Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

4 posters

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane

Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Emiko Amaterasu /PokaYoke
    Physical Track: 0/9
    Stun Track: 3/10

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 21 Empty Re: Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane

Post by Emiko Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:53 pm

"I know what you mean.  Who has time for pets, let alone exotic ones.  Like your friends, they even had to train theirs with a parazoologist.  What was his name? T.. Ta," Emiko feigns ignorance, trying to gauge Shachi's reaction.  She assenses him to see if he's holding back information or if he really doesn't know any of this.  

Assensing: 2 hits

"Taro Doubutsu," she snaps, "that's the guy.  Did you ever meet him when he trained the basilisk or any other pets of your friends?"  Emiko looks to the two girls and says, "I'm squeamish around some of these exotic pets.  I once came across a pair of some creatures that could have sliced me into tiny pieces.  It was the size of a bear but a cross between a canine and feline.  It was the color of fire too!  So, I like to stay safe.  Did you ever meet Mr. Kuba's basilisk?"

Emiko looks around the shop and then back at Shachi.  "Mr. Doumeki, we spoke to someone that was paralyzed by the basilisk... temporarily paralyzed, I should say.  It's gone.  Gone with whoever killed Mr. Kuba.  When you went to the house of Mr. Kuba, how did the basilisk act around you?  I'm wondering why the basilisk wouldn't paralyze someone attacking Mr. Kuba but paralyze someone non-threatening."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 21 Empty Re: Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane

Post by GameMaster Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:54 am

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 21 Shachi%20DoumekiShachi says, "The name sounds familiar, but I've never met the guy. Maybe one of my recently deceased buddies might have mentioned it at some point, but I don't remember exactly. I've definitely seen that basilisk though. Damned thing turned me into a statue. Most unpleasant thing I've ever felt. Don't know what you mean by paralyzing though. It can't do that. Unless you mean petrifying? Because it definitely did that. Would turn anyone who visited into a statue. Once it calmed down everyone would turn back, of course, but that didn't make it any less freaky."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:30 am

Genuinely curious, Emiko asks, ""what's the difference between being paralyzed and petrified? In both cases you can't move, right? Where's the differentiation?"

After the explanation, Emiko looks to Shachi and says, "there is one more thing I'd like to understand, if you don't mind. Many of the mages killed were performing rituals or into performing rituals; that's not out of the ordinary. What I'm curious is what the rituals were for. I'm very ignorant on the subject, so please pardon my intrusive question, but it may help our case. What ritual, or rituals, would you and your group gather to perform?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:57 pm

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 21 Shachi%20DoumekiShachi says, "In one case you can't move because your body doesn't want to do what you want it to do. In the other case, you can't move because your body is turned into a stone statue. It doesn't feel great turning into a statue, but once you turn, you don't really know what's going on around you until you turn back.

"The rituals we did weren't particularly unusual. Putting up astral wards. Experimenting with homonculi. Mostly it was just an excuse to get together and catch up on each others' lives. We did a lot more chatting than actual rituals."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Realizing she's not getting any information of real value, Emiko moves to wrap things up. "For that reason, I give my condolences. I'm sorry you have lost your friends. My friends," Emiko says while turning to Edison and Kin and back to Shachi, "and I are trying to find who is responsible for this. Please, if you think of anything that may seem the slightest importance, call me on my commlink."

Emiko turns to the girls, "Madouka, Homura, it doesn't seem you knew your grandfather's friends, but, for his safety, please call me if you think you know something that could help." She turns to Homura and adds, "or you can call me and talk about being ghosted by our mutual friend, Kitaro." Emiko finishes with a smile and a wink before turning to the door and walking away.

"Enjoy the rest of your day and be safe," she says while walking out.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kin
    Physical Track: 9/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Deadeye Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:23 pm

Kin starts to follow Emiko out and turns one last time toward the grizzled orc. Unable to control the volume of his voice due to the earplugs, he raises his voice a little and asks two final questions.

