Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

5 posters

Downtime 5 - Emiko

Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kin
    Physical Track: 9/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Downtime 5 - Emiko - Page 3 Empty Re: Downtime 5 - Emiko

Post by Deadeye Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:26 pm

>>>>>Picked up my car. Thanks again for the ride. Let me know when you have more info on the meeting you mentioned.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:27 pm

Downtime 5 - Emiko - Page 3 Nqbuk8The week after her job, Setsuko calls up Emiko and says she's got the night free to hang out. "Hey girl, sorry about the delay last time you called. I'm ready for a night out, if you are. That is, so long as we don't do anything super active. Gotta stay off the leg for a few days."
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Pr3tti
    Physical Track: 4/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:24 pm

>>>>> Hey, Emiko!
    >>>>> MK says I should meet you on her work night.
    >>>>> She has plans for us on her free night.

Pretti texts the tone and date she’ll be waiting at the Finish Line.

>>>>> PS~ Even if it’s business, I still wanna sing!
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:53 pm

>>>>> Which friend? Tampon Sam?
    >>>>> I kid! See you soon!

((Will set the scene in Pretti’s thread.))
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 3/10

Post by Emiko Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:24 pm

Emiko says to Setsuko, "How about if I pick up some food and wine and we stay in at your place?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:41 pm

Downtime 5 - Emiko - Page 3 Nqbuk8Setsuko says, "Sounds good to me. Something light, if you don't mind. I don't think I could stomach something overly greasy or salty right now."
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kin
    Physical Track: 9/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Deadeye Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:27 pm

>>>>>Emiko, I'll be happy to pick you up. Just let me know where and when.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:30 pm

The day Emiko is to meet up with Setsuko, she finds the final game of Urban Brawl she played in. While watching sports is boring for Emiko, she wants to know why her friend is in so much pain.

((I'm not sure what happened at the game nor the severity))

That evening Emiko places an order from an Indian restaurant for a few appetizers, dishes, and naan bread. She first picks up a bottle of wine, then a get-well care package for Setsuko, and finally the Indian restaurant.

Emiko heads to Setsuko's.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:30 am

Downtime 5 - Emiko - Page 3 Nqbuk8Emiko finds a highlight reel of the Setsuko's last match. It's a semi-final round, which Setsuko's team ultimately won, leaving their final match coming up in another couple of weeks. It doesn't take much to find what happened to Setsuko during the match. She was going in to score a goal when a cybered up troll with a shotgun swings the barrel right across her face, sending her flying into a concrete wall. The blow knocks her unconscious, which should end the play, but the troll follows up by blasting her in the leg with his shotgun. The troll ultimately takes a kill penalty for shooting her while she was unconscious (which removes him from the game), but Setsuko's leg was completely ruined in the process, preventing her from playing the rest of the match as well. Luckily her team was already up by 1 point at that point and managed to keep their advantage for the win, but it was a pretty brutal match that resulted in 2 fatalities for her team.

When Emiko meets Setsuko at her home, Setsuko is getting around on a crutch, a few bruises visible on her face. She is wearing long pajama pants to cover up her legs, but after her injury, they must be cyber replacements that she hasn't gotten the hang of walking around on yet. She acts like nothing's happened and says, "Hey come on in. Thanks for bringing the food. What'd you get?"
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:54 am

“I brought Indian!”

Emiko gives Setsuko a hug but making sure to not apply pressure. “Oh wow, look at you! You’re looking much better.”

“You sure you wouldn’t want to go out dancing instead, ” Emiko asks with a smile and a wink. “Have a seat, I’ll get the table ready and you tell me how much of a jerk that troll is and all the great stuff about the game.”

Emiko hands Setsuko her get well basket containing creams, bandages, plush teddy bear, and a cute card meant to make Setsuko laugh. She then puts out dinner and pours two glasses of wine.

