Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

+4
Torpor
Fuchou 复仇
Sam Dekker
GameMaster
8 posters

Where is everyone going?

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Where is everyone going? - Page 4 Empty Re: Where is everyone going?

Post by GameMaster Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:19 am

I would agree.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by WuJen Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:26 am

Temple Priest guy wrote: "There are many real threats to the people of our world, but the jiangshi are a myth; stories told by frightened peasants who did not know what they were seeing at night. They were merely the bodies of the dead being transported at night to their hometowns at night. The bodies would be arranged upright and tied to two long bamboo rods, which would be supported and carried by two men at either end. To the untrained eye, as the bamboo flexed up and down, the remains would appear to be hopping. I do not know who has been feeding you these stories, but there is no truth in them. I am afraid I cannot allow access to our protected trees for such a request."

Anyone else kinda want to catch the thing and leave it on his front lawn?
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sun Dashou
    Physical Track: 0/12
    Stun Track: 6/14

Post by RafV Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:19 am

WuJen wrote:
    Temple Priest guy wrote: "There are many real threats to the people of our world, but the jiangshi are a myth; stories told by frightened peasants who did not know what they were seeing at night. They were merely the bodies of the dead being transported at night to their hometowns at night. The bodies would be arranged upright and tied to two long bamboo rods, which would be supported and carried by two men at either end. To the untrained eye, as the bamboo flexed up and down, the remains would appear to be hopping. I do not know who has been feeding you these stories, but there is no truth in them. I am afraid I cannot allow access to our protected trees for such a request."

Now there's Halloween decoration for ya!
    Torpor
    Torpor

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Torpor
    Physical Track: 0 / 10
    Stun Track: 2 / 10

Post by Torpor Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:07 am

Sun , the accuracy of a melee weapon is the same as for a gun. It affects your total successes or limit. As far as i understand it. So you roll your skill+stat+bonuses if it had an accuracy of 6 it limits your net? Successes. Still foggy on that part.

So if you get 7 successes and they get 4 successes on dodge is it 3 total or is it capped to 6 then they get 4 so you get 2 total.

Then they get to soak the damage with armor vs total damage done.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:12 am

That's not entirely clear, yep. The book tends to be vague on some parts, including this. Another part that it's vague on, is damage type switching. It only says that when you use a blade and want to do stun damage instead of physical, you need to do a called shot. In the list of called shots, there's only one that's even remotely related, which splits damage between physical and stun. The explanation and workings are mainly for bullets, though. The entire explanation makes no sense for blunt weapons like a staff. Super, super vague stuff, so either I'm not reading it right, there are rules that aren't written in the book (like the adding successes to your damage thing), or it's up to GM discretion.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:21 am

In the same area of the book the called shots are mentioned, there's also something called "multiple attacks" (p.196), which answers a previous question. If I want to do two attacks in one action phase, I basically split my successes between both attacks.

Was planning on doing that, but with a success limit of 6 (due to the staff's accuracy), max. 3 successes per attack are kinda sad against someone with armor and defense rolls Laughing

It seems super useful when fighting together with Sato against enemies with no armor, though. I can split it up to half my combat skill, so when unarmed, it's 4 attacks in 1 phase. Unarmed, my limit is 9, so 9/4 is 2 hits per attack, each one for 10 damage, that's a whopping 40P damage in one attack round. That is, if Sato can make sure there's no defense rolls from the enemy and I get at least 8 successes.
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by winkingchef Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:27 am

We actually have that option. We could prepare a coffin with the sigils the professor gave us and use the ofuda to stun it long enough to put it inside, then tote the coffin here and make it the cunty priest’s problem.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:01 am

Accuracy actually limits your total hits, not your net hits. So if you had some really crappy weapon with an accuracy of 1, or example, you would probably not hit anything that got any kind of chance to avoid it.

As for dealing stun vs physical, it depends on the weapon and if the target is wearing armor and everything you need to know is of course not detailed in the called shots section, despite it being a called shot because the book is in desperate need of an editor.

