Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

5 posters

3A - To Heir is Human

Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 2 / 10

3A - To Heir is Human - Page 2 Empty Re: 3A - To Heir is Human

Post by Torpor Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:57 pm

I do a Google search for Victorian aeronautics and look for pictures to see what I can get for images of I'd badges perhaps and any pins they may have.
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:59 pm

((default perception for Google search, computer to logic 4-1 but I get +2 perception in the matrix right?))

Torpor carried out 5 launched of one d6 :
    3A - To Heir is Human - Page 2 5 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 2 2 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 2 5 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 2 5 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 2 5
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Post by GameMaster Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:18 pm

There are no badge images online, but it doesn't take much to find a logo for the company:

3A - To Heir is Human - Page 2 2rolr37
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:44 pm

((that was my first attempt at searching using my persona, and I didn't blow up?))
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:47 pm

Torpor combines the image and the information like we have on the badges from the hq. "We need aliases, can we get an employee list from online perhaps, Chougou?"
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:49 pm

((is looking for images of like pr pictures of maybe lab tech or such that maybe were wearing a badge so we could zoom in and get a general idea of what the badges look like, not specifically as badge online))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:54 pm

((can't find anything that would be clear enough to be useful))
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:46 pm

"I do not suppose we got Sam to unlock that PC over there, did we? We need to find a way to print out these badges after we get some names of employees for VA, that way if anyone checks at least the names will coincide, no?"
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by winkingchef Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:51 pm

"I suspect they will need a SIN to check in, so we will need to give them our fakes.  I don't think we can afford a new one.  Probably best to say we are new local employees hired to smooth over the cultural aspects of a new negotiation for this corp."

((I'm picturing an innocuous stylized lapel pin - kind of like the flag American politicians wear on their lapels))
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:32 pm

((o I know what you meant, I was thinking past that though.))

((What would I roll to try and make a lapel pin? I'm not sure I have what we need for that. B/R something. I have a 1 plus 4. So 5 dice, that's not terrible I guess,))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:50 pm

As you consider the logistics of making lapel pins, you realize that given that you don't really have the setup for making lapel pins and you presumably don't want to spend a few days essentially carving them out of scrap metal or whatever material you choose to make them from, it would probably be quicker and easier to see if you can pin through other means. There is an airport and research facility in the city owned by Victorian Aeronautics.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:29 am

Chougou will try his best to probe around for weaknesses in the VA system, looking for a basic way to add a webpage ((matrixpage??)) to their public server. Specifically seeing if he can find out the company that does the design, and then spoofing an email coming from their contact ((if knowable)) or at least the same domain asking them to add a page detailing their new executive.

Computer 4 + Logic 5

Fuchou 复仇 carried out 9 launched of one d6 :
    3A - To Heir is Human - Page 2 2 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 2 4 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 2 5 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 2 3 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 2 6 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 2 4 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 2 3 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 2 3 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 2 3
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:44 am

Sato looks into nice restaurants very nearby the airport or the research facility where VA execs would probably duck out to have a nice lunch.  If necessary, he asks his hotel's VIP concierge to book a lunch reservation for him and his "bodyguard" Torpor.

His plan is to palm a pin or two from people who have their suit jackets draped over the back of their chairs.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:53 pm

Choughou is taking a look at the host and immediately realizes that, since it is the host for an airport and therefor filled with critical systems, the security on it is very high. With his skills, it will take some luck to get through...

((You can use edge to reroll your failures, or the system will be alerted by your intrusion. Also when hacking, let me know what your Attack, Sleaze, Data processing and Firewall stats currently are, as well as whether you are going in AR, VR cold sim or VR hot sim. Note that you get an additional 2 dice to all matrix actions when going hot sim, but it's addictive and risky if you get hit with attacks))

Sato meanwhile looks for nice restaurants near the airport and quickly realizes there are none. Nice restaurants are something you find higher up the mountain. People who work at the airport mostly eat at the airport, either in the employee cafeteria or at one of the many eating establishments throughout the airport. None of them are particularly great. As he is wandering around the airport, he does see that there are gift shops there that sell pins similar to what Sato has in mind for 5 nuyen.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:46 am

((Ok so my ASDF is 4 3 3 1 by default and if I remember right I can move them around but only up to my limit of something...is it logic? I have a logic of 5, and I would like to be as defensive as possible so would 2 4 1 3 be a good combination for that? I am thinking that vr would be safest, so I'll just re-roll the failures and burn a point of edge))

