Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

3 posters

Downtime 5 - Fuchougou

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Downtime 5 - Fuchougou Empty Downtime 5 - Fuchougou

Post by GameMaster Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:45 pm

Downtime 5 - Fuchougou ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewscripps.brightspotcdn.com%2Fdc%2F64%2F1b8971c04bd6a7dc9eb3caa8ce5f%2Fbreaking-newsFuchougou wakes up the next day and hears the explosion is all over the news. Luckily police don't have any suspects (other than potentially ghouls) so it seems that the group is in the clear, at least for now. In the mean time, it's a new day with a fat bank account.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Sam Dekker
    Physical Track: 0/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Downtime 5 - Fuchougou Empty Re: Downtime 5 - Fuchougou

Post by Sam Dekker Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:46 pm

Fouchou receives a message from Sam:

>>>>>>I am in the shop, working on adding agility mods to Eula's arm.
    >>>>>>I am having some trouble getting the mods installed.
    >>>>>>Can you come assist me with this last one?
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Chougou
    Physical Track: 3/10
    Stun Track: 0/9

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:43 am

Fuchou heads out to go help Sam in whatever way he can.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:27 pm

It seems that Sam requires some help putting some upgrades into his new drone. The work is easy enough to get done for someone of your skill; just putting in new arm servos. Takes about an hour or so and it's done.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:55 am

Fuchou asks Sam if he has any tips for hacking that might help. he would really like to up his hacking abilities to be more useful.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:03 pm

Fuchou mentions to him that he has around 170,000 Nuyen to work with...
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:52 pm

"Other than learning programming and hacking skills, the biggest thing that you could but to improve your abilities in the matrix is an upgraded deck. What deck are you working with, currently?" Sam asks. He takes a look at the deck that Fuchou shows to him. (It's a Microdeck Summit, iirc)
    "Yes," Sam says. "You are going to want to upgrade that. You can probably sell it for almost 30,000 nuyen ((I think BiBo lets us sell back equipment for half the value)) that will give you about 200,000 nuyen to work with. With that amount, you can just about afford a Novatech Navigator. Or maybe a second hand Renraku Tsurugi. Either one will be a big upgrade over this Summit. And then I can show you how to mod it to squeeze even more juice from it, if you would like. ((page 65 of Data Trails lists some mods you can install. I would suggest at least moving the values of the attributes around. Leave one attribute with only 1 in it. You rarely need both sleaze and attack to have a good value at the same time.))
    Do you know my friend Akina? You should give her a call and see what decks she can get her hands on for you."
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:10 pm

Fuchou makes plans on upgrading his deck after the next run, but decides to focus on a protective cybersuit that he has been working on for a while. He thanks Sam for the info and does some light reading on hacking and programming, but doesn't get very far with it.

Fuchou then reaches out to Roku in their usual coded fashion and leaves messages in a secure online portal and speaks in code. He asks her if she found anything useful that could help her and/or any other info on how the ghoul detection worked. He then asks out of curiosity how she knew so much about him, and especially his status, and how he might better protect himself and his friends that he associates with.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:06 pm

Downtime 5 - Fuchougou RokudenashikoCoded as usual, Rokudenashiko is a bit more willing to talk now that the Cowboy job is over. When asked about how she knew what he was, she says she hacked his PAN and got a look at him with one of his own spy bots so she could identify him. Physically it's obvious once you get a good look at a ghoul. The fact that he was slinking around in sewers all the time also made her suspect as much (a fact easily determined by tracing his PAN's location). None of this was particularly difficult to do for a hacker. The only way to defend against such an attack is better gear, particularly one's firewall. But even that is no guarantee. So long as one is connected to the matrix, there is always the chance of being hacked.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:10 pm

Changing his mind again after seeing how easily he was discovered and feeling very embarrassed by it, Fuchou decides to get the best deck he can so that he can protect his identity (and the friends that are hiding him). He asks Sam which deck he would buy and if they can talk to Akina.
    Sam Dekker
    Sam Dekker

Runner Dossier

Post by Sam Dekker Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:45 pm

Sam says. "You can probably sell your old deck for almost 30,000 nuyen. ((I think BiBo lets us sell back equipment for half the value)) That will give you about 200,000 nuyen to work with. With that amount, you can just about afford a Novatech Navigator. Or maybe a second hand Renraku Tsurugi. Either one will be a big upgrade over this Summit. And then I can show you how to mod it to squeeze even more juice from it, if you would like. ((page 65 of Data Trails lists some mods you can install. I would suggest at least moving the values of the attributes around. Leave one attribute with only 1 in it. You rarely need both sleaze and attack to have a good value at the same time.))
    We should call Akina and see what decks she can get her hands on for you."
    Sam calls Akina and asks what decks she has in stock around that price point. ((they are both under 12 avail, so we don't really need to go through Akina. Unless Akina happens to have a used Tsurugi for a little bit less expensive. I think it's just sightly out of your price range otherwise. But, if you get it used then it will probably come with some sort stat penalty, and in that case will probably not be any better than the Navigator.))
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:48 am

Downtime 5 - Fuchougou Ozhftmm47utzAkina picks up and after told what is needed, she says, "Sorry, no Tsurugi's handy, but I've got a Ring of Light Special I can give you for 200,000 nuyen. Ain't the greatest for quiet stuff, but boy it'll smash a system good. If you want to take some stuff down quick, this is your boy. Got a fairly tight firewall as well."
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:21 pm

Fuchou says that he has his heart set on a Tsurugi after reading up on them.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:28 pm

Downtime 5 - Fuchougou Ozhftmm47utzAkina says, "Sorry, but I'm not exactly a deck dealer. Some of my friends upgrade and don't need their old machines from time to time, but deck supply isn't really my thing. If that's no good, hold on, lemme see if any of the guys are looking to get rid of something else."

The screen goes blank for a bit then Akina appears again. "Looks like we've got a shadow warrior available. Same price. Good for being sneaky. About as good overall as the Tsurugi, maybe better, maybe worse, depending on your needs. That's all we got in that price range though. Got some cheap ole junkers, but if you've got that much to spend you don't want those."
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:19 pm

Fuchou asks Sam if they could mod a Tsurugi to be equivalent...
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:29 pm

Sam is unsure what Fuchougo means about modding the Tsurugi since no one currently has one, but he says the Shadow Warrior is a good deck.
    Fuchou 复仇
    Fuchou 复仇

Runner Dossier

Post by Fuchou 复仇 Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:43 pm

Fuchou takes a nap because he's obviously too tired to do any real thinking and has a dream that the Shadow Warrior will help him immensely in his quest for vengeance. He gets it and asks Sam to help him trick it out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:51 pm