Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

5 posters

3A - To Heir is Human

Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

3A - To Heir is Human - Page 16 Empty Re: 3A - To Heir is Human

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:50 pm

Chougou dangles
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 2 / 10

Post by Torpor Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:21 pm

Torpor finished the climb into the helicopter then pulls up Chougou. Over comms he says, "Just get us someplace safe, if we can get back to the community center we have some facilities, we should be able to stabilize him until Ichigo can get to him."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:40 pm

Tammy says, "That place is below the storm. Won't be any safer getting there than it would to get to a hospital. I'll land us someplace, but whatever gets done, we're probably it."

She picks a building with a helipad above the storm and lands, but Chougou looks terrible. Blood is everywhere as his wounds have opened up from falling and transport. His breathing is shallow and his skin is pale and clammy. It's pretty clear if he doesn't have something done right now he's going to bleed out.
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:39 pm

((is the first aid kit usable on him again? Or are we out of options more it less. It's a level 3 kit and I've used it what twice? Once. Should still have a use left, if we can at least stabilize him))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:53 pm

((yep, you can use it again. It needs to be restocked every Rating uses))
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:17 pm

Chougou bleeds with a vacant look on his face
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:00 pm

Once in a stable location Torpor places the medkit on Chougou and sets it up to stabilize him.
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:03 pm

((Torpor rolls biotech 9 dice total.))

# 1
    Details:[9d6c[>4] (6 3 1 1 4 3 4 4 4)]

((Is that enough to stabilize him?))
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:07 pm

I think Chougou feels the life escaping his body... Laughing But he holds on as best he can.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:40 pm

((you need 3 hits. If either of ya'll has edge left to use, you can use it to reroll those failures))
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:08 pm

((Torpor uses his last available edge to reroll failures))

# 5
    Details:[8d6c[>4] (5 5 6 4 1 6 5 1)]
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:34 pm

Torpor is far from a doctor, but he manages to stabilize Chougou none the less. Chougou will be needing a few days of recovery, but should survive so long as he doesn't get hit by anything else. After the treatment he is conscious but so weakened he can't do anything but talk, and even that is a strain.

"Welcome back to the land of the living," Tammy says, "Look boys, this storm is pretty bad news. I basically can't land anywhere so we'll just have to hunker down on this roof and hope no one decides to come out and give us a hard time until after it's over. If I try to go down in that mess, we're probably going to die."

With Chougou injured and no real pressing need to go out into the storm, you all spend the night in the chopper and take off in the morning once the storm has passed. While you are biding your time, you decide to take a look at the stuff you gathered. Tammy takes one look at the assorted guns and commlinks that Torpor has gathered and says, "Son, tell me you didn't steal those from security. You do realize those things send out a signal to the matrix and alert the company where to find you, right? You must have had guards following your every move with these. No wonder there was so much heat when ya'll got to the roof. They've probably given the codes to the cops to come find us. Luckily the cops ain't going chasing after anyone during this storm, but unless you wanna find squad cars waiting outside yer little base, I'd toss those things right now."

Meanwhile, the credstick appears to have a DNA lock on it. You all decide to hang onto it until a hacker can disable the locks on it for now.

The next thing you take a look at is the letter, which appears to be addressed to Sato. Confused by this, Sato snatches the letter and reads it to himself before folding it carefully and placing it in his pocket. He then asks to see the credstick for a moment, which curiously unlocks with Sato's DNA and contains 120,000 nuyen. He pinches the bridge of his nose for a moment and curses then transfers 40,000 to both Chougou and Torpor's accounts. "Thank you both for your aid in this task. You have both more than earned your pay tonight. I wish to be alone with my thoughts tonight, if you do not mind."

All that remains of what you all looted is the sword. It is a large ōdachi, easily over a meter long, making it difficult to draw quickly, but providing extra reach over a typical katana. The blade and guard are engraved with various hunting dogs while the pommel is shaped liked the head of a fierce guard dog.
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:51 pm

Torpor dumps the commlink and guns over water at some point on he way home. Unless Sato wants the sword maybe it will look good over there mantle for now, get it checked out by WuJen. He leaves Sato to his thoughts and checks on Chougou.
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:57 pm

During the down time Torpor spends some time chatting with Tammy in case Chougou isn't around and he needs a lift somewhere. ((Attempting to work on her as a contact))
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:08 am

Chougou thanks Tammi for her help and Torpor for saving his life. I'm not sure that he would remember anything, but I'm sure he was informed. He rests and follows whatever doctor's orders are given to him. He checks in with Sato whenever it's appropriate.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:10 pm

Happy to see Chougou will be surviving the night, Tammy gives her contact info to Torpor ((loyalty 1, connection 2)). The storm eventually passes sometime around dawn and she drops you all off at the community center. It seems much of the city lost power during the storm, but workers are already out clearing debris and restoring power lines.

When Chougou eventually talks to Sato, he says, "Though I did not know it until now, the target we assassinated was my father. Our family has a deep curse within it. A creature known as an inugami has served us for generations. It brings great prosperity to my family, but it is a bloodthirsty creature that is impossible to fully control. Our inugami was done with my father and had slowly been transferring its power to me over the years. However, the only way to complete that transferal is through the death of the current head of the family.

"Thanks to Inugami, my fathers' businesses have long been quite successful. However, in recent years they have all begun to rapidly fail, a sign of Inugami's waning favor. Father took what was left of his fortune and brought it here to bestow to me because he knew his death was nigh. Neither of us knew that I would be the source of that death...

"The knife I have here is filled with the power that was once bestowed upon my father. It will bring me great fortune but also make me a great liability. I need some time to process this, so you will forgive me if I take my leave from the group for the time being. I may return, but for now I think it is best I be alone for the time being. Thank you again for your aid in this quest. I will continue to invest in the community center at least."
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:33 am

Chougou eeks out as best he can his condolences for his father and wishes Sato well, hoping with him that he can find peace.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:18 pm

Sato bids the two of you farewell and calls for his limo. He takes a deep drag from a cigarette as it pulls up, then tosses it skittering across the damp pavement. As he opens the door, he turns around and says, "Tell the others I'll see them around alright?"

He then hops into the limo and rides off into the sunrise.

((anything you guys plan on doing, let me know in Discord. Then make an IC post in the downtime thread that I will start soon. Be sure to check the karma thread for your rewards if you haven't already))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:38 pm