"Any idea why the blood of Hermatic mages like yourself would be in demand? Are you familiar with any rituals that might involve this blood?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:52 pm

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 21 Shachi%20DoumekiShachi shrugs and says to Kin, "Ain't nothing special about a hermetic mage's blood that I know of. Course blood magic ain't my thing, no matter what some folk might say. I ain't looking to hurt nobody. "

Homura takes a deep breath and heads into a back room when Emiko mentions Kitaro. Meanwhile Madouka looks irritated and says, "You see that asshole, you tell him that if I ever see his flakey ass around here, I'll turn him into a rat an feet him to the alley cats for ditching my sister without so much as a good bye!"
    Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 21 Madouka%20Doumeki
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kin
    Physical Track: 9/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Deadeye Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:37 pm

Kin thinks of one more thing to ask for Shachi.

"What do you know about shinigami?"
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:02 pm

Emiko turns back around,  surprised by the loud voice of Kin.

To Madouka (used to say Madonna) she replies, "I have a feeling we're not going to be seeing him again.  He ghosted everyone, myself included."

Last edited by Emiko on Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:26 am

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 21 Shachi%20DoumekiShachi raises an eyebrow and says to Kin, "Shinigami? They show up and take the dead to the next life. I mean, I guess I know as much as the average person. There something in particular you wanted to know about?"

Madouka says to Emiko, "Well, that's just great. Homura's been in a drek mood since he stopped returning her phone calls. If I knew where he was I'd slug him myself. Last time I try setting my sister up with someone..."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:08 am

Emiko says, “I’m really sorry, I didn’t mean to upset her. I was actually trying to be nice but, as you can see, I failed miserably. I recognized your sister from conversations with Kitaro. You know, he saved my life once. Some thugs cut my throat. I would have bled out and died but he called in help and paid for some of my medical expenses.”

Emiko pauses she continues, “still, it’s inexcusable that he just stopped calling Homura.”

“The real reason we are here is because someone out there is cutting necks and bleeding people out, people like your grandfather, and these people are not being saved. I should have stuck to that. Please tell your sister I am very sorry.  You have my number, you can call me any time and I promise not to ghost you.”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:40 am

Madouka says to Emiko, "Don't worry about it, it's not your fault. I can't blame you for his flakiness. If you need any potions, I'm always here. If you're feeling spendy, we might even be able to unlock some magic potential out of you."
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:59 am

Seeing that Kin is engaged with Shachi, Emiko pursues this new information from Madouka. "What? Unlock magic in me? No, I don't have magic in me. Do I?"

Emiko looks around the room, now with a different curiosity. "How would it work? How would you find the magic in me?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:24 am

Madouka says to Emiko, "Well, I don't want to get your hopes up. You don't have a lot of potential, but there is a spark. You are able to sense the waves of the astral plane, are you not? This requires magical potential. As for what is involved, you would need training, a lot of it, and a focus to draw out your power. There would also be an element of danger since your body is not exceptionally capable of magics. But no risk, no reward, right?"
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:21 pm

“Words I live by,” Emiko says with a chuckle. “And too late, hope is already up. When this investigation is over, I want to see what potential I have.”
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:59 pm

Emiko adds, "by the way, you mentioned about potions. I have a feeling I might run into a pretty powerful magic user and I'm worried they'll easily outmatch me. Do you have anything I can take that will make a magic user have more trouble controlling me?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:16 am

Madouka says to Emiko, "I do in fact have a potion that will increase your willpower for a brief period of time. Mostly I sell it as a weight loss drug as it grants one the willpower to resist temptation, but that increased willpower should resist mind control just as well. I will warn you that all potions do lose their potency relatively quickly, so I wouldn't expect one to function beyond a day or so unless you happen to have a vault of ages sitting around to preserve them."
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Edward Novikov
    Stun Track: 5/11

Post by Edison Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:20 am

Edison excuses himself as politely as possible and leaves the shop. With little brother in tow he has to his sedan and sends it back to his house. When he gets there he retrieves his Steyr, working all the parts and putting it back in its concealing holster. He messages Kin for the address of the next crime scene. When the info comes back he heads towards it with LB in the sedan.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:11 pm

"I think I understand. If I have a good idea that we'll be having a confrontation, I'll stop by here first. How much time do you need to prepare a potion?"

