Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.


    Setting up home base

    Share
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 204
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Valacan on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:51 pm

    so ichigo will draw his ares light fire75 which is silenced and activate my thermal vision and enhance my hearing. I'm going to try to see if i can hear the ghouls.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:03 pm

    Ichigo sees and hears nothing for the moment.
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 204
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Valacan on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:11 pm

    "hey chougou did you bring your flyspy??"
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 438
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by chougou on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:16 pm

    Chougou sends his flyspy in with the rotodrone further to try to locate the source of the voice.

    Over the Commlinks:

    "You guys, seriously, what survives in a house full of ghouls with bones on the floor? Short answer for me is only one thing: the ghoul"

    ((dammit I need to install speakers on these things!!))
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 742
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by WuJen on Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:31 am

    Over the Comms: "Stay Cool, I'll check her out astrally.  No need to jump to conclusions."

    Out Loud, WuJen says "You're in the Elevator?  I'll see what I can do.  When was the last time you heard any noise from outside of your position?"

    On Comms, "Give me some cover and watch my body, I'm going to check things out.  Torpor, Do NOT shoot me this time..."WuJen grins at Torpor as he settles against a wall and leaves his body to check out the person talking to them.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:53 am

    The woman says, "Sort of... under it. The ghouls have been trying to figure out how to get down here, but once the power to the building got shut down they gave up."

    Wujen projects through the elevator door and finds that it is not at this floor. There is a woman sitting in the darkness, apparently perceiving as she is able to see Wujen approach. She is wearing a yukata, a sort of traditional summer outfit, which covers her entire body, mostly hiding her emaciated form. Still, he can see that around the neck and face, where her body is exposed, she is very thin from malnutrition. She says, "Careful now. The ghouls are able to get you, even if you are astral. I would have called gone for help otherwise. You don't want to poke your head through the wrong wall and have it torn off."
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 742
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by WuJen on Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:12 am

    I've seen Carl astrally, can I tell a ghoul from an uninfected person? I'd think it was pretty obvious.
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 511
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Torpor on Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:51 am

    Torpor laughs, "Best not torque me off again then, besides you liked it." He then watches the doors for movement.

    (( Perception roll int -1 for default))


    Torpor carried out 5 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , ,
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:50 am

    The woman doesn't have any obvious physical or astral signs of being infected. If she is infected, the disease hasn't had time to take much effect. She certainly isn't at the "eating a dozen people" stage of the disease.

    Torpor doesn't see any movement, but he can hear scrabbling sounds somewhere. Ichigo is pretty sure they are coming from the office.
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 358
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by RafV on Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:05 am

    ((Somehow, I can't see the rolls on my laptop. On the phone, I can. It's odd))
    Getting close to the elevator doors, Sun says: "How did you get under the elevator?"
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 511
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Torpor on Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:28 am

    Torpor concentrates his attention in the office door while staying clear of the garage door, "opening the elevator door may make some noise, do we clear first or after?"
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:52 am

    The woman says, "Well, long story. I was in the elevator when the ghouls showed up, so my friend boosted me into the little service hatch on the top. I tried to reach down and help him up, but the ghouls were already on him at that point. They activated the elevator and I ended up falling off and down the maintenance shaft. This was all before the power got shut off, of course. I've been sitting in the dark, hoping they don't get to me ever since. I was afraid at first about them following, but they haven't been able to get into the elevator since the power went out."

    Torpor notices that shouting down to a woman through an elevator door also makes noise. Likely more noise than an elevator door would.
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 204
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Valacan on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:55 am

    Ichigo will defend Wujen
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 438
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by chougou on Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:14 pm

    Chougou continues to explore ((is there a roll I would be able to do to explore more aggressively?))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:11 pm

    ((there is no roll needed, just tell me where you are going. There is a map of the place on the first post.))
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 438
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by chougou on Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:16 pm

    Chougou will try to send the rotodrone/flyspy into the dojo/garage if the door is open, otherwise he will explore the office. The fly spy will go first with the rotodrone providing illumination in either case.

    ((I assume that one of the guys can patch me in to hear what is going on in there?))

    Over the comm:
    "Ask her what the hell she was *doing* here in the first place! I'm going to go explore if anyone wants to follow."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:13 pm

    Torpor has opened the inner door to the garage (the outer one requires power, or at least dealing with the internal safety release mechanism to open). The office door is still closed for the moment. Floating his drone about the inside of the garage, all he finds is an empty space with bones and the occasional spider.
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 204
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Valacan on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:37 pm

    ichigo will say over the coms "I will remain with wujen to defend him while he is astrally occupied! if someone would go with chougou."
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 742
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by WuJen on Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:57 pm

    WuJen returns to his body just in time to hear Ichigo over the coms.

    "I'm back.  She's awakened, and doesn't look infected to me, but I'm not an expert.  She looks a emanciated, but I think that's about it.   If she is a ghoul, she's not feral."

    Wujen starts inspecting the elevator doors, looking for a nameplate for the manufacturer, and makes a quick search through the buildings documents to see if there is a reference for the elevator, hoping to find some schematics for how the whole thing works so as to get some idea how to get into it without breaking anything.   If he can't find anything he will try Analyze Device to get some kind of idea.

    "Chougou is fine, it's his drone that might get attacked.  That's easy enough to repair or replace.  Torpor, watch yourself and don't get too far.  I'm checking out the elevator to see if there's anything we can do without resorting to heavy tools.  It should be fairly simple, but I'm not an engineer anymore than I'm an expert on the Infected."
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 204
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Valacan on Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:18 pm

    ichigo softly say "well thank goodness your back these ghouls got me on edge." (ichigo will say over the coms)"hey guys what do we know about ghouls??"
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:27 pm

    With no particular knowledge of elevators or engineering in general, attempts to analyze the elevator with magic. As far as he can tell, the only thing preventing it from functioning is lack of power. It should otherwise be a perfectly functioning elevator. Damaging it to get inside would only mean costly repairs later on. Without power, the only way to get the doors open without damaging the elevator is to use an elevator key to unlock them and then pry the doors open manually. Unfortunately Wujen has no idea where to look for the elevator key. ((anyone with knowledge skills relating to engineering, firefighting, or anything similar can make a check to try and make an educated guess as to where such a key might be))
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 511
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Torpor on Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:14 pm

    ((funny thing is, I know where the key is generally kept, I worked at the hospital doing security. But we keep it in the office .The fire department had their own))
    Torpor pulls up a new browser on his comm and 'Google's' how to open an elevator door in case if loss of power.
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 438
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by chougou on Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:46 pm

    Chougou relays back that there doesn't appear to be anything in the garage, looking up at the ceiling as well as he is leaving. Unless he sees anything there, he goes back to the entryway and asks Ichigo to open the office door for him.

    Chougou sends his duelist into the garage to patrol the area and give a warning about anything that it sees moving.

    "Stay out of the garage for now guys, the duelist is patrolling it to make sure nothing comes up behind us."
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 358
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by RafV on Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:40 am

    "So the elevator works with a key, or when turning the power back on, right? The key sounds best. If we turn the power back on, we risk the elevator moving further down, squashing that woman. Besides, maybe it's best to leave her until we can be sure it's safe for her to come out? If the ghouls are still around, she's safer where she is right now."
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 742
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by WuJen on Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:40 am

    " On the contrary, I prefer to get her out as soon as we can. She has already been in there too long and needs medical attention, and if there is a pack of ghouls in here or something worse that drives us out she will be stuck until we can return, assuming we survive."

    Sponsored content

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:17 am