Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+4
RafV
WuJen
Torpor
GameMaster
8 posters

Setting up home base

Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Setting up home base - Page 9 Empty Re: Setting up home base

Post by Valacan Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:42 pm

"Ok let's go then "
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:13 pm

Chougou checks in with the duelist to see if anything is happening on the ground floor and sends his rotodrone with everyone else back down to the second floor and searches for targets with the flyspy and the rotodrone together going ahead of everyone else to try to draw anything out; so lots of darting about and other large movements that would make something waiting uncomfortable.
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 2 / 10

Post by Torpor Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:47 pm

Torpor says, "we are going to check on the elevator ok the first floor first and make sure that is cleared then we will clear the second floor."
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:51 pm

Chougou follows everyone to the first floor then
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:11 pm

As you all get to the stairs to head down to the ground floor, you immediately notice 2 things. First, that in everyone's rush to get to the roof that the door to the second floor was not closed. Second, that seven massive spiders have taken the opportunity to escape the building and are making their way to the ground and the city at large.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by WuJen Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:16 pm

Well... These things are dangerous, but do we kill them? That webbing is something else, and they are possibly unique.

WuJen takes several images with his commlink, quickly formats a short message detailing what he knows and suspects about the spiders and sets up a search with the data Haven, and sends a message to mikuzume asking if it's heard of these things.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:19 pm

"I wonder if they are sapient. We should catch at least one."

"Cinder, do you think you could catch them without killing them? Surely there's stout box or something around here.

Ooc:how 'large' are we talking? Softball, poodle, VW bug?
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:57 pm

Cinder replies, "Creatures of flesh are difficult to capture alive for me as flesh does not mix well with flame. I could try on the astral plane as my body would not necessarily harm them there unless I will it, but then these things would be able to harm me."

Wujen sends off the message, but it is unlikely that he will receive a reply before the spiders have either escaped entirely, or been safely captured/slain.

((they are about the size of a really large dog. Say a malamute or st bernard.))

((let's set things in combat rounds for now, so everyone give me initiative and what you are doing. For distance reference, you guys are on the roof (aka the 4th floor), and these spiders are on the 2nd and 1st floors at this point. If you run down the stairs, it will take you approximately 1 full combat turn per floor to get down the stairs. It is possible to speed this up if you have points in running and make a check, choose to leap over the side, or have some other means of getting down there faster. You can of course shoot from where you are, but in about 2 combat turns you will no longer have a line of sight on the spiders from the roof.

In case you are curious, falling damage is physical damage equal to the number of meters you fall, though you do get your normal armor+body to resist (AP -4). A single story is a little over 4 meters, so you can do the math about your potential survival rate from wherever you choose to jump))

WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:07 am

Ooc: Sun, don't forget I'm sustaining improved reflexes at force 4 on you. I believe that's +8 init and 2 extra dice. Are they still in the building enough that I can corral them by shutting the doors with Magic Fingers, or jumping over the side while casting levitate? I'd probably pick Magic Fingers for that, I don't want to get bit my McSpiders.

Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:20 am

My initiative 8+ Valacan carried out 2 launched of one d6 :
    Setting up home base - Page 9 2 , Setting up home base - Page 9 4
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:44 am

((the stairs are all external. basically a fire-escape. All the spiders you see are outside, though if you closed the door it might stop some spiders that you can't currently see))
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:57 am

"That's 8 so far, including the corpses I saw on the second floor. What were they feeding these things?"

WuJen casts Magic Fingers and slams the doors shut to prevent any more spiders escaping.

He considers, then sighs, feeling foolish, and calls out "Spiders, if you are intelligent stop where you are and we will figure something out. If you continue to flee we will have to destroy you to protect the city."

WuJen is really not sure if he wants that to work.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:27 am

Chougou activated the duelist to protect himself/stop any more from leaving. ((We never really placed me anywhere specific, I had thought I would be controlling the drones from in the van, but otherwise I think I'm on the ground floor?))

Sent from Topic'it App
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:30 am

Initiative 10+1d6

Fuchou 复仇 carried out 1 launched of one d6 :
    Setting up home base - Page 9 6

Sent from Topic'it App
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:41 am

((initiative 12 +))

Torpor carried out 3 launched of one d6 :
    Setting up home base - Page 9 3 , Setting up home base - Page 9 2 , Setting up home base - Page 9 3
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:48 am

((Initiative roll: 18 + 3d6))
    RafV carried out 3 launched of one d6 :
    Setting up home base - Page 9 4 , Setting up home base - Page 9 3 , Setting up home base - Page 9 3
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:06 am

WuJen carried out 1 launched of one d6 :
    Setting up home base - Page 9 3
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:15 am

((I have Athletics 7, but my next question is can I run and fire at the same time? I know somewheres in there running is either a complex out simple action and during is a simple action so...))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:36 am

((@chougou - the duelist is on the first floor, you said you wanted to prevent the ghouls from leaving, which is where they are. The spiders came from the second floor. I assumed chougou was on the 1st floor because you never mentioned him staying in the van that I can remember. The rotodrone is on the roof, but since it can fly, it does not need to worry about stairs.

@Torpor - Yes, you can run and shoot at the same time. You get a +2 to your defense roll because you are a moving target, and a -2 to your shot because it's harder to do while you are running. Movement is not considered an action.))
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:54 am

Chougou is going to run to the van then with the duelist protecting him as he goes. If he makes it then he will hot sim into the drones and send out a Steel Lynx with an Ingram X gun attached.