After the potion conversation, Emiko says to Madouka, "thank you for everything. Please, tell Homura I didn't mean anything bad and I am truly sorry for upsetting her."

She turns to the old ork and says, "Sir, you be careful. Someone, or someones, have an affinity for mage blood and they're not kind how they get it."

Emiko taps Kin on the shoulder and waves him out the door. She calls her car to the magic shop and waits for it to arrive. Once there, she directs her car to drive to the home of Isei Takata and meet Edison there.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:01 am

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 21 Shachi%20DoumekiMadouka says to Emiko, "Not much time at all. It only takes a few minutes to prepare a potion, though it does potentially take a bit out of me if I make them too strong. But don't worry about Homura. Like I said, she was in a mood already. You couldn't have known. She isn't upset at you, she just doesn't want to show how upset she really is and cause a scene. Easier to just be alone with her thoughts."

Shachi waves lazily at Emiko and says, "These old bones have seen enough years. I'm not too terribly concerned about them ending. I'll keep safe though."

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 21 Seichi Tomatsu
    Everyone heads out and makes their way to the next crime scene: the home of one Isei Takata. It's an apartment complex nestled in the heart of Denki-cho. Not high luxury, but certainly a few steps up from a coffin apartment. No one currently lives at the residence, but the front desk security lets you all up once you explain why you're there. Thus far the only person any of you had managed to contact regarding Isei was his friend Seichi who more or less blew off Emiko when she spoke to him last. Coincidentally, she notices him leaving the elevator as you are all about to head up. He doesn't seem to recognize her, or at least doesn't seem to show that he does as he walks off on his way.
    Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 21 Denkichoapartment
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:23 am

Tingling runs up Emiko's spine as Seichi walks past the group. Emiko, using her voice modulator, lowers her voice to barely audible so the two men next to her can only hear her. "I know that guy. He's a friend of Isei. I spoke to him and we were supposed to meet before he blew me off. I didn't trust him and I still don't. Edison, can you send LB to tail him so we can go into his apartment? We need to know if he comes back to the building."

Emiko takes out her deck and, in AR, logs into the matrix while running silent. She sets her deck to D8 S6 A4 F2 and looks for the building's directory. She's looking for Seichi's apartment number.

If she has to hack the information, she hacks on the fly while running silent.
    HotF: 7 hits
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:40 am

Edison sends an electronic communication to Little Brother.
    1. Follow Seichi
    2. Do not be seen
    3. Protect Seichi if he is in danger

After they leave Edison turns to the others and lets them know he is going to follow behind LB, in the sedan, incase of trouble.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:49 am

Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 21 Seichi Tomatsu
    Seichi's apartment is listed in the building directory which requires no particular hacking to access. His apartment is on the same floor as Isei's, just 2 doors down the hall.

Meanwhile LB follows Seichi down to the train station some 2-3 minutes away. As Seichi scans his commlink at the turnstile to pay his fare, it becomes quickly apparent that LB is going to have to do something drastic to keep following him as he doesn't have a way to get through the turnstile.
    Mission 6c - The blood of the arcane - Page 21 Denkichoapartment
    Edison
    Edison

Runner Dossier

Post by Edison Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:29 pm

Edison recalls LB instead of risking him. It wouldn't do for him to be caught with all that illegal hardware. After LB returns to the sedan they go to catch up with the others.
    Emiko
    Emiko

Runner Dossier

Post by Emiko Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:14 am

When Edison returns the trio, plus LB, go to the second floor; Emiko suggests they take the stairs.  They head to Isei’s apartment and enter. Emiko takes her deck, keeps the same settings, and finds a chair to sit in while she jacks into the matrix via hot sim. She tells the men, “give me a moment and then go see if you can get into Seichi’s apartment. Edison, have LB wait by the lobby and notify you if he comes back home.”

Once in the matrix, she searches for the building’s camera program. Taking a cue from her friend Sam, she works to put the camera on a continuous loop on the second floor.

Hack on the Fly: 3 hits

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:31 am