”How long until you’re back on your feet?”
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:19 am

In reply to the see-you-soon text:

>>>>> Awesome!
    >>>>> When you arrive, tell Yuusuke (the owner) you’re part of the Pretti party in room 3.
    >>>>> ♥, PR3π1
    >>>>> PS~ Spyder’s here. I was gonna ask her how to look up a two-year-old video. I think none of the legit sites show it.
    >>>>> But she was busy, and I didn’t wanna be rude. Here’s the video suitable for the public. I’ll explain when you get here.

She then sends a link. It’s a video of costumed dancers. They’re all dressed like a bunch of fantasy amazons: feathered helms, strappy pointe shoes, chain mail biki…no. Flip sequin bikinis meant to resemble chain mail. And it’s more like a sports bra and hot pants.

The faces are obscured by the helms, which only leave a T-shaped opening. Aside from slight variations in height and skin tone, the women all look like the same girl doing the same thing in fifteen places at once. (For some moves, one or five or ten of them does a different thing, but it all matches the throbbing beat.)

They’re impressive, if you can appreciate the dancers’ skill (or their costumes, which are mostly skin, really), but a minute or so into the routine, the camera jitters and blurs, and pans a little away from the lead dancer and toward two men fighting. Once in focus, the men are two punchy silhouettes over a backdrop of lasers, colored smoke and waxed, synchronized legs. The shadowy figure on the left takes a step back from the larger opponent. He reaches by his hip and there is a bright red lens flare—

End of video.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:17 am

Downtime 5 - Emiko - Page 3 Nqbuk8Setsuko laughs weakly and says, "Well I don't FEEL that much better," before she hobbles over to one of the nearby tables, "I've got good docs taking care of me. It's mostly just a matter of getting used to the new legs. They say it should take a couple of weeks. It's weird though. The other team didn't seem to be trying overly hard to win. It's almost like they were specifically trying to sabotage our team. We're down two members. Three if I can't get my ass into condition in time for the last match. We're trying to find replacements, but it's not like we'll have time to train them up much before the game."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:56 pm

"I'll admit I'm not the best at sports... wait, hold on..." Emiko takes out her deck from her purse and types quickly. Her eyes flutter for a few seconds and she says, "Ok, let's talk sports."  Emiko smiles, "I got some enhancements myself."

Emiko pours Setsuko wine and then a glass for herself. "It was the semi-final game. The other team lets you win, then they're out. Sure, they took out you and two others but they took themselves out.  Who wins? A few people. It could be the team you have to face. It could be someone who wants to hedge their bet.  We need to look into this!"

Emiko takes a gulp of wine and calms down. "You know that I've been in some gruesome situations but nothing like what you put yourself through. If there's anything I can do to help you, please let me know. I don't want you to give up."  Emiko thinks for a moment. "You know, there's a girl I met recently. She had her lower torso removed in an accident. She is nothing but metal from the navel down but she moves like a cat. She skates too! You're tough and you're going to be fine. Your Setsuko!"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:19 am

Downtime 5 - Emiko - Page 3 Nqbuk8Setsuko chuckles and says, "Yeah? You got her number? Could use someone like that in the finals. She'd probably make a good scout by the sound of things and we just lost a scout and a banger. Possibly 2 scouts if you count me.

"Not to sound negative or anything. I'm not giving up my career or anything. I'm sure I'll be fine eventually. Just don't know that I'll be on my feet in time for the match or not is all. And if the team's down 2 or 3 members, it'll be pretty hard to win the match."

"Though I suppose what you say could be right. The Tigers, or at least someone who wants to see the Tigers win, could have gotten the Butchers to throw the match. Lots of money run on these matches. If the Tigers did something directly, then they would forfeit the final. Big if though. Ug... I wish people would just let me play instead of pulling bullshit like this."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:36 am

Emiko is wary to give Setsuko Pretti’s number. She recalls the story Pretti told about losing her legs. Obviously this urban brawl is much more dangerous than dancing. But, Pretti is a big girl and can make her own decisions.

“If you’re serious about my friend subbing, I’ll have her call you.”

