Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

5 posters

Mission 5d - High Security Testing

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Mission 5d - High Security Testing Empty Mission 5d - High Security Testing

Post by GameMaster Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:37 pm

7/23  

Three weeks have passed since your last job and with rent looming soon, it would be a good idea to get another pay day. Tensions throughout the city have been high as Fire Force soldiers patrol the streets, searching for ghouls. They rarely find any, but whenever they do, the ghouls and whatever building they were found in is usually burnt to the ground. People are beginning to grow concerned that a neighbor may make a false report that might result in a visit from the Fire Force. But none of that is your problem right now.

It's a cold and rainy fall evening when Fuchougo, Kitaro and Ichigo secretly meet up in one of the small bedrooms of the community center to spitball plans for their raid on the police building. Right now, not much is known about the building other than there is a device that needs to be destroyed, along with any research related to said device. You don't even know what the device looks like or how it functions other than having the capability of locating ghouls. Given that one of you is a ghoul and you've at least a few associates who are ghouls as well, you have a vested interest in not seeing them hunted down and burnt alive.

However, breaking into a police headquarters is filled with risks, not the least of which being having your names placed on the top wanted list. To say this will require careful planning is an understatement. But if you manage to pull it off, you'll be legends.

When Fuchougou was asking around to get some help with this job, he was somewhat concerned about his abilities as a hacker and spoke with Sam about it. Sam is both busy with his own work and would prefer not to be arrested by the police so he is unavailable to help, however he does provide Fuchougou with the contact information of a skilled hacker who has her own plans to raid the Cowboy HQ. He thinks that if the group is willing to combine jobs with her that she might be interested in helping out. It would be helpful to have another hand in the job, but adding her goals to the mix may complicate matters that are already tricky to begin with...
    Mission 5d - High Security Testing 1
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kitaro Saito
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Mission 5d - High Security Testing Empty Re: Mission 5d - High Security Testing

Post by Geert Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:03 am

Kitaro has become a little less anxious about being in the same room as Fuchou, but he still covers his mouth with a cloth respirator for safety.

His voice slightly muffled by the cloth he begins to speak.
    "Mister Fuchou, mister Ichigo. Since the rest of the team is otherwise occupied, it looks like it's up to us to stop the ghoul genocide that the government is planning. I'm not going to lie, this mission will be hard. But with enough preparation, I'm sure we can pull it off."

Kitaro proceeds by saying that he thinks the first thing they will need to do is gather any information they can. Right now the only thing they know is that a machine is being built in Cowboy HQ.

Kitaro suggests they focus their investigation on two main areas.

The first is the Cowboy building. Any information about the layout, security measures, personnel rosters, etc would help them out tremendously to infiltrate the facility.

The second is the device itself. They need to know where in the facility it is, how big it is, and anything else they can find out about it. Even though it is being made inside the Cowboy headquarters Kitaro thinks the Cowboys would not be able to develop such a thing by themselves. So they should also try to find out who else is working on it.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:14 pm

Remembering what happened to Emiko during the legwork of the previous run, Kitaro thinks it's better to have some insurance before getting started.

He decides to do something he has never done before, binding a spirit. Kitaro feels slightly uncomfortable by the idea, but he figures that giving the spirit something nice in return might make it feel less bad about it.

He heads back to his apartment and begins the procedure. The summoning itself goes very smooth and a powerful spirit of beast appears. The binding takes more effort, but Kitaro manages to convince the spirit by offering it some nice high-quality incense from his special stash.
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Valacan Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:59 pm

"it wouldn't be a bad idea to try to get as many of the cops out of the building as possible. I think since were going to have this hacker that Sam recommended we could have this person hack the system to make it look like multiple minor/major crimes are going down to help with that. oh and speaking of our fourth member do we know what it is that they want?"
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:16 pm

"Well mister Ichigo, that is a very good question. We should find out what it is he/she is after as soon as possible so we know if we want to work together."
    "I agree with the fact that we will want to get as many Cowboys as possible out of the building at the time we want to go in. Fake crimes seem like a good idea, or if needed we can cause some distractions ourselves maybe."
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:01 am

Fuchou thanks Kitaro and Ichigo for putting their lives and reputation on the line for this mission, he cannot overstate how incredibly grateful he is to have them with him and that he hopes to repay his debt of honor soon.

