Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.


    Setting up home base

    Share
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 358
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by RafV on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:17 am

    "Alright. We'll have to make sure this part of the building is secured then, so she won't be jumped by ghouls while making her escape."

    Sun looks at the surroundings using his bodyguarding knowledge to see how the corridor, elevator, and exit can be secured, perhaps involving the office within the security perimeter as well.
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 358
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by RafV on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:20 am

    Professional bodyguarding check
    RafV carried out 7 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , ,
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:20 am

    The member 'RafV' has done the following action : You roll:


    'd6' :
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 358
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by RafV on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:23 am

    ((Ouch... And no idea why it posted that Gamemaster post along with mine))
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 742
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by WuJen on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:25 am

    "Elevator is here, door is right there. It's not complicated other than opening this door and maybe lifting the elevator a few feet. I don't know how we will do that without restoring power. We probably need Chougou to take a look as none of us are all that into mechanical things."
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 511
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Torpor on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:39 am

    "There are noises coming from the office, the next room there. Not sure what though." And watches the door.
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 358
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by RafV on Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:25 am

    "So there's something in the office, and we need to be in the office to open the elevator? We also need the elevator to get to the next floor, right? Maybe we should first clear this floor, unlock the elevator door, release the girl, then turn on the power, and go up to the next floor?"
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 511
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Torpor on Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:54 am

    "No  we can get to the next floor by using the outside stairs but I'm sure those doors are locked also. If they are in the elevator shaft above the elevator then they could be upstairs as well. We clear one floor at a time and secure the elevator."
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 438
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by chougou on Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:02 pm

    Chougou will pause in his room clearing efforts when he hears the chatter on the comms about technical things. Not being able to resist an engineering challenge, he brings over the flyspy and rotodrone to see what he can see.

    If there is any way to send the flyspy in to where the girl is, he tries that to evaluate her situation. He then looks to see if he can find where a breaker box or some other power restoration situation would be.

    "If she can brace the elevator with something from her side it should keep from crushing her long enough for us to hit the up button. She's in a service space though so she really shouldn't get crushed even if we restore power.

    We do need to be prepared for her to attack too though, everything she says is exactly what a crazy vampire/ghoul/murderer would say. Ask her what business she even had being here! This situation is too weird!"

    Chougou does an engineering test to see if he can find the way to restore power or even override the elevators controls to use some sort of backup power or an emergency release mechanism to trigger the counter weight and lift it mechanically.

    ((Build/repair 5 + Logic 5?))

    chougou carried out 10 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 358
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by RafV on Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:38 pm

    Sun goes back to the elevator door, and bringing up his best diplomatic skills, he yells: "Miss! Hey miss! Please excuse my insolence, but would be so kind as to answer another question? The hell were you doing in this abandoned building?"
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 511
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Torpor on Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:09 pm

    "Not so loud, chummer." As he looks at the office door.
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 358
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by RafV on Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:34 pm

    "That's my inside voice... Shall I use my outside voice for when I'm above the snowline at the monastery?"
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:34 pm

    Chougou is unable to get a drone to where the woman is without opening the doors first, but from Wujen's description, he is pretty sure that she is in no danger of being harmed by the elevator should it start up again, as long as she doesn't do something stupid like sticking her hands into the moving parts. However, restoring power is a matter of the electric company, which has promised to start up service sometime tomorrow, so there is not much you can do about the power in the building.

    As for bypassing the mechanisms to manually open up the doors, he probably could do it, but it will take time to do. If he is fine focusing on carefully disassembling the elevator panel while there are potentially ghouls around to leap at his back, he can go ahead. He expects the work to take less than a half hour if nothing goes wrong.

    The woman says, "Some friends and I snuck in to have a party. There were about 20 of us or so at the time. We thought the abandoned building would be a great place to pop some bliss; maybe fool around a bit. The short of it is we kind of got caught with our pants down, both figuratively and literally. Those who were fast and lucid enough to do so managed to get outside and lock the door behind them. The rest of us were left here to die. As far as I know, I'm the only one left."

    The sound of something falling over can be heard in the office.



    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 358
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by RafV on Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:42 pm

    In his outside-above-snowborder voice, Sun whispers: "I hope you pulled your pants back up by now." He then turns around, to the team: "Guys, let's have some fun. Torpor, can you cover the door with your guns? And WuJen, can you either make me faster, or ready spells?" Sun himself sneaks up to next to the door, away from how it swings, and readies his staff, to stick it out to trip anything that comes out.
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 511
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Torpor on Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:08 pm

    "I'm telling you now, if you get so much as scratched you may get infected. If you get infected there is no cure. Other than that I am right behind you.” as he motions to the door with his pistol.
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 511
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Torpor on Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:09 pm

    Torpor then draws his white pistol with his other hand just in case he checks to make sure it is the red clip (custom rounds) however this one is not silenced.


    Last edited by Torpor on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:31 pm

    ((whispers aren't going to be heard by her at this distance, particularly with an elevator between you. Anything she can hear will be heard in the office))

    You can definitely hear movement in the office at this point. You are unsure how many without going in, but definitely more than one. The door thus far remains closed.
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 742
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by WuJen on Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:37 am

    "I'm not thrilled with the prospect, but I can try looking into the office from the room above by going astral again.  Ghouls are dual natured though, so they might see me and attack.  Good news, I'm pretty sure my astral body can't catch it, bad news is that I'm not all that great in a hand to hand fight."
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 742
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by WuJen on Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:38 am

    "I'd hate to get all excited and wipe out a bunch of partying kids or something though, or waste a grenade on a stray cat."
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 438
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by chougou on Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:44 am

    Over the comms:
    "You guys want to let the robot that can't get infected go in first? We don't know what's happening back there and it would be better if you had a chance to aim *before* they popped out."
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 511
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Torpor on Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:02 am

    Torpor holsters salt and takes out a flash/bang grenade, "This will do less damage to the building and give us an edge, check it out from above and we will be ready to to go.”
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 511
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Torpor on Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:03 am

    Torpor says over comms,, "what weapons does this drone have?”


    Last edited by Torpor on Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 358
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by RafV on Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:08 am

    ((Is there anything Sun can use to cover any exposed skin, to have some protection against possible scratches, beyond what his armor protects him from?))
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 511
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Torpor on Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:36 am

    Torpor wrote:Torpor stops at The mention of possible found, he draws his black silenced holster. Checks the yellow clip that is inserted and looks to sun, "if she is not one of them already,  trying to lure us into a trap we need to get her out quickly, regroup, and come up with a plan."

    ((Magical threats roll too see if ghouls are susceptible to light or any other vulnerabilities))


    ((Magical threats 3 + 6))


    Torpor carried out 9 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , ,
    ((Did you miss this, as I didn't see a response to it specifically. Unless I'm blind.... Also the original post had 3 successes, did not realize when quotting that it also rerolls))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:36 am

    ((@ torpor - sorry, I seem to have missed that post. @Sun - armor is your best bet))

    Torpor realizes that ghouls are blind so light doesn't bother them. They do have a sensitivity to sunburns which is why they tend to hide in dark abandoned buildings (that and it makes it easier to sneak up on people).


    Sponsored content

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:35 am