”Ok, let’s get your mind off this. What do you want to do tonight? Watch a movie? Go find that troll’s house and egg it?”

Emiko messages Pretti about calling Setsuko after she leaves ((will message on Pretti’s thread))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:36 pm

Downtime 5 - Emiko - Page 3 Nqbuk8Setsuko says, "Well, we're going to have to find replacements one way or another. If you've got some in mind, I'm more than happy to try them out. The pay's good for a day's work. Scouts need to be fast on their feet and bangers back them up with tougher armor. In either case they need to be decent with a side arm because that's what they get to defend themselves with. Send anyone you think might be interested my way and I'll test them out to see if they have what it takes.

"Anyway, I'm fine with a movie tonight. I get the feeling if we go egging his house, we'll end up in worse shape than I am now. That guy is fast for a troll."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:53 pm

"Got it, I've got some contacts I will get in touch with and forward your way."

"Let's get your mind off this and into something more positive. I'm guessing a rom-com is out. How about an action movie where they don't even bother to write a story but the guys look incredible and the explosions are non-stop?"

Emiko heats up a bag of popcorn and then turns down the lights, starts the movie, and sits close to Setsuko.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:04 pm

Downtime 5 - Emiko - Page 3 Nqbuk8Setsuko says, "Sure, whatever. So long as it's not something too cerebral. Not in the mood for thinking overly much." You end up watching the foreign-made live action remake of a comedy action anime.  
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:16 am

A couple hours after karaoke, Pretti sends a text:

>>>>> Hey, Emiko!
    >>>>> I’m home with MK, who’s zonked our from her late work night.
    >>>>> Glad I got to meet Kin, and I’m also kinda glad I caught up to Spyder.
    >>>>> She reminds me of MK, kindhearted, but an introvert.
    >>>>> And Dash is a real piece of work.
    >>>>> I really mean piece of 💩.
    >>>>> Next time you see Spyder, just let her know she can always hang with me if I happen to be at Finish Line.
    >>>>> If she needs to get away from a creepy guy, or just have me deflect some of the attention…
    >>>>> Let’s just say I’m immune to a guy’s charms too.
    >>>>> Oh! And fiercely loyal to MK.
    >>>>> I hope my attempt at solidarity didn’t make me look like a floozy.
    >>>>> (I whipped my bra off out there on the street in attempt to cheer Spyder up!)
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:55 pm

Emiko spends the movie laughing uncontrollably. Afterwards, she says to Setsuko, "Wow, you picked a great movie, thank you for that. I really needed that."

Emiko gets up to clean the mess from the night's meal.

If Setsuko suggests that Emiko should spend the night, she does but Emiko gets the feeling Setsuko would prefer some time of her own to heal. In that case, Emiko will say, "thank you for a fun night. I'll ask around for some substitute people. You know I would do it but..." Emiko wiggles her noodle arms. "Give me a call if you want to hang out again soon. I think I have a job coming up shortly, so I hope I see you before that."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:07 pm

Downtime 5 - Emiko - Page 3 Nqbuk8Setsuko says, "Thanks. Have them give me a call and I'll check them out to see if they'll be a fit as a stand in. Thanks for coming by. I'll give you a call when I'm feeling a bit more on my feet. G'night!"
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:50 pm

Pretti sends a text.

>> Hey, Emiko! Hope life’s treating you well!
    >> Was just at the Temple of the Heart, getting prayers of protection from Kireina, the famous miko.
    >> Long story.
    >> Anyway, if you got any jobs you think I can handle, let me know.
    >> ♥, Pretti
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:06 pm

Pretti sends her location.

>> Yeah, I’d love to bum a ride!
    >> I’m still around the temple, and can just hang here, if you mean you’re on your way literally like right now.

(If Emiko means to pick up Pretti later, she suggests Finish Line as the meeting place.)
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:49 pm

At the community center, Pretti sends a text to Emiko. They’re literally standing right next to each other. Why wouldn’t she just flat out ask?

>> Are you and Setsuko close?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:33 am