If the target is wearing armor and/or you are using some kind of club as a weapon, great! You do a called shot and the damage is stun. Like all called shots, you just take a -4 to your attack roll, use a free action and you're good.

If, however, you are using a blade and the target is not wearing armor (which isn't the case for you but I am including for sake of completeness), then you have to smack them with the pommel of your blade instead of aiming at their armor. This means you lose all reach with the weapon and the accuracy goes down to 3. In standard SR you would be using the club skill for that instead of blades, but here you use your usual close combat (or if you happen to have the clubs specialization, you can use that).
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:23 am

winkingchef wrote:

We actually have that option.  We could prepare a coffin with the sigils the professor gave us and use the ofuda to stun it long enough to put it inside, then tote the coffin here and make it the cunty priest’s problem.

lol. Yes you do have that option. Though the poorer among you may want to consider that Rosa isn't paying much and she suggested that you could probably collect a bounty from the police if you turned in the "serial killer". No one has checked to see what that bounty is yet though.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:27 am

GameMaster wrote:Accuracy actually limits your total hits, not your net hits. So if you had some really crappy weapon with an accuracy of 1, or example, you would probably not hit anything that got any kind of chance to avoid it.

As for dealing stun vs physical, it depends on the weapon and if the target is wearing armor and everything you need to know is of course not detailed in the called shots section, despite it being a called shot because the book is in desperate need of an editor.

If the target is wearing armor and/or you are using some kind of club as a weapon, great! You do a called shot and the damage is stun. Like all called shots, you just take a -4 to your attack roll, use a free action and you're good.

If, however, you are using a blade and the target is not wearing armor (which isn't the case for you but I am including for sake of completeness), then you have to smack them with the pommel of your blade instead of aiming at their armor. This means you lose all reach with the weapon and the accuracy goes down to 3. In standard SR you would be using the club skill for that instead of blades, but here you use your usual close combat (or if you happen to have the clubs specialization, you can use that).
    In my case, that would result in a dice pool of 4, right? Close combat: +6, Charging: +2, Stun instead of phys: -4.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:30 am

GameMaster wrote:
    winkingchef wrote:

We actually have that option.  We could prepare a coffin with the sigils the professor gave us and use the ofuda to stun it long enough to put it inside, then tote the coffin here and make it the cunty priest’s problem.

lol. Yes you do have that option. Though the poorer among you may want to consider that Rosa isn't paying much and she suggested that you could probably collect a bounty from the police if you turned in the "serial killer". No one has checked to see what that bounty is yet though.

I'm just saying...

Us:  We have the kind of supernatural threat that priests like yourself are supposed to be dealing with.  We need a small piece of a tree you keep here to deal with that.
    Priest:  Nonsense.  Even though I am, or work with, magic using priests every day, I'm telling you these things don't exist.
    Us....
    The Next Morning, Us:Hey, Mr. Priest, you want us to just leave this here, or you want to go ahead and get us a piece of that tree now...
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:32 am

RafV wrote:In the same area of the book the called shots are mentioned, there's also something called "multiple attacks" (p.196), which answers a previous question. If I want to do two attacks in one action phase, I basically split my successes between both attacks.

Was planning on doing that, but with a success limit of 6 (due to the staff's accuracy), max. 3 successes per attack are kinda sad against someone with armor and defense rolls Laughing

It seems super useful when fighting together with Sato against enemies with no armor, though. I can split it up to half my combat skill, so when unarmed, it's 4 attacks in 1 phase. Unarmed, my limit is 9, so 9/4 is 2 hits per attack, each one for 10 damage, that's a whopping 40P damage in one attack round. That is, if Sato can make sure there's no defense rolls from the enemy and I get at least 8 successes.

The accuracy is per attack actually, and that would be 2 separate attacks. So if you have a crapton of dice and your accuracy is going to penalize you, multiple attacks is a good option. Note it takes a free action, just like called shot. Since melee attacks are a complex action, you would only be able to do one free action, so you can't do both at the same time.

