Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

5 posters

Mission 5d - High Security Testing

Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Mission 5d - High Security Testing - Page 2 Empty Re: Mission 5d - High Security Testing

Post by Sam Dekker Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:40 pm

Sam reads the message that Fouchou forwards him, and sighs.

"She is asking for me," Sam tells Fouchou.

He thinks for a moment, and comes up with some nonsense to respond to Roku with:

>>>>>>Unless current activities naturally trend right,
    >>>>>>until such time forever,
    >>>>>>only urchins can have our underwear!

There. That's the sort of bullshit she should respond well to.

After sending off that message, Sam contacts Tetsu.
    >>>>>>I am setting our friend up with some of my other friends.
    >>>>>>I imagine she will be interested in helping them out.
    >>>>>>While she is working with them, can you help me out with a job I am working on?
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Mission 5d - High Security Testing - Page 2 Empty Re: Mission 5d - High Security Testing

Post by GameMaster Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:53 pm

Mission 5d - High Security Testing - Page 2 RokudenashikoFuchougo

Whatever Sam says, it seems to have agreed with the contact because once Sam sends his message, Fuchougou almost immediately receives another text:

>>>>> Sam says I can trust you, so I will take his word on that. I expect you to delete these messages as soon as we are done here. If they are not deleted or any attempt is made to back them up, I will fry this commlink. That said, What do you want?

Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kitaro Saito
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by Geert Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:12 am

Meanwhile, Kitaro decides to pay a visit to "Red", an Ork street dealer who he knows because he can often be found outside the clubs that Kitaro visits so often.

He buys 2 grams of Novacoke and starts a casual conversation. "Hello mister Red, how are you doing today? I bet business is booming right now. There must be plenty of people who are looking to forget their problems for a bit with all the drek that's been going on lately."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:06 pm

Kitaro

"Oh, hey. Sure, man," Red says as he holds up his commlink to Kitaro's and deducts 20 nuyen. Handing over a couple of tiny baggies, he says, "Yeah well, you know. Cops out on the street always make everyone nervous. They don't seem to be concerned with me anyway, so whatever. I think it's just a bunch of hot air, people getting worked up over nothing. I'm out on the streets every day and I've never seen no ghouls. The way they go on about it, you'd think it was the goddamned zombie apocalypse. I don't see any ghouls around here, do you?"

He gestures around to make his point. There are in fact, no ghouls to be seen.
    Mission 5d - High Security Testing - Page 2 Npc_trollmale_docks_nightjar
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:25 pm

Kitaro casually tucks the baggies away in the inner pocket of his jacket. Then he looks around as if he wants to verify that there are indeed no Ghouls around.
    "No mister Red, not a single one. Let's hope it stays that way
    As Kitaro walks off in the darkness, he says
    "See you around mister Red, don't let the Ghouls catch you ... or the cops for that matter."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:05 pm

Kitaro

Red gives an upward bro nod and says, "Yeah. Sure, man. Ain't nobody's catching ole Red. Let me know if you need any more stuff. I can hook you up with all kinds of prescriptions." He then leans against a brick wall and pulls his hood up.

A particularly strung out elf male approaches the troll and begs for a hit. Red obliges by kicking him in the teeth. The elf rolls around on the ground in pain as Red spits on him and says, "No free shit. That is the only kind of 'hit' you're getting for free. You want real shit, you bring real cash, you hear me? I'm sick of your begging crap and not interested in 'other payment options'. "

The elf glares up at the troll and spits out a couple of teeth. Then, without warning, he draws a switchblade and lunges at Red. The blade scrapes against the troll's dermal deposits but does no real damage. Red glares and says, "That's IT, you little shit," before grabbing the elf by the head with one meaty hand, lifting him up off the ground and slamming him, skull-first, into the brick wall. The elf's body slumps and Red sighs, "Shit man, now I gotta find a different corner."
    Mission 5d - High Security Testing - Page 2 Npc_trollmale_docks_nightjar
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:29 pm

Kitaro practices the time-honored tradition of minding his own business and keeps going.

When he reaches his car he begins to punch in the coordinates to his apartment.
    Suddenly he pauses, stares in front of him for a few moments and mutters "Goddammit".

Kitaro makes sure the car is locked, then astrally projects and heads back to the corner. From the astral plane, he checks the elven addict to see if he's still alive.

