Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

5 posters

3A - To Heir is Human

winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

3A - To Heir is Human - Page 3 Empty Re: 3A - To Heir is Human

Post by winkingchef Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:27 am

The limousine glides up to his hotel.

Sato raps on the privacy divider and it immediately descends.  The driver makes eye contact via the rear-view mirror, his expression blank, but alert.

"We'll be going to the Aman hotel later today and we want to look good pulling up.  I have full confidence in your ability to make the Nightsky look more amazing than ever.  Also, we will need you to stay close.  We will leave a few bags in the back, but will be back for them later.  Is this something you can help us with?"

Inside his room, he prepares the two suits with 2 of the pins, gives one to Chougou ((Sato believes that a "tech guy" isn't convincing in a suit, but the pin helps)).

He prepares two pieces of luggage.  His small leather briefcase with titanium trim is mostly window-dressing - some nice quality office supplies from his current hotel room's desk, an expensive pen, a leather case for a commlink and his backup suit (where he attaches the 4th pin).  His designer duffel bag gets all the shady stuff - spirit knife, shock glove, grenades, narcojet pistol, etc.  He brushes off his Berwick suit and puts it on, covered with the matching overcoat.  He puts both of them in the back of the limousine.

On his way to the 5ECC, he makes a few calls to see if he can locate 4 gas grenades with Neurostun-XI.

3A - To Heir is Human - Page 3 Embed?X38931017
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:45 am

There is not a single one to be found on the black market. Seems the police have been extra cautious on shipments as they plan on using them for their operations to exterminate the local ghoul population.
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 2 / 10

Post by Torpor Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:34 pm

Torpor only takes one pistol with him, pepper. He loads it with the yellow clip (narcojet) and places it into his quick draw slide. He places an extra yellow and a blue clip in his pocket. He then dresses in the suit Sato provided for him, over his vest. He looks almost natural in the new clothes.
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:40 pm

Torpor checks with his arms dealer to see if he can get two grenades with neurostun xi.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:47 pm

Buki Daitenken has just as hard a time picking up the grenades. There is a shortage all around on crowd suppression weaponry. He says, "Sorry about that. We don't really stock those kinda things that much anyway. But, I CAN provide a wide selection of other types of grenades including fragmentation, flash-bang, smoke and thermal smoke. I also have a brand new douser grenade. Fresh on the street, this baby can short out the firewalls of any gear within range, at least for as long as it takes to reset the thing anyway. Makes getting a foothold into real tough matrix systems a bit more manageable if you get in before they shut down. Even if you can't, the reboot can be useful in and of itself. Doesn't do anything to people except maybe technomancers, so the only thing that would alert people nearby that it went off is the alerts on their AR. I've got three models with varying strengths if you're interested. The zapper goes for 300 nuyen, the thundershock goes for 400 and big bertha goes for 500 nuyen."

((ratings 6, 8 and 10 respectively))
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:06 pm

"Sato, I cannot get the gas grenades either, but I can get fragmentation, flash-bang, smoke and thermal smoke, also a brand new douser grenade. Fresh on the street, this baby can short out the firewalls of any gear within range, at least for as long as it takes to reset the thing anyway. Makes getting a foothold into real tough matrix systems a bit more manageable if you get in before they shut down. Even if you can't, the reboot can be useful in and of itself. Doesn't do anything to people except maybe technomancers, so the only thing that would alert people nearby that it went off is the alerts on their AR. There are 3 strengths of you are interested."
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:15 am

Sato takes the call from the expansive veranda outside his penthouse.  He paces back and forth as he considers Topor's suggestions, watching the sky - an old nervous habit.

"I have 3 pepper punch grenades ((from chargen)), but it may be useful to have a few smoke and flashbang grenades as other options, especially if he has detonators that we could rig for timed or remote trigger.  They could make good distractions."

"The other type sound fascinating and should be very helpful.  Let's get as many as we can, including one big one and several of the small ones.  Do they have the technical specs?  We should send them to Sam and Chougou for their view."

"I've got about 2,000Y so I can contribute some to this fund."
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:17 am

Sato remembers what is making him nervous - he calls Carl to ask in a roundabout way about his health and safety.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:52 pm

Carl's answering machine picks up, "Howdy ya'll. This is Crazy Carl of Crazy Carl's Used Coffin Emporium. Thanks fer callin, but I cain't right get to the phone right now. If this is a coffin emergency, stop by the shop and either me or my staff'll be sure tae assist ya. Otherwise leave a message and I'll get right back to ya in two shakes of a cow's tail."
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:58 pm

((Does Sato know what our team has ‘discovered’ relative to the cure?))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:04 pm

((Ichigo has the formula, but he hasn't really done any work on it yet.))
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:47 pm

Torpor tells his contact he would like 3 flash bang, 3 smoke, 5 of this new ones at base level, and 1 at it's highest."
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:47 pm

((Shit, I like Carl. I’m going to presume that Ichigo informed him of the discovery of the cure, as that’s a pretty momentous event. I’m also going to assume that Sato has Sam’s Satphone number since they are friends))

Sato calls Sam’s Satphone : “Hey Sam, is Ichigo with you? We are seeing lots of signs of a pretty severe crackdown on the ghouls and I can’t reach Carl. Can you have Ichigo call me back when he can? I think we need to do something about this quickly, especially since we have a chance to really help some people.”
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:01 pm

Buki says, "Alright, let's see... 300 for the flashbangs, 120 for the smokes 1500 for the zappers and 500 for Big Bertha. 2,420 total. Wire it to me and I'll have a drone drop them off wherever you like. And as always, if you get caught with these things, you have no idea where you got them."