As for throwing out 4 attacks at a time, the only way you can make sure there is no defense roll at all is for them to be unaware, unconscious or otherwise disabled, at which point you don't really need to be attacking them.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:33 am

WuJen wrote:
    GameMaster wrote:
    winkingchef wrote:

I'm just saying...

Us:  We have the kind of supernatural threat that priests like yourself are supposed to be dealing with.  We need a small piece of a tree you keep here to deal with that.
    Priest:  Nonsense.  Even though I am, or work with, magic using priests every day, I'm telling you these things don't exist.
    Us....
    The Next Morning, Us:Hey, Mr. Priest, you want us to just leave this here, or you want to go ahead and get us a piece of that tree now...

Oh, I get it. It would be hilarious, just making sure you guys aren't ignoring possible sources of income Razz
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:34 am

GameMaster wrote:
    RafV wrote:In the same area of the book the called shots are mentioned, there's also something called "multiple attacks" (p.196), which answers a previous question. If I want to do two attacks in one action phase, I basically split my successes between both attacks.

The accuracy is per attack actually, and that would be 2 separate attacks. So if you have a crapton of dice and your accuracy is going to penalize you, multiple attacks is a good option. Note it takes a free action, just like called shot. Since melee attacks are a complex action, you would only be able to do one free action, so you can't do both at the same time.  

As for throwing out 4 attacks at a time, the only way you can make sure there is no defense roll at all is for them to be unaware, unconscious or otherwise disabled, at which point you don't really need to be attacking them.
    Oops, yeah. That would go against the Code of the Warrior part affraid
    winkingchef
    winkingchef

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Satō
    Physical Track: 0/10

Post by winkingchef Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:39 am

RafV wrote:In my case, that would result in a dice pool of 4, right? Close combat: +6, Charging: +2, Stun instead of phys: -4.

+your AGI because that's tied to the skill. With AGI 5 it would be 9 then.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend pulling your punches in a mechanical sense. She will probably avoid with REA+INT which will be high if she's a nimble slitch, and she can add her WIL if she goes full defenses (or something else like AGI if she has a quality like Agile Defender).

If she wins or ties, you miss.

After that, she resists with armor
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:39 am

RafV wrote:
    GameMaster wrote:Accuracy actually limits your total hits, not your net hits. So if you had some really crappy weapon with an accuracy of 1, or example, you would probably not hit anything that got any kind of chance to avoid it.

In my case, that would result in a dice pool of 4, right? Close combat: +6, Charging: +2, Stun instead of phys: -4.

Let's see... close combat + agility is your base so 5+6 = 11. If you charge you get +2 = 13, then -4 for called shot = 9. You then split that pool into 2 smaller pools of 4 and 5 for the multiple attacks.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:48 am

And without the called shot, it would be 13, split into 2 making it 6 and 7. I'm not experienced enough to know if that's alot or not, so I'm gonna follow Winkingchef's advice: Not pulling punches. Not sure about multiple attack. Let's just do 1 for now, and see where it goes: Dicepool of 13.

Besides, I'll be on a trip this weekend, so will have a small frame of time to reply before a drive of roughly 8h, so let's roll these fraggers!
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:49 am

Huh, unless they changed it in 5th, I actually have another spell I could put on him to help...

Analyze Device (Active, Directional)
    Type: P • Range: T • Duration: S • DV: (F ÷ 2)

This spell allows the subject to analyze the purpose and operation of a device or piece of equipment within range of the sense. The caster must gain enough hits on the Spellcasting Test to beat the item’s Object Resistance (see p. 174). Each net hit gives the subject a bonus die while operating the device, and allows the subject to ignore any skill defaulting modifiers for using the device while the spell is sustained.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:51 am

Totally forgot about it, though I picked it up in case I needed to be shooting things, or to help fill in with something in a pinch.
    RafV
    RafV

Runner Dossier

Post by RafV Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:53 am

I'd have to default, as I have no spellcasting skills. Dunno if my Gremlins quality would screw it up even more, either.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:09 am

WuJen wrote:Huh, unless they changed it in 5th, I actually have another spell I could put on him to help...

