Gilon 3010

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gilon 3010

Shadowrun game in an alternate, homebrew universe.

3 posters

Downtime 5 - Wujen

GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Tester "Blankman" Runner
    Physical Track: 10/10
    Stun Track: 10/10

Downtime 5 - Wujen - Page 2 Empty Re: Downtime 5 - Wujen

Post by GameMaster Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:59 pm

Downtime 5 - Wujen - Page 2 Cyberpunk-Cop-615x1024The officer says, "Look. I only need it to obey me once and I need you to not be nosy about what I get it to do. You keep your nose out of my business and I guarantee you won't have anything to worry about. Insist on asking questions and we're done here. I'll just go ahead and file that bribery charge."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Masaru Ryotosuma(WuJen)
    Physical Track: 7/9
    Stun Track: 1/11

Post by WuJen Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:33 pm

"That's not the deal. You get my services. You go giving the wrong orders to a spirit and you might get yourself killed. I don't care what you want it to do. I am not concerned with your motives, private life, loves, hates, or anything like that."

"You think because you watched some shows about magic on the trid that what you ask is simple and that I'm objecting on moral grounds. It's not, and I'm not. You did me a solid, and I'm good to return the favor. You may not know it, but that's a valuable commodity."

" But in the interest of moving this along, what kind of Spirit?, And what do you consider powerful?
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:25 am

Downtime 5 - Wujen - Page 2 Cyberpunk-Cop-615x1024The officer says, "I dunno. Strong enough to out-muscle an average ork. I hear earth spirits are good at that sort of thing, but I guess anything with some muscle in it aughta be strong enough."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:27 am

"You. Don't. Know. This is why you are better off just telling me what you want it to do. But Fine, I can get you an Earth Spirit stronger than an average ork. Any idea what powers it should have? Not all spirits are the same, even among type. They don't all act the same either, even if given the exact same instructions. Summoners have an inmate mental link with their spirits which makes it easier for them, since the spirit can get a sense of the intent behind their instructions, but don't make the mistake of thinking this like ordering a drone or even a trained animal. These things are dangerous because they are not of this world, and they don't really understand it. The rules are different where they come from."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:43 pm

Downtime 5 - Wujen - Page 2 Cyberpunk-Cop-615x1024The officer says, "I don't need it to have powers. I just need it to be strong and I need it to do what I asked it to do. That's it."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:52 pm

"If you are sure. Earth Spirits can bury things, glue things together, find things, and all manner of useful tasks. What one I summon won't do is hurt or kill someone on your behalf. Besides, I'd hate for you to waste a magical favor on something you could pay a gutter punk to do with a good bit meal."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:53 pm

Downtime 5 - Wujen - Page 2 Cyberpunk-Cop-615x1024The officer says, "Every time I tell you what I want, you add a new condition. If we're going to keep tacking on condition after condition, there's gonna be no point in dealing with you. And if there's no point in dealing with you, I have a job to do."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:06 pm

"You haven't told me what you want yet. The way you make this sound you want me to trade a weapons charge for a murder rap."

"However, I haven't really put conditions on so much as pointed out the limitations of what you have asked. Tell me what you are after and I can help more. However, if you just want me to summon you an Earth Spirit that will do anything you ask other than harm or kill another person, sure, I'll do that."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:24 pm

"I'm really trying to help you here. You did me a favor, and I'd like to return it. You don't have to strong arm me into helping you anymore than I have to ask you what you are thinking. I assure you that as much as I'd like to keep charges off my name, I'm not going to put myself into even worse jeapordy to get out of it."

"Now, if you are looking for protection, or to recover something that you are owed... That's negotiable. But if all you want is to use one of my spirits to harm someone, that won't work."
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:58 pm

Downtime 5 - Wujen - Page 2 Cyberpunk-Cop-615x1024The officer says, "I don't want to strongarm you into anything. You made the offer and I want my business to remain my business. I let you keep your business to your business without asking any questions, it's just common decency for you to do the same in return. I didn't put any conditions on your departure. I just trusted you to not cause trouble for me or the city. You'll just have to trust that I do the same."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:06 pm

WuJen sighs. "Fine. You've been warned. Stronger than the average ork it is. You want it right here, or wait until later?"
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:04 pm

Downtime 5 - Wujen - Page 2 Cyberpunk-Cop-615x1024The officer says, "We'll get unnecessary attention summoning up spirits here. Let's go somewhere quiet, you summon up the spirit, tell it to obey me and we're done. We go our separate ways and never have to talk to each other again."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:50 pm

WuJen follows the officer to a more secluded spot nearby, and summons Earth.

"Remember, it will only Obey you once. Use your command well."

WuJen mentally asks the spirit to manifest and pay attention to the officer, but once the officer gives a command to return to astral space and inform WuJen of the request before proceeding if WuJen isn't present when the command is given.

"Good Luck.". WuJen leaves the officer to his business.
    GameMaster
    GameMaster
    Admin

Runner Dossier

Post by GameMaster Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:38 am

Downtime 5 - Wujen - Page 2 Cyberpunk-Cop-615x1024You split ways, the officer apparently satisfied that he's going to be left alone. He doesn't make use of the spirit until later in the day, almost sunset, but not quite. The spirit appears before Wujen, announcing that it has been asked to wreck a wall, before disappearing off to wherever it's suppose to do this wall demolition.
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kin
    Physical Track: 9/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Deadeye Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:37 am

"Hey WuJen, it's Kin. I'm on Sun's commlink because he didn't want to make four wrong calls before he got a hold of you. Listen, we've gone down below the basement at King Cobra's about three times and there is an underwater tunnel that is longer than we can hold out with our air. Any suggestions like maybe a spirit you can conjure up to recon down there?"
    Deadeye
    Deadeye

Runner Dossier
    Name/Alias: Kin
    Physical Track: 9/10
    Stun Track: 0/10

Post by Deadeye Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:14 am

As Sun and Kin are leaving King Cobra's camp, Kin grabs his commlink to speak with WuJen.

"Hey WuJen, it's Kin. This time I'm on my own commlink. I need more living space and was wondering if I could take a spare bed at the Community Center. I'd be happy to pay my share of whatever needs paying."
    WuJen
    WuJen

Runner Dossier

Post by WuJen Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:33 am

"Of course, that's what it's there for. Just remember that it's a public place, so be careful of big guns and shiny cars."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:28 pm