Sent from Topic'it App
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:20 pm

Torpor says over comms as he starts to make his way down the stairs, "Wujen can you throw up a wall of force and block them in? I have narcojet rounds loaded up, I can try and take out as many as I can."

((I'm going to take my negative modifier to fire while running and split my dice between two targets, the two furthest from me, while trying to catch up but not overrun the spiders))

((Athletic check for running 7 to keep up))

Torpor carried out 7 launched of one d6 :
    Setting up home base - Page 9 6 , Setting up home base - Page 9 6 , Setting up home base - Page 9 3 , Setting up home base - Page 9 6 , Setting up home base - Page 9 2 , Setting up home base - Page 9 2 , Setting up home base - Page 9 1

((First Target fired at 9 dice))

Torpor carried out 9 launched of one d6 :
    Setting up home base - Page 9 4 , Setting up home base - Page 9 6 , Setting up home base - Page 9 5 , Setting up home base - Page 9 4 , Setting up home base - Page 9 2 , Setting up home base - Page 9 4 , Setting up home base - Page 9 5 , Setting up home base - Page 9 4 , Setting up home base - Page 9 1

((Second attack at second Target 9, should still be under for recoil))

Torpor carried out 9 launched of one d6 :
    Setting up home base - Page 9 6 , Setting up home base - Page 9 5 , Setting up home base - Page 9 3 , Setting up home base - Page 9 6 , Setting up home base - Page 9 1 , Setting up home base - Page 9 4 , Setting up home base - Page 9 2 , Setting up home base - Page 9 2 , Setting up home base - Page 9 5
    Valacan
    Valacan

Runner Dossier

Post by Valacan Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:06 pm

Ichigo will start chase after the spiders and recording.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:34 am

Sun climbs over the edge of the roof and starts decending, grabbing on a ridge on every floor, to slow down his drop, Cradle 2 The Grave-style

((Agility + athletics, for every floor below -- so edge between 2nd and 3rd, and the edge between 2nd and 1st floor. 2 rolls in total. GM, please correct me if I'm wrong. Not sure to use Gymnastics for this as well, so gonna roll without for now))

((First edge))
    RafV carried out 11 launched of one d6 :
    Setting up home base - Page 9 4 , Setting up home base - Page 9 2 , Setting up home base - Page 9 6 , Setting up home base - Page 9 3 , Setting up home base - Page 9 2 , Setting up home base - Page 9 6 , Setting up home base - Page 9 4 , Setting up home base - Page 9 3 , Setting up home base - Page 9 4 , Setting up home base - Page 9 3 , Setting up home base - Page 9 3

((Second edge))
    RafV carried out 11 launched of one d6 :
    Setting up home base - Page 9 1 , Setting up home base - Page 9 2 , Setting up home base - Page 9 1 , Setting up home base - Page 9 6 , Setting up home base - Page 9 6 , Setting up home base - Page 9 5 , Setting up home base - Page 9 4 , Setting up home base - Page 9 4 , Setting up home base - Page 9 2 , Setting up home base - Page 9 6 , Setting up home base - Page 9 4
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:36 am

((Oh gee... 2nd one probably is OK, but first one... I hope 2 hits is enough. Gonna use edge to roll failures on that one. Also, does WuJen's spell influence my Agility, or just my initiative?))
    RafV carried out 9 launched of one d6 :
    Setting up home base - Page 9 4 , Setting up home base - Page 9 6 , Setting up home base - Page 9 2 , Setting up home base - Page 9 6 , Setting up home base - Page 9 1 , Setting up home base - Page 9 5 , Setting up home base - Page 9 3 , Setting up home base - Page 9 4 , Setting up home base - Page 9 6
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:36 pm

Round 1, pass 1

Sun steps over the edge of the staircase and allows himself to fall, catching the next one down like an insane person.

Torpor on the other hand starts running down the stairs like a sane person as he fires over the rail at the spiders. ((No need to roll further, but assuming he keeps running for the entire combat round he will have made it down to the 2nd floor by the end of the combat round.)) The two shots strike two different spiders, knocking them out with their toxins. Luckily the pistol is silenced and doesn't immediately alert anyone outside.

Chougou runs out to his van as his duelist follows behind him. He ends up running past a couple of the massive spiders along the way and dives into his van, closing the door behind him. He then quickly plugs into his RCC and warms up his Steel Lynx drone. He will have to open up the van's back door to let it out though. Luckily the door has automatic controls. ((init goes up as he plugs into hot sim))

Ichigo also runs down the stairs, not quite as quickly as Torpor and definitely not as suicidally fast as Sun. His eyes begin recording.

Wujen quickly slams the 2nd floor door shut, hoping that the spiders aren't smart enough to use doorknobs as he shouts down to them. It is unclear whether they understand and ignore him or simply don't understand at all, but in either case they do not respond to his words in any noticeable way.

The spiders who are still on the stairs skitter down to the 1st floor while those on the floor make their way across the parking lot towards the street, swarming around Chougou's van. They haven't quite made it out to where people are walking yet, but are quickly approaching. The people below don't seem to have noticed the spiders yet...

Next round init
    19 - Chougou
    18 - Sun
    10 - Torpor
    4 - Ichigo
    1 - Wujen
    0 - Spiders (5)

Last edited by GameMaster on Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:07 am