Re-roll failures:
    Fuchou 复仇 carried out 7 launched of one d6 :
    3A - To Heir is Human - Page 2 6 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 2 4 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 2 3 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 2 6 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 2 3 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 2 4 , 3A - To Heir is Human - Page 2 1
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:07 am

Sato examines the pins.  Are they too tacky for a businessman to wear?  Will they stand up to sustained inspection?  What about a quick glance?  Before he leaves, he snaps a few photos of the terminal, making sure to take a few of the executive lounge entrance.  

((Chougou, hacking an airport is a big enterprise and I don't want to lose you too early.  I'll have Sato propose an alternate idea))

The jet black limousine silently slides to a halt at the airport arrivals curb.  Its freshly-applied coat of wax is so perfect that the car appears to be made of liquid rather than metal.  The door hisses open just in time for Sato to stride up and duck into the back seat.  He opens DNI messaging to the group.

"I have the pins and will start concocting a scheme.  We'll be home in 30 minutes and will be ready to go on arrival.  I recommend we bring all of our stuff with us, but leave most of the shady stuff in the car under the watchful eye of my driver."

"Chougou, airports are no mean feat in the real and I'm sure their Matrix-Sec is no less.  It may be wiser to concoct an 'airplane buff fansite' which prides itself on photographs of aircraft.  You could make a bunch of blog posts about planes but have one blog post about a trip to the VA terminal at the Mingmei airport with a few candid shots of the terminal and executive office sections with our disguised forms (with pins) in the background.  They should trigger on a facial recognition search if they try to track us down."

Sato attaches the pictures he took to help with the source material.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:52 am

((when you boot up your deck, you can set them all however you like. While in the matrix, you can swap two stats as a free action. The numbers themselves can't be changed, just where you put them. so if you have it as 4 3 3 1, you can change it to 3 4 1 3 when you boot up, and while you're doing your thing, you can swap two like 3 4 3 1 as a free action, for example. There is no limit beyond your actions))

Chougou manages to slip in by the skin of his teeth and set up a fake e-mail account and profile page in the employees section. For now the system does not seem to have noticed his actions. He's pretty sure if he keeps mucking around, he'll get caught sooner or later though.

Meanwhile Sato examines the pins. They are typical pins with the company logo on it. There is really nothing about them that would be given away by looking at them for any amount of time since they are official logo pins. They are as tacky (or not tacky) as the little flag lapel pins that politicians wear. It's not an ID badge or anything, but it's better than nothing.

Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:26 pm

"Sato, can you get an image of an employee badge that we could make a copy of and print out to use? Just make a fake badge that looks like one so if questioned we have ids"

((Do I need a commlink to chat with the party, or can I do that through the resonance? It says I don't need one to go online but I'm taking about sending messages to the party))
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:01 pm

((Torpor: I think officially all you need are a data jack or trodes, which can be worked into headwear.  Sato solves this problem by wearing a smart wig with trodes installed))
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:33 pm

(( no. i just need any device that has wireless to get anywhere, but I'm taking about to chat with you guys via commlink, if I don't need storage at do I need a commlink to communicate with your commlink))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:10 pm

((now that you are a technomancer, you can pretty much do any matrix action anywhere that there is a wireless connection to the matrix, including communication. You only need a datajack if you are making a wired connection to something.

As for making an id/security badge, you need the forgery skill and at least a forgery tool kit. If you have both of those things, you can make a badge))
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier

Post by Torpor Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:58 pm

((great now I need a cool persona, I'm no ballzdeep. Anyone got any ideas? Lol))
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier

Post by winkingchef Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:52 pm

((Oh I had completely forgotten you were a technobullshitter - you need to take Jack of All Trades and get your compiling skill up so you can compile Machine Sprites to boost your fun to ridiculous levels - look it up))
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:50 am

Chougou escapes the machine as quick as possible and reports that there is an email account and a simple webpage detailing Sato with whatever name he had wanted.

((GOD can't get me anymore when I'm out, right? Is there a cleaner action that I should do?))

Sent from Topic'it App
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:09 am

((once you've jacked out and rebooted your machine, you're safe so long as people don't have your commcode))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:05 am