Analyze Device (Active, Directional)
    Type: P • Range: T • Duration: S • DV: (F ÷ 2)

This spell allows the subject to analyze the purpose and operation of a device or piece of equipment within range of the sense. The caster must gain enough hits on the Spellcasting Test to beat the item’s Object Resistance (see p. 174). Each net hit gives the subject a bonus die while operating the device, and allows the subject to ignore any skill defaulting modifiers for using the device while the spell is sustained.

I am guessing you are trying to use it to give sun bonuses on using his staff? I am not sure if the spell works that way, at least I have never encountered it being used like that at any rate. I will have to do some research on that and get back to you. We'll say you cast it for now and I'll adjust things once I figure it out.

For reference, here is the text of the spell in the current book (it's slightly more detailed):

ANALYZE DEVICE
    (ACTIVE, DIRECTIONAL)
    Type: P Range: T
    Duration: S Drain: F – 3
    This spell allows the subject to analyze the purpose and operation of a device or piece of equipment within range of the sense. The casting of the spell is opposed by the object’s resistance (p. 295). Each net hit can be used to providea piece of information about the device that would not be readily apparent (for example, it would not give the information that it is a Renraku-manufactured device if the thing is emblazoned with a huge Renraku logo, but it might say what the basic function of the thing is). Each net hit also gives the subject a bonus die while operating the device and allows the subject to ignore any skill-defaulting modifiers for using it as long as the spell is sustained.

In case you are wondering, the object resistance for the regular staff is probably a 6 while the special one he has and doesn't know anything about (which this spell could actually help him learn things about) would be a 9. If he went out and hand carved an appropriate stick into a staff, it would be a 3.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:14 am

RafV wrote:I'd have to default, as I have no spellcasting skills. Dunno if my Gremlins quality would screw it up even more, either.

I am not sure if you are doing the analyzing or Wujen is (I suspect the latter). It looks like he touches someone and then analyzes the device through them? Seems like a weird way of wording it, but I am guessing the intent is for you to be able to buff others in using something.

Either way your gremlins won't be an issue for a staff.
    KingFisher
    KingFisher

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: KingFisher
    Physical Track: 0/9

Post by KingFisher Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:17 am

Be very interesting to know what that staff is made of, perhaps it's made of the rarest thing in the world a politicians integrity.
    They say there isn't enough of the stuff in the whole world to stuff an acorn, but who knows.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:19 am

It's a Detection spell, granting Him the sense.  He would analyze the staff, and receive the bonus for using it.
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:22 am

The only reason I thought of it was talking about splitting dice pools, seemed like a few extra dice would help with that.

Sorcery+Magic, -2 for wounds, -2 for an already sustained spell
    WuJen carried out 8 launched of one d6 :
    Where is everyone going? - Page 4 2 , Where is everyone going? - Page 4 1 , Where is everyone going? - Page 4 5 , Where is everyone going? - Page 4 6 , Where is everyone going? - Page 4 2 , Where is everyone going? - Page 4 5 , Where is everyone going? - Page 4 4 , Where is everyone going? - Page 4 2

Drain
    WuJen carried out 11 launched of one d6 :
    Where is everyone going? - Page 4 3 , Where is everyone going? - Page 4 5 , Where is everyone going? - Page 4 5 , Where is everyone going? - Page 4 4 , Where is everyone going? - Page 4 3 , Where is everyone going? - Page 4 6 , Where is everyone going? - Page 4 6 , Where is everyone going? - Page 4 5 , Where is everyone going? - Page 4 6 , Where is everyone going? - Page 4 1 , Where is everyone going? - Page 4 6

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:21 pm