Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

3 posters

Downtime 6 - Sam

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Downtime 6 - Sam - Page 2 Empty Re: Downtime 6 - Sam

Post by GameMaster Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:28 am

With plenty of time to kill between now and his meetup with his former classmate, Sam decides to plug into the system again. This time trying to set the simulation to something perhaps less likely to get him killed... ((pick a skill))
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Sam Dekker Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:05 pm

Suddenly, Sam knows that he set the training program for weapons training last time. Weird that he set the training, but didn't know it until now. If he had known it, he obviously wouldn't have chosen such a dangerous training. He changes the communication interface that he programmed from the weapons training to etiquette training, and then heads in to talk to NakaMats.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:04 am

Downtime 6 - Sam - Page 2 Downton-abbey_4dcf80_Moviestills-6659925Sam knows that the system's skill training was already set before he entered the first time and couldn't be changed until it was completed. It was a failsafe to avoid corruption to the brain file stored in the system. Given that he helped complete it, it was now capable of being changed and etiquette seems like a relatively harmless one to set.

He finds himself dressed in a fancy tux at a table full of fancy dressed guests. The table is set for a fancy dinner, but it has not been served yet, allowing the guests to chat with one another. He doesn't recognize any of the guests, but neither would he recognize himself as he looks nothing like his real world body. A woman sitting next to him starts some small talk, "Greetings, sir. My name is Isobel Crawley. I don't believe I caught your name." The other guests around the table, of whom there appear to be about ten or so, all appear to be engaged in conversation with one another as well.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:50 pm

Sam remains unconvinced by his inner monologue's explanation for why he was forced into the Doom sim.

Sam looks around at the assembled guests and tries to determine which of the other ten people is the disembodied consciousness he seeks.

He compares his avatar with the other avatars and tries to see if he can tell a difference in the PC avatars vs the NPC avatars. ((4 hits on knowledge check for determining PC avatars from NPC avatars. 2 hits on perception))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:05 am

Downtime 6 - Sam - Page 2 Downton-abbey_4dcf80_Moviestills-6659925A quick look around doesn't reveal anything particular obvious about the guests. At least nothing that would immediately point out any one of them as a person versus a simulation. He's pretty sure that if he did a sort of quick verbal Turing test, he could probably figure it out. He suspects there is no way that the non-human people here have anything resembling true AI.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:08 pm

His hopes of being able to easily spot NakaMats quickly and have a conversation with him seemingly dashed, Sam settles in to try to turing test some NPCs. Though, he isn't entirely sure that he will be able to tell computers from people...

"I am Sam," he responds to Isobel Crawley.
    "The following sentence is true.
    The previous sentence is false.
    Which of those two sentences is true?"
    He says, attempting to strike up some casual pre-dinner small talk.

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:50 am

Downtime 6 - Sam - Page 2 Downton-abbey_4dcf80_Moviestills-6659925Isobel smiles politely and says, "Nice to meet you Sam. I do not believe I've seen you at these gatherings before. How do you know the host?"
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:35 am

This person is probably an NPC. Then again, people often ignore the things that Sam says and talk to him like a child. Sam does not have the people skills to try to determine who is a real person and who is a computer.

"I hacked it,"he says to Isobel as he stands up to address the party.
    "Whichever of you is a real person downloaded to this machine, I would like to talk to you.
    Otherwise, I am going out that door, and I am going to delete you."

Sam begins walking toward the exit.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:59 pm

Downtime 6 - Sam - Page 2 Downton-abbey_4dcf80_Moviestills-6659925Isobel seems utterly confused by Sam's response and the party is put into an uproar over his declaration. There is a cacophony of "Well, I never"s, "This is an outrage"s, and even one or two "what is this madness?!"es. One of the men at the table says, "Just who are you and why are you here?"
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:32 pm

"I am Sam," Sam responds to the one of the men.
    "I am here to speak with the consciousness in the machine to determine what to do with him or her."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:09 pm