(( I'm not sure if this is perception or assensing, but it's the same dicepool -> 1 hit ))
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:51 pm

Fuchou sees the pattern in the code and groans a little bit for not seeing it at first. Assuming that she can decode a Vigenere cipher he sends back this.

Rest easy, very experienced nerds get everything
    ni vvr hvvefmam mexj gbcffcn xb jijxmsl jeke vrq g hvzdgr. ci eizh ukpg kzxgorx mi. antrr jpgx ysdi nlvz yg?

Vigenere key of REVENGE
    (((we are breaking into cowboys to destroy data and a device. we need help getting in. wanna fuck some shit up?)))

Last edited by Fuchou 复仇 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:09 am

Mission 5d - High Security Testing - Page 2 RokudenashikoFuchougo

The reply appears within a few seconds, similarly encoded:  

>>>>> Z rzzrx irx zkty hlvdrt lijxdznrw zr gsam imiimam wksmqf

Red has hurried off by the time Kitaro's astral form returns to check on the elf. The elf's aura shows heavy signs of abuse (both of the pharmaceutical variety as well as the physical variety). He is in pretty terrible shape, but still alive. However, he does appear to be hemorrhaging pretty badly and is clearly unconscious. If left alone without medical attention, he probably will not survive the night. If not from his injury, then at least from exposure to the elements or perhaps a passing organ legger... Mission 5d - High Security Testing - Page 2 Matou.Kariya.full.865237
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:30 am

Kitaro returns to his body and lets out a deep sigh. He mutters to himself "When did I become a drek magnet?" as he gets out of the car and grabs his healing kit from the trunk.

Kitaro quickly walks back towards the corner, trying to draw as little attention as possible. When he reaches the elf he takes off one glove and touches him/her with his hand.

He first casts a stabilize spell to stop the elf from bleeding out. Then he casts a heal spell right after to fix the worst of his/her wounds. (( 6 hits stabilize, 6 hits heal)).

The spells seem to work surprisingly well as the worst of the injuries begin to disappear. When he is convinced the elf's condition is no longer life-threatening, Kitaro will take a stim patch and place it on the elf's arm. (( rating 5 stim patch ))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:55 am

Kitaro

The elf awakens, thanks to Kitaro's skilled aid. He is weak and twitchy, but seems like he won't die of his injuries at least. With his switchblade still laying on the ground next to him, he looks up at Kitaro and says, "H-h-h-hey man, c-c-c-can I get a h-h-h-hit?"
    Mission 5d - High Security Testing - Page 2 Matou.Kariya.full.865237
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:07 am

Kitaro looks at the man in disbelief for about 2 seconds.

Then without saying a word he reaches inside his pocket, takes the baggy of Novacoke he just bought and places it the man's hand.
    It seems that he has suddenly lost all desire to snort the stuff.

He helps the man back on his feet and begins walking back to his car. While walking away he says "That stimpatch will have worked out in about 45 minutes, make sure you're someplace safe by then".
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:56 pm

Kitaro

The elf snatches the baggie like a starved animal and quickly snorts it. His body twitches for a moment and then he seems to relax. A smile creeps across his features and he says, "Thanks man, I needed that."

He then takes a deep breath and releases it before picking up his switchblade from off the floor and sliding it into his pocket. He seems considerably more lucid at this point. "Hey, thanks for patching me up," he calls out as Kitaro walks away. He then rushes to follow behind Kitaro and says, "I don't have anything to repay you with, but if there's anything I can do for you..."
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:52 pm

Kitaro turns around. He tries to keep a distance of at least a meter from the man since he's not really trusting him after what he saw before. He tries to keep the elf's hands in his vision to make sure he's not going for his knife again.
    "It's ok chummer. Just consider this your lucky day and try to turn your life around."

Kitaro hesitates for a second and continues.
    "You don't happen to know anything about that big Cowboy tower right?"
    He points towards a high silhouette in the distance.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:27 pm

Kitaro

The elf glances at the Cowboy HQ for a while then turns back and says, "Police HQ? Maybe..." His eyes then narrow suspiciously at Kitaro as he says, "Why do you ask?"
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:23 am

Kitaro smiles an innocent smile.
    "You asked me how you could repay me for saving your life, giving me some information on the police HQ would be a nice start. I happen to have a friend who's in some trouble with the Cowboys and I'd like to try and help him with that."

