Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

5 posters

Downtime 5 - Emiko

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Downtime 5 - Emiko Empty Downtime 5 - Emiko

Post by GameMaster Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:30 am

Emiko wakes up the next morning, sore from her evening joyride, but otherwise fine. Gazing out of her apartment window she sees the city is having a light bit of snow; the first snow of the season. The snow isn't heavy and likely won't stick, but it brings a bit of quiet to the otherwise busy city. With no jobs currently planned and a payday on the way, she is free to do just about anything she likes. The light hours are certainly one of the perks of the Shadowrunning business.Downtime 5 - Emiko Tumblr_oqoskzwlmG1ui7oe1o1_400
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 3/10

Downtime 5 - Emiko Empty Re: Downtime 5 - Emiko

Post by Emiko Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:55 pm

Emiko makes herself a cup of hot tea and snuggles under a thick, soft blanket seated in front of a window. She watches the snow fall while the city begins to move below. Moving her head reminds her of the body's pain so she tries to remain as still as possible.

After a long, hot shower Emiko sits cross-legged on her couch and sends out a few messages:

>>>>>Hey Sam, thanks for including me on your last job
    >>>>>I hope you'll bring me on more jobs

>>>>>Hi Tetsu. It was great working with you
    >>>>>Thank you for not cutting off my head, I'm quite attached to that ;p

>>>>>Hi Tammy. It was nice meeting you
    >>>>>You really saved us yesterday!

Then she messages Setsuko:
    >>>>>Hey girl! You have time to meet up soon?
    >>>>>I'd love to see you

After being a hermit for a day, Emiko leaves the house to pamper herself. She gets a body massage and follows up with getting her hair and nails done. She then goes gadget shopping picking up augmented reality nails, smart wig, synthskin face mask, and theatrical cosmetics kit.

Back at her apartment, she mulls over getting work done to her body. Ultimately, she decides to upgrade her tailored pheromones while installing a Chipjack, Skilljack, and Mnemonic Enhancer.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:34 pm

Emiko messages Sam
    >>>>>Sam, please let Akina know I need to speak to her
    >>>>>Thanks!

After Sam agrees Emiko will wait a few minutes and then call her. She will ask Akina to get her a fake SIN under the name Itsuki Morimoto.  She also supplies a photo of herself in disguise.
    Downtime 5 - Emiko Male_e10
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:46 pm

Emiko receives responses to her texts.

From Tetsu:
    >>>>> Sorry about that. Hate mages.

From Tammy:
    >>>>> You don't pay me for nothing.

From Setsuko:
    >>>>> Game season's almost over. Finals are next week an I need to be in top form. You free the afterward?

Thanks to her Tasukeichi contract, Setsuko has little trouble getting her enhancements and the recovery period from the surgery is only a day. By the next morning, she's already feeling excited at all the knowledge she now has at her fingertips.
    Downtime 5 - Emiko Tumblr_oqoskzwlmG1ui7oe1o1_400
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Sam Dekker Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:23 pm

Emiko receives a response from Sam
    >>>>>> You did a good job.
    >>>>>> I will let you know if I need help on another job
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:54 pm

After getting her implants, Emiko plays around with downloading different kinds of information. It's a rush to her that information she had no idea about was now like memories she's had all along. The feeling of losing the information when replacing with something else is weird to her though. She searches online to find something to keep the memory and comes up with nothing.  She does find something called a Mnemonic Enhancer that helps with memory recall and Emiko does some research on that.  She calls a company and speaks to someone that explains the device. Unfortunately though, the bioware Emiko wants is unavailable. Emiko disconnects and messages Sam asking if he knows someone that can get her one.

Emiko replies to Setsuko

>>>>> Absolutely!
    >>>>> Hit me up when you're available

Then Emiko downloads knowledge on Urban Brawl and adds a comment about the game using Urban Brawl lingo, wishing Setsuko luck in her game.

