Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.


    Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Share
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:10 pm

    At Crazy Carl's

    Carl pulls out a commlink and says,"So shall I let my client know that you are on your way?"
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 528
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 11/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:40 pm

    WuJen askes the group on Comms "We ready to go?  Anybody else have any questions?"



    "Sure, tell him we are on the way".
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:50 pm

    Crazy Carl claps his hands and says "Yeehaw! Easy money! I'll be right here with your pay when you get back in an hour or two at the most. Safe drivin' friends!"

    He then punches some buttons on his commlink. You notice that it does not have a screen at all and as he dials in buttons, the letters are audible. The commlink says, "T-H-E-Y A-R-E O-N T-H-E-I-R W-A-Y."

    A text reply comes back almost immediately. He pushes the text to audio button which says, "I await them eagerly," in a generic robotic voice.
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 243
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 7/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Torpor on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:17 pm

    Torpor nods to Wujen, "Let us go then. We should be all set. "
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 243
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 7/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Torpor on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:18 pm

    Torpor turns to Carl, "Can i get your info. We will let you know as soon as we are all done. Thank you. "
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:20 pm

    Carl says, "Sure thing!" and hits some buttons on his commlink, transmitting his contact info to Torpor. "The client should contact me when the job is done though."
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 243
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 7/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Torpor on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:22 pm

    Torpor, "I figured, thanks again. " and heads to the van.
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 528
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 11/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:27 pm

    "So how long is the trip out there, anyway?" WuJen says, checking the route on his commlink.

    "I was thinking maybe I could Conjure some help before we go, especially if there's some time to rest before we get into the more dangerous areas."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:32 pm

    According to your commlink, the route is not that far. About 45 minutes by car. The job should be done in no time.
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 528
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 11/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:59 pm

    WuJen says "Ok, looks like a little less than an hour there.  Hopefully we won't run into any trouble, but just in case I'll call up an Earth Elemental.  If we wind up having to make a fast get away his Movement power will come in handy, and his ability to inspire Fear could keep us from having to fight."

    Summoning (Earth Elemental Force 4, Optional Power: Fear)
    WuJen carried out 12 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , , ,

    Drain
    WuJen carried out 11 launched of one d6 (Image not informed.) :
    , , , , , , , , , ,
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 528
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 11/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:01 pm

    (ooc: man, do I push the bounds of probability at times.  )  affraid
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Valacan on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:19 pm

    Ichigo is reminiscing of his time in the military so he is a bit nervous. "Hey chougou you ok?"
    avatar
    Valacan

    Posts : 92
    Join date : 2018-08-01

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Ichigo Takahashi
    Physical Track: 10
    Stun Track: 10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Valacan on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:22 pm

    "WuJen you doing ok?"
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:26 pm

    ((not quite a glitch at least, and no drain so it's not all that bad, all things considered))

    Wujen easily summons up an earth spirit, a massive, intimidating boulder, "Very well, the mighty spirit Roll will provide you with two services this night. Let me know when you wish to take advantage of my services."
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 243
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 7/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Torpor on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:28 pm

    Torpor acknowledges your desire for magic backup. He takes the first colt agent out ejects a black clip and places it on the mechanical arm under his suit jacket then draws out a yellow striped one, checks the rounds and inserts it into the pistol then reholsters it. He then draws a second colt agent, this one with a silencer, ejects a blue striped clip,  checks the ammo within, then reinserts the clip and reholsters the second pistol.
    Almost as an afterthought he looks to the others,  "If you would like any custom work done on your weapons, let me know after and i can do it up for you. " He takes out the first pistol and shows you,  "This is Salt, she has some work done already. She has custom grips with gecko tape and melee hardening,  i will be doing some engraving on her next (the grips are white)" turning the gun over for you to see.
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 528
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 11/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:35 pm

    "Thank you Roll. If all goes well your time spent here will be leisurely indeed. If not, you will have opportunity to show your might. You may retire to your home and await my call or accompany us on this plane as you choose."

    WuJen climbs into the van, no worse for wear. " I'm fine. Communing with the fundamental building blocks of reality can be touch and go, but Roll seems amiable enough. If we run into trouble we will be happy to have him along, he can make this van perform like a Westwind, he hits like a ton of bricks, and has a knack for terrifying those who would oppose us."
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:39 pm

    Roll gives a grumble that sounds like a bag of rocks being shaken, then rolls off into the astral plane, presumably to return when needed.
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 243
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 7/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Torpor on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:43 pm

    Torpor nods,  "I hope we do not run afoul of the anything,  however i am ready if we do."
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 528
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 11/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:44 pm

    WuJen grins at Torpor and fishes a fragmentation grenade from one of his jackets large pockets. "This little lady is called Fireball. I only have the one but you would be surprised how well it works when you have magic fingers and the ability to put great big magic walls wherever you want."

    Digging into another pocket he brings out an old, but quite large revolver from the days before everything was linked with wireless drek. "I am told this is a Ruger Superwarhawk, though it doesn't look much like the ones you see in the catalogues today. I got it from a ganger buddy shortly after leaving home on the theory that everyone wants to geek the mage but no one likes looking down a pipe like this."
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 528
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 11/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:58 pm

    Once Roll rumbles off into the astral plane WuJen smiles conspiratorially at Little Dragon "Speaking of things that work amazingly well, I am not 8 years old anymore but you would be shocked at the pranks you can pull with Earth on your side. His ability to stick anything to anything and then make it all almost impossible to see... well... like I said, I'm not 8 anymore."
    avatar
    chougou

    Posts : 333
    Join date : 2018-05-04
    Age : 37
    Location : Reno, Nevada

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by chougou on Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:08 pm

    Chougou waits till everyone is in, pulls up the route and starts driving.

    ((is there any way to get a satellite view of the area or any other information about the meetup spot? He'd like to plan exits just in case...))
    avatar
    WuJen

    Posts : 528
    Join date : 2018-07-06

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 2/9
    Stun Track: 11/11

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by WuJen on Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:19 pm

    As they drive down the road, WuJen continues to try and keep the mood light for Ichigo, telling old amusing stories growing up with a pack of spirits as his best friends, when a thought strikes him.  Pulling up the Data Haven in his AR feed, he starts running searches for Brownies and other similar creatures, seeking a clue as to what could be living in Torpor's Toolbox.
    avatar
    GameMaster
    Admin

    Posts : 1011
    Join date : 2018-04-30
    Age : 35
    Location : Florida

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by GameMaster on Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:21 pm

    ((Not a live one, but you have a street map on your commlink. Btw is Chougou going to be rigging the van, driving it or setting it on autopilot?))


    Chougou starts the van and heads off on what is most certainly going to be a milkrun. You all take a look at your commlinks to check out the route. The most direct way is by taking a highway that runs through the barrens. Smaller streets could be taken, but it will most certainly double the driving time.

    The expected address appears to be a dead-end alley, deep within the Kita Barrens.
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 243
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 7/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Torpor on Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:29 pm

    Torpor chuckles at the grenade, "Remind me to stay on your good side. I like a little boom myself. He takes out at flash bang grenade from the folks of his suit jacket. Not so much fire but amazing at clearing a room. "
    avatar
    Torpor

    Posts : 243
    Join date : 2018-07-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Right behind you -->

    Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 7/10

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Torpor on Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:31 pm

    "We should stop when we enter the Barrens and you should drop a couple of the faster drones to keep overwatch as we travel. If you are comfortable with that. "

    Sponsored content

    Re: Mission 2b - Special Delivery

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:26 pm