Getting in touch with Sam's contact, Fuchou tells her of the device their goal to destroy it along with any information relating to it. He mentions that they have friends who have become ghouls and they don't wish to see them hunted down and burned, even if they are monsters. He neglects to mention his own condition.

He also implies however that they are concerned that if the device is proven to be functional against ghouls that the Cowboys will eventually be able to use it to hunt down any individual using it based off of whatever "signature" the device uses and that they would then have way more power than they can be trusted with as an organization. He doesn't know if this is true or not of course, but does actually suspect it and hopes it will rally the hacker to their cause.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:55 pm

Being a real club hopper, Kitaro tries to remember if he has been in a place before that seemed to have a lot of Cowboy Systems employees among its patrons.
    (( 3 hits ))
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:25 pm

ichigo is going to contact jin and ask him what he knows about this facility.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:53 pm

Mission 5d - High Security Testing RokudenashikoFuchougo

Fuchougou calls up Rokudenashiko first, but finds that she does not respond. Once he messages her, explains who he is and what he's trying to do, she responds immediately, though her response appears to be either nonsense or some code.
    >>>>> When houses eat raw eggs, I say: "Sell all muscles?"

Kitaro

It's been a while, but Kitaro can vaguely remember getting drunk at a tiny bar near the Cowboy HQ called Bar Maihama. As he recalls, there were a fair number of off duty officers hanging out there at the time, a fact that almost led to him getting arrested for drunk and disorderly conduct. Luckily some fast talking and a round of drinks got him out of trouble and he ended up going out to karaoke with them at the end of the night.
    Mission 5d - High Security Testing Japan1
    Mission 5d - High Security Testing Backerpc_dwarfmale_matthewtoIchigo

Jin's face appears on Ichigo's commlink and says, "Oh hey Ichigo! Haven't heard from you in a while. What facility? The Cowboy HQ? Hell if I know. I was only there long enough to get booked and transferred to the prison in Nishi. I can tell you about that, if you want. The place has totally gone to shit, that's for sure. What was left of it got totally wrecked by the storm and nobody's going to be fixing that hellhole up any time soon. Been making a tidy profit smuggling people off the island. They can't afford my services, of course, but people looking to purchase SINless slaves in other countries sure can. It's a good time for ole Jin, I tell you that! HAHAHA! Did you need a ride off the island, my friend?"
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:50 am

"Damm jin its not like you to get busted like that lol.Thanks jin appreciate the offer, thanks for the info and we need to hang out at some point."
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:13 am

In the evening, Kitaro heads to Bar Maihama. He will not put on a disguise but simply go as himself.
    Kitaro is not planning to do anything overly suspicious and if anything, his local fame might actually aid him in getting introduced to the right people.

He parks his GMC Phoenix in front of the bar and heads inside. He's wearing a Bordeaux red suit covering his form-fitting body armor and a pair of wiz looking sunglasses.
    Kitaro takes place at the bar and spends the rest of the evening just chilling there and talking to people.

He will of course not ask any questions directly related to the Ghoul finding device, but he will hint towards the Ghoul problem sometimes hoping someone will bring it up themselves.
    He will do this by saying things like "Hey chummer, did you see that news report about those ghouls the other day? I hope the drek that's going on in those tunnels doesn't make it up to the city."

If there's anyone who seems to be sharing some useful info he'll buy him/her a drink hoping it'll loosen their tongue a bit further.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:35 pm

Kitaro

Chatter about ghouls raises a shit storm of comments from random people:

"Those tunnels have been full of garbage since the end of the war. It's about time someone got to finally sealing them off. Ghouls or no, everything down there is bad for the city," says one human male.

"Ain't like there was any saving them. Even if we got them out, they'd probably turn to ghouls in a few days," says an elf male.