((you guys (I think Wujen specifically) mentioned the cure to Carl when you dropped off the other ghouls, but he didn't particularly believe you about it))
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:30 pm

Torpor tells Buki, "Of course, thank you, you can send it to the community center." Then wires him the 2420¥.
    To Sato he says,"Your share of you want to split the bill is 1200¥ if you want to use all of for the run the whole bill is 2420¥ but I wouldn't mind sticking some of these in my arsenal, just not sure I need half. I would take a flash bang, a smoke and one of the small zappers, leaving the rest at 1980¥. I already sent the order over, just give me what ever you wish to cover.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:29 pm

Chougou reviews his trap designs that he has made before, but he's only ever thought of them and never had much use for them except for catching rats that he would humanely release.

DNI Torpor and Sato:
    "These grenades look good, depending on what you'd like to do with them. What's the plan for traps? Do you want to be able to deploy them yourselves, like if you're being pursued? Do you want to wire doors to blow when they're opened? I've got a lot of ideas, but I can design some pretty specific things. Just think of any situation and I probably have a design that I've drawn for it...I've never built them before though except for models...but I will make the best quality ones that I can."

Working on the drawings and schematics takes Chougou's mind of his terror, but it really is just masking it. He's still unnerved.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:46 am

Ichigo apparently is handed Sam's commlink. He says, "This is Ichigo."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:47 am

Meanwhile Buki says, "I'll send them right away. You should be getting them in a couple of hours so long as the drone isn't intercepted by law enforcement or worse."
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:33 pm

chougou wrote:DNI Torpor and Sato:
    "These grenades look good, depending on what you'd like to do with them. What's the plan for traps? Do you want to be able to deploy them yourselves, like if you're being pursued? Do you want to wire doors to blow when they're opened? I've got a lot of ideas, but I can design some pretty specific things. Just think of any situation and I probably have a design that I've drawn for it...I've never built them before though except for models...but I will make the best quality ones that I can."

Working on the drawings and schematics takes Chougou's mind off of his terror, but it really is just masking it. He's still unnerved.

Sato messages back via DNI :

"Yes, that plan sounds great.  I suspect we will want some way to remotely trigger them, but without leaving an active wireless signal.  Can you rig a wireless detonator that only activates the device within a very narrow window of time?  That way we could position them a few nights in advance, but only have the triggers visible on the matrix over the course of the 10 minutes that we are performing our operation."

"Also, I'm worried the police crackdown has reached Carl - if he and the researchers we saved are hiding in the sewers, the storm will be very dangerous for them.  I posted an idea on our group chat but we won't have much time to execute it."

"I'm heading to Carl's to see what's up.  Let's chat on the way."

Sato strides out of his hotel with his duffel bag and briefcase.  He instructs his driver to take him to Carl's but not go in.  He asks him to do a drive by at a safe distance to see if anything is out of the ordinary from the outside.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:15 am

Chougou attempts to build the type of device that Sato has requested (assuming he has the materials) or at least a prototype that could be made into the real thing once the explosives are in it.

(5) Build/Repair (5) Logic (mechanical trap knowledge of 2)
    Fuchou 复仇 carried out 10 launched of one d6 :
    3A - To Heir is Human - Page 3 5 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 3 1 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 3 2 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 3 4 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 3 4 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 3 3 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 3 6 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 3 1 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 3 6 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 3 6
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:17 am

((Just saw that I get a +1 for engineering tests, if that was the appropriate roll of course))

Fuchou 复仇 carried out 1 launched of one d6 :
    3A - To Heir is Human - Page 3 4
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:03 pm

((the others are a couple of hours away and currently standing in front of a big magical deathtrap. They're a little preoccupied at the moment Wink If you're going to go check on Carl, you'll have to do it with the people in this thread.))

Chougou is pretty sure he can rig up something if he has the right kind of detonator. He would essentially just put an activation timer on a wireless detonator to turn the wireless on/off. Though they are cheap, those things are regulated, so he'd need someone to get one for him if none of you happen to have one handy.

((availability 10R. either Sato needs to shop around for one with his negotiation skills or someone needs a contact who specializes in explosives. 75 nuyen for the detonator. Chougou's roll is enough to handle the modification.))
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:06 pm

"How about rfid tags. Everything uses them, and it gives them wireless technically. Would that work as remote sensor?
    If not I could try Buki again, perhaps."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:26 pm

Chougou knows they won't work as a detonator. RFID tags are essentially fancy digital barcodes. They emit signals to readers, but cannot receive them, which is what would be necessary to trigger a bomb.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:42 am

Chougou sends a message to his contact Buki Daitenken the arms dealer (connection 1, loyalty 1) to see if he has any detonators of the type he needs. ((is there a roll for that?))

Chougou also sends a message to Sam ((for wherever they our concurrent to our timeline)) asking if he can get plans for the building from wherever he gets them on the matrix, specifically the electrical systems and physical layout. Plumbing if they have such things too...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:28 am