Sports Knowledge R4: 4 hits
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:12 am

>>>>>>I do not have a cyberware contact.
    >>>>>>I am looking for an upgraded damage compensator.
    >>>>>>So, if you find a contact, let me know.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:05 pm

Emiko contacts Ken, her information broker:

Hi Ken. I need your help with something. I’m looking to join an info bbs. I’d like a good one and one where you can give me a good recommendation. I’ll trade you for some good juicy information.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:55 pm

Emiko receives a message from Sam
    >>>>>>Can you access the footage from the cameras that you set up
    >>>>>>at the front of the factory and send it to me?
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:59 pm

Downtime 5 - Emiko Backer_dwarfmale_paulthorgrimsonKen picks up and says, "Well, depends on what you got for me. I'll preface this with the fact that while I know of a place, I'm not a member because I don't like giving away my info for free. That said, I do know where you can find some members who might be willing to vouch for you. Tell me what you got and I'll tell you where to go."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:44 pm

Emiko says, "that's true, I know you don't like giving away info for free. How about this, instead of my info, which is good, but not great, I'll pay you for the location?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:47 pm

Downtime 5 - Emiko Backer_dwarfmale_paulthorgrimsonKen shrugs and says, "Well, it's not like its much of a secret. The info is yours for 100 nuyen."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:49 pm

Emiko says, "very reasonable, deal." She transfers the 100 to Ken.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:53 pm

Downtime 5 - Emiko Backer_dwarfmale_paulthorgrimsonKen checks his credit balance to ensure the transfer went through before saying, "Alright. There's a bar in Izakaya called the Finish Line. It's run by this old retired shadowrunner named Yuusuke Takahashi. He's long out of the business, but lots of shadowrunners of all levels stop by to pay their respects and talk shop. Stick around there long enough and you'll surely meet someone who can help you out."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:12 pm

"Thanks Ken, I'll talk to you again soon."

Emiko spends some time doing research on Yuusuke Takahashi. She looks to see if there's any conversation starting information available. She thinks, "I bet there's tons of stuff on him on the bbs."

She also wonders what Izakaya is like and downloads an R4 knowledge on the area.

Emiko gets in her car, punches in the coordinates, and rewatches her video she sent Sam of Dr. Nakamats. Her blood boils listening to him speak and she says to herself, "you're going to pay for this, you bastard".
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:22 am

Downtime 5 - Emiko 32ztaivThe only information Emiko can find on Yuusuke is that he runs a bar. Other info about him seems to have been purposely wiped from the matrix. And not amateurishly either. A level of thoroughness that you'd expect out of the G.O.D.. That is not a minor thing.

On the other hand, there's plenty of info about Izakaya. A large number of bars, breweries and grilled chicken shops populate this area, making it a highly popular area to unwind among overworked office workers. There are also traditional ryokan (guest-houses), homes, and small-scale apartment buildings throughout the district. Because of its colorful location, downtown credentials, and relaxed atmosphere by Mingmei standards, Izakaya is a popular accommodation choice for budget travelers.

Eventually Emiko arrives at the bar. Nothing about it sticks out particularly among all the countless other bars in the area. Drinks, minor food offerings, karaoke in the back. The place isn't huge or busy, but it has customers. A huge, bald, flashy looking human wearing a colorful shirt, gold chains and shades indoors stands behind the bar, absently wiping down the bar as he chats with a couple of women seated there.

One of the women has obvious cyberlegs and isn't even bothering to wear shoes. Not that she could by the look of the size of her feet. Cyberware aside, she's actually quite gorgeous.

The other woman is terrifying looking. She has 4 arms, deep black skin and looks like what you would get if a human and a spider had a child. She is not something you would want to meet in the dark.

No one particularly acknowledges Emiko as she enters.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:25 am

Emiko strolls up to the bar near the ladies . She tries not to stare but she is definitely intrigued by their enhancements. When the man behind the bar looks at her, she says, "hey handsome, how are you doing today?"

If the man is open to chat, Emiko will make small talk with the man to try and get him to like her. She expects the man is either Yuusuke himself or knows who are the bbs members she's looking for.
    If the man is down to business, Emiko will order a beer, thank the man, and pay.

While the man is getting the beer, Emiko turns to the ladies and tries to break the ice by saying, "hey girls, how's your day going?"

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:28 pm

Downtime 5 - Emiko 32ztaivFrom her matrix research, it is obvious to Emiko that the bartender is Yuusuke, though she has no idea about either of the other two. Yuusuke smiles to Emiko cordially and says, "Doing well! Surrounded by all these pretty ladies today. It's good times. Have a seat anywhere, I'll get you your beer in a moment."

The ladies glance over at Emiko. The spider-girl is the first to speak. "It's cold, but otherwise alright," she says with a grin, revealing a pair of sharp fangs unlike anything a human would naturally have. She offers a polite bow to Emiko and says, "It is nice to meet you. My name is Spyder. New to town?"