Kitaro puts a hand on the man's shoulder.
    "Don't worry, you won't get in any trouble. If I like what you have to say you might even get something out of it."
    (( persuasion : 5 hits ))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:27 pm

Kitaro

The elf says, "Well... I guess. I can tell you a bit, depends on what you want to know. I used to work there until they caught me using, then fired and arrested me. Haven't been able to find stable work since. Not MY fault that I keep seeing shit, you know? The drugs are the only things that calm my mind. But nooo... they had a strict no drug policy and arrested me.

"Nobody will hire a guy with a record. No one will rent to one either. I might as well be SINless. Anyway, I don't have much love for the police, but some of the guys there used to be my friends. Some still come to check up on me and give me food. So before you tell me what you want to know exactly, I'm just gonna say that I'm not gonna tell you anything that could get them hurt. "

Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:09 pm

Continuing to use his innocent smile Kitaro replies. "I just saved you for no reason at all didn't I? I think that proves I'm not the kind of guy who would hurt others, especially not police officers."

Kitaro stands a little closer to the elf and lowers his voice. "Look, I'm gonna level with you here. My friend used to be a researcher on the ghoul detector project. His boss screwed him over a few weeks back and got him fired because he was afraid my friend was going to take his job. All we want is to get inside to the ghoul detector so we can download the research data that my friend worked so hard on."

Kitaro puts a sad expression on his face "I mean, you should know how it feels to get screwed over by the chiefs over there, wouldn't you want some justice?"
    (( con : 4 hits, judge intentions: 3 hits ))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:03 pm

Kitaro

As far as Kitaro can tell, the elf doesn't seem to be lying. At least it seems like a pretty unusual lie for a random drug addict to tell. He may be leaving out parts, or be telling things from his particular perspective, but overall, it seems like what he is saying is probably truthful in his eyes. He doesn't seem to like the idea of screwing over anyone though. "Hey man, I'm not happy I lost my job, but they were just doing their job. I don't really hold it against them for arresting me. Just wish it wasn't their job, you know?

"Anyway, the ghoul thing happened after I was fired, so I don't know anything about that, but if they're building something, it'll be on one of the R&D floors on levels 15 through 20. That's all I can really think about right now, but I guess if you give me your commcode I could give you a call if I think of anything else that might be useful. Maybe you give me some more novacoke?"

Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:30 am

Kitaro takes the prepaid commlink he bought a few weeks earlier and shows the commcode to the elf.
    "What's your name anyway chummer?"
    After the man has saved the commcode Kitaro puts the commlink away again, looks on his watch and says.
    "You better get going, you need to get off the streets before that stimpatch wears off."
    As he walks off Kitaro puts up his hand.
    "The sixth world doesn't give many second chances, make the most of it"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:16 am

Kitaro

"Jun Nobunaga," the elf says as he puts the info into an old, busted meta link. As Kitaro walks away, Jun adds, "Thanks again for the patch up and novacoke. But this is far from a second chance. Don't do something stupid like getting arrested, or you'll be on the streets like me."
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:26 pm

Fuchou tells the gang that Roku appears to be tentatively onboard, and that she needs files of her own. He sends back a message:

ni xea gvieikr ysdiolvtk, fym thxtfwzw nxi jmhmygv. ni ceik e wexi, n xmxkzv nth r hzqb-see. qzig or divxfveti?
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:32 pm

Mission 5d - High Security Testing - Page 2 Tu4dalsb_400x300Fuchougo

Fuchouguo receives a link to a decker fetish club called, "The Backdoor". There is no other information given. A quick browse through the link reveals that it is maid night tonight. Those who want to get in are expected to dress as either a maid or a butler.  
    Mission 5d - High Security Testing - Page 2 54facae8b173363b0084656f63054777
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:13 pm

Kitaro sends a message to Ichigo and Fuchou telling them that he believes the device will be located on floor 15 - 20.
    He also mentions he got this information from a former Cowboy employee, but that it will probably take some time to earn enough trust to get more information from him.
    For now, he leaves out the part of the man being a drug addict.
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Valacan Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:45 pm

ichigo will reply kitaro "ok that's great news that's info we didn't previously didn't have, my lead didn't have anything. lets see what fuchougou can find out"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:09 pm