to worry, even though I know that’s selfish. Like, just this morning, she was running late for work—same as usual, not like her-fired late—and…

“I just wanted to run out and save her. I don’t even know what I could’ve done without causing a scene, really. Scoop her in my arms? Stop traffic? Tell her to call in sick so I can just hold her all day?”
    Pretti is probably blushing by now. “Sorry,” she says, even though the Temple of the Heart is likely the only place on all of Gilon where such extreme mushiness is tolerable.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:49 pm

Kireina chuckles and says, "The only thing you need to do for a loved one is be there for them when they need you. Being late for work is not usually one of those times. Does she have need to worry about you with this new profession of yours?" Downtime 5 - Pretti - Page 3 2jbjus2
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:01 pm

There’s an awkward pause. Pretti looks around to see if any more teens are about to snap a picture.

“Well… yeah. I’m afraid there is potential risk. Marie is supportive, and she understands I want to use my physical enhancements to help people. I just… I don’t know how to explain it, really. I guess that’s why I’m here.

“To pray for the one I love.”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:42 pm