((It's not perfect, but this was the best image I could find of Spyder. Imagine this with jet black skin and 4 arms))
    Downtime 5 - Emiko Spyder
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Pr3tti
    Physical Track: 4/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:05 pm

Pretti turns to the stranger. “I’m doing okay for drinking alone. MK’s got writer’s block, so she’s nuking noodles at the apartment. I was gonna milk my Caucasian and call it a night, but… I know I’ve seen you before.”

She offers her hand. “I’m Pretti. Uh… not like bragging. My girl called me that, and it stuck. It’s the only name I go by.”
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:40 pm

Emiko takes an empty seat at the bar and replies to Yuusuke with, "that's a great cause for having a good day," and offers a smile and wink.

To Pretti and Spyder Emiko gives a bow and says, "it is a pleasure to meet you both. My name is Emiko."

To Spyder Emiko says, "ha!  I'm always cold. That's why I have, like, 15 sweaters in my car. I am new around here and I'm impressed with the area.  Lot of places to shop and nice bars to kick back at. I was told I should stop by this place, great spot to meet interesting people."

To Pretti Emiko says, "a very appropriate name, not a brag I'm sure. Your girl is very lucky." Emiko flinches at the idea this girl may recognize her and hopes Sam didn't release footage of her from the warehouse. She's sure she was wearing a mask the whole time. Emiko says, "I think I just have one of those faces, you know. I am sorry but I don't remember meeting you."

To both Emiko says, "how about I buy a round of hot sake?" "That should help warm you up a bit," Emiko says to Spyder with a smile.

To Yuusuke, Emiko says, "four shots of hot sake to go with my beer, please."
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:43 pm

“I am not about to say no to a hot sake, Emiko. Thanks!”

Pretti relaxes herself a little, appreciating the out from her faux pas. “Yeah… one of those faces. That must be it.” She adds, “I never did claim to know you—more like seeing you in passing, and definitely not here.

“I’m sure I’d not have forgotten if I saw you here. MK and I are becoming regulars, though we only came the first time because of the name. Great place to end a run.”
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:56 pm

At the mention of 'ending a run', Emiko begins to wonder if Pretti is a bbs member or just one of the shadow runners that hang out at the bar. Either way, Emiko is already liking her company.

"This is a good place. So you and MK are runners too? Would you like to tell me about your last run or was it one of those don't ask/ don't tell deals?"
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:16 pm

Pretti looks just a little embarrassed—and maybe just a little excited.

Too. She said ‘too.’ And she’s not as scary as some of the others.

“Oh! No, not that kind of ‘run.’

“Though I should know better, considering Yuusuke retired from that line of work, and lots of patron here are not retired. I do skating runs and a little parkour—MK times me, and what better place to end than the Finish Line?”

She has this eager grin, which looks a little hesitant, than after a swig that empties her Caucasian—well, why else do you really hang out here?—she asks the question she didn’t really want to ask Spyder.

“Oh, but you’re saying you do those kinds of runs, don’t you? I actually am interested in…” Just saying the word seems a big deal to her. “Shadow-running.

“What I lack in inexperience, I make up for with... theeese... metalll... legs? Sorry. That’s not much of a sell is it?”
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:18 pm

Ha! Your legs are fantastic. I’m actually a bit jealous. Saves time from having to shave!

Emiko realizes right away that Pretti is not a bbs member but she does seem like someone that would make a good contact, or a friend.

Shadowrunning is a huge rush... and the money is nice too. Here, I’ll give you my commlink information and if I hear anything I’ll call you and you do the same.

Tell me more about your girl MK, she also looking to get into running? What’s she like?
    Legendary Sidekick
    Legendary Sidekick

Runner Dossier

Post by Legendary Sidekick Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:37 pm

Pretty says, “Yeah… I save on pads too.” She smiles warmly. “It’s a blessing in disguise, and I’d absolutely love to exchange info!

“Oh, and it’s no run or anything, but I’m actually wrapping up a gig at… oh, y’know, that arena? Here…”

While exchanging contact info, Pretti sends a link to a tournament for some video game called Skate or Die: Hyper Champion Edition.

“I’m one of those girls that holds up the Round Number signs at a tournament—while on skates! I do my own stunts, if you wanna see my moves. Oh… if you can stand the sore losers. One of the so-called winners threw a hissy and stormed off. Anyway, MK hooked me up with the gig. She’s writing a blog on it now, as we speak.

“That’s actually how we met—she was blogging an event I was dancing at. I guess I was Brienne the Battle Babe from Post-Post-Apocalypse World? It’s an anime… one that’s… kinda hard to watch.”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:47 pm