Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.


    Setting up home base

    Share
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:55 pm

    With the others still busy with their current job, Wujen, Torpor, Ichigo, Chougou and Sun pick up the keys to the group's new place and meet there together to check it out. It is a bargain at 20% below the standard rent of other similarly sized spaces in Denki-cho. The only condition is that you all had to pay up front, sight unseen, and that any issues the property has are your responsibility to take care of. On the up side, it is within a 20 minute walk from the noodle shop. On the less promising side, the door is chained shut and the windows are boarded up with a notice that the building is to be sealed until proper measures can be taken to clear the place of an infestation. The notice does not explain what the infestation is, but dried blood found around the door suggests it is something a little tougher than rats.

    The two keys you were provided fit in the chain lock and the door lock respectively. You don't know what to expect on the other side of the door, but at least you have a floor plan. It is hand written and a little smudged, but it should at least help you navigate the place a bit.


    ((before we get started, quick verification that this is the correct map draft, and if not, please post what the actual floor plan is))
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 511
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Torpor on Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:07 pm

    ((that is the one everyone wanted, should be good as is, once we are all clear and good I'll draw a front facing picture))
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 742
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by WuJen on Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:02 pm

    Standing out front, before unlocking the gate, WuJen assesses the place with his astral sight.

    WuJen carried out 8 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:24 pm

    From the outside, there is not much to really note. The background count is comparable to the rest of the city. There are no astral beings floating about the exterior. It doesn't feel like something super tragic has happened here or anything like that.
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 742
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 0/11

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by WuJen on Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:51 pm

    "Ok.  Ominous bloodstains and vague warnings of danger aside, it looks pretty normal."

    WuJen unlocks the gate and takes a slow walk around the exterior of the building, studying it in detail both physically and in astral space.
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 511
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Torpor on Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:22 pm

    Torpor walks with wujen looking for footprints out any other sign of what might be inside. 

    ((Perception check into 6 -1 for default))
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 511
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Torpor on Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:24 pm

    Torpor carried out 5 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , ,
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:52 pm

    Wujen walks around the outside of the building. Your unit appears to be split into 3 different smaller units, each with an external entrance via staircase. The building itself isn't free standing, instead it is connected to the buildings on either side of it. The other buildings in the area appear to be occupied with normal businesses that people seem to regularly go into and out of. Yours seems to be the one creepy building that people avoid.

    ((@Torpor - tracking is survival, not perception, but seeing as how it defaults to the same attribute and thus you would have rolled the same amount of dice, I'll just take the roll as is))

    Opening the door, Torpor releases a few dozen spiders from the building's confines. The spiders quickly scurry off in various directions, uninterested in Torpor. He examines the ground near the door and finds a single set of footprints leading into the room and towards the elevator on the left. Unfortunately the power to the building has yet to be turned on, so the elevator itself does not appear to be functioning at the moment. Nor the lights. Despite that, the muffled voice of woman can be heard from behind the elevator doors. "Hello?" she calls out, "Is someone out there? If there is, please get me out of here! I've been stuck here for days!"
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 358
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by RafV on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:30 am

    Sun, wondering where his team mates' manners have gone by not having introduced themselves to the neighbors first, just jots in after them. When hearing the elevator lady, he diplomatic self yells: "How come you didn't starve in there after days?"
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 438
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by chougou on Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:03 am

    Chougou I think would have brought at least 2 flyspys and the rotocraft, if that wouldn't have made sense in context though then he goes back to get them because he is completely defenseless without them. What a Face

    If he has the flyspys with him he sends one in with the rotocraft following up with a light?

    ((I'm thinking that they didn't get too much warning of the condition, so would it make sense that Chougou came this prepared?))
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 511
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Torpor on Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:49 am

    Torpor uses his thermographic vision and looks around to see if he picks up any heat residue anywhere around, entering the first room and carefully checking through the door windows looking into the garage Bay as well as the office across from the entrance.

    Torpor carried out 5 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , ,

    ((Rolling int either way for survival or perception with -1 default))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:14 pm

    ((@Chougou - he can have whatever he wants with him. I would assume he keeps most of his drones in his van and probably drove here with said van unless he decided to take the train

    @Sun - fyi it takes an average of about 10 days to die of thirst and about a month to die of hunger, if otherwise hydrated))


    The voice says, "Not to be a sarcastic asshole to my saviors or anything, but I never claimed to have a full stomach here. Food would be nice if you have it, but I would much rather be out of here first, if you don't mind. You took care of the ghouls, right? As much as I would like to get out of here, I like not getting eaten even more."

    As Torpor peeks into the garage, he finds no obvious signs of heat, but with Chougou's drone light, he does see a large collection of (meta)human bones scattered about. It would take some time to sort through them all to figure out how many there are in total, but he spots at least a dozen skulls.
    avatar
    RafV

    Posts : 358
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 0/14

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by RafV on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:56 pm

    Sun scratches his head. "You've already been eaten a little? You may want to check a doctor for that... We haven't seen any ghouls, btw, but we just got in. If you want, we can see if we can get you out, and cover while you exit."
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 511
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Torpor on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:16 pm

    Torpor stops at The mention of possible found, he draws his black silenced holster. Checks the yellow clip that is inserted and looks to sun, "if she is not one of them already,  trying to lure us into a trap we need to get her out quickly, regroup, and come up with a plan."

    ((Magical threats roll too see if ghouls are susceptible to light or any other vulnerabilities))


    ((Magical threats 3 + 6))


    Torpor carried out 9 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 511
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Torpor on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:19 pm

    ((ghouls not found. Did not want to edit to affect roll))
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:33 pm

    There is a pause before the woman's voice says, "What are you-? No! I haven't been eaten at all. Otherwise I would be a ghoul, which I am not. And I would really rather stay that way, so if you aren't sure that there are ghouls about or not, I will just wait here where it is safe. They haven't been able to get to me yet, I can wait a few minutes to make sure they don't get me now."
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 511
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 0 / 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Torpor on Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:34 pm

    Torpor says just loud enough for her to hear, "Do you know how many there was?"
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 204
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Valacan on Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:54 pm

    what does ichigo know about ghouls..medically speaking?
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:15 pm

    ((@ichigo - I don't know, give me a medicine knowledge check. ))

    The woman says, "No. I didn't waste a whole lot of time counting, but this building isn't so big. There can't be that many or they would be in the room with you right now.
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 204
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Valacan on Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:18 pm

    so is that just the medicine skill by it self or do i add something else??
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:10 pm

    ((should be medicine ranks plus your logic))
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 204
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Valacan on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:07 pm

    So with the new update I don't know how to roll my dice....grrr
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 204
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Valacan on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:18 pm

    medicine-5 Logic-3   Valacan carried out 8 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 204
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Valacan on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:22 pm

    torpor help me realize that i was not using the add reply but the quick reply instead! lol
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1523
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by GameMaster on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:25 pm

    ((glad you figured it out))

    Ichigo has never studied a ghoul up close, but knows what the general medical community knows about them. They are (meta)humans who have been infected with a disease that blinds them, deforms them, wrecks havoc on their minds and forces them to eat (meta)human flesh to survive. Desian laws are quite strict about ghouls. Any that are found are to be incinerated on sight so as to prevent the spread of their disease.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Setting up home base

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:17 am