"It's about time they started a Fire Force here. If they'd been around years ago, we wouldn't be in this trouble to begin with. But that's government; always slow to react to the real problems. By the time they come up with a solution, it's too late to solve them," says an older human male.
    Mission 5d - High Security Testing Backerpc_dwarfmale_matthewtoIchigo

Jin says, "Well that was a long time ago. I haven't been in the clink since then. But then the police don't arrest people so much these days as they do just execute them in the street for 'resisting arrest' because they were 'fearful of their lives'. With the main prison gone, they don't really have anywhere local to send criminals until they build a new one."[/b]
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:28 pm

Kitaro decides to throw a little more fuel on the fire since emotional people tend to be less careful about what they're saying.
    "Well, sealing off those tunnels is pretty risky right chummers. I mean there must be a ton of exits, and if they miss even a single one you can bet those ghouls will find it."
    He then proceeds in a slightly softer voice.
    "Who knows, some might have already escaped the tunnels and are living in the sewers right beneath our feet."
    After this, he turns towards the older man and says.
    "You're right omae, we'll probably all be ghoul food before the government steps in. By that time it'll be US they'll be chasing with the flamethrowers."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:27 pm

Kitaro

The human male says, "You'd think there were a lot of exits, but not really. The tunnels aren't connected to each other so each exit is pretty much the only way in and out of that section. They were built to be bomb shelters back in the day. I suppose it's always possible that someone made an extra tunnel out, but I don't think a bunch of SINless gutter trash would have the resources and know how to do something like that, and the type of folk who WOULD have those kind of resources and know how would have no reason to do it."

The older human says, "They should lift the ban on firearms. Start selling them to normal folk so we can defend ourselves against the ghouls if the Fire Force isn't around. The ghouls'll be wiped out in a month, I tell you that."

"As if you'd be able to kill a ghoul with a gun," the elf replies, "You'd just get eaten and then we have ghouls with guns. Enough with your 'right to bear arms' crazy talk. Leave the violence to the folk who are trained for violence. Cowboy is paid to take care of that stuff and if everyone starts taking care of it on their own, the whole city will be in chaos."

"It ain't crazy," the old man shouts, "Folk in Ahanu have their own guns, and their society hasn't devolved to chaos."

"Ahanu?" the elf scoffs incredulously, "Are you really going to hold up the country that has riots damn near every day as an example of civil society? If the government banned guns there and let Cowboy do their damn job, it would be a hell of a lot better than it is now."

"You just say that because you're a company man,"
    the old man replies, "Keeping everyone scared keeps you guys in business."

The other human says, "How about you stop with your nonsense, old man. We'll just forget it and pretend it was just the drink talking. Otherwise we'll have to take you in for slandering an officer of the law."

The old man grumbles to himself and sips on his sake.

The other human nods and says, "That's what I thought."
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:55 pm

Kitaro says "Well I for one am grateful we have Cowboy around to protect us." He then jokingly adds "I'm more likely to shoot myself in the foot then to hit a ghoul charging at me trying to bite my nose off."

He turns towards the elf male and says "My name is Kitaro Saito, let me buy you a drink."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:26 pm

Kitaro

The elf says, "Kusanagi. Ryota Kusanagi," as he holds up a half-empty glass of shochu on the rocks, mixed with water. "I appreciate the gesture, but an officer of the law isn't supposed to take gifts from random people."

"Could be seen as bribery,"
    he adds with a wink.

"Oh like you can afford to be picky about free gifts, Kusanagi," the other human says, "No one's gonna fault you for a little off duty drink."

"Like you should talk, Zenigata," the elf responds, "If you were a bit more by the book, maybe you wouldn't be getting in trouble with the chief all the time."

"Whatever," Zenigata replies, "I do what needs to get done. The chief's just got it in for me. I don't do anything wrong. If I did, I'd not be employed, now would I?"

The elf smirks as he swallows a sip of his shochu and says, "Whatever you say, inspector. I've got enough drink as it is anyway." He gestures to a giant 5 liter bottle of shochu behind the bar with a little wooden plaque hanging from it with his name on it. "It'll be a good long while before I go through all that."

Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:14 am

When Kusanagi refuses the drink, Kitaro nods in understanding.

After the men are done talking Kitaro continues.

"So, do you guys really think those Ghouls can be safely contained in the tunnels? I can't imagine what would happen if that horde got out."

Kitaro takes a sip from his drink. "I'll be glad when that Ghoul detecting gizmo y'all been working on is finished. I'll sleep a lot better then, that's for sure."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:42 pm

Kitaro

"Well it's not my job," Kusanagi says, "But closing off the tunnels is relatively simple. Besides, if the ghouls didn't come out when the tunnels were open, there's no reason to think they'd come out now that they're closed. The main thing to worry about is the ghouls who are already in the city. The Fire Force is in full force right now. Even without the detector, I'm sure they'll clean up the city. All that does is verify that they finished the job as far as I'm concerned."

"That Fire Force is amazing," Zenigata interjects, "Have you seen them in action? Neko-chan is freaking crazy! I saw her leap like 10 meters to punch a ghoul in the face with flaming fists! FLAMING FISTS! Ug! It is so nice to have someone like that on the side of justice. I wonder if she's single."

Kusanagi snickers and says, "As if you have a chance with her. You don't even know what her real name is."

"Well that can't be helped," Zenigata grunts as he folds his arms defensively, "You know as well as I that the fire force members all use code names to keep their identities secret. And with those protective masks they wear, they could be anyone."

"Can you blame them?" Kusanagi adds as he sips another sip of shochu, "Not everyone is so happy when you are forced to eliminate their friends and family, even if they are ghouls. People are irrational and irrational people do things like assault off duty officers."

"Anyway," Kusanagi continues as he turns back to Kitaro, "There's nothing to worry about. Sure there's some danger in the short term, but the ghouls will be eliminated soon enough. Just let the Fire Force do their job and the disease will be eliminated before you know it."
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:51 pm

Kitaro can't help but think these guys actually make some good arguments. He will continue to talk with them for a while longer making sure not to make any mention of Ghouls anymore. After all, he doesn't want them to remember him as "that guy who only talked about Ghouls all the time."

About an hour later he will leave the bar and relay the information to Fuchou and Ichigo. Unfortunately, he hasn't really learned much that will be directly useful. He does mention the two Cowboys he talked with and the fact that one of them seemed to have his own private bottle at the bar.

Kitaro will return to his apartment, put his alarm clock at 3 at night and get a few hours of sleep. At 3 the alarm wakes him up. He will grab a soykaf to make sure he's well awake and check the locks on his door to make sure they're secure.

Then he'll sit inside his cozy lodge and astrally project. He heads towards the Cowboy office in the astral plane planning to do a bit of scouting. Kitaro plans to circle the building, keeping a distance of about 10 meters from it. He will use his magic sense quality to try and get a read of the place, looking for all things magical but especially for any astral barriers or protective spirits. If Kitaro would notice that someone has detected him, or seems to be watching him he will immediately return to his body.

(( My magic sense is a quality with a range of 30m ))
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:05 pm

"Ok jin ill talk to you later bro thanks for the info."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:47 pm

Mission 5d - High Security Testing Df78dff93a45aad0c6a5f760d4520cedKitaro

It is not hard to find the Cowboy HQ as it's a massive tower on the east side of town; easily 100+ floors tall with likely some subterranean floors as well. Kitaro senses a couple of spots of magic throughout the building as he flies by, but the pair of spirits patrolling the exterior in astral space discourage him from entering the building to investigate further. He could try poking around inside the building if he really wants, but risks detection if he does.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:27 am

Kitaro does not go inside the building for now, but he does try to get a reading on the spirits to see how strong they are.
    (( 3 hits on one spirit, 1 hit on the other ))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:09 am

Mission 5d - High Security Testing Df78dff93a45aad0c6a5f760d4520cedKitaro

Kitaro focuses on the spirits as they zoom by, patrolling the exterior of the building. Both are spirits of man though that is all he can get out of one of them. He gets a better look at the second one, who appears to be about as magically powerful as he is.
    Geert
    Geert

Runner Dossier

Post by Geert Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:59 am

Kitaro returns to his physical body and goes back to sleep. Though sleep doesn't come easy. In the morning he relays the information of his little scouting mission to Ichigo and Fuchou.

He will also ask them if they have been able to gather any information about the building or the device and if they managed to contact the hacker.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:10 pm

Fuchou sends the mysterious message to Sam asking if he knows what